Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists (28775 Views)

Igbos We Know, IPOB We Don't / Just Like The Igbos: We Want Referendum Too, Yoruba Groups Declares / Igbos, We Need To Take Over APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Balkan(m): 3:08pm On Oct 26, 2015
This tonyebastard is trying hard to make sure Dakuku Peterside wins Wike. Igbos will support Wike. Know Ye that no ijaw man will ever rule Igweocha ( rivers stste)

4 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Lanceslot(m): 3:08pm On Oct 26, 2015
warrior01:

The guy must be a low lifer; No principle. Was wondering how an old man like Edwin Clark could deny Gej without battling an eyelid and now this! Tufiakwa! Barcanista must have the same Dna with Judas
Please is it on record if Judas has a child before committing suicide? Because the way I'm seeing things, it seems the Ijaw people are from the lineage of Judas. Tufiakwa!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 26, 2015
Lanceslot:
Its heartbreaking, really heartbreak reading the epistle. TonyeBarcanister just did a lot of damage to the Ijaw people with this his write up.

Barcanista only spoke the truth as a true Niger deltan from south south.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by bugzbunny: 3:11pm On Oct 26, 2015
Barcanista this is d oldest trick in d book.... We knw u are under Apc payrol.. Guess wat. Nobdy cares abt ur daft opinion... Divide and conquer its called.. Gerrarrahiaa

4 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:12pm On Oct 26, 2015
Truckpusher:
God ! You're annoyingly shallow and this is a recipe for a disaster.

I came from this place ,my mom came one of those people I mentioned and I grew up with them and you think you're in the right position to tell me about my own people? smh

Continue ,history beckons on you.
Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by januzaj(m): 3:12pm On Oct 26, 2015
superstar1:

I do not know why they are never contented with what their lazy forefathers gave them as inheritance.

I do not know the kind of ethnicity that will be fighting all and sundry that they are part of them and the other party will be rejecting such claims.

Yorubas have ancestral relationship with Benin people, itshekiris, Nupes, Ebiras etc do we make them Yorubas by force? We have a yorubas in Benin Republic and Togo, do you see us annexing those countries as our own Crimea? We have millions of people that have yoruba ancestral lineage in South America - people speaking yoruba, well grounded in the culture and religion -- and have we ever lay claim to any part of South America.

There should be something that defines which clan or tribe is a part or not a part of an ethnicity and all these confusion needs to stop.

They have delta igbo, rivers igbo, akwa ibom igbo and even sambisa igbo. I do not know how an imaginary physical delineation defines ethnicity. I can as well say we have Kogi-yorubas, Kwara yorubas, Benin Yorubas, Delta Yoruba, Benin Republic orubas Togo Yorubas and South American Yorubas, Rubbish of the highest order.
man you are my MVP

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 26, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

From them emboldened you will clearly see that nobody is stopping anyone from making their choice. Every group know their territory and boundary. This is clearly defined sir!

Does that deny the fact that there are Igbo kinsmen who have become rivers people during state creation?
Why then would you make such notion and make it seem like the Igbos have no business in rivers state?
In your smartness, you repeatedly highlighted okrika and ikwerre people, how about the others?
Why are you suppressing the voice of the Igbo minority clans in rivers state?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Rose2014: 3:16pm On Oct 26, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Overtime there has been growing number of threads and comments by some Igbo loyalists and sympathisers of IPOB led Biafra ideology over the position of the South-South ethnic groups and in particular, Rivers state. Some have started seeing us as antagonists to the aspiration of the Igbo nation, while some others have moved towards casting aspersions on some of us.

Let me start by stating clearly that my determination to support every legitimate struggle and respect the right of self-determination by any group(s) is irreversible. However, I believe it will be proper to make some things clear with respect to IPOB led Biafran ideology.

1. Nobody in the Niger Delta and Rivers state is against Igbo
What we are saying is very simple. We respect your right to self-determine your destiny, you should also respect our right to self-determine ours. Don't determine for us even if you don't agree with us. If you believe that we have common destiny, state your terms and allow us state ours. Where there is no consensus, allow us determine our next step. If we believe in an indivisible Nigeria or a United Republic of some ethnic minorities within the region, it should be respected. Nobody should be villified for their own choice neither do we have the right to villify Igbos for wanting their land and territory out.

