Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,120 members, 7,811,150 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

Can You Provide Any Of My Goat Farm Needs... VENDORS NEEDED - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Can You Provide Any Of My Goat Farm Needs... VENDORS NEEDED (2882 Views)

My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) / My Watermelon Farm Needs Help / Must Read For Farmers/agro Suppliers: Afiaafrika.com.ng Needs Vendors/farmers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Provide Any Of My Goat Farm Needs... VENDORS NEEDED by blitzman: 9:20am On Oct 24, 2015
Hello Guys,

I am interested in goat farming and its about time i put my desire in to action.

I acquired a 5 acre of land in Odeda, Abeokuta 1 year ago and now I want to start my commercial goat business in earnest. I have done my business plan and its time to get my idea to work.

I intend to start with 150 Does and 10 Bucks. Below are the list of things I need

- Construction of the perfect goat pens that can accommodate a 1000 goats (Looking at the future)
- Construction of farm house
- Farm to supply 160 goats
- Bore hole expert

If you can help with any of the above, kindly drop your number or email address.

Thanks
Re: Can You Provide Any Of My Goat Farm Needs... VENDORS NEEDED by TheUnbeatable(m): 10:45pm On Oct 24, 2015
@ Op:

I know your location.

Your idea is good but I don't see sustainability in it.

Goat pen? Hmnn, can west African dwarf goat be efficient under pen management?

Whoever did your feasibility or business plan for you should be doubted.

It's not in my nature to attack or condemn people but from experience, I think the plan must be revisited.

God bless your hustle.

One love
Re: Can You Provide Any Of My Goat Farm Needs... VENDORS NEEDED by Nobody: 11:24pm On Oct 24, 2015
TheUnbeatable:

@ Op:

I know your location.

Your idea is good but I don't see sustainability in it.

Goat pen? Hmnn, can west African dwarf goat be efficient under pen management?

Whoever did your feasibility or business plan for you should be doubted.

It's not in my nature to attack or condemn people but from experience, I think the plan must be revisited.

God bless your hustle.

One love

If they are being well managed in farm pens in obodo oyibo, I see no reason why they cant be here at home. Because they are hyper active, their pens are designed in different ways as those for pigs or cattle.

1 Like

Re: Can You Provide Any Of My Goat Farm Needs... VENDORS NEEDED by crystalf: 5:00am On Oct 25, 2015
blitzman:
Hello Guys,

I am interested in goat farming and its about time i put my desire in to action.

I acquired a 5 acre of land in Odeda, Abeokuta 1 year ago and now I want to start my commercial goat business in earnest. I have done my business plan and its time to get my idea to work.

I intend to start with 150 Does and 10 Bucks. Below are the list of things I need

- Construction of the perfect goat pens that can accommodate a 1000 goats (Looking at the future)
- Construction of farm house
- Farm to supply 160 goats
- Bore hole expert

If you can help with any of the above, kindly drop your number or email address.

Thanks

Nice op

My farm is in Odeda too, where re u in Odeda
Re: Can You Provide Any Of My Goat Farm Needs... VENDORS NEEDED by TheUnbeatable(m): 3:36pm On Oct 25, 2015
@ maple:

I agree with you. I don't mind to learn more at your feet, Boss. Nothing is impossible.
Re: Can You Provide Any Of My Goat Farm Needs... VENDORS NEEDED by crystalf: 3:58pm On Oct 25, 2015
Where are the goat pros please help a brother
Re: Can You Provide Any Of My Goat Farm Needs... VENDORS NEEDED by Preetybuoy(m): 4:40pm On Oct 25, 2015
I Think the tall hausa goat will be more preferable or the Ram.

Other than the dwarf goat as they attract better market price and heigher demand
Re: Can You Provide Any Of My Goat Farm Needs... VENDORS NEEDED by TheUnbeatable(m): 9:33pm On Oct 25, 2015
In agribusiness, before you venture as an investor, you study the venture well, do we have people doing it? Are they making profit? Or struggling? What is their per unit production cost? Is their methodology sustainable? What of breakeven analysis? What of technicalities?

West African dwarf goat has a reputation for ruggedness and milk yield across the globe and that is why it's demand is insatiable.

As much as people rear goats in pens abroad, can we afford the cost? Do we have the feeding materials and premix they use?

Statistics show that goat production is largely in the hands of small, marginal farmers and agricultural landless labourers even in India and some other countries.

