Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,129 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge (11179 Views)

The USS Nimitz-the Biggest And Most Sophisticated Aircraft Carrier In The World. / Russia Using Electronic Warfare To Cloak Its Actions In Syria From Isis And Nato / Dasuki Releases Images Of Sophisticated Weapons Acquired Under Jonathan [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Tkester: 12:34am On Oct 28, 2015
Missy89:

You see why i stop replying ya mentions? No reasonable argument but ad hominems.

Off course, just as you would have said the Russians have no kalibr missile or maybe they don't have the ability to launch naval cruise missiles. You talk as if you are the defence minister of Russia.
Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by missyAL8: 12:38am On Oct 28, 2015
Tkester:

Off course, just as you would have said the Russians have no kalibr missile or maybe they don't have the ability to launch naval cruise missiles. You talk as if you are the defence minister of Russia.

When did I post that? Quote it
Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Appleyard(m): 2:21am On Oct 28, 2015
Missy89:

Armchair analysts are hilarious grin First, Tsar bomb doesn't exists anymore and even if it does, it can only be deployed by a bomber ( Russia does not have any sophisticated bomber aircraft). Iskander is a short rage tactical missile that can only be used in eastern Europe so it is not a threat to America. When you say Russia is decades ahead in planning, that is just hilarious. How do you know that? RT?
er. lipsrsealed

Missy, i understand that alot of folks deep down in western line of narative still don't understand the true nature of the formal Soviet Russia and the new Russia that emerges from 1990, but you shouldn't be one of them nacheesy.
There are two fundamental principles that governs the Russian military and strategic appealing. These are:

1) the principle of " under reporting " and,
2) the principle of " secrecy ".

The above mentioned principles dated back from Soviet times and was inculcated into this present day Russian military circles. I just don't have the time to go into much details, but allow me to cite a few recent example.

Syria- before now we have been bombarded with the popular and ever prevailing wisdom in the west that the Russia military is nothing other than a third rate military power, that everything is old and Soviet-based, blah blah! That Russia can not project power beyond its borders, and so goes the fairytale-misinformation line of reasoning in the west. But when the Bear began it mission to Syria, it lunched 26 cruise missiles that hit their targets in Syria. Now, this is where it becomes interesting. The Russian cruise missle is called the "kalibr," and this missile officially declared range is 300km, though the layout and built suggest otherwise. It's export version until the syrian mission was 300km. But when that damn missile crossed two countries, covering over 900 miles, it was a shock to know that the range of that missiles is actually up to 2600km. What does that mean? Well, the answer lies in the above two principles. Under reporting have always been part of Russia's military strategy. And it would interest you to know that Russia has alot of missiles with official declared range of 300-500km, including the Iskandal missile. What if Iskandal is just another kalibr?grin

Fear Russiagrin

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Appleyard(m): 2:40am On Oct 28, 2015
Missy89:

Pls tell me how Russian tanks fare better. I need to know
I mean numbers. Russia have more tanks than the US, and the T14 is a senior prefect to the Abram, except uncle sam have something better than the T14.

www.globalfirepower.com/armor-tanks-total.asp
Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Tkester: 2:52am On Oct 28, 2015
missyAL8:

When did I post that? Quote it

Wow, why change your monicker?
Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Tkester: 2:58am On Oct 28, 2015
Appleyard:

Missy, i understand that alot of folks deep down in western line of narative still don't understand the true nature of the formal Soviet Russia and the new Russia that emerges from 1990, but you shouldn't be one of them nacheesy.
There are two fundamental principles that governs the Russian military and strategic appealing. These are:

The above mentioned principles dated back from Soviet times and was inculcated into this present day Russian military circles. I just don't have the time to go into much details, but allow me to cite a few recent example.

