Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,000 members, 7,835,375 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards (26305 Views)

China-Bound Nigerian Arrested With 130ATM Cards Hidden In Noodles (pic) / NDLEA Arrests Drug Baron Shipping $23m Narcotics To S’africa (pictured) / NDLEA Arrests South African-based Nigerian With Drugs (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by erico2k2(m): 8:20pm On Oct 25, 2015
omonnakoda:
So you believe if you arrive in the US wih 64 cards bearing different names they will say Welcome to America and wave you through
My position is to ask questions . I don't know the law. What irks me is when someone who knows no more than me tries to bluff as if they know it all . That really does my head in? Where is the intellectual humility in just saying you don't know?
The reality is this sort of activity is governed by LAWS and REGULATIONS. Laws enacted by statute which empower agencies to make regulations which change all the time .The relevant body in this case being the CBN.The CBN makes regulations without recourse to new legislation and that really is what is at stake here
No they wont however,there is no law let me use the Uk cos thats where I live, no law stating the amount of ATM card one must have in the bag hut if you are seen with 64 and u can prove them not to be stolen and you are carrying them for friends and associates then you are free to go.Same thing goes for significant cash

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by erico2k2(m): 8:22pm On Oct 25, 2015
seangy4konji:
People weh get msr for Australia deh hustle me for track 1 and 2 and sometimes I might nt have an iTunes card to update my iTunes. People who have the best tools sometimes need the simplest of tools. Just saying man.
bro everybody dey do reach where dem sabi reach.
Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by val15: 8:22pm On Oct 25, 2015
If u don't know what to comment U should shut up.how do u expect them to buy goods in China.when u can not travel with more than 10000 dollars and u cannot transfer money abroad through banks or any other means..useless policy to destroy people's bizness
Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by omonnakoda: 8:23pm On Oct 25, 2015
erico2k2:

No they wont however,there is no law let me use the Uk cos thats where I live, no law stating the amount of ATM card one must have in the bag hut if you are seen with 64 and u can prove them not to be stolen and you are carrying them for friends and associates then you are free to go.Same thing goes for significant cash
The qustion here is whether ther is a duty to declare them That is the question perhaps you have not grasped the fundmentals of the story. When traveling from one jurisdiction to another is there a duty to declare such instruments YES OR NO
Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by omonnakoda: 8:23pm On Oct 25, 2015
erico2k2:

The question here is whether there is a duty to declare them That is the question perhaps you have not grasped the fundamentals of the story. When traveling from one jurisdiction to another is there a duty to declare such instruments YES OR NO

The story says not only did they not declare there was an attempt at concealment

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by seangy4konji: 8:30pm On Oct 25, 2015
Na hin dem deh talk say

God bless the week In English language. But bro?

Not everyone will tell you what I am going to do with this is illegitimate. Abi u don see person weh prophecy am for mma before?
erico2k2:

bro everybody dey do reach where dem sabi reach.
Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by Kalvan: 8:37pm On Oct 25, 2015
Chisos! "We arrested Nweke Pauline Osita with 65 debit cards and Egesiokwu Frank Chukwudi."

These Yeegbo bastards again. Biafra's main export is going to be fraud and crime. grin grin grin grin
Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by Kalvan: 8:40pm On Oct 25, 2015
steph2sweet:

Mr can you stop being a tribal bigot for once. You are shouting ibo as if you are a saint.

It should be : YEEGBO! YEEGBO YEEGBO!

Biafraudsters! Don't kill us with crime.
Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by bigtt76(f): 8:41pm On Oct 25, 2015
Daily withdraw limit is $300 per account so pooling all the funds won't work. Time they start embracing online stores undecided

Demmocrats:
wink What if at the end there story checks out.

What if at the end the traders gave them those ATM to help them buy stuffs in China.

Have any of you guys done wire transfer from one bank to another and know the percentage you pay those banks.