2. Show Respect For Our Territories:
I believe that it was Kanu that spread the fable that Portharcourt is an Igbo city, which some of you now call Igweocha. This is absolutely insulting on us the Okrikans/Ijaws especially. The city of Portharcourt is shared between the Okrikans and Ikwerres. The portion owned by Okrikans have been our fishing port for centuries. The record is there. Ikwerres are not fishermen, hence, a reflection of their settlement. The Okrikans are 100% Ijaws and 0% Igbos. Our portion of PHC is NOT Igweocha and has never been. I am not aware that the Ikwerres wish to call theirs Igweocha but in the event that they wish to, it is left for the Okrikans, Ikwerres and Rivers state government to rename the city altogether and we (Okrikans) shall determine an appropriate name for our portion of the city.

3. Show Respect For Our Land:
I have also been reading tales by sunset by some people saying that Opobo is Igboland. That is a grave insult to the Ijaws and is highly unacceptable. For the record, Opobo kingdom was formerly part of Bonny Kingdom, owned and inhabited by the Ijaws who are proud of their ancestry. The name of the Kingdom is Opoboama, and it was named after former Bonny King Opubo. The land and people pre-existed even before the coming of Jaja, an Igbo slave that was bought by Bonny chief Alali Opubo, Head of Opubo Annie Royal House. For the record, Jaja never found Opobo. He however led a section of Anna Pepple Wari(House) to break Opobo from Bonny Kingdom with the same territory and Ijaw people. The ijaw chiefs never made mistake in making Jaja their first king of the kingdom. The case of Jaja can be likened to Joseph that was an Hebrew slave but rose to become a Prime minister and Head of Government in Egypt. His ascension neither makes Egypt to be an Hebrew land neither does it make the Egyptians as Hebrews. All these are well documented. I have to state that the Ijaw nation is not in land dispute with anyone over any of our territory in the riverine areas of Rivers state. From Kalasunju, Kalaibiama, and Epellema etc are all Ijaw communities in Opobo kingdom. Similarly, Ndoki is undisputed Ijawland. In fact, Ndoki is nicknamed "kala-krike" that is mini Wakrike(Okrika). It is believed that they are descendants of Okrika kingdom. We are all Ijaws. I am stating this to educate those that may not be aware.

4. Respect For Our Brothers And Neighbours:
The people of Rivers state from Ogba, Ikwerre, Ogoni etcetera have suffered together, sacrificed a lot together and even disagreed on issues with each other at differnt times. If in their wisdom they deny being Igbos, Yoruba or Biafrans. It is their right and must be respected irrespective of whether they bear Uche, Yakubu or Folashade. The South South geopolitical zone though a political arrangement but has brought avenue for collective unity. The position of the Binis, Esans, Itsekiris, Ibibios, Urhobo, Anang etcetera should be respected. Their land, their decision and their people. No group or persons deserves to be insulted.

5. Stop Using Jonathan/PDP As Blackmail Tool:
God knows that we recognise and appreciate the support you guys gave to our brother Jonathan and his party, PDP. But, that shouldn't be a blackmail tool as expressed by some IPOB people. When it comes to ethnic/territorial issues, we have to drop the toga of partisanship and address issues from the position of our respective groups and maintain our own interest. It doesn't mean that we don't appreciate your support and sacrifice for GEJ/Wike/PDP. In fact, God sparing our lives we shall support an Igboman from South east for VP slot under PDP. Blackmailing us with the support given to Jonathan is unfair in every sense.

My dear Igbo cousins, we don't hate you. We are not your antagonists. We appreciate your support and solicit your continuous support for our people. We appreciate the sacrifice you have made for our sons and daughters. Personally, I have been a beneficiary of the benevolence of the Igbos and I appreciate it from the depth of my heart. Be rest assured of the love and support of all Niger-Deltans worldwide. This love and support is not just only for the Igbos, but to every Nigerian irrespective of ethnic affiliation that desires the progress of our people.

Our peaceful co-habitation, trusts and love can only be guaranteed when we make respect our watch word.

May God Lead Us Right and Bless Nigeria.