Syria- before now we have been bombarded with the popular and ever prevailing wisdom in the west that the Russia military is nothing other than a third rate military power, that everything is old and Soviet-based, blah blah! That Russia can not project power beyond its borders, and so goes the fairytale-misinformation line of reasoning in the west. But when the Bear began it mission to Syria, it lunched 26 cruise missiles that hit their targets in Syria. Now, this is where it becomes interesting. The Russian cruise missle is called the "kalibr," and this missile officially declared range is 300km, though the layout and built suggest otherwise. It's export version until the syrian mission was 300km. But when that damn missile crossed two countries, covering over 900 miles, it was a shock to know that the range of that missiles is actually up to 2600km. What does that mean? Well, the answer lies in the above two principles. Under reporting have always been part of Russia's military strategy. And it would interest you to know that Russia has alot of missiles with official declared range of 300-500km, including the Iskandal missile. What if Iskandal is just another kalibr?grin

Fear Russiagrin

My brother don't mind missy, she just like her paymasters are suffering from delusions of grandeur. But the day their eyes go clear na de day dey will make one just one mistake and attack Mr Vlad, that's the day they will know that there is a difference between fiction and reality.
Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Missy89(f): 3:34am On Oct 28, 2015
Appleyard:

Fear Russiagrin

There is a principle of secrecy/under reporting is in every military establishment. Forget what you see on tv or read online.

Every export versions of missiles is usually in the 300 range or there about. Has nothing to do with being secretive. Missile sales must comply by MTCR regulations. Russia is believed to have long range cruise missile capability way before kalibr was fired.
Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Missy89(f): 3:45am On Oct 28, 2015
Appleyard:
I mean numbers. Russia have more tanks than the US, and the T14 is a senior prefect to the Abram, except uncle sam have something better than the T14.

www.globalfirepower.com/armor-tanks-total.asp

Yes,Russia has more tanks. You said they fare better! how?

What makes a prototype untested T14 senior perfect in your book?

1 Like

Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by capip120(m): 5:59am On Oct 28, 2015
Appleyard:

Fear Russiagrin

The yankees even had to resort to propaganda by saying that four missile fell across iran. Now that is pathetic, you see them run a simulation on how to stop an s300, s400 and all that but protested same when the missile where offered for sale in Iran. Now who is more coward than the other? It takes only a push button to turn their Patriot against them and when the time comes they shall see grin

2 Likes

Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Appleyard(m): 7:20pm On Oct 28, 2015
Missy89:

Yes,Russia has more tanks. You said they fare better! how?

What makes a prototype untested T14 senior perfect in your book?
Untested? grin Just as the S-300 is untested yet the likes of Isreal and Uncle Sam can't stop droolling over it sales to Iran and possible Sale to Syria, so too the T14 Amartacheesy
A weapon's capability is accorded respect, not just by it battle-tested, but initially by its specifications. You know that one na, missycheesy

1 Like

Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Missy89(f): 7:43pm On Oct 28, 2015
Appleyard:
Untested? grin Just as the S-300 is untested yet the likes of Isreal and Uncle Sam can't stop droolling over it sales to Iran and possible Sale to Syria, so too the T14 Amartacheesy
A weapon's capability is accorded respect, not just by it battle-tested, but initially by its specifications. You know that one na, missycheesy

Saying a weapon is accorded respect because of its capability reeks of hypocrisy or should i say inconsistency since you wont say the same about NATO weapons with no battle history. Features like auto loader and safety pods for crews existed in western tanks since 12 BC. Russia always playing catch up.

Any military expert will even tell you the reason why Russia needed a lot of tanks apart from being a traditionally land power is because most of the T series tanks does not have a decent crew survivability history if you compare them to their western counterparts.

The T14 is a good concept but until it is deployed, It will remain a paper weapon. That said, If you want to talk about the Top 5 Tanks, No Russian tank will come close to the Challenger, Lecerc , Leopard , Panther or maybe the Type 10. Please tell me what i dont know.

At the moment, Russia cant even field any since there is no money to invest in the project. that is why Uralvagonzavod is considering exporting it to reduce the cost. Maybe by 2025, The Russian army will have few battalions of it and New Western tanks will start appearing and the circle continues.
Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Appleyard(m): 7:44pm On Oct 28, 2015
Missy89:

There is a principle of secrecy/under reporting is in every military establishment. Forget what you see on tv or read online.

Every export versions of missiles is usually in the 300 range or there about. Has nothing to do with being secretive. Missile sales must comply by MTCR regulations. Russia is believed to have long range cruise missile capability way before kalibr was fired.

