Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,612 members, 7,816,514 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge (11181 Views)

The USS Nimitz-the Biggest And Most Sophisticated Aircraft Carrier In The World. / Russia Using Electronic Warfare To Cloak Its Actions In Syria From Isis And Nato / Dasuki Releases Images Of Sophisticated Weapons Acquired Under Jonathan [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Tkester: 3:30am On Oct 29, 2015
Missy89:

So what is the truth?

The truth is that I want us to run things.
And BTW, I don't have time for long epistles, its either you are in or out.
Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by sweetgala(m): 10:39am On Oct 29, 2015
Tkester:

Your very correct. A certain girl on this thread (missy89) needs to hear this

Really, there is a certain opinion by un-informed people in general even in US and Europe that western equipment are best, but I'm into my military equipment and subscribe to a few military journals, Russian Kit is seriously dangerous and ahead of western equipment which are often too complex and expensive to maintain.

What is the purpose of an F22 raptor which spends over 72 hrs on the ground after a sortie mission, the Us consequently has to have so many F22 and F35 to be able to maintain operational readiness, at over $150 million / bird that is extremely expensive when this same jet can be outflown, in a dog-fight and plucked out of the air by a Su-20MKM which would land on a crusty run-way refuel and be back up in the air in less than 2 hours.

In a world-war the american economy would be crippled by the cost to operate their equipment, If the Nigerian Army were serious they would buy into the joint Russia/China/Pakistan venture to build good quality, 4++ and 5th/6th generation fighter jets, we can learn how to build with a competent well experienced partner who are not looking to exploit us needlessly.

We can also buy YAK 130 rather than those shitty alpha jets
Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Appleyard(m): 1:43pm On Oct 30, 2015
Missy89:

If we are using specs to determine a weapons effectiveness. Why are we here arguing about what is what in the first place.

I dont have time digging through your post but if you never said that before then my bad. That said, I dont have anything against Russia. There is a conventional line of thought among anti-american folks. They believe you have to support Russia and China if you are against the US. And banksters control US but not the Russia and China. That will be the greatest lie ever told. Banksters are everywhere lol. Russia is still very reliant on commodities, Where do you think the prices are set?. The banksters had Russia by the balls after the October revolution.

How do you think China was able to develop at a rapid pace in the first place? Go and read about the 8 immortals and their princelings of China or the collusion between the Soviet Union and the West and how the Soviets were able to MIRV during the early days of the nuclear race and how the Soviet union was propped up by the West before it collapsed.

I was talking about money to build tanks not the fighting in Syria

There are limits to how far any country can go when it comes to spending money on a war abroad. The US that is way richer nearly went bankrupt fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan. Same thing happened to the soviets in Afghanistan, the difference is, Putin has learned from history and he is transferring the financial burden on Russians by cutting pensions, health and education costs and devaluation (risky but worth it) unlike the Soviet leadership that kept living in denial until it was too late.

That said, Building a tank that will replace a whole or half of the current MBT deployed is another thing. And Yes!, There is no money to do it at this point. That is why they are considering T14 exports since more orders will reduce the unit costs eventually. The story is the same with the PAK FA by developing a variant with India since it will have the same airframe.

There is nothing like unrepentant trolling here.If i got something 10 yrs ago and you just have it today is that not playing catch up?

@ the bolded

Russia is spending about $4 million a day in Syria that is peanuts if you compare it to Russia's defense budget. technically, with the size and level of operation that is within what will be classified under a military exercise budget. So it is not a testimony to any effect. Besides, Russia is already staving herself to maintain and update her deterrence ( nuclear weapons )
The reason i like rolling with you is that you do call a spade a spade when it matters so, although you surprise me at times with your sense of inclinations regarding certain issues.

Yes, bankers are everywhere, and all wars appears to be bankers wars. But we can agree that the degree at which these banksters activities prevails in the US via the war machine, is far above what entails in other places like Russia and China, otherwise, i don't see any other reason why the US should be $18trillion Dollars in debt. What were the money mostly used for? Nothing but wars upon wars.