I respect you as a person and I respect your opinion though trusting politicians is something I've found difficult to do over time.

I may be wrong but Something keeps telling me that the purpose of this thread is to campaign against Wike and it's not fair to him. When Wike said he'll crush pro Biafrans, I wasn't offended one bit cos I know he has to please his employers. I may have said the same if I were in his shoes or at best kept mute but definitely won't support them.

Firstly there was no need for this thread likewise the rest of other threads that have been opened on your head. They are all needless but I personally expected you to know better. You've already stated your opinion on the other thread hence there was no need for reiterating your stance by opening a whole new thread.

Secondly, the timing of this thread is wrong. If you're still pro PDP which you claim you still are, SE and SS are predominantly PDP and Wike's election has just been cancelled. It's a time to get to work n mobilize voters and not to come on a faceless forum to start fighting incessantly with "faceless Igbos" who for all you know may even be Yorubas in disguise(talking from my busting experience)
We're well aware of their divide n rule since time immemorial

Now on the issue of Biafra, I agree that terms should be spelt out and accepted by all involved so that the Nigeria mistake doesn't repeat itself.

I call on my fellow Igbos on this thread to take it easy. I don't think Tonyebarcanista means any harm. Him and his likes only need genuine attention on the matter at hand. I read through his posts and I didn't see where he said he's opposed to Biafra but things must be spelt out(I may be wrong though)
And I believe that the people at the fore front of the Biafra ish should grant them audience and get their own terms on the subject and reach a compromise.

At the end I just want a country my kids will be proud of

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by bugzbunny: 3:16pm On Oct 26, 2015
Balkan:
This tonyebastard is trying hard to make sure Dakuku Peterside wins Wike. Igbos will support Wike.)
Gbam...... He was paid.....dat guy na judas
Wike has won already
He even soldout ijaw nation
Pathetic

4 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 26, 2015
I see....

1 Like

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by bugzbunny: 3:20pm On Oct 26, 2015
Rose2014:

I respect you as a person and I respect your opinion though trusting politicians is something I've found difficult to do over time.

I may be wrong but Something keeps telling me that the purpose of this thread is to campaign against Wike and it's not fair to him. When Wike said he'll crush pro Biafrans, I wasn't offended one bit cos I know he has to please his employers. I may have said the same if I were in his shoes or at best kept mute but definitely won't support them.

Firstly there was no need for this thread likewise the rest of other threads that have been opened on your head. They are all needless but I personally expected you to know better. You've already stated your opinion on the other thread hence there was no need for reiterating your stance by opening a whole new thread.

Secondly, the timing of this thread is wrong. If you're still pro PDP which you claim you still are, SE and SS are predominantly PDP and Wike's election has just been cancelled. It's a time to get to work n mobilize voters and not to come on a faceless forum to start fighting incessantly with faceless Igbos who for all you know may even be Yorubas in disguise.

Now on the issue of Biafra, I agree that terms should be spelt out and accepted by all involved so that the Nigeria mistake doesn't repeat itself.

I call on my fellow Igbos on this thread to take it easy. I don't think Tonyebarcanista means any harm. Him and his likes only need genuine attention on the matter at hand. I read through his posts and I didn't see where he said he's opposed to Biafra but things must be spelt out(I may be wrong though)
And I believe that the people at the fore front of the Biafra ish should grant them audience and get their own terms on the subject and reach a compromise.

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 26, 2015
amakaobiemeka:
the closest of the ss states to igbo is river, if a rivers has revolted, is it akwa or cross. Rivers is the head of ss and niger delta. Dont be decieved ss appreciate igbo support but would neva seceed its land to them

What state are you from? Rivers, akwa ibom or cross river?

1 Like

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:21pm On Oct 26, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Spot on bruvh...but Ikwerre and Okrika havent really settled their PH differences..

I actually don't care if Igbos feel Ikwerres hate them..we didnt invite anyone into Ikwerreland..anyone who is dissatisfied with Ikwerres can avoid us by avoiding to come into Port Harcourt and Ikwerreland in general..Tnx
Thanks for your maturity. When the time comes we shall maturedky settle it. We can't go to war or quarrel for something that we can solve on a roundtable. Meanwhile, vote Wike for Governor
Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Truckpusher(m): 3:23pm On Oct 26, 2015
Sometimes this whole thing is becoming just annoyingly funny but again this is what you get from a neigbor who harbors an expansionist agenda but you'd be stopped at all cost.