A goat farmer must be ready to identify sick animals, visit goat shed daily and render quick treatment and preventive measures.
He/she must be ready for routine vaccination e.g

Give multi component at February, polyvalent at June, oil adjuvent at July, pox vaccine at September, multi component clostridia at December. So sayeth the "books". This means you keep the vet as close as possible.

I don't see anyone engaging in all these and more if he/she is not in it for "goat milk" which I know is very expensive.

You have to battle pneumonia, pseudo- rinderpest, foot and mouth disease, cpd,, goat pox, blue tongue, anthrax, tetanus... I can keep naming diseases and other challenges but how many do you see in a ranging goat?

That is why I advise pasture or range goat farming. The nature will help you escape majority of all these obstacles.

My mind is burning as I am writing this piece but I can't burst it open here because I don't like debating but it pains me when someone with little or no "field knowledge" utter "good talks" let me put it that way.

I don't mean to be rude or confrontational to anyone but I just want to tell the Op to be careful of "copy copy" there are many things that works abroad and may not work here in nigeria because of many Nigerian factors. There are even very many vet drugs we don't see to buy, may be in my place here in akure but I have made enquiries sometime back when I wanted to buy "AI KIT" and the vet called, ibadan, lagos, kaduna, and we could not get. Exchange rate discourages import and supermarkets keep importing goat meat and the likes at cheap price. Tell me how we can survive in same market producing goat meat intensively?

God bless Nigeria,
God bless Nairaland,
God bless the reader.

Sincerely,

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Provide Any Of My Goat Farm Needs... VENDORS NEEDED by rareman(m): 3:46am On Oct 26, 2015
TheUnbeatable:

In agribusiness, before you venture as an investor, you study the venture well, do we have people doing it? Are they making profit? Or struggling? What is their per unit production cost? Is their methodology sustainable? What of breakeven analysis? What of technicalities?

West African dwarf goat has a reputation for ruggedness and milk yield across the globe and that is why it's demand is insatiable.

As much as people rear goats in pens abroad, can we afford the cost? Do we have the feeding materials and premix they use?

Statistics show that goat production is largely in the hands of small, marginal farmers and agricultural landless labourers even in India and some other countries.

A goat farmer must be ready to identify sick animals, visit goat shed daily and render quick treatment and preventive measures.
He/she must be ready for routine vaccination e.g

Give multi component at February, polyvalent at June, oil adjuvent at July, pox vaccine at September, multi component clostridia at December. So sayeth the "books". This means you keep the vet as close as possible.

I don't see anyone engaging in all these and more if he/she is not in it for "goat milk" which I know is very expensive.

You have to battle pneumonia, pseudo- rinderpest, foot and mouth disease, cpd,, goat pox, blue tongue, anthrax, tetanus... I can keep naming diseases and other challenges but how many do you see in a ranging goat?

That is why I advise pasture or range goat farming. The nature will help you escape majority of all these obstacles.

My mind is burning as I am writing this piece but I can't burst it open here because I don't like debating but it pains me when someone with little or no "field knowledge" utter "good talks" let me put it that way.

I don't mean to be rude or confrontational to anyone but I just want to tell the Op to be careful of "copy copy" there are many things that works abroad and may not work here in nigeria because of many Nigerian factors. There are even very many vet drugs we don't see to buy, may be in my place here in akure but I have made enquiries sometime back when I wanted to buy "AI KIT" and the vet called, ibadan, lagos, kaduna, and we could not get. Exchange rate discourages import and supermarkets keep importing goat meat and the likes at cheap price. Tell me how we can survive in same market producing goat meat intensively?

God bless Nigeria,
God bless Nairaland,
God bless the reader.

Sincerely,

Thanks your words are deep, it seams you have been beaten once in this game. Please what possible way can we make profit in goat rearing? Am about to go into it this month in a plot of land. I will appreciate your kind words thank you
Re: Can You Provide Any Of My Goat Farm Needs... VENDORS NEEDED by TheUnbeatable(m): 9:45am On Oct 28, 2015
One plot is small.

When raising goats we talk of acres or hectares of pasture.

God bless your hustle.
Re: Can You Provide Any Of My Goat Farm Needs... VENDORS NEEDED by TheUnbeatable(m): 11:03pm On Nov 05, 2015
rareman:

Thanks your words are deep, it seams you have been beaten once in this game. Please what possible way can we make profit in goat rearing? Am about to go into it this month in a plot of land. I will appreciate your kind words thank you

The way I know is free range. I stand to be corrected sir, but for our west African dward goat? I dobt if any other means of rearing them is rewarding.

