Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,058 members, 7,828,723 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists (28774 Views)

Igbos We Know, IPOB We Don't / Just Like The Igbos: We Want Referendum Too, Yoruba Groups Declares / Igbos, We Need To Take Over APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 26, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Truckpusher IzonOwei Dearpreye Erunz Stebell Goodboiy HopeAtHand Enahi etc..

Please correct me IF I'm wrong.

Oga barca y u nor let me wail b4 you mention me na ?, My guy Loose for tribunal Today [Delta state]… Abeg make I wail for 2 Secs. but Any way God they watch PDP, Since una like bribing so grin Truckpusher good evening oo.. I see UnA handwork for my state o .

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………

We have already made our intention known to them, Nobody hates Igbo, The thing is that they should Respect Our decision and our Land. What are they Thinking self ?.. Should Barcanista fight for the Interest of the Igbo and Ignore his People ?.. No its not done that way, If Nigeria should divide then Let Every Tribe Go on there own, or We seek Niger Delta Republic, Is that hard to Understand ?

As for those using GEJ as an excess, Need I remind them that they voted GEJ not because of Love But because GEJ was the Only Option left for them because of there Hatred for Hausa/Yoruba.. If Osinbajo was from Igbo would they have voted GEJ ?

So many Questions.. But not Going to ask.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………

Abeg make una let me wail Jor..
Wailing Continua

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Eastlink(m): 4:58pm On Oct 26, 2015
Truckpusher:
Any politician can identify with any region especially if they share any cultural attribute.Believe them at your own peril.

So, on the highlighted you said that ''chibudom Nwuche despite being an Ekpeye man has always identifies himself with Ohanaeze'' and bang! that automatically changes his entire tribe men and women to Igbo?.....Just listen to yourself sounding like a broken record grin grin grin grin

You guys are land grabbers but we are waiting for you to declare your Utopian Biafra without respecting ethnic boundaries, Let's see how that pans out.
Just saw this nonsense now. Did I hear you say what! How will it pan out. Is it by hiding behind your keyboard and ranting like a sissy. Let's just watch how events unfolds before we can conclude. But you must be dreaming if you think a numb skull like you can stop us from joining our kinsmen when that time comes. You can as well shove that Ijaw dominated Niger-Delta republic into your ass cos its will never see the light of the day. We rather die than be lorded by the you selfish land grabbers. Till then, let enjoy one naijiriya.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by omenka(m): 4:59pm On Oct 26, 2015
Truckpusher:
The noise emanating from this thread is nothing but a pointer to all and sundry on the average mindset of the three major Nigerian tribes ,all they have always wanted was nothing but the total control over others even when it is obvious that these different ethnic groups posses their own distinct identity.The hate filled comments emanating from a people that called us brothers yesterday is well understood and we are not moved and will not cower under any circumstances ,at least now we can agree that all that show of brotherly love was all nothing special but interests, regional gains and personal prerogative let nobody deceive themselves.And we should always learn how to differentiate political leaning/party affiliation from regional interest and ethnicity.

Barcanista ,you have done marvelously well with this thread as this represents the true yearnings and aspirations of all the minority groups of this country that has been subjected to all kinds of marginalization ranging from environmental degradation,bastardized identity,bare-face oppression and the most painful one which is outright claims to the people's homeland and our Igbo neighbors took it to another dimension with their protest about IPOB in Port Harcourt instead of doing the same in Abuja ,the seat of power where their protest would have gotten more recognition.

Let me reiterate here that unity by force is slavery and the Niger Delta can stand on their own if it is the wish of Nigerians that every region should go their separate ways.The Niger Delta people would rather tie their future to the Nigerian project than dream of any kind of secession where there interests are not properly defined and protected and will not bow to any threat from anyone as far as Nigeria remains an entity.The Niger delta people will not fold their hands and watch any neighbor blackmail us into any submission as we also have the right to seek for our emancipation on our own terms and we do not owe any region any explanation or whatsoever under any circumstances and our Igbo brothers should respect our decision because we own ourselves and only us can dictate for ourselves.

Finally, no amount of intimidation will move us and no amount of insults will make us cower to anyone's ideology unless on our own terms and this is where we stand.
Na wa oo. This thing that started as a whispered joke has been blown out of control.