Those traders might want to bypass that but it would have been better if they all transferred there money in one account with one ATM assigned to the account.
Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by AlienStar: 8:42pm On Oct 25, 2015
Seriously eh! I bet they did that to show FG that they r of importance.
erico2k2:

me sef tire,I have up to 15 cards in my name so NDLEA would stop me at teh airport abi?Nigerian law enforcement agencies embarrassing Nigerians in the world stage since 1800
Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by cherechi01: 8:44pm On Oct 25, 2015
i think why they carry those cards is because of one policy i been hearing since buhari came to power, that there are limit of withdrawer for one account. so when they want to travel they open separate account with there name,friends,and relation name so they can be able to buy goods when they go out there. they are not criminals, they can' t go out there are come back buying nothing to sell at there shop.
Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by xtervaganza(m): 8:46pm On Oct 25, 2015
Awin omo nna

Odaran ni won
Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by kolaaderin: 8:47pm On Oct 25, 2015
Name checker association reporting from lekki branch. Confirmed and stamped, u can't be wrong like toyota
Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by xxxtedyxxx(m): 8:50pm On Oct 25, 2015
missyadorable:
Immediately I saw NDLEA,i suspected the culprits will be Yeebos

I came to check and behold,I wasn't disappointed
I wonder wen u go get sense and deliver ur sef from dis tribalistic trash. Mumu.

A Yoruba Boy.
Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by erico2k2(m): 8:50pm On Oct 25, 2015
omonnakoda:
The qustion here is whether ther is a duty to declare them That is the question perhaps you have not grasped the fundmentals of the story. When traveling from one jurisdiction to another is there a duty to declare such instruments YES OR NO
NO there is none

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by erico2k2(m): 8:54pm On Oct 25, 2015
bigtt76:
Daily withdraw limit is $300 per account so pooling all the funds won't work. Time they start embracing online stores undecided

I see you do not belong to the school of people who buy goods of up to 20M in one go.The new policy also pose challenges on how much you can buy with your 9ja issued cards, its not restricted to just cash withdrawals at this point I believe you realize how silly this policy is.

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by nicerichard05: 8:55pm On Oct 25, 2015
Aufbauh:
B R E A K I N G : finally @Chukwudi44 of nairaland has been arrested by the operatives of NDLEA?
ATM cards found with him may not be unconnected to account holders of some Nigerian top politicians been accused of money laundry, false assets declarations and electoral fraud.

Details of report coming soon.....................................

You Be fooll.

#NoToTribalism undecided undecided
Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by nicerichard05: 8:59pm On Oct 25, 2015
tunde1200:
Nweke Pauline Osita, 40 years old and Egesiokwu Frank Chukwudi, 41 years old were arrested at the weekend with ATM cards of different banks.

ALWAYS THEM!

You Be fooll.

Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by nicerichard05: 9:00pm On Oct 25, 2015
hyfr:
Is only an igbo man that will have the heart to take such a risk. Those set of people are bold and courageous tho. Maybe that's why they're making it.

You Be fooll.

Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by Obiagu1(m): 9:00pm On Oct 25, 2015
When I tell my people to come out and support Biafra fully, they think life is good for them, buisness is booming forgetting that with one policy, they would be rendered bankrupt.

Nigeria is not a country, it's a country whose major aim is to keep the Igbo down.

We've got to leave!
Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by nicerichard05: 9:01pm On Oct 25, 2015
johnshagb:
The most hard working tribe from the eastern part of the zoo.
Chukwu okike abiama bless them even as they usher them into kirikiri... Isee

You Be fooll.

Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by nicerichard05: 9:01pm On Oct 25, 2015
naijapips02:
New yahoo format.

Trust biafrans to always discover new schemes. Lazy mofos.

You Be fooll.

Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by nicerichard05: 9:03pm On Oct 25, 2015
Adaowerri111:
umu Biafra, nwayo bu ije

You Be fooll.

Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by nicerichard05: 9:06pm On Oct 25, 2015
seangy4konji:
As much as some will say they r going for business. It is still money laundering.

They will be freed though.

Good luck to them.

Awon omo Igbo. Mind you she na only Igbo deh do business for Nigeria.only mofos will say yes.

