Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,647 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] (38048 Views)

FREE Cover Letter Template For Job Seekers / Simple Tips To Create A Perfect Cover Letter Template For Your Job Search / FREE Cover Letter Template For Job Seekers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] by kelsidengkucio(m): 2:24pm On Oct 27, 2015
Your ending should be on the right and not on the left
Re: How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] by fpeter(f): 2:31pm On Oct 27, 2015
thanks OP
Re: How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] by MagnaB: 2:32pm On Oct 27, 2015
I have really gained a lot from you. Thanks, I appreciate
Re: How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] by XaintJoel20: 2:39pm On Oct 27, 2015
God bless you for this eye opener...
Re: How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] by agog: 2:45pm On Oct 27, 2015
Good cover letter there. I will write mine soon which I know will fetch me my dream job. Amen.
Re: How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] by FunmyKemmy(f): 2:47pm On Oct 27, 2015
Nice post. Very informative.
Re: How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] by OKorowanta: 2:53pm On Oct 27, 2015
Nice
Re: How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 27, 2015
Nature129:
OP, you've tried but I need to add a few things.

A. Ending with "Yours faithfully" and "Yours sincerely" depends on the opener. For example, you say "Yours faithfully" when you don't know the recipient's name (eg, Dear Sir/Ma, Dear Human Resource Manager, etc). Also, you use "Yours sincerely" when it is addressed to a known person in the company (eg, Dear Mr. Kunle, Dear Miss Ebele, etc)

B. I noticed that the conclusion is placed on the left and not right as you've shown.

My source is Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary. Check the hard middle page to see where they taught how to write CV, cover letters, proposal, etc.

Thanks

Although my question is not within the context of this post. I feel you can help me out here, if your invited for an interview is it proper to refer your interviewer as "Sir"/"Ma" or calling them by their real name? I asked becus you know how we Nigerians love oga / madam title !!
Re: How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] by superstar1(m): 2:56pm On Oct 27, 2015
Can you post a template of a catchy love letter too?
Re: How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] by awesome11(m): 3:23pm On Oct 27, 2015
Hysmady:
Am a lil tipsy...Tot I saw 'how to write a catchy lover letter' grin

Same here bro!

Great minds think alike....

1 Like

Re: How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] by vitality22(m): 3:38pm On Oct 27, 2015
This is so lovely
Re: How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] by Marvidbrain: 3:39pm On Oct 27, 2015
Very nice opinion thanks.
Re: How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] by chimexcomm(m): 3:44pm On Oct 27, 2015
Nature129:
OP, you've tried but I need to add a few things.

A. Ending with "Yours faithfully" and "Yours sincerely" depends on the opener. For example, you say "Yours faithfully" when you don't know the recipient's name (eg, Dear Sir/Ma, Dear Human Resource Manager, etc). Also, you use "Yours sincerely" when it is addressed to a known person in the company (eg, Dear Mr. Kunle, Dear Miss Ebele, etc)

B. I noticed that the conclusion is placed on the left and not right as you've shown.

My source is Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary. Check the hard middle page to see where they taught how to write CV, cover letters, proposal, etc.

Thanks
You just said it all. A modern cover letter also carry heading like a CV/resume with bold name and address instead of addressing it as part of the cover letter
Re: How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] by asha01: 3:51pm On Oct 27, 2015
kelsidengkucio:
Your ending should be on the right and not on the left

he used SEMI INDENTED style of letter writing
to the left will make this letter fully BLOCK style
Re: How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] by donem: 4:10pm On Oct 27, 2015
I think present day Nigeria, connection would be more beneficial to an employment seeker than this covering letter.
Re: How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] by gungab(m): 4:18pm On Oct 27, 2015
@op, please how will I add the company name and address since am always sending unsolicited resume.. thanks akinwandegabriel89@gmail.com
Re: How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] by Nature129(m): 4:29pm On Oct 27, 2015
Ezechinwa:

Although my question is not within the context of this post. I feel you can help me out here, if your invited for an interview is it proper to refer your interviewer as "Sir"/"Ma" or calling them by their real name? I asked becus you know how we Nigerians love oga / madam title !!

I must admit I am not a H.R professional, but I merely quoted a source I believe I could rely on anytime. Coming to your question, honestly, in African context, I feel interviewers would feel belittled if you call them by their names.

So, I would rather say "Sir/Ma." yes, I have always used it, and it has always worked for me. Some other person may have a different opinion though, but that's what I believe.

1 Like

Re: How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] by Joeace3000(m): 4:39pm On Oct 27, 2015
Getting a job is good, but experience has taught me being an entrepreneur invites employers

Are you looking to get over the fact that you are always short of cash for the best things in life?