Make una chill abeg. Shoo.. One can't even have a moment of silence on the politics board because of the noise coming from you guys.

I thought you might have chilled by now since Miz has spoken with you behind closed doors.

You are taking this thing too serious and personal jor.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 26, 2015
januzaj:
50% of them were igbos......95% of 150 Nigerians that are awaiting are igbos#FACTnotOPINION

nah, Yoruba na 50% ... Even their pooiticians carry drugs.

1 Like

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by laudate: 5:02pm On Oct 26, 2015
menabadoo:
Barcanista just lost my respect

How?? For not aligning blindly with your pro-Biafra e-warriors to rename his ancestral land, without his permission?? shocked

9 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by bugzbunny: 5:02pm On Oct 26, 2015
Mcbussy:

So?... Does the fact that Asaba pple are "ibos" (even the main Igbos discriminate against them) make the whole of Delta state Biafra land?... So once there's an igbo speaking community in a state, then d state belongs to Biafra...that is your premise.
You are blabbing jare
Face ur headache in oshogbo
You knw nothing

4 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by januzaj(m): 5:05pm On Oct 26, 2015
chuna1985:

nah, Yoruba na 50% ... Even their pooiticians carry drugs.
Sunday Sun investigation at the Indonesian
Embassy, Abuja, revealed that 11 Nigerians
are currently on death row, having been
sentenced to death at various times by
Indonesian courts.
They were sentenced to death on drug-
related offences, which largely centered on
being in possession of heroin and other
narcotics. Obinna Nwajagu, Michael Titus
Igwe, Hillary .K. Chimezie, Stephen Rasheed
Akinyemi, Humphrey Ijike alias Doctor, Gap
Nadi alias Papa, are some Nigerians whom
the Indonesian government may execute any
time from now.
Others awaiting death in Indonesia include,
Eugene Ape alias Felixe, Ekfere Dike Ale
Kamal alias Samuel, Seck Osmane/Cajetan
Uchenna Onyenworo, Samuel Iwuchukwu
Okoye and Hansen Anthony Nwaolisa. Some
human rights groups had sometime in April
2013, petitioned the National Assembly over
the fate of 14 Nigerians awaiting death in
Indonesia. https://www.nairaland.com/2293241/drug-trafficking-132-nigerians-waiting

3 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by bugzbunny: 5:07pm On Oct 26, 2015
laudate:

How?? For not aligning blindly with your pro-Biafra e-warriors to rename his ancestral land, without his permission?? shocked
The question is who is barcanista..just an e rat... Who cares abt his daft opinions... Igbos are voting an ikwerre man.. A Pdp candidate.. Not Dakuku an ijaw like him in Apc... He should deal with it

5 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by biodunid: 5:09pm On Oct 26, 2015
Shouldn't Igbos be more concerned that so many Igboid sub groups are hell bent on not identifying with the mother group? Yorubas would search themselves if their peeps in Kwara and Kogi or those who emigrated to Warri were to consistently deny history and seek to break any connection. Even with the Edos the quarrel is over who is 'older' and not the existence of a connection. A father whose children decide to disown his name should ask himself where he went wrong. Raining curses on those children isn't the way forward. May God restore peace among my in-laws.

6 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 26, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

I don't know why some Igbos are angry and calling me names. I never abused them nor malign them. Only made some clarifications as they are. At no time did I tell anyone the contrary of what I just wrote. It's unfortunate though but we must stand together and define our destiny without fear or favor.

Seriously am pained and if I fit see you now I go send you six feet below...
If icouldn't fill some pieces of hot metal into your damn skull then am not a man.

My consolation is this as far as Ss is concerned you will always be a minority...
And there are other people that will align with biafra when the time comes... Just count your people out from now on...

6 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Mcbussy(m): 5:12pm On Oct 26, 2015
bugzbunny:

You are blabbing jare
Face ur headache in oshogbo
You knw nothing

Another illogical and irrational thug grin... Wasn't expecting much reason from u anyway.