God bless your hustle.
Re: Can You Provide Any Of My Goat Farm Needs... VENDORS NEEDED by penagronigltd: 7:25am On Nov 06, 2015
The unbeatable is talking from a very deep well of experience and knowledge. please hear ye him.
Re: Can You Provide Any Of My Goat Farm Needs... VENDORS NEEDED by JohnNgene: 1:42pm On Nov 06, 2015
I think the semi-intensive would be best. I mean, the goats should have a well-ventilated pen safe from sun and rain where they can sleep at night. While they're allowed to roam within a well-fenced land. Of course, you'll provide them food and water twice or thrice daily. That's how I intend to rear my own goats.

I don't think it's wise to start with more than one hundred goats for a first-time goat-rearer. Start with maybe fifty goats in your first year. Then grow to hundred goats in second year. Before expanding to five hundred goats from your third year in the business.

I wish you success.
Re: Can You Provide Any Of My Goat Farm Needs... VENDORS NEEDED by nakscin(m): 5:37pm On Nov 07, 2015
Bro....u r inline...love ur idea...bt d amount u ve in mind to kp...is wey too much...start small...n lrn frm dem....bt u should try,,n concentrate more on hw to source for their food...if u want to confined dem....come to d north after d groundnut,millet n soy bean harvest....buy d dried sticks...dey love that a lot...n try...getn dired breweries waste...'Ll help...alot...wnt to invest in that bt nt now i live in kaduna...if u need more...lets talk betr on whats app...08092520556
Re: Can You Provide Any Of My Goat Farm Needs... VENDORS NEEDED by TheUnbeatable(m): 9:31pm On Nov 08, 2015
JohnNgene:
I think the semi-intensive would be best. I mean, the goats should have a well-ventilated pen safe from sun and rain where they can sleep at night. While they're allowed to roam within a well-fenced land. Of course, you'll provide them food and water twice or thrice daily. That's how I intend to rear my own goats.

I don't think it's wise to start with more than one hundred goats for a first-time goat-rearer. Start with maybe fifty goats in your first year. Then grow to hundred goats in second year. Before expanding to five hundred goats from your third year in the business.

I wish you success.

What you just said is my idea of free range. I don't mean the conventional free range that you buy the goats and allow them roam carelessly into the arms of danger.

God bless your hustle.
Re: Can You Provide Any Of My Goat Farm Needs... VENDORS NEEDED by Seyiflower(f): 7:27pm On Aug 04, 2016
good day to everybody in the house, am enjoying this trend but no response from anyone for long.
please where is everyone plssssssss
Re: Can You Provide Any Of My Goat Farm Needs... VENDORS NEEDED by TheUnbeatable(m): 2:40am On Aug 05, 2016
Everyone is busy with their businesses , My dear
Re: Can You Provide Any Of My Goat Farm Needs... VENDORS NEEDED by konews: 11:55am On Sep 08, 2020
Re: Can You Provide Any Of My Goat Farm Needs... VENDORS NEEDED by DeejaywonDJ1(m): 10:27pm On Sep 08, 2020
Since you're building it on 5acres you're good to go with the plan if you already have market for it. Plan for hydroponic folder along as well because it'll reduce the cost of feeding by 70%. There is a guy around Ọ̀yọ́ town who is into livestock and poultry, you can contact him and tour his farm he'll help you.
Re: Can You Provide Any Of My Goat Farm Needs... VENDORS NEEDED by authocratic: 7:55pm On Sep 11, 2020
DeejaywonDJ1:
Since you're building it on 5acres you're good to go with the plan if you already have market for it. Plan for hydroponic folder along as well because it'll reduce the cost of feeding by 70%. There is a guy around Ọ̀yọ́ town who is into livestock and poultry, you can contact him and tour his farm he'll help you.

What's the name of the farm, and his contact Pls?
Re: Can You Provide Any Of My Goat Farm Needs... VENDORS NEEDED by DeejaywonDJ1(m): 9:03pm On Sep 11, 2020
authocratic:

What's the name of the farm, and his contact Pls?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Investing In Hybrid Plantain Plantation Is Not Synonymous To MMM. Find Out Why? / My First Broiler Experience / $$

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.