Your statement that anti-American folks are incline to support China along with Russia when dealing with America, is valid, but not in the way it appears to mean. Many supports Russia and China together against America, not out of necessity, but simply out of reality. It is no secret that the US sees Russia as the greatest threat to it's security, while China's contineous rise in military capability is view as a big worry and a major threat in Washington circles. They both have a common enemy, and even as we speak, US war ships are dangerously roaming the South China sea. See why people will support the two? America causing problems and increasing tentions here and there, and we all are fed up with it.

Hoestly, i just don't have the time to analyse how China rose to prominence economically. This also should help.

www.fpri.org/articles/2011/06/rise-chinas-economy

Unrepented trollers are everywhere, sputing garbages without second thought. I even met one recently telling me if it was to be a republican like Bush that is in the White House, the US would have invaded Russia by now. When i ask him what makes him feel so, guess what he said, " that Russia don't have the capability to shoot helicpters, let alone US fighter jetsgrin That is a troller for yougrin

Playing catch up: how many capability does US have 10-20 years before the Soviets got to know about it? You can help a brother out here. And maybe there are some little ones the Soviets know before the US came to know of it, and one of it is the recent capability that you can manned and lunch cruise missiles from smaller ships. I believe that is a capability too.cheesy

What makes you think if Russia can be spending over $4million Dollars a day in Syria, can lunch cruise missiles that is very costly, it can't afford the purchase of Tanks? The fact that Russia is facing some degree of financial constraint doesn't imply it can't fund ordinary tank purchase if it actually wants to. It all winds down to strategic necessity for the time being. There are other more pressing matters that demands urgent attention than purchase of tanks, no matter how advance. this is the difference between Russia's and American policy makers and risk assessors. While the formal would curtail itself to meet immediate and vital needs, the latter goes plunging in debts spending unnecessarily.

The Syrian mission is a clear indication that Russia can deploy far from home at such remarkable speed and efficiency, a clear contradiction of the myopic line of thought down in the west. And Missy, all these takes money
that is far more costly than some battalion of tanks, not to mention now that Iraq is reported to have given Russia the green light to commence air strikes in Iraq. The question still hangs: where is a suppose broke Russia getting the money from?grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Tkester: 1:48pm On Oct 30, 2015
sweetgala:

Really, there is a certain opinion by un-informed people in general even in US and Europe that western equipment are best, but I'm into my military equipment and subscribe to a few military journals, Russian Kit is seriously dangerous and ahead of western equipment which are often too complex and expensive to maintain.

What is the purpose of an F22 raptor which spends over 72 hrs on the ground after a sortie mission, the Us consequently has to have so many F22 and F35 to be able to maintain operational readiness, at over $150 million / bird that is extremely expensive when this same jet can be outflown, in a dog-fight and plucked out of the air by a Su-20MKM which would land on a crusty run-way refuel and be back up in the air in less than 2 hours.

In a world-war the american economy would be crippled by the cost to operate their equipment, If the Nigerian Army were serious they would buy into the joint Russia/China/Pakistan venture to build good quality, 4++ and 5th/6th generation fighter jets, we can learn how to build with a competent well experienced partner who are not looking to exploit us needlessly.

To tell you the truth, the problem with the U.S. And NATO is that they have become a victim of their own propaganda.

2 Likes

Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Appleyard(m): 1:53pm On Oct 30, 2015
sweetgala:

I just learned something new. So the much hype F22 raptor have to spend 72 hours on the ground before it can airborne again after refueling? The cost of maintainance alone is something else, now this! See as American tax payers money just dey waste for nothing.
Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Missy89(f): 2:46pm On Oct 30, 2015
Appleyard:
The reason i like rolling with you is that you do call a spade a spade when it matters so, although you surprise me at times with your sense of inclinations regarding certain issues.

