Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,675 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] (38049 Views)

FREE Cover Letter Template For Job Seekers / Simple Tips To Create A Perfect Cover Letter Template For Your Job Search / FREE Cover Letter Template For Job Seekers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] by FELIX30(m): 8:11am On Oct 28, 2015
vicque:
Op you are correct but I have an opinion... And yes I am in HR

I. If a job opening require you to send ONLY your cv. . . . For example send your CV to a particular email or the career portion of the company website. Just send CV alone. It's may be reviewed, selected and sorted by an intern (NYSC MEMBER, IT STUDENT) or the HR assistant, or admin staff.

2. When the application information clearly states that your should send in a Cover note or cover letter then you can do so. Or when sending an unsolicited application, a cover letter is then necessary.

3. When the application says send a passport photograph as an attachment ... Please do not send a selfie of you posing or smiling except if the application is that of maybe a radio station, media out fit.. or something pertaining to entertainment.

4. Every potential employer is unique and different... So do not dwell on WHAT your COVER LETTER or what your CV says you can do. Employers are looking for people (graduate and non graduate) who can solve the problems, create value, active listeners, intuitive and ready to make impact. That's why aptitude test, personality test and interviews are being done to sieve those who are

An advice to employment seeking graduate and non graduate alike ....

5. Do not let anyone belittle you because you are seeking paid employment.. Soldiers, policemen, teachers, drivers, TV presenters, factory workers, painters, bankers all work for people and government. Not every man is destined to be an entrepreneur or hustler. Keep on trying it will work out. Internet is your friend. Learn more. Don't give up and keep calling on your God. (whichever one you serve).

6. Entrepreneurs need people also to bring their dream to reality . So if your attitude is I CAN'T WORK FOR ANYBODY MENTALITY .... Then why should anybody come and work for you when you have established yourself?

Money isn't the ultimate.

In life, people will have SOME.......
And in this life people will have MORE.....
But together we both have SOME~MORE..

I love this!!! It's wonderful
Re: How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] by gr8david(m): 11:02pm On Oct 28, 2015
9s one op
Re: How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] by Benjom(m): 5:59pm On Oct 29, 2015
Adesiji77:
Nice thread...well done OP

Cc: lalasticlala

Thanks man
Re: How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] by Benjom(m): 1:32pm On Jan 07, 2016
vicque:
Op you are correct but I have an opinion... And yes I am in HR

I. If a job opening require you to send ONLY your cv. . . . For example send your CV to a particular email or the career portion of the company website. Just send CV alone. It's may be reviewed, selected and sorted by an intern (NYSC MEMBER, IT STUDENT) or the HR assistant, or admin staff.

2. When the application information clearly states that your should send in a Cover note or cover letter then you can do so. Or when sending an unsolicited application, a cover letter is then necessary.

3. When the application says send a passport photograph as an attachment ... Please do not send a selfie of you posing or smiling except if the application is that of maybe a radio station, media out fit.. or something pertaining to entertainment.

4. Every potential employer is unique and different... So do not dwell on WHAT your COVER LETTER or what your CV says you can do. Employers are looking for people (graduate and non graduate) who can solve the problems, create value, active listeners, intuitive and ready to make impact. That's why aptitude test, personality test and interviews are being done to sieve those who are

An advice to employment seeking graduate and non graduate alike ....

5. Do not let anyone belittle you because you are seeking paid employment.. Soldiers, policemen, teachers, drivers, TV presenters, factory workers, painters, bankers all work for people and government. Not every man is destined to be an entrepreneur or hustler. Keep on trying it will work out. Internet is your friend. Learn more. Don't give up and keep calling on your God. (whichever one you serve).

6. Entrepreneurs need people also to bring their dream to reality . So if your attitude is I CAN'T WORK FOR ANYBODY MENTALITY .... Then why should anybody come and work for you when you have established yourself?

Money isn't the ultimate.

In life, people will have SOME.......
And in this life people will have MORE.....
But together we both have SOME~MORE..

Thanks for your helpful input Vicque
Re: How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] by Benjom(m): 11:16am On Jan 08, 2016
gr8david:
9s one op
... glad it's helpful.
Re: How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] by Benjom(m): 1:59pm On Jan 20, 2016
XaintJoel20:
God bless you for this eye opener...

...and God bless you too.
Re: How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] by Benjom(m): 5:22pm On Jul 05, 2016
Horlawoom:
Very informative, thanks OP.
Re: How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] by Benjom(m): 8:48am On Aug 17, 2016
If you need help with writing your Cover Letter or CV, don't hesitate to contact me:

http://.com/cv-samples/

You'll be glad you did.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CBN Is Recruiting? / What Has Become Of The NNPC Recruitment? / Dragnet oil and gas company Aptitude Test may 2012 @ Port harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.