Then why in hell was the myopic west taken aback when Russia lunched those cruise missiles? Pls stop speaking for the short sighted myopic Ediots politicians in the west that only sees through a microscopic lens when it comes down to Moscow. The fact that even some American and NATO military top brass and analyst expressed surprise at Russia's capability over Syria, is a testimony to the self-inflicted delusional views and perceptions they held concerning Russia, not the other way round.

you mentioned the Iskander missile as being a short range missile, then i brought up the Kalibr issue and the accompanying question as to: what if the Iskander is another Kalibir? Then you replied by saying "all missiles are within the 300km range," meaning you have admitted de facto that the Iskander could be well above that acclaimed range, and thus, not a short range missile as it appears.....cheesy
Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Missy89(f): 7:49pm On Oct 28, 2015
Appleyard:
Then why in hell was the myopic west taken aback when Russia lunched those cruise missiles? Pls stop speaking for the short sighted myopic Ediots politicians in the west that only sees through a microscopic lens when it comes down to Moscow. The fact that even some American and NATO military top brass and analyst expressed surprise at Russia's capability over Syria, is a testimony to the self-inflicted delusional views and perceptions they held concerning Russia, not the other way round.

you mentioned the Iskander missile as being a short range missile, then i brought up the Kalibr issue and the accompanying question as to: what if the Iskander is another Kalibir? Then you replied by saying "all missiles are within the 300km range," meaning you have admitted de facto that the Iskander could be well above that acclaimed range, and thus, not a short range missile as it appears.....cheesy

I meant missiles for export

Iskander is not 300km. but there are below 300Km versions for export to work around MTCR regulations. Same thing with the Kalibr. I am not sure about the top brass you are talking about. You mean Journalist?
Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Appleyard(m): 7:55pm On Oct 28, 2015
Tkester:

My brother don't mind missy, she just like her paymasters are suffering from delusions of grandeur. But the day their eyes go clear na de day dey will make one just one mistake and attack Mr Vlad, that's the day they will know that there is a difference between fiction and reality.
I just pray that T.B Joshua's prophecy concerning Russia and Putin should not come to pass in my time, because should anytthing like assassination happen to that man, na there people go no sey war no be fiction for hollywood and hyping of weaponries.
Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Tkester: 8:04pm On Oct 28, 2015
Missy89:

Saying a weapon is accorded respect because of its capability reeks of hypocrisy or should i say inconsistency since you wont say the same about NATO weapons with no battle history. Features like auto loader and safety pods for crews existed in western tanks since 12 BC. Russia always playing catch up.

Any military expert will even tell you the reason why Russia needed a lot of tanks apart from being a traditionally land power is because most of the T series tanks does not have a decent crew survivability history if you compare them to their western counterparts.

The T14 is a good concept but until it is deployed, It will remain a paper weapon. That said, If you want to talk about the Top 5 Tanks, No Russian tank will come close to the Challenger, Lecerc , Leopard , Panther or maybe the Type 10. Please tell me what i dont know.

At the moment, Russia cant even field any since there is no money to invest in the project. that is why Uralvagonzavod is considering exporting it to reduce the cost. Maybe by 2025, The Russian army will have few battalions of it and New Western tanks will start appearing and the circle continues.

Very pathetic!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Missy89(f): 8:06pm On Oct 28, 2015
Tkester:

Very pathetic!

I see you are still stalking me. If you want to refute what i posted. all you have to so is post a counter argument. Simple!
Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Tkester: 8:07pm On Oct 28, 2015
Appleyard:
I just pray that T.B Joshua's prophecy concerning Russia and Putin should not come to pass in my time, because should anytthing like assassination happen to that man, na there people go no sey war no be fiction for hollywood and hyping of weaponries.

Wetin Tb Joshua talk for Putin.

I don't know why, but my love for Putin is beyond words. The kind of confidence I have in Putin makes me see Obama and NATO infact every western leader as a huge joke.

Nothing will happen to mr Vlad, I cover him with the Blood of Jesus!
Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Tkester: 8:09pm On Oct 28, 2015
Missy89:

I see you are still stalking me. If you want to refute what i posted. all you have to so is post a counter argument. Simple!