Yes, bankers are everywhere, and all wars appears to be bankers wars. But we can agree that the degree at which these banksters activities prevails in the US via the war machine, is far above what entails in other places like Russia and China, otherwise, i don't see any other reason why the US should be $18trillion Dollars in debt. What were the money mostly used for? Nothing but wars upon wars.

Your statement that anti-American folks are incline to support China along with Russia when dealing with America, is valid, but not in the way it appears to mean. Many supports Russia and China together against America, not out of necessity, but simply out of reality. It is no secret that the US sees Russia as the greatest threat to it's security, while China's contineous rise in military capability is view as a big worry and a major threat in Washington circles. They both have a common enemy, and even as we speak, US war ships are dangerously roaming the South China sea. See why people will support the two? America causing problems and increasing tentions here and there, and we all are fed up with it.

Hoestly, i just don't have the time to analyse how China rose to prominence economically. This also should help.

www.fpri.org/articles/2011/06/rise-chinas-economy

Unrepented trollers are everywhere, sputing garbages without second thought. I even met one recently telling me if it was to be a republican like Bush that is in the White House, the US would have invaded Russia by now. When i ask him what makes him feel so, guess what he said, " that Russia don't have the capability to shoot helicpters, let alone US fighter jetsgrin That is a troller for yougrin

Playing catch up: how many capability does US have 10-20 years before the Soviets got to know about it? You can help a brother out here. And maybe there are some little ones the Soviets know before the US came to know of it, and one of it is the recent capability that you can manned and lunch cruise missiles from smaller ships. I believe that is a capability too.cheesy

What makes you think if Russia can be spending over $4million Dollars a day in Syria, can lunch cruise missiles that is very costly, it can't afford the purchase of Tanks? The fact that Russia is facing some degree of financial constraint doesn't imply it can't fund ordinary tank purchase if it actually wants to. It all winds down to strategic necessity for the time being. There are other more pressing matters that demands urgent attention than purchase of tanks, no matter how advance. this is the difference between Russia's and American policy makers and risk assessors. While the formal would curtail itself to meet immediate and vital needs, the latter goes plunging in debts spending unnecessarily.

The Syrian mission is a clear indication that Russia can deploy far from home at such remarkable speed and efficiency, a clear contradiction of the myopic line of thought down in the west. And Missy, all these takes money
that is far more costly than some battalion of tanks, not to mention now that Iraq is reported to have given Russia the green light to commence air strikes in Iraq. The question still hangs: where is a suppose broke Russia getting the money from?grin

When you say the degree at which these banksters activities prevails in the US via the war machine, is far above what entails in other places like Russia and China The answer is simple. Over half of the world's wealth is in the US. It has nothing to do with the US specifically. In the last century or there about, It was Britain. Most of the American debt was not accumulated because of wars by the way. I wont get into the US debt on this topic but that statement is way off!

As per Russia and China being a threat to the US, The part you fail to mention is that Russia and China are revisionist countries and their neighbors are not comfortable with this. China for example is making territorial claims all over Asia. They want the Senkakus from Japan, She is systematically stealing Japan's gas from the Shirakaba gas field (Inside Japanese EEZ), She wants Vietnam's Paracel islands, Currently occupying Arunachal Pradesh and Aksai Chin ( Indian territory)

Russia on the other hand ( Soviet Union successor state) still considers Eastern Europe as her turf even thou most countries there were subjugated for over half a century after the second world war. It is not as if these two great powers are peace loving and are not looking for trouble or trying to create spheres of influences everywhere they are not wanted. I remember someone on this forum saying he doesn't know why Eastern Europeans hate Russia. I am thinking you know the answer so i dont need to start telling you.

Most of their neighbors are worried that one day these two countries might take those places by force. In this kind of situation, small countries look for other great powers to guarantee their sovereignty. That is how it will always be.