The day we get close to any seat of power in that state ,policies would be made to remind you constantly of who you are and where your rights starts and ends .

6 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 26, 2015
Rose2014:

Wike has shot himself! It was not only a rivers protest, even APC controlled owerri. Even as far as Delta!
The Igbos are done trying to 'understand' and empathize.
Let wike carry his cross.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Truckpusher(m): 3:25pm On Oct 26, 2015
peppyluv02:
I see....
What did you see? cheesy

Errrm! We just trying to set the record straight so we don't have to do this under the barrel of a gun.
Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:26pm On Oct 26, 2015
Rose2014:

Secondly, the timing of this thread is wrong. If you're still pro PDP which you claim you still are, SE and SS are predominantly PDP and Wike's election has just been cancelled. It's a time to get to work n mobilize voters and not to come on a faceless forum to start fighting incessantly with "faceless Igbos" who for all you know may even be Yorubas in disguise(talking from my busting experience)

On the contrary ma, I am not in support of Peterside's ascension neither am I working for him or APC. If you truly know me then you will understand my character. Yes Peterside is Ijaw like me but he is unfit to govern Rivers state(my opinion). This is not APC/PDP thread please.

I deliberately ignored people that raised false accusation but I have to respond to you as you tag it "suspiction". As pro-PDP, I won't let you down!

1 Like

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Truckpusher(m): 3:26pm On Oct 26, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Bros, I de even suspect you sef. Truckpusher how you see am?
I sabi you?
Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Nobody: 3:27pm On Oct 26, 2015
Nnem, obughi okwu obuna k'anasa.
Nkiti ka mma.

Rose2014:

2 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by ishiamu(m): 3:28pm On Oct 26, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

From beginning of the thread nowhere was Igbo insulted neither was division promoted. Are you insinuating that I should not state fact as it relates with our territorial integrity? What is there that promote insult towards the igbos? Should I cede our territories to avoid insult? You guys have been insulting me and the South-South all through this thread and you are complaining of Yoruba/Hausa insult. Should I wait until something becomes a problem before nipping it to the bud?

Call me names or insult me as you wish, be rest assured that I won't reciprocate. But as a true son of my father, I won't shy away from addressing issues that relates with our heritage.

To hell with the ill timed issues your not a spokesman, your opinion counts only on nairaland doesn't step out of here

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by nku5: 3:29pm On Oct 26, 2015
Kwakwakwakwa! Barcanistus is at it again grin

I remember one weak, lame thread the guy posted in his APC days trying to prove "Biafran rebels atrocities" during the war.

So he has made u-turn thrice now.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by januzaj(m): 3:29pm On Oct 26, 2015
FREEDOM4BIAFRA:

Wike has shot himself! It was not only a rivers protest, even APC controlled owerri. Even as far as Delta!
The Igbos are done trying to 'understand' and empathize.
Let wike carry his cross.
when you supported Jimi Agbaje in Lagos...what was the outcome of the election

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by amakaobiemeka: 3:30pm On Oct 26, 2015
Balkan:
This tonyebastard is trying hard to make sure Dakuku Peterside wins Wike. Igbos will support Wike. Know Ye that no ijaw man will ever rule Igweocha ( rivers stste)
dont derail, its abt the ownership of river. River state is nt igweocha, but river state

1 Like

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Mcbussy(m): 3:30pm On Oct 26, 2015
Rose2014:

Secondly, the timing of this thread is wrong. If you're still pro PDP which you claim you still are, SE and SS are predominantly PDP and Wike's election has just been cancelled. It's a time to get to work n mobilize voters and not to come on a faceless forum to start fighting incessantly with faceless Igbos who for all you know may even be Yorubas in disguise.