You Be fooll.

Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by hyfr(m): 9:07pm On Oct 25, 2015
nicerichard05:

You Be fooll.

nwanne guo the post ozo. I no insult my people abeg
Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by omonnakoda: 9:11pm On Oct 25, 2015
erico2k2:

NO there is none
Based on what ? That is my question legislation ,regulation which you can cite or your opinion
Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by femo86(m): 9:19pm On Oct 25, 2015
Aufbauh:
B R E A K I N G : finally @Chukwudi44 of nairaland has been arrested by the operatives of NDLEA?
ATM cards found with him may not be unconnected to account holders of some Nigerian top politicians been accused of money laundry, false assets declarations and electoral fraud.

Details of report coming soon.....................................

Usually I don't do this but I searched for "Chukwudi44" on nairaland. Bros u funny ooo grin
Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by Obiagu1(m): 9:20pm On Oct 25, 2015
omonnakoda:
Based on what ? That is my question legislation ,regulation which you can cite or your opinion

There's no legislation anywhere in the world that limits the amount of money in ones' DEBIT card or the number of DEBIT cards you can carry on you.

When they say money laundering, do they even know the meaning?

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by vascey(m): 9:21pm On Oct 25, 2015
1. First of all, ask yourself? Is there a law against the number of ATM cards you can take abroad?

2. Secondly, if my friend or family member wants me to purchase goods for them abroad and they give me their card, considering the current cbn limitations, is it a crime?

3. Has the ndlea verified that these cards are fraudulent? By fraudulent, I mean that they obtained these cards under false pretenses and with different names?

4. If these cards indeed belong to their friends and family members, and there is indeed no law against it, then they have committed no crime.

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by omonnakoda: 9:28pm On Oct 25, 2015
Obiagu1:

There's no legislation anywhere in the world that limits the amount of money in ones' DEBIT card or the number of DEBIT cards you can carry on you.

When they say money laundering, do they even know the meaning?
Money laundering is defined in more than one way across jurisdictions. So here we are talking of Nigeria and the context is the current currency restrictions that are in place and the particulars of those restriction. The possession of the cards is not necessarily a crime but the intent or Mens Rea. If the intent is to bypass the extant currency restrictions then there may be a conspiracy crime which may or may not fall under laundering laws or some other breach of currency restrictions. I recall Federal Govt v F anikulapo-kuti 30 years ago. The normal thing here following arrest is to charge them to court and then the courts decide whether a crime has been committed. To my mind it appears that there is an attempt to circumvent regulations. This is one of those instances where he suspect would do well not to exercise any right to silence but to give credible statement when questioned.

"There is no legislation anywhere in the world" Typical Eboe man talking why can you be humble in your lives ?? Have you read legislation in North Korea and Iran or Afghanistan or Cuba? Saying I don't know is not weakness refusing to do so is often foolishness

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards by Obiagu1(m): 9:32pm On Oct 25, 2015
omonnakoda:
Money laundering is defined in more than one way across jurisdiction. So here we are talking of Nigeria nd the context is the current currency restrictions that are in place and the particulars of those restriction. The possession of the cards is not necessarily a crime but the intent or Mens Rea. If the intent is to bypass the extant currency restrictions then there may be a conspiracy crime which may or may not fall under laundering laws or some other breach of currency restrictions. I recall Federal Govt v F anikulapo-kuti 30 years ago. The normal thing here following arrest is to charge them to court and then the courts decide whether a crime has been committed. To my mind it appears that there is an attempt to circumvent regulations. This is one of those instances where he suspect would do well not to exercise any right to silence but to give credible statement when questioned

You know circumventing a regulation legally is in itself legal, right?
A crime was not commited here.
The guys are simply being harassed.

They were not found with cash over a stated limit.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagos Robbery: Slain Fish Hawker Buried In Ikoyi / Video Of Man Who Rejected N1M From Politician, Got Electrocuted In Port Harcourt / Ahmed Husein Shot Dead For Exposing Massive Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.