Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,055 members, 7,835,565 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

The Dangers In Long Distance Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Dangers In Long Distance Relationships (1747 Views)

How True Is This About Long Distance Relationships / Ways To Make Long Distance Relationships Work / 9 Tips For Couples In Long Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Dangers In Long Distance Relationships by veeluv2015(f): 5:56pm On Oct 26, 2015

Sometimes, our relationships fail without us having an idea about what went wrong. We feel so in love with someone and all of a sudden, that feeling disappears. We try to lie to ourselves that it’s still there but when we search deeper, we realize it left us a long time ago. What am I talking about here? Distance kills feelings slowly without us realizing it till there’s almost nothing you can do about it.

Of course they keep the communication line open, send gifts and cards to each other through courier, wire money through banks and all that but it can’t be the same as sitting next to each other and offering a shoulder when your partner needs one to cry on. There are times when certain things happen in our lives and we need someone very dear to us to look us in the eyes and tell us it’s going to be okay. What happens then? You might say thank God for the person who invented the webcam but what about that warmth and security you feel when the person is next to you, is there any technology that could make up for that?

Another problem I have with this long distance thing is that you have a higher chance of cheating on your partner. You might not be the cheating type and set down principles to guide you but there is always a point when you break down. You might even create a fence around you and stop anyone from getting close but what about those that you can’t keep out of the fence, like your friends? One of them might know your weaknesses and take advantage of the situation. It won’t be your fault in that case but what is done is done. When you are far from your partner, it makes you have more time for your friends and when you spend so much time with a particular friend of the opposite sex, you tend to grow fond of them and discover new things about them that might draw you close to them. It doesn’t mean you love your partner any less but it creates room for comparison and that is sure not healthy for a relationship. All this wouldn’t be happening if your partner was around.

Long distance relationships are extremely difficult to maintain. Not that they can’t work out but you have to be ready to sacrifice a lot. You have to be very patient and endure certain things. You should even learn to be a loner and if you’re going to build a fence around yourself, be sure to ask around for the best kind of concrete you can lay your hands on. Patience and sacrifice are the keywords for making long distance relationships work. If you don’t have them, don’t venture into it.

CIAO!!!

SOURCE: http://nairarepublic.com/thread/long-distance-relationships/

2 Likes

Re: The Dangers In Long Distance Relationships by nairalandmaster(f): 5:57pm On Oct 26, 2015
wow, this is amazing
ok op, carry on
Re: The Dangers In Long Distance Relationships by Cutehector(m): 5:58pm On Oct 26, 2015
The very reason why I dumped her!
Re: The Dangers In Long Distance Relationships by veeluv2015(f): 6:03pm On Oct 26, 2015
Cutehector:

lol....really?
Re: The Dangers In Long Distance Relationships by olafum1(m): 6:04pm On Oct 26, 2015
True about my current experience undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: The Dangers In Long Distance Relationships by Cutehector(m): 6:07pm On Oct 26, 2015
veeluv2015:

lol....really?
yeah.. I just dnt thrive in distant chat only calls relationship.. It just gets so bored.... I like d companionship, d togetherness, the cuddling, d strolling together in d street, the playful teasins.... I just duno if dats too hard a thing to ask for...

1 Like

Re: The Dangers In Long Distance Relationships by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 26, 2015
yea.long distance relationship is really not advisable for any one
Re: The Dangers In Long Distance Relationships by Nobody: 6:14pm On Oct 26, 2015
I seeeee
Re: The Dangers In Long Distance Relationships by Hasino2258: 6:25pm On Oct 26, 2015
We brk up today i feel like my world will come.crashing with time will get over it hoping she might changing her mind to be back never the less life goes on

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dangers In Long Distance Relationships by Nobody: 7:04pm On Oct 26, 2015
Cutehector:
Using the word "dumped" sounds harsh...
BTW,did naijaboiy write a paragraph of this piece?
Re: The Dangers In Long Distance Relationships by malele(m): 7:09pm On Oct 26, 2015
Mine failed too ooo
Re: The Dangers In Long Distance Relationships by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 26, 2015
Hmm..I'll soon be getting into a long distance relationship. Been wondering if things 'll continue to be fine.

1 Like

Re: The Dangers In Long Distance Relationships by Cutehector(m): 7:16pm On Oct 26, 2015
Oliviaarims:

lol like u havnt dumped a guy...