How about realising that this isn't a political post?...the dude just chose to speak the fact about his people and their views, just the way you pple independently post about your struggle. It's one thing to sympathise with a person's struggle, it's another thing to be a part of the struggle. I av talked to friends from rivers state and none of them are in tune with the Biafran struggle. I am yoruba, I believe people have the right to choose what they want so I sometimes sympathise with the Igbo/IPOB stand...but you can't just force people to join you or force some minority igbos in the south to take part of Rivers land with them.

If and only if a Biafra will happen, I believe neither the SS nor Nigeria would let u take a yard of SS. So u better face ur struggle and forget forcing anybody in...that's d bitter truth.

7 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by nku5: 3:30pm On Oct 26, 2015
Barcanistus I don dey fear u o

2 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by bugzbunny: 3:33pm On Oct 26, 2015
Rose2014:

Nobdy takes barcanista opinion serious... D dude is just a green snake.. He can take his daft article and shove it... I urge all igbos here hensforth to ignore him.. We cast him away frm our midst like a chameleon he is... The ss/se are forever eternal brothers and no barcanista can oppose dat... All igbos will vote PDP cos dats where our collective interests is enshrined...

3 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 26, 2015
januzaj:
when you supported Jimi Agbaje in Lagos...what was the outcome of the election

Sorry, but I refuse to respond to you.
You have a history of throwing tantrums in a mature discuss.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Rose2014: 3:33pm On Oct 26, 2015
Mcbussy:

How about realising that this isn't a political post?...the dude just chose to speak the fact about his people and their views, just the way you pple independently post about your struggle. It's one thing to sympathise with a person's struggle, it's another thing to be a part of the struggle. I av talked to friends from rivers state and none of them are in tune with the Biafran struggle. I am yoruba, I believe people have the right to choose what they want so I sometimes sympathise with the Igbo/IPOB stand...but you can't just force people to join you or force some minority igbos in the south to take part of Rivers land with them.

If and only if a Biafra will happen, I believe neither the SS nor Nigeria would let u take a yard of SS. So u better face ur struggle and forget forcing anybody in...that's d bitter truth.

First of all, the thread isn't about Yorubas but Igbos yet Yorubas are all over the place

Sorry ma but I wasn't talking to u
Thanks

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by amakaobiemeka: 3:35pm On Oct 26, 2015
ishiamu:

To hell with the ill timed issues your not a spokesman, your opinion counts only on nairaland doesn't step out of here
his write up is the heart of every niger delta. Its only the part that niger delta refuses to join biafra or seceed land that scare u. Ask the cross rivers how they fought 4 bakassi. Niger delta doesnt seceed land

1 Like

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 26, 2015
bugzbunny:

Nobdy takes barcanista opinion serious... D dude is just a green snake.. He can take his daft article and shove it... I urge all igbos here hensforth to ignore him.. We cast him away frm our midst like a chameleon he is... The ss/se are forever eternal brothers and no barcanista can oppose dat... All igbos will vote PDP cos dats where our collective interests is enshrined...

No! We will not vote for PDP.
We want our backstabbing brothers to feel the heat of the northern elites channelled through amaechi.
We stay at the sidelines.

1 Like

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Balkan(m): 3:35pm On Oct 26, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Thanks for your maturity. When the time comes we shall maturedky settle it. We can't go to war or quarrel for something that we can solve on a roundtable. Meanwhile, vote Wike for Governor
leave that matter! You don't need to tell an Igbo man to vote for Wike. Campaign for your Ijaw brother Peterside.

I have told you, no Ijaw man can be governor in Rivers State. If you like bring a PDP Ijaw man, Igbos will vote against him or her. The battle line is drawn.

1 Like

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by ThisMeansWAR: 3:37pm On Oct 26, 2015
FREEDOM4BIAFRA:
It is simple, the ijaws can form their republic, we cannot hold them back, but they must not attempt to stop us from bonding with our kinsmen in rivers state also.

We want an all-igbo Biafra, and we shall not allow our brothers to be trapped in Nigeria, just for the joy of the ijaws.

We have done our best for you, its over at this point.
what exactly did igbos do for ijaws?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Governor Ayo Fayose And Helen Paul Pictured Together / Audio Of Obiano, Ifeanyi Ubah And Ibeto's Meeting On Automatic Senatorial Ticket / APC Kaduna Picks Hadiza Balarabe As El'Rufai's Running Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.