Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

My Experience Today As An Applicant. - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Experience Today As An Applicant. (39347 Views)

My Bitter Experience Today As A Marketer / 6 Annoying Things Nigerian Interviewers Do When Interviewing An Applicant / My Job Interview Experience Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Today As An Applicant. by heykims(m): 10:51am On Oct 27, 2015
A question please, is it ideal for a guy to attend a job interview with a one-button suit?
Looks sort of too stylish for a job hunt event to me...

Pls answer..
Re: My Experience Today As An Applicant. by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 27, 2015
Sashafm:
Being recently churned out by NYSC, on October 15th of this month. I have always heard about how precarious it was to get a job in this country without connections, but I did not actually know the gravity of it until now. Armed with my 2.1 certificate from OAU (The best University wink) and my NYSC discharged certificate I thought now I have arrived to become gainfully employed.

I left Lagos for Abuja just 2 days after my POP, alas, after sending out countless applications and applying for any job that fits my criteria, I have not even been called for a single interview!!!.

I was swayed after a week and thought to myself, if I wouldn't be called for interviews I would go in search of the companies my self and make an appearance. I was Wrong sad. I am not really conversant with Abuja very well, but i was determined to go in search of a job physically instead of gazing at my laptop all day long. I dressed in my best, looked very corporate even wore my corporate court shoes that i painfully bought from my alawee in the hope that when I get called for interview by Standard chartered bank or PWC grin, I would launch it. Anybody that met me on the way would think I am a business executive,on my way to seal a contract deal.

Started the long journey to town as I stay close to the airport. on getting there I started from Wuse zone 3, as I had earlier sourced from the internet the addresses of companies that had posted vacancies in Abuja. My plan was to go and submit my CV in person .Unfortunately for me I was even unable to locate the offices as, the Address given on the internet did not even correspond. mogbe moment was activated as I was lost, broke and on heels with no direction. I was being turned back at most of the offices, that was when I realized the gravity of being an unemployed person. At a point removed my shoes and changed to my sanders as i had packed them in my bag. Dejected and sad, I turned back home. And here I am at home again. Glued to my laptop and scanning for job again. It is indeed pathetic.

Your life in a picture.

Re: My Experience Today As An Applicant. by Thebrightest(m): 1:58pm On Oct 27, 2015
Sashafm:
Being recently churned out by NYSC, on October 15th of this month. I have always heard about how precarious it was to get a job in this country without connections, but I did not actually know the gravity of it until now. Armed with my 2.1 certificate from OAU (The best University wink) and my NYSC discharged certificate I thought now I have arrived to become gainfully employed.

I left Lagos for Abuja just 2 days after my POP, alas, after sending out countless applications and applying for any job that fits my criteria, I have not even been called for a single interview!!!.

I was swayed after a week and thought to myself, if I wouldn't be called for interviews I would go in search of the companies my self and make an appearance. I was Wrong sad. I am not really conversant with Abuja very well, but i was determined to go in search of a job physically instead of gazing at my laptop all day long. I dressed in my best, looked very corporate even wore my corporate court shoes that i painfully bought from my alawee in the hope that when I get called for interview by Standard chartered bank or PWC grin, I would launch it. Anybody that met me on the way would think I am a business executive,on my way to seal a contract deal.

