Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,982 members, 7,828,476 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

6 Mistakes Nigerian Men Make When It Comes To Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 6 Mistakes Nigerian Men Make When It Comes To Marriage (804 Views)

Men Make Love With Their Wives And Have Sex With Their Girlfriends - Reno Omokri / "When It Comes To Women, Nigerian Men Are The Kings Of Africa" - South African / The 6 Mistakes Men Make When Approaching A Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Mistakes Nigerian Men Make When It Comes To Marriage by Realwvn(m): 8:18am On Oct 27, 2015
Men, your marriage is the best it can possibly be, right? Well, maybe. But if you’re like lots of couples, you find it all too easy to put everything and everyone else first and take each other for granted.

Unless you become aware of your own hurtful attitudes or actions — so that you can correct them — your chances of staying in love ’til death do you part are close to zero. Not to worry, though — you can easily get back on track by watching out for these 5 common mistakes:

1. You spend money without consulting your wife

Making big purchases such as buying a car without first consulting your wife is a huge no-no. Why? Consciously or unconsciously, men frequently assign themselves the leadership role in the relationship. That, too, is a mistake. A couple’s relationship is a shared leadership position.

2. Can a selfish lover return the favor?

In the bedroom, men forget – or, worse, haven’t figured out – that their wives often need more than they do to get turned on. Affection, making her feel loved and needed — that’s basic for her to feel aroused. Turning a woman on begins well before the lights go down. Men perceive sex as a sufficient means of being close, of having a connection. But women want a connection prior to having sex.

3. You’re hearing but you’re not listening

Listening does not mean nodding along as your wife explains what is bothering her, all the while thinking up ways to fix the problem. What she most often wants is to talk things out, and she wants you to be actively engaged in the conversation, not by trying to be the hero and save the day, but by demonstrating an interest in what she is saying and caring about what she is experiencing emotionally. This is not passive. Listening to establish a connection is an active process.

4. Keeping those feelings on lockdown

Listening to your wife talk about her feelings is essential. So is talking about your own. Many men, however, think they need to hide their feelings or risk being seen as weak. That’s a mistake. Not sharing your emotions can be a real downer for your wife. The woman feels like she’s missing a close connection that she wants with her husband. When he’s withdrawn, she feels like he is leaving her. Growing up, a man learns that he can’t let others know when he’s scared. But opening up is taking a risk, and that takes courage.

5. Going on a power trip.

Being a man does not mean being in charge – many men don’t get that. For instance, you may try to get what you want by being dominant. But it’s not about making demands or trying to overpower her. Women will pull away from that. The “power position” that men often put themselves in essentially negates the relationship, which must be reciprocal, supportive, and caring.

6. Add Yours

http://www.naijanewsrave.com/6-mistakes-nigerian-men-make-when-it-comes-to-marriage/

Re: 6 Mistakes Nigerian Men Make When It Comes To Marriage by MISSNORA(f): 8:19am On Oct 27, 2015
U ryt tho
Re: 6 Mistakes Nigerian Men Make When It Comes To Marriage by falconey(m): 8:19am On Oct 27, 2015
hmmmm
Re: 6 Mistakes Nigerian Men Make When It Comes To Marriage by Rapsodee(m): 8:21am On Oct 27, 2015
Nice points but lemme add...
6.Not allowing your ambitious wife to work even when your own salary alone can't feed and take care of the whole family.This is common as some husbands turn their wives into housemaids telling her to be cooking and taking care of the family although if the salary is sufficient I see nothing wrong with it.

7.Getting arrogant and self centered when a large sum money is in your hands by doing whatever you want with it and then coming low and seeking her attention when you are broke.

8.Not attending to the sexual need of your wife I think that's self explanatory.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Mistakes Nigerian Men Make When It Comes To Marriage by Realwvn(m): 8:24am On Oct 27, 2015
Lalasticlala can we get this to fp?
Re: 6 Mistakes Nigerian Men Make When It Comes To