No I want you, but you don't want to run things with me. So I've to find a way to embarrass you into my arms.
Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Tkester: 8:15pm On Oct 28, 2015
@ appleyard,

You saw the way America challenged China in South China Sea.

Mehn do you think America can ever try that with Vlad? They were messed out of Syria and in order to save face they went to flex their muscles in South China Sea. Later some people (missy89 comes to mind) will tell us how Obama is a whimp and how Obama doesn't ant war. Yet he knows how to flex his muscles in China sea. The truth is that no one except God can mess with king Vlad!
Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Appleyard(m): 9:55pm On Oct 28, 2015
Missy89:

Accept the truth and answer the question, missy. Is a weapon accorded respect base on battle field experience alone, or also by its specifications? Why this unecessary revving? Can you quote me on any thread where i have hypocritically disregarded any weaponry fielded by the US or its military crony bloc called NATO? Pls feel free to requote me here. If there is anyone that is bias base on such insinuations, it is your likes at the other end that doesn't see anything good about the Russians, but quickly applauds the ones murdering and devastating the earth.

I am not here to compare weapons, nor hype to high heavens the capability of Russia in that respect. But i will never cease from countering the silly prevailing line of thought inbibed and displayed by unrepented trollers
down here.

"Russia always playing catch up", but how such catch ups must suck when it is realized that cruise missiles like the kalibr can be manned and fired from smaller ships, a capability unknown to the west. So much for "always playing catch up".grin

We have been hearing of how Russia lack the financial muscles to undertake and maintain capabilities, yet it could fire a whole 26 missiles that cost about $700,000 each, not to mention the numbers of intense sorties flown so far in Syria that is more than those of NATO in Serbia and Kosovo combined. I guess it was Dangote that lend them the money they are using now,eh?grin

Missy, Russia is in deed facing some financial constraint, but believe me, once it comes to matters of security and strategic interest, they will empty the bank to achieve anything. The Syria mission is a testimony to that effect.

Missy, give the Ruskies their due.cheesy

1 Like

Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Missy89(f): 10:47pm On Oct 28, 2015
Appleyard:
Accept the truth and answer the question, missy. Is a weapon accorded respect base on battle field experience alone, or also by its specifications? Why this unecessary revving? Can you quote me on any thread where i have hypocritically disregarded any weaponry fielded by the US or its military crony bloc called NATO? Pls feel free to requote me here. If there is anyone that is bias base on such insinuations, it is your likes at the other end that doesn't see anything good about the Russians, but quickly applauds the ones murdering and devastating the earth.

I am not here to compare weapons, nor hype to high heavens the capability of Russia in that respect. But i will never cease from countering the silly prevailing line of thought inbibed and displayed by unrepented trollers
down here.

"Russia always playing catch up", but how such catch ups must suck when it is realized that cruise missiles like the kalibr can be manned and fired from smaller ships, a capability unknown to the west. So much for "always playing catch up".grin

We have been hearing of how Russia lack the financial muscles to undertake and maintain capabilities, yet it could fire a whole 26 missiles that cost about $700,000 each, not to mention the numbers of intense sorties flown so far in Syria that is more than those of NATO in Serbia and Kosovo combined. I guess it was Dangote that lend them the money they are using now,eh?grin

Missy, Russia is in deed facing some financial constraint, but believe me, once it comes to matters of security and strategic interest, they will empty the bank to achieve anything. The Syria mission is a testimony to that effect.

Missy, give the Ruskies their due.cheesy

If we are using specs to determine a weapons effectiveness. Why are we here arguing about what is what in the first place.

I dont have time digging through your post but if you never said that before then my bad. That said, I dont have anything against Russia. There is a conventional line of thought among anti-american folks. They believe you have to support Russia and China if you are against the US. And banksters control US but not the Russia and China. That will be the greatest lie ever told. Banksters are everywhere lol. Russia is still very reliant on commodities, Where do you think the prices are set?. The banksters had Russia by the balls after the October revolution.

How do you think China was able to develop at a rapid pace in the first place? Go and read about the 8 immortals and their princelings of China or the collusion between the Soviet Union and the West and how the Soviets were able to MIRV during the early days of the nuclear race and how the Soviet union was propped up by the West before it collapsed.