Naah I dnt think he did.. Why do u ask
Re: The Dangers In Long Distance Relationships by nawtibownie: 8:13pm On Oct 26, 2015
I can't think of investing my time in this shii again. One's mumu button works well in this kind of relationship. You' always think Bae is as faithful as you are meanwhile bae is busy servicing the available engine.
Re: The Dangers In Long Distance Relationships by killsmith(f): 8:18pm On Oct 26, 2015
Oliviaarims:
Hmm..I'll soon be getting into a long distance relationship. Been wondering if things 'll continue to be fine.
nah.....it won't...you just adviced me on my thread....
Re: The Dangers In Long Distance Relationships by Nobody: 8:23pm On Oct 26, 2015
killsmith:
nah.....it won't...you just adviced me on my thread....
It's been perfect so far. A girl couldn't ask 4 more. So,I can't categorically decide now that it won't be fine.
Re: The Dangers In Long Distance Relationships by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 26, 2015
Cutehector:
lol like u havnt dumped a guy...

Naah I dnt think he did.. Why do u ask
Never dumped a guy b4...
Re: The Dangers In Long Distance Relationships by daxlasaint(m): 8:39pm On Oct 26, 2015
Oliviaarims:

I don dey. Jealous the lucky guy cry
Re: The Dangers In Long Distance Relationships by Cutehector(m): 8:47pm On Oct 26, 2015
Oliviaarims:

Never dumped a guy b4...
shocked what abt friendxoned?
Re: The Dangers In Long Distance Relationships by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 26, 2015
Cutehector:
shocked what abt friendxoned?
That's inevitable...
Re: The Dangers In Long Distance Relationships by Nobody: 10:21pm On Oct 26, 2015
daxlasaint:

I don dey. Jealous the lucky guy cry
Don't,joor.

1 Like

Re: The Dangers In Long Distance Relationships by naijaboiy: 11:46pm On Oct 26, 2015
Oliviaarims:

Pardon?
Re: The Dangers In Long Distance Relationships by naijaboiy: 11:50pm On Oct 26, 2015
You people are just here trying to discourage people. Allow them to make their choices for themselves. If long distance relationship cannot work for you it doesn't mean it won't be perfect for others.

People will just be bringing their own do's and dont's in relationships like there is a special book for it.

Mtcheew! undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Dangers In Long Distance Relationships by Nobody: 11:55pm On Oct 26, 2015
naijaboiy:

Pardon?
Go read the story again carefully nd see if there's any part that sounds like wah we ever discussed.
Re: The Dangers In Long Distance Relationships by naijaboiy: 12:09am On Oct 27, 2015
Oliviaarims:

Go read the story again carefully nd see if there's any part that sounds like wah we ever discussed.
Hehehe...I guess someone stole my lines grin
Re: The Dangers In Long Distance Relationships by Nobody: 2:55am On Oct 27, 2015
naijaboiy:

Hehehe...I guess someone stole my lines grin
Lol..so it seems.
Re: The Dangers In Long Distance Relationships by Johnnoah1st: 3:34am On Oct 27, 2015
veeluv2015:

Sometimes, our relationships fail without us having an idea about what went wrong. We feel so in love with someone and all of a sudden, that feeling disappears. We try to lie to ourselves that it’s still there but when we search deeper, we realize it left us a long time ago. What am I talking about here? Distance kills feelings slowly without us realizing it till there’s almost nothing you can do about it.

Of course they keep the communication line open, send gifts and cards to each other through courier, wire money through banks and all that but it can’t be the same as sitting next to each other and offering a shoulder when your partner needs one to cry on. There are times when certain things happen in our lives and we need someone very dear to us to look us in the eyes and tell us it’s going to be okay. What happens then? You might say thank God for the
am allergic to novels
Re: The Dangers In Long Distance Relationships by Cutehector(m): 3:44am On Oct 27, 2015
Oliviaarims:

That's inevitable...
lol just like d rest of dem
Re: The Dangers In Long Distance Relationships by Nobody: 3:57am On Oct 27, 2015
Cutehector:
lol just like d rest of dem
Hey,c'mon. A girl can only date one guy at a time. Ain't no way in the world she can date every guy that wants her.
Re: The Dangers In Long Distance Relationships by Cutehector(m): 4:02am On Oct 27, 2015
Oliviaarims:

Hey,c'mon. A girl can only date one guy at a time. Ain't no way in the world she can date every guy that wants her.
lipsrsealed
Re: The Dangers In Long Distance Relationships by Nobody: 4:49am On Oct 27, 2015
I'm in a long distance relationship right now and it's so hard sad but the feelings haven't diminished at all. I think they have grown stronger.
Re: The Dangers In Long Distance Relationships by veeluv2015(f): 3:03pm On Oct 27, 2015
Johnnoah1st:
am allergic to novels

u call this SHORT write up novel? bros wahala dey be that

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should I Go To Uk With Her Or Take The Job? Pls Advice / How Do You Tell Your Partner That You Cheated On Them? / Girls With The Most Juicy Pvssies On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.