I already gave you examples of Russia' military catch up I mentioned few features on the tank that have existed in the Abrams for a long time and are just being incorporated into the T14.

That is some funny excuse. What is more pressing than re equipping ya military? the crumbling economy? When Russia start deploying the T14, i will believe they can afford it. Even Russian officials are saying that the reserves will run dry next year if oil prices dont go up.

How can an operation with 1-2 squadrons of aircraft be more expensive that tank battalions? Is that a joke or what? a single Russian tank battalion is between 30- 45 tanks that's like 3 tank companies. Each T 14 is about 4-5 mil minus spare parts and training so how is it possible to have few battalions at that price at this time? The numbers wont add up

I already answered you question as per where the money is coming from.
Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Shymm3x: 3:12pm On Oct 30, 2015
Missy89:

When you say the degree at which these banksters activities prevails in the US via the war machine, is far above what entails in other places like Russia and China The answer is simple. Over half of the world's wealth is in the US. It has nothing to do with the US specifically. In the last century or there about, It was Britain. Most of the American debt was not accumulated because of wars by the way. I wont get into the US debt on this topic but that statement is way off!

Lmao @ bold.

This is what happens when folks swallow too much propaganda. How do you define wealth? Or you mean over half of the world's dead money, induced by petrodollar and the ability to print money needlessly?

The world's wealth are all over MENA, third world countries, and a large chunk in Siberia. Yes, the same Siberia Madeleine Albright alluded to as being the 2nd most important thing on the planet with too much resources for Russia alone.

Always learn to be open-minded in ya analysis - when you keep a close-mind, you'll always look too obtuse and not fit for purpose. And that's effectively displayed in the rest of ya argument - which I deleted.

1 Like

Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Missy89(f): 3:27pm On Oct 30, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lmao @ bold.

This is what happens when folks swallow too much propaganda. How do you define wealth? Or you mean over half of the world's dead money, induced by petrodollar and the ability to print money needlessly?

The world's wealth are all over MENA, third world countries, and a large chunk in Siberia. Yes, the same Siberia Madeleine Albright alluded to as being the 2nd most important thing on the planet with too much resources for Russia alone.

Always learn to be open-minded in ya analysis - when you keep a close-mind, you'll always look too obtuse and not fit for purpose. And that's effectively displayed in the rest of ya argument - which I deleted.

Shut the hell up. It doesn't matter if it is petrodollar. You clearly understand what i meant. Who controls the prices of the commodities you are talking about? Isn't is wall street and London? How much is all the oil worth now that is trading below $50?.

I need to ask you. Who is stopping Russia from selling her oil for gold or roubles? America?
Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by sweetgala(m): 3:33pm On Oct 30, 2015
Appleyard:

I just learned something new. So the much hype F22 raptor have to spend 72 hours on the ground before it can airborne again after refueling? The cost of maintainance alone is something else, now this! See as American tax payers money just dey waste for nothing.

It is a money pit which is responsible for making a few aero-space companies go almost burst, it was first initiated in the early 90s the guy who designed the best ground attack plane described it as cant turn, can't climb and can't beat opposition in a dog-fight, limited pay-load, cost too much to fly, limited flying time for the pilots, spends too much time on the ground for a turn-around.

It is just a bad bad plane, also cost the Canadian PM his job and almost cost the Australian PM, the Swedish party in government hate the thing now i'd say
Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Missy89(f): 3:40pm On Oct 30, 2015
sweetgala:

It is a money pit which is responsible for making a few aero-space companies go almost burst, it was first initiated in the early 90s the guy who designed the best ground attack plane described it as cant turn, can't climb and can't beat opposition in a dog-fight, limited pay-load, cost too much to fly, limited flying time for the pilots, spends too much time on the ground for a turn-around.