5 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 26, 2015
januzaj:
Sunday Sun investigation at the Indonesian
Embassy, Abuja, revealed that 11 Nigerians
are currently on death row, having been
sentenced to death at various times by
Indonesian courts.
They were sentenced to death on drug-
related offences, which largely centered on
being in possession of heroin and other
narcotics. Obinna Nwajagu, Michael Titus
Igwe, Hillary .K. Chimezie, Stephen Rasheed
Akinyemi, Humphrey Ijike alias Doctor, Gap
Nadi alias Papa, are some Nigerians whom
the Indonesian government may execute any
time from now.
Others awaiting death in Indonesia include,
Eugene Ape alias Felixe, Ekfere Dike Ale
Kamal alias Samuel, Seck Osmane/Cajetan
Uchenna Onyenworo, Samuel Iwuchukwu
Okoye and Hansen Anthony Nwaolisa. Some
human rights groups had sometime in April
2013, petitioned the National Assembly over
the fate of 14 Nigerians awaiting death in
Indonesia. https://www.nairaland.com/2293241/drug-trafficking-132-nigerians-waiting

can't u read/pronounce igbo names again?
Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Truckpusher(m): 5:16pm On Oct 26, 2015
omenka:
Na wa oo. This thing that started as a whispered joke has been blown out of control.

Make una chill abeg. Shoo.. One can't even have a moment of silence on the politics board because of the noise coming from you guys.

I thought you might have chilled by now since Miz has spoken with you behind closed doors.

You are taking this thing too serious and personal jor.
The war is over ,we are all licking our wounds on both fronts , negotiate for a ceasefire and sign a peace treaty and finally unite against a common enemy of course you know who. grin grin grin tongue
Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by PresidentBuBu: 5:26pm On Oct 26, 2015
i am indeed ashamed of the igbo ppl on this thread una are giving up i agrree that the rivers "igboid" groups might be scared or uninterested in joining the igbo grp but that doesnt give us a ny chance to dump them there are today many ikwerres who are ambassadors and willing members of the igbo nation today all thisthings we are seeing is just pure politics and we shouldnt allow it to drww a wedge btw us bc the diff among us are not even up to the level of cultural affinity we share if we gove up niw we make the nigerian attempts on igbo divisons succesful. the ijaws should have no matter or mouth to tell us who is igbo or not igbo bc they themselves do not even know their borders.
they can deride us all they want but they should not det their way bc irrrespective of whatever they say there are igbos in rivers and ss and they will make biafra bc a reality whether they like it or not

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Atlantian: 5:29pm On Oct 26, 2015
I am a Niger Deltan and a Biafran, Nigeria is my country of Birth but Biafra is my country of destiny. Barcanista is not speaking for the Niger Deltans, he is not qualified to speak for his family needless to say speak for Niger Deltans. When Nnamdi Kanu of IPOB says jump! Niger Delta says, "How High", that is the extent of our brotherhood. As a proof, I want to remind us of the meetings that Asari Dokubo had with the Biafrans earlier this year.

If Asari Dokubo can show openly and transparently 'our' support from Biafra, who is a name called Barcanista to say otherwise.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by omenka(m): 5:30pm On Oct 26, 2015
Truckpusher:
The war is over ,we are all leaking our wounds on both fronts , negotiate for a ceasefire and sign a peace treaty and finally unite against a common enemy of course you know who. grin grin grin tongue
Wow, that would be nice. The noise was getting deafening. cheesy
Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 26, 2015
pazienza:
Seriously, did anyone read that long epistle?

Please those who did should give me a summary.

Lazy bones lolzzzzzz. Pay up first lol cheesy
Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by omenka(m): 5:34pm On Oct 26, 2015
Atlantian:
I am a Niger Deltan and a Biafran, Nigeria is my country of Birth but Biafra is my country of destiny. Barcanista is not speaking for the Niger Deltans, he is not qualified to speak for his family needless to say speak for Niger Deltans. When Nnamdi Kanu of IPOB says jump! Niger Delta says, "How High", that is the extent of our brotherhood. As a proof, I want to remind us of the meetings that Asari Dokubo had with the Biafrans earlier this year.