I was talking about money to build tanks not the fighting in Syria

There are limits to how far any country can go when it comes to spending money on a war abroad. The US that is way richer nearly went bankrupt fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan. Same thing happened to the soviets in Afghanistan, the difference is, Putin has learned from history and he is transferring the financial burden on Russians by cutting pensions, health and education costs and devaluation (risky but worth it) unlike the Soviet leadership that kept living in denial until it was too late.

That said, Building a tank that will replace a whole or half of the current MBT deployed is another thing. And Yes!, There is no money to do it at this point. That is why they are considering T14 exports since more orders will reduce the unit costs eventually. The story is the same with the PAK FA by developing a variant with India since it will have the same airframe.

There is nothing like unrepentant trolling here.If i got something 10 yrs ago and you just have it today is that not playing catch up?

@ the bolded

Russia is spending about $4 million a day in Syria that is peanuts if you compare it to Russia's defense budget. technically, with the size and level of operation that is within what will be classified under a military exercise budget. So it is not a testimony to any effect. Besides, Russia is already staving herself to maintain and update her deterrence ( nuclear weapons )
Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by sweetgala(m): 11:14pm On Oct 28, 2015
Tkester:

The 2008 economic crises did no damage to Americas defense spending. Afterall America still has the highest defense budget each year. Truth is that Russia is far ahead of America in non-conventional warfare.

Russia always had an advantage over the west in the area of radar technology and ground(surface) to air missiles(SAMs) due to their vast experience over both WW II and Cold War. Even the F117 Nighthawk was shot down by old Russian SA-3 SAM, and it was meant to be invisible to radar and all that hoopla

To fear the Russians is a smart move their military might is exceedingly massive since Putin has been secretly gearing to activate WW III.
Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Tkester: 12:29am On Oct 29, 2015
Missy89:

Jeez! Woman you can LIE, gosh!
Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Tkester: 12:33am On Oct 29, 2015
sweetgala:

Russia had always had an advantage over the west in the area of radar technology and ground go air missiles due to their vast experience over the WW II and Cold War. Even the F117 was shot down by old russian sa-3 SAM.

To fear the Russians is a smart move their military might is exceedingly massive since Putin has been secretly gearing to activate WW III

Your very correct. A certain girl on this thread (missy89) needs to hear this
Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 12:34am On Oct 29, 2015
smh undecided

have you ever heard of "DARPA"

please do your research angry
Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Tkester: 12:36am On Oct 29, 2015
EnigmaticEnigma:
smh undecided

have you ever heard of "DARPA"

please do your research angry

Nonsense, there's nothing like DARPA. It's just fictional!
Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 12:37am On Oct 29, 2015
For instance, DARPA has developed an anti RPG humvee

So when a rocket propelled grenade is launched at the humvee, it's sensors detect the grenade (moving at high speeds obviously) and fires a weapon at the RPG just when it's close to the humvee to deactivate the grenade.

Tell me that aint some high tech stuvs
Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 12:38am On Oct 29, 2015
Tkester:

Nonsense, there's nothing like DARPA. It's just fictional!

r u for real

check out the iron curtain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_yz_ONZltA
Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Missy89(f): 1:15am On Oct 29, 2015
Tkester:

Jeez! Woman you can LIE, gosh!

Still stalking me i see
Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Tkester: 3:00am On Oct 29, 2015
EnigmaticEnigma:

r u for real

check out the iron curtain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_yz_ONZltA

Forget that thing. All na wash!
Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Tkester: 3:01am On Oct 29, 2015
Missy89:

Still stalking me i see

I'm not stalking you, I only pointed out your lies.
Re: Sophisticated Electronic Warfare Gives Russia The Edge by Missy89(f): 3:11am On Oct 29, 2015
Tkester:

I'm not stalking you, I only pointed out your lies.

So what is the truth?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu In Edo For A Town Hall Meeting On Power Sector And Job Creation / Lagos GDP Hits ₦‎41 Trillion, Ranks 7th In Africa / President Jonathan And NSA Azazi Are The Managers Of Boko Haram- Elrufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.