It is just a bad bad plane, also cost the Canadian PM his job and almost cost the Australian PM, the Swedish party in government hate the thing now i'd say

I think you are talking about the F35.
Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Shymm3x: 3:40pm On Oct 30, 2015
Missy89:

Shut the hell up. It doesn't matter if it is petrodollar. You clearly understand what i meant. Who controls the prices of the commodities you are talking about? Isn't is wall street and London? How much is all the oil worth now that is trading below $50?

Lmao...I like it when you get emotional. kiss

Do you understand what wealth is vis-a-vis money and riches? Then when you factor in the debt, you and I know that the US is a bankrupt country staying afloat with the help of petrodollar and its military reach. So where's the non-existent half of world wealth that's supposedly in the US?

If you understand economics, you'd know that the price of oil is inconsequential and the fact that both London and New York control the prices of commodities linked to petrodollar and gold standard is enough to tell you that the US only controls dead money by virtue of being able to print dollars needlessly and excessively. Once you take that away - the US will go bust. So what's the correlation between that and wealth (that's if you actually understand what wealth is)? Heck, the US has moved a lot of its assets to China.
Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Shymm3x: 3:43pm On Oct 30, 2015
Missy89:

F-22 is just as bad as F-35.

Don't let the Russian Su-30 or MiG-31/MiG-35 catch it in a dogfight with its faux-stealth claims. Else $1billion will drop from the sky in no time. grin

3 Likes

Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by sweetgala(m): 3:47pm On Oct 30, 2015
Tkester:

To tell you the truth, the problem with the U.S. And NATO is that they have become a victim of their own propaganda.

All too often , I believe Russia has learnt from the episode in Afghanistan, they got burnt hard and collapse the USSR, the US after Somalia, Kuwait, Lebanon, Iraq,Sudan,Venezuela,Afghan, Now Syria, Ukraine and Yemen. They never learn, they are on thin Ice with China and Russia right now with North Korea rearing to go.

Like I always say world war 3 would be really quick about 1 week long with all the nuclear bombs at disposal, Central Africa and South Africa might be the only continent to survive the fall out

1 Like

Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by neocortex: 3:49pm On Oct 30, 2015
All these Russian-Loving threads amaze me.
There is nothing proprietary about jamming enemy signals,
it is as old as world war 2.
So what is the fuss about the "electronic warfare" in the caption ?
One would have thought Russia just made an history changing discovery.

I believe the news site peddling this "discoveries" are probably american
military-industrial complex who needs to justify a continuos increase in
annual defense budget.
Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Missy89(f): 3:49pm On Oct 30, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lmao...I like it when you get emotional. kiss

Do you understand what wealth is vis-a-vis money and riches? Then when you factor in the debt, you and I know that the US is a bankrupt country staying afloat with the help of petrodollar and its military reach. So where's the non-existent half of world wealth that's supposedly in the US?

If you understand economics, you'd know that the price of oil is inconsequential and the fact that both London and New York control the prices of commodities linked to petrodollar and gold standard is enough to tell you that the US only controls dead money by virtue of being able to print dollars needlessly and excessively. Once you take that away - the US will go bust. So what's the correlation between that and wealth (that's if you actually understand what wealth is)? Heck, the US has moved a lot of its assets to China.

Interesting.
So why is Russia not selling in gold? They have huge reserve that can strangle the US economy too shouldnt it.
Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Missy89(f): 3:55pm On Oct 30, 2015
Shymm3x:

F-22 is just as bad as F-35.

Don't let the Russian Su-30 or MiG-31/MiG-35 catch it in a dogfight with its faux-stealth claims. Else $1billion will drop from the sky in no time. grin

Apart from being terrible for ground support due to its very light skin and a time consuming maintenance plan. The F22 is unmatched. The mig pilot will be dead before he knows that a raptor is even close. US airfoce is already phasing out dogfights. i think we discussed this a long time ago
Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Shymm3x: 3:59pm On Oct 30, 2015
Missy89:

Interesting.
So why is Russia not selling in gold? They have huge reserve that can strangle the US economy too shouldnt it.