If Asari Dokubo can show openly and transparently 'our' support from Biafra, who is a name called Barcanista to say otherwise.
Nnamdi Kanu, Asari Dokubo- leaders of Niger Delta. Nnamdi asks Niger deltans (Truckie et al) to jump and Truckie replies "how high sir"?? grin

Truckpusher, come see format oo! cheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 26, 2015
Yujin:

Dearpreye your attention is needed.
I'll respond to this your write up later. You accuse us of blackmail by requesting for your cooperation after we supported GEJ smh. Ok! Its like you didn't know what it took Ndigbo to vote Jonathan? You think its easy right? Ok. Our doubts have been cleared. I'll respond more later.

My able brother, I'm here.
Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by AyeeIdris(f): 5:44pm On Oct 26, 2015
I really feel for you @barcanista. When he was an APC guy, He wrote an article that people called Anti APC and blacklisted him. He ported to Pop. Now he writes another articles that people consider anti-igbo and the insults flow. I am amazed. Is someone expected to have a one track mind and way of reasoning? Why is he not allowed to have dissenting opinions on matters without being termed a "betrayer". It is really unfair to put anyone in a box, insult someone whose view you have been applauding when it favour yours then get vicious when it does not support yours.

But honestly. Is any of this even important or relevant? This is the least of our problems na

6 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by cheruv: 5:46pm On Oct 26, 2015
kettykin:
Please for the sake of history Opobo was never part of Ijaw land, opobo was actually called ikot Abasi and was an extension of ibibio land until Jajah led troops to take opobo after he fell out of favor with the ruling houses in Bonny island.

Moreover both opobo and Bonny are igbo speaking towns.
I've told barca that Ibibio people are yet to forgive ijos for claiming the obolos..
Everyone knows that opobo is built on Ibibioland and is populated by Igbos.

5 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 26, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Oga barca y u nor let me wail b4 you mention me na ?, My guy Loose for tribunal Today [Delta state]… Abeg make I wail for 2 Secs. but Any way God they watch PDP, Since una like bribing so grin Truckpusher good evening oo.. I see UnA handwork for my state o .

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………

We have already made our intention known to them, Nobody hates Igbo, The thing is that they should Respect Our decision and our Land. What are they Thinking self ?.. Should Barcanista fight for the Interest of the Igbo and Ignore his People ?.. No its not done that way, If Nigeria should divide then Let Every Tribe Go on there own, or We seek Niger Delta Republic, Is that hard to Understand ?

As for those using GEJ as an excess, Need I remind them that they voted GEJ not because of Love But because GEJ was the Only Option left for them because of there Hatred for Hausa/Yoruba.. If Osinbajo was from Igbo would they have voted GEJ ?

So many Questions.. But not Going to ask.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………

Abeg make una let me wail Jor..
Wailing Continua

bro you too much
Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 26, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Overtime there has been growing number of threads and comments by some Igbo loyalists and sympathisers of IPOB led Biafra ideology over the position of the South-South ethnic groups and in particular, Rivers state. Some have started seeing us as antagonists to the aspiration of the Igbo nation, while some others have moved towards casting aspersions on some of us.

Let me start by stating clearly that my determination to support every legitimate struggle and respect the right of self-determination by any group(s) is irreversible. However, I believe it will be proper to make some things clear with respect to IPOB led Biafran ideology.

1. Nobody in the Niger Delta and Rivers state is against Igbo
What we are saying is very simple. We respect your right to self-determine your destiny, you should also respect our right to self-determine ours. Don't determine for us even if you don't agree with us. If you believe that we have common destiny, state your terms and allow us state ours. Where there is no consensus, allow us determine our next step. If we believe in an indivisible Nigeria or a United Republic of some ethnic minorities within the region, it should be respected. Nobody should be villified for their own choice neither do we have the right to villify Igbos for wanting their land and territory out.

2. Show Respect For Our Territories:
I believe that it was Kanu that spread the fable that Portharcourt is an Igbo city, which some of you now call Igweocha. This is absolutely insulting on us the Okrikans/Ijaws especially. The city of Portharcourt is shared between the Okrikans and Ikwerres. The portion owned by Okrikans have been our fishing port for centuries. The record is there. Ikwerres are not fishermen, hence, a reflection of their settlement. The Okrikans are 100% Ijaws and 0% Igbos. Our portion of PHC is NOT Igweocha and has never been. I am not aware that the Ikwerres wish to call theirs Igweocha but in the event that they wish to, it is left for the Okrikans, Ikwerres and Rivers state government to rename the city altogether and we (Okrikans) shall determine an appropriate name for our portion of the city.