Started the long journey to town as I stay close to the airport. on getting there I started from Wuse zone 3, as I had earlier sourced from the internet the addresses of companies that had posted vacancies in Abuja. My plan was to go and submit my CV in person .Unfortunately for me I was even unable to locate the offices as, the Address given on the internet did not even correspond. mogbe moment was activated as I was lost, broke and on heels with no direction. I was being turned back at most of the offices, that was when I realized the gravity of being an unemployed person. At a point removed my shoes and changed to my sanders as i had packed them in my bag. Dejected and sad, I turned back home. And here I am at home again. Glued to my laptop and scanning for job again. It is indeed pathetic.
Work on your punctuation marks.
Re: My Experience Today As An Applicant. by itunuaina: 2:08pm On Oct 27, 2015
lol, welcome to the to the group
Re: My Experience Today As An Applicant. by Hatrik(m): 3:16pm On Oct 27, 2015
have only one year to finish, but after reading your story and comments makes me feel like its better to remain @school.......#scared
Re: My Experience Today As An Applicant. by oolusola: 9:10pm On Oct 27, 2015
One thing I belief is that God made things good in His own time just ensure you are not idle, engage in doing something and dont just do things without a goal. I finished my nysc 2012 with the hope that I will be able to secure a job at that company that promise to offer me a job after my nysc as a result of my outstanding performance while I had my intership with them but by the time I concluded my service, I headed to the company , wrote their exam, went for first interview, second interview and while awaiting the medical interview, unexpected happened which affected the entire branches of this company and later fold up. I was dissapointed but started given other multinational company a trial but all to no avail, then I later composed myself to ask God His actual plan for me, then I discovered that He needed me in lecturing. then I put in for my master at university of ibadan, I tried my best to attain phd grade then secure a placement at one private institution for lecturing, I worked there for a year and use the few saving to embark on fish farming and I thank God I 'm fufiled now, and still awaiting federal appointment soon.
Re: My Experience Today As An Applicant. by sevule(m): 12:43am On Oct 28, 2015
Is it my imagination or is the poster complaining about not having a job barely one month after she rounded NYSC? Are you for REAL? You have spent only one month looking for a job and you are actually complaining!

Even in the US, you still find graduates looking for jobs for months! @poster, it is my humble opinion that you should NOT be complaining of a paucity of jobs as you just finished NYSC. That said I hope you find a job soon and best of luck!
Re: My Experience Today As An Applicant. by drey08(m): 7:20pm On Oct 28, 2015
Re: My Experience Today As An Applicant. by showreals(m): 4:23am On Oct 29, 2015
Sashafm:

What type of job are you looking for ?
Re: My Experience Today As An Applicant. by Hemanwel(m): 2:53pm On Oct 30, 2015
blessingee:
@OP, Just in case you havn't seen this...

Good afternoon . HMRC is recruiting for 200 graduates as Tax professionals to be developed into senior HMRC positions through a 4 year development programme. Starting salary is £27,000 to £29000 rising to £47,000 to £53000 by end of the program. You do not have to be an accountant to apply. You will be trained. Minimum qualification is a 2.2 hons degree. Does not have to be a UK degree. Applications are open to Commonwealth citizens, EEA and UK citizens. Application closes on Nov 24 , so if you are interested will be good to apply on time a s there are some tests. More information and how to apply can be found at following web address. https://www.gov.uk/g…/tax-professional-development-programme
Hi Blessingee.Please,I sent you a PM to find out some things about this HMRC stuff cos I have applied.Abeg,reply ASAP...Thanks
Re: My Experience Today As An Applicant. by jelielo(m): 3:45pm On Oct 30, 2015
Let's be patient. I am currently going through the same experience with you in Lagos now. But I have great hope that things will get better very soon. God willing.
Re: My Experience Today As An Applicant. by BuddhaPalm(m): 6:13pm On Nov 01, 2015
Sashafm:

In the meantime, you could freelance on Upwork.com, since you have a laptop and internet.
Re: My Experience Today As An Applicant. by meetmal03(f): 12:13am On Jan 13, 2016
Re: My Experience Today As An Applicant. by luvlyADESUWA(f): 9:55pm On Jan 14, 2016
Philadelphia:

And who told you that OAU is the best University in Nigeria? undecided
I hiss in Swahili. angry
Na watin he think.......village champion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

CBN (central Bank Of Nigeria) 2nd Recruitment 2012, Latest Massive Job Vacancies / Test Venues For 2014 NNPC Recruitment Test / When Asked About Salary Preference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.