You don't go to war when you're not assured victory. Why sell in gold now, when petrodollar still controls about 80-90% of the world's economy? I guess that's why Russia is pushing China to make the yuan more available. And even EU, including the UK, is moving towards the yuan. That's the game changer right there. grin

Don't worry, we're all witnessing a shift...and the empire might end up collapsing without a single shot being fired. But I doubt it will go down like that, with the hawkish folks in US politics. They won't go down without a fight. Let's just watch everything unfold.
Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Shymm3x: 4:02pm On Oct 30, 2015
Missy89:

Apart from being terrible for ground support due to its very light skin and a time consuming maintenance plan. The F22 is unmatched. The mig pilot will be dead before he knows that a raptor is even close. US airfoce is already phasing out dogfights. i think we discuss this a long time ago

Lol.

Stealth without oxygen? grin

How manoeuvrable is the raptor compared to Su-30/MiG-31? Can you even compare American pilots to the Russian ones? - you and I know you can't.

Please, there's nothing stealthy about those fifth-gen jets,hence everyone else has moved to 6th-gen. undecided

1 Like

Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Missy89(f): 4:06pm On Oct 30, 2015
Shymm3x:

You don't go to war when you're not assured victory. Why sell in gold now, when petrodollar still controls about 80-90% of the world's economy? I guess that's why Russia is pushing China to make the yuan more available. And even EU, including the UK, is moving towards the yuan. That's the game changer right there. grin

Don't worry, we're all witnessing a shift...and the empire might end up collapsing without a single shot being fired. But I doubt it will go down like that, with the hawkish folks in US politics. They won't go down without a fight. Let's just watch everything unfold.

Now the bolded was what i was referring when i said "owns half of the wealth" ( petrol dollar or no petrodollar) . If the Yuan is the new world trading currency, what will be the difference? almost all currency and central banks use the fractional reserve method dont they? Another Superpower will emerge and have the same attribute like the old one so what will China do differently?
Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Shymm3x: 4:11pm On Oct 30, 2015
Missy89:

Now the bolded was what i was referring when i said "owns half of the wealth" ( petrol dollar or no petrodollar) . If the Yuan is the new world trading currency, what will be the difference? almost all currency and central banks use the fractional reserve method dont they? Another Superpower will emerge and have the same attribute like the old one so what will China do differently?

Controls how money is being spent - is not wealth, since that can be taken away. Wealth is what what you own and world's wealth is quantified by resources.

Anyway, don't talk about what China will do, or won't do. Let's leave that alone for now. Just focus on ya claims about a bankrupt country with dead money owning more than half of the world's wealth. grin tongue
Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by sweetgala(m): 4:18pm On Oct 30, 2015
Missy89:

As per Russia and China being a threat to the US, The part you fail to mention is that Russia and China are revisionist countries and their neighbors are not comfortable with this. China for example is making territorial claims all over Asia. They want the Senkakus from Japan, She is systematically stealing Japan's gas from the Shirakaba gas field (Inside Japanese EEZ), She wants Vietnam's Paracel islands, Currently occupying Arunachal Pradesh and Aksai Chin ( Indian territory)

Russia on the other hand ( Soviet Union successor state) still considers Eastern Europe as her turf even thou most countries there were subjugated for over half a century after the second world war. It is not as if these two great powers are peace loving and are not looking for trouble or trying to create spheres of influences everywhere they are not wanted. I remember someone on this forum saying he doesn't know why Eastern Europeans hate Russia. I am thinking you know the answer so i dont need to start telling you.

Most of their neighbors are worried that one day these two countries might take those places by force. In this kind of situation, small countries look for other great powers to guarantee their sovereignty. That is how it will always be.

I already gave you examples of Russia' military catch up I mentioned few features on the tank that have existed in the Abrams for a long time and are just being incorporated into the T14.