3. Show Respect For Our Land:
I have also been reading tales by sunset by some people saying that Opobo is Igboland. That is a grave insult to the Ijaws and is highly unacceptable. For the record, Opobo kingdom was formerly part of Bonny Kingdom, owned and inhabited by the Ijaws who are proud of their ancestry. The name of the Kingdom is Opoboama, and it was named after former Bonny King Opubo. The land and people pre-existed even before the coming of Jaja, an Igbo slave that was bought by Bonny chief Alali Opubo, Head of Opubo Annie Royal House. For the record, Jaja never found Opobo. He however led a section of Anna Pepple Wari(House) to break Opobo from Bonny Kingdom with the same territory and Ijaw people. The ijaw chiefs never made mistake in making Jaja their first king of the kingdom. The case of Jaja can be likened to Joseph that was an Hebrew slave but rose to become a Prime minister and Head of Government in Egypt. His ascension neither makes Egypt to be an Hebrew land neither does it make the Egyptians as Hebrews. All these are well documented. I have to state that the Ijaw nation is not in land dispute with anyone over any of our territory in the riverine areas of Rivers state. From Kalasunju, Kalaibiama, and Epellema etc are all Ijaw communities in Opobo kingdom. Similarly, Ndoki is undisputed Ijawland. In fact, Ndoki is nicknamed "kala-krike" that is mini Wakrike(Okrika). It is believed that they are descendants of Okrika kingdom. We are all Ijaws. I am stating this to educate those that may not be aware.

4. Respect For Our Brothers And Neighbours:
The people of Rivers state from Ogba, Ikwerre, Ogoni etcetera have suffered together, sacrificed a lot together and even disagreed on issues with each other at differnt times. If in their wisdom they deny being Igbos, Yoruba or Biafrans. It is their right and must be respected irrespective of whether they bear Uche, Yakubu or Folashade. The South South geopolitical zone though a political arrangement but has brought avenue for collective unity. The position of the Binis, Esans, Itsekiris, Ibibios, Urhobo, Anang etcetera should be respected. Their land, their decision and their people. No group or persons deserves to be insulted.

5. Stop Using Jonathan/PDP As Blackmail Tool:
God knows that we recognise and appreciate the support you guys gave to our brother Jonathan and his party, PDP. But, that shouldn't be a blackmail tool as expressed by some IPOB people. When it comes to ethnic/territorial issues, we have to drop the toga of partisanship and address issues from the position of our respective groups and maintain our own interest. It doesn't mean that we don't appreciate your support and sacrifice for GEJ/Wike/PDP. In fact, God sparing our lives we shall support an Igboman from South east for VP slot under PDP. Blackmailing us with the support given to Jonathan is unfair in every sense.

My dear Igbo cousins, we don't hate you. We are not your antagonists. We appreciate your support and solicit your continuous support for our people. We appreciate the sacrifice you have made for our sons and daughters. Personally, I have been a beneficiary of the benevolence of the Igbos and I appreciate it from the depth of my heart. Be rest assured of the love and support of all Niger-Deltans worldwide. This love and support is not just only for the Igbos, but to every Nigerian irrespective of ethnic affiliation that desires the progress of our people.

Our peaceful co-habitation, trusts and love can only be guaranteed when we make respect our watch word.

May God Lead Us Right and Bless Nigeria.
TRASH!!!
You're among the few nairalanders I use to respect but not anymore because I don't believe in loving people that hates me or my tribe. The Igbos are not the problem the SSners are having presently yet, some of you choose to hate and attack the Igbos just to make the hausas and yorubas happy. You said Igbos should respect you peoples right to self determine your destiny yet you allow hausa/fulani and yorubas to be doing that for you people, is that not hypocrisy in the highest order? For hating the Igbos in return for their love to you people despite the fact that, you people seized their properties after the war hate shall not depart from your door step.