Wouldn't you like to have a means of income where you don't have to run under the sun daily running to work or travelling the length and breadth of Nigeria to attend interview invitations?

What about getting a source of income to support your salary?

Join my fiverr introductory training on Nairaland here and learn how you can start earning legitimately from the internet on fiver.com today. Follow me there now..

The Nairaland Fiverr Free Training Thread
Re: How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] by Optionalx: 4:48pm On Oct 27, 2015
Nice
Re: How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] by Awolowo86: 5:07pm On Oct 27, 2015
From my experience, I will advice that you dont use the salutation Dear Sir, as some recruiters are gender sensitive, neither will using Sir/Ma save you, its becoming cliche. I will suggest you use other phrases such as Dear Recruiter (applies to either sexes) or Dear Recruiting Manager(Even if its a one man biz, you have succeeded in doing what we call EGO MASSAGE).
Just my two cents. . .

1 Like

Re: How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] by Mobi47(m): 5:15pm On Oct 27, 2015
Benjom
I want to understand this properly. you said, we should forget about the recipient's address and ours if the CL will not be attached and proceed from dear sir....down abi?
Re: How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] by AK481(m): 5:32pm On Oct 27, 2015
yorex2011:
Very ok... Just watch as people start asking for free sample grin grin.
Nigerian always wanting to be spoon-fed since 1941

you talk you laff.

madness don come be dat
Re: How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] by Smartresult(f): 6:02pm On Oct 27, 2015
vsearch for sasuwa blog
Re: How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] by simdam500(m): 6:23pm On Oct 27, 2015
yorex2011: Very ok... Just watch as people start asking for free sample grin grin.
Nigerian always wanting to be spoon-fed since 1941

That is not even the worst, with the already made template some still find it hard to fill up with their data... while some find it hard to search for template even shocked
Re: How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] by simdam500(m): 6:23pm On Oct 27, 2015
Brilliant cool
Re: How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] by obinnashady(m): 7:28pm On Oct 27, 2015
Hysmady:
Am a lil tipsy...Tot I saw 'how to write a catchy lover letter' grin
o ti ya werey
Re: How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 27, 2015
seriously i thoughtvthe op wanted to teach us how to write a love letters?
Re: How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] by pacespot(m): 9:52pm On Oct 27, 2015
Nice info, I cherish any informative thread, more of this on front page
Re: How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] by Femich18(m): 10:17pm On Oct 27, 2015
nice 1....OP...God bless u
Re: How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] by kayalla(f): 12:10am On Oct 28, 2015
tank u OP, this is kind of things we need here, information and not "see what Ini Edo is wearing"
Re: How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] by united101: 1:21am On Oct 28, 2015
You are not completely right, op. In american style, one can use sincerely, Sincerely Yours and Yours Truly. 10q)
Re: How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] by vicque(f): 1:27am On Oct 28, 2015
Op you are correct but I have an opinion... And yes I am in HR

I. If a job opening require you to send ONLY your cv. . . . For example send your CV to a particular email or the career portion of the company website. Just send CV alone. It's may be reviewed, selected and sorted by an intern (NYSC MEMBER, IT STUDENT) or the HR assistant, or admin staff.

2. When the application information clearly states that your should send in a Cover note or cover letter then you can do so. Or when sending an unsolicited application, a cover letter is then necessary.

3. When the application says send a passport photograph as an attachment ... Please do not send a selfie of you posing or smiling except if the application is that of maybe a radio station, media out fit.. or something pertaining to entertainment.

4. Every potential employer is unique and different... So do not dwell on WHAT your COVER LETTER or what your CV says you can do. Employers are looking for people (graduate and non graduate) who can solve the problems, create value, active listeners, intuitive and ready to make impact. That's why aptitude test, personality test and interviews are being done to sieve those who are

An advice to employment seeking graduate and non graduate alike ....

5. Do not let anyone belittle you because you are seeking paid employment.. Soldiers, policemen, teachers, drivers, TV presenters, factory workers, painters, bankers all work for people and government. Not every man is destined to be an entrepreneur or hustler. Keep on trying it will work out. Internet is your friend. Learn more. Don't give up and keep calling on your God. (whichever one you serve).

6. Entrepreneurs need people also to bring their dream to reality . So if your attitude is I CAN'T WORK FOR ANYBODY MENTALITY .... Then why should anybody come and work for you when you have established yourself?

Money isn't the ultimate.

In life, people will have SOME.......
And in this life people will have MORE.....
But together we both have SOME~MORE..

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CBN Is Recruiting? / What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? / Dragnet oil and gas company Aptitude Test may 2012 @ Port harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.