That is some funny excuse. What is more pressing than re equipping ya military? the crumbling economy? When Russia start deploying the T14, i will believe they can afford it. Even Russian officials are saying that the reserves will run dry next year if oil prices dont go up.

How can an operation with 1-2 squadrons of aircraft be more expensive that tank battalions? Is that a joke or what? a single Russian tank battalion is between 30- 45 tanks that's like 3 tank companies. Each T 14 is about 4-5 mil minus spare parts and training so how is it possible to have few battalions at that price at this time? The numbers wont add up

I already answered you question as per where the money is coming from.

I don't know how much of military tech you know but I'd expect you understand that the Russians slowed their investment on Tanks for over 2 decades and built fast moving, For over Two decades the Russian MBT remained the same, It was effective and done the job right the, They managed to keep Chechnya and Georgia under control. It is Simple and rugged the T72 is the basis of the T80 and T90

1 Like

Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Missy89(f): 4:19pm On Oct 30, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lol.

Stealth without oxygen? grin

How manoeuvrable is the raptor compared to Su-30/MiG-31? Can you even compare American pilots to the Russian ones? - you and I know you can't.

Please, there's nothing stealthy about those fifth-gen jets,hence everyone else has moved to 6th-gen. undecided

Is this a joke now?

I am no pilot but i will tell you, Apart from the RAF and the Luftwaffe, There is no match when it comes to training. An average USAF pilot have 3 times more flight time if you compare him/her to a VKS pilot.

The raptor is just as maneuverable. Nothing is stealth per say but it can still be hard to find
Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Missy89(f): 4:21pm On Oct 30, 2015
Shymm3x:

Controls how money is being spent - is not wealth, since that can be taken away. Wealth is what what you own and world's wealth is quantified by resources.

Anyway, don't talk about what China will do, or won't do. Let's leave that alone for now. Just focus on ya claims about a bankrupt country with dead money owning more than half of the world's wealth. grin tongue

Your response is not convincing

You need Jesus grin

1 Like

Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Missy89(f): 4:39pm On Oct 30, 2015
sweetgala:

I don't know how much of military tech you know but I'd expect you understand that the Russians slowed their investment on Tanks for over 2 decades and built fast moving, For over Two decades the Russian MBT remained the same, It was effective and done the job right the, They managed to keep Chechnya and Georgia under control. It is Simple and rugged the T72 is the basis of the T80 and T90

WRONG!.

There was no money 2 decades ago to invest with anyway. By the way the T series went throu significant upgrades over the years. so no, they did not remain the same. In fact the T90 was just upgraded recently.
Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Shymm3x: 4:44pm On Oct 30, 2015
Missy89:

Is this a joke now?

I am no pilot but i will tell you, Apart from the RAF and the Luftwaffe, There is no match when it comes to training. An average USAF pilot have 3 times more flight time if you compare him/her to a VKS pilot.

The raptor is just as maneuverable. Nothing is stealth per say but it can still be hard to find

Lol.

Have you seen the Russians in action? Heck, did you see the Russian helicopter gunship in Syria that shocked the world? Please, don't compare Russian pilots to USAF - apart from probably night, which is an area in which Russia is still improving on. Leave RAF out of it. tongue

Nothing stealth but can be hard to find is an oxymoron. You need help from acute propaganda syndrome. grin

Don't let the Su-30 catch the raptor and its lack of oxygen...and the Su-30 and MiG-31 can outmanoeuvre F-22 easily. That's a $1 billion waste against the Russians. Try it against China.

1 Like

Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Shymm3x: 4:45pm On Oct 30, 2015
Missy89:

Your response is not convincing

You need Jesus grin

You need Halal. grin

Just stop the lousy claims.
Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by sweetgala(m): 4:46pm On Oct 30, 2015
Missy89:

Shut the hell up. It doesn't matter if it is petrodollar. You clearly understand what i meant. Who controls the prices of the commodities you are talking about? Isn't is wall street and London? How much is all the oil worth now that is trading below $50?.