9 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Uniben4sure: 5:57pm On Oct 26, 2015
I pity those that will fall for this "we don't hate you" crap.
Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Observant: 5:57pm On Oct 26, 2015
Truckpusher:
The noise emanating from this thread is nothing but a pointer to all and sundry on the average mindset of the three major Nigerian tribes ,all they have always wanted was nothing but the total control over others even when it is obvious that these different ethnic groups posses their own distinct identity.The hate filled comments emanating from a people that called us brothers yesterday is well understood and we are not moved and will not cower under any circumstances ,at least now we can agree that all that show of brotherly love was all nothing special but interests, regional gains and personal prerogative let nobody deceive themselves.And we should always learn how to differentiate political leaning/party affiliation from regional interest and ethnicity.

Barcanista ,you have done marvelously well with this thread as this represents the true yearnings and aspirations of all the minority groups of this country that has been subjected to all kinds of marginalization ranging from environmental degradation,bastardized identity,bare-face oppression and the most painful one which is outright claims to the people's homeland and our Igbo neighbors took it to another dimension with their protest about IPOB in Port Harcourt instead of doing the same in Abuja ,the seat of power where their protest would have gotten more recognition.

Let me reiterate here that unity by force is slavery and the Niger Delta can stand on their own if it is the wish of Nigerians that every region should go their separate ways.The Niger Delta people would rather tie their future to the Nigerian project than dream of any kind of secession where there interests are not properly defined and protected and will not bow to any threat from anyone as far as Nigeria remains an entity.The Niger delta people will not fold their hands and watch any neighbor blackmail us into any submission as we also have the right to seek for our emancipation on our own terms and we do not owe any region any explanation or whatsoever under any circumstances and our Igbo brothers should respect our decision because we own ourselves and only us can dictate for ourselves.

Finally, no amount of intimidation will move us and no amount of insults will make us cower to anyone's ideology unless on our own terms and this is where we stand.

The mischief of Niger-Delta/South South.

Whenever any miscreant from this region like the OP (most times Ijaw, Esan and Bini), wants to display there disdain for the igbos labelling them expansionist and identity changers.

Please let it be known that

1.) This region Consist of over 40 Ethnic groups including but not limited to the igbos, ijaw, Ibibios, Esan, bini,Efik, Annang, isoko, urhobo, itseriki, ikwerre Etc.
So this miscreant if not being mischivious can not be talking about that region like it is mono ethic of the same accord.

2.) Whenever the Igbos talk about that region they refer to there igbo kit and kin in places like the the Aniomas of Delta state, igbanke's of Edo state, the oyibo's of Rivers state and so many other "Proudly igbo" groups who i most certainly don't know all there names. (Someone you who is knowledgeable can help us with there names).

3.) Other tribes that make up the Niger-delta/South-South, namely Ibiobio,Annang, Efik, itsekiri, (Ikwerres who a great percentage call themselves igbo), etc can openly voice out there stands on the Self- determination pursuit of biafra.

4.) This slogan developed by miscreants who accuse the igbos of wanting to take there land vs oil whilst they intend to silence our igbo kith and kin in that region with comments like this " THERE ARE NO IGBOS IN THE SOUTH-SOUTH", is the height of insult

7 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 26, 2015
dearpreye:

My able brother, I'm here.

Tonyebarcanista and Truckpusher have destroyed the unity of old Eastern Region

Imagine them saying that we voted Jonathan out of selfish motive and that SS has no indigenous Igbo.

How can people like Barca and TP believe that Igbos are expansionists

Have we Igbos ever invaded the Nigerdelta region in our 1000years of neighborhood.

Dearpreye your comment is needed to truly know if their view is that of SS or not

5 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 26, 2015
Atlantian:

Hehehehe... Who is Asari ?, A name of a person ? Animal ? Place ? or Thing ?.. Rose2014 come do your work oo.. nor be only Yoruba people u go they burst.. this 1 is no were near Niger not to talk of Delta.. We they watch..

I still they wail..

Wailing Continua
PDp give ogboru his position oo

2 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by MrMbaM: 6:06pm On Oct 26, 2015
superstar1:

Of course we will not travel to the land of gully erosion, when afternoon witches are not following us. Why should we travel to a place where you the indigenes are even running away from?

We travel out, while you travel to SW. At most you travel to Indonesia and Malaysia, where they are using your heads as target practise for their police.

Lmao. The guy Chime Chukwuma is one bush boy from Enugu, you will laugh hard if you see the fool.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 26, 2015
Observant:

The mischief of Niger-Delta/South South.

Whenever any miscreant from this region like the OP (most times Ijaw, Esan and Bini), wants to display there disdain for the igbos labelling them expansionist and identity changers.

Please let it be known that

1.) This region Consist of over 40 Ethnic groups including but not limited to the igbos, ijaw, Ibibios, Esan, bini,Efik, Annang, isoko, urhobo, itseriki, ikwerre Etc.
So this miscreant if not being mischivious can not be talking about that region like it is mono ethic of the same accord.

2.) Whenever the Igbos talk about that region they refer to there igbo kit and kin in places like the the Aniomas of Delta state, igbanke's of Edo state, the oyibo's of Rivers state and so many other "Proudly igbo" groups who i most certainly don't know all there names. (Someone you who is knowledgeable can help us with there names).

3.) Other tribes that make up the Niger-delta/South-South, namely Ibiobio,Annang, Efik, itsekiri , (Ikwerres who a great percentage call themselves igbo), etc can openly voice out there stands on the Self- determination pursuit of biafra.

4.) This slogan developed by miscreants who accuse the igbos of wanting to take there land vs oil whilst they intend to silence our igbo kith and kin in that region with comments like this " THERE ARE NO IGBOS IN THE SOUTH-SOUTH", is the height of insult

Itsekiri don't need to voice anything to you.. You already know were they belong.. So keep hating on Yoruba and Bini, Na urself u dey do.

Am nt Ijaw, But I support barca 100%.. in shot he they speak for my people too.. Any Question ?

5 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 26, 2015
Truckpusher:
They want out from the stranglehold of the North and the South West at all cost but each time they are always eager to drag the Niger Delta into the whole brouhaha and when it fails they turn around and shoot them labeling them traitors and all sort of insults - This generation will not fold their hands and watch the Nigerian state and the Igbos use the Niger Deltans for shooting practice in their quest for control because of their greed for oil. Never.

You can make your comments wituout adding foolishness to it. Exactly, what is the strangle hold the west has move the east?

Per shooting practice, only people who put themselves in the line of fire will get shot. In your myopia and bigoted ethnicism you call the igbos brother conveniently forgetting that it was this same igbos that dragged PH into the the Civil war in the first place. You have sown lies and are now harvesting acres of deceit. This thread is about you and your igbo brethren, leave other tribes out of this thread.

1 Like

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 26, 2015
kettykin:
Please for the sake of history Opobo was never part of Ijaw land, opobo was actually called ikot Abasi and was an extension of ibibio land until Jajah led troops to take opobo after he fell out of favor with the ruling houses in Bonny island.

Moreover both opobo and Bonny are igbo speaking towns.

For me, the diverse shades of history disclosed by this thread is indicative of the need for the UN to clarify the status of the people groups in the region before throwing its weight behind the inalienable rights of the Igbo to self-determination.
I may sound unpopular but methinks the best option for the Igbo is not Biafra but reentrance. Reentrance into Nigeria by way of reorienting the next generation of Igbos. I say this for three reasons 1. Given the population of the Igbos and the land mass available to them it is inconceivable they will not need to exist in diaspora-and in large numbers too! 2. Chinua Achebe had this to say -"There is no doubt at all that there is a strand in contemporary Igbo behavior that can offend; by its noisy exhibitionism and disregard for humility and quietness." Correct this and the age long tendency to distrust The Igbos harbored by many will vanish into the resultant convivial amity. 3. I'll miss Igbo cuisine and my Igbo brethren whom I'll require a visa to access should they insist on leaving! So long!

4 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by DipoDee: 6:18pm On Oct 26, 2015
pazienza:
Seriously, did anyone read that long epistle?

Please those who did should give me a summary.

Summary;

1. Igbos, ND respects you, respect us too.

2. Igbos, you can claim Lagos to be no man's land, Pls steer clear of PH.

3. Igbos, allow us to make our own decisions as concerns secession, don't force us to join your Biafra struggle.

I think that's about it.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Audio Of Obiano, Ifeanyi Ubah And Ibeto's Meeting On Automatic Senatorial Ticket / 2015: Buhari, Tinubu bury ambitions, to anoint candidate / Governor Ayo Fayose And Helen Paul Pictured Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.