I need to ask you. Who is stopping Russia from selling her oil for gold or roubles? America?

You mean the FG with the worlds largest debt profile has the worlds fortunes. The fact remains America need the rest of the world to survive as a nation, and as many political analysts have concluded the military strength is required to global dominance and ensure all other foreign interests are submerged.

If an African state ever tried to emerge out of dependence and become a dominant force in Africa outside of American consent they'll be crushed case in point Sankara and Lumumba , at the moment America and China are having a fierce fight to the death and most people are not aware of it, Subterfuge, spies , electronic warfare and hacking are all part of the game.

Likewise the growth of fracking in America which is threatening crude oil and natural gas demands and pricing but with the aid of S.Arabia the US have managed to sink Russian gas prices, Nigerian export requirements and trying to lobby India away from buying Nigerian stock. It is all government espionage, The CIA have one primary day job , which is to make under-mine every other country including friendlies, they had Germany, France, UK , Italy, Canada leaders phones all tapped

1 Like

Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by sweetgala(m): 4:48pm On Oct 30, 2015
Missy89:

Both of them, The 22 was the F35's savior, Forget the F35 that one is worse I would not even call it a jet, it is a stealthy way to waste tax payers money on feeble dreams

1 Like

Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Missy89(f): 4:55pm On Oct 30, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lol.

Have you seen the Russians in action? Heck, did you see the Russian helicopter gunship in Syria that shocked the world? Please, don't compare Russian pilots to USAF - apart from probably night, which is an area in which Russia is still improving on. Leave RAF out of it. tongue

Nothing stealth but can be hard to find is an oxymoron. You need help from acute propaganda syndrome. grin

Don't let the Su-30 catch the raptor and its lack of oxygen...and the Su-30 and MiG-31 can outmanoeuvre F-22 easily. That's a $1 billion waste against the Russians. Try it against China.

So because you saw few Russian pilots in action that makes them better? Smh and i am the one who needs help from propaganda? undecided

Simple question, does the tech that reduce planes radar signature exists yes or no?
Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by sweetgala(m): 4:59pm On Oct 30, 2015
neocortex:
All these Russian-Loving threads amaze me.
There is nothing proprietary about jamming enemy signals,
it is as old as world war 2.
So what is the fuss about the "electronic warfare" in the caption ?
One would have thought Russia just made an history changing discovery.

I believe the news site peddling this "discoveries" are probably american
military-industrial complex who needs to justify a continuos increase in
annual defense budget.

Bros If you don't follow military tech closely please shut it, The US know a face-off with Russia would be disastrous, neither of them would win, it would be either a nuclear wipe-out or a decade long stalemate with the collateral damage too much for the US to bare and inconsequential to the Russians.

Just last few weeks the Russians were launching ballistic missiles off fast moving corvette ships. I say it all the time Nigeria just need to buy Russian every time and we'll be fine

1 Like

Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Missy89(f): 5:03pm On Oct 30, 2015
sweetgala:

Both of them, The 22 was the F35's savior, Forget the F35 that one is worse I would not even call it a jet, it is a stealthy way to waste tax payers money on feeble dreams

The F35 is a victim of the airforce, navy and army bureaucracies.. Good idea, Bad plane. There is nothing wrong with the Raptor however
Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Shymm3x: 5:05pm On Oct 30, 2015
Missy89:

So because you saw few Russian pilots in action that makes them better? Smh and i am the one who needs help from propaganda? undecided

Simple question, does the tech that reduce planes radar signature exists yes or no?

Obviously, coupled with the simplicity and manoeuvrability of Russian aircraft. Can you even compare most US military jets to their Russian equivalents?

Yes, it does exist. However, does the tech that can easily negate that exist - yes or no?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Avengers Launches Operation Walls Of Jericho And Hurricane Joshua / Lagos PDP Chairman Set To Defect To APC / Conrad Utaan Defects To PDP From APC With Over 6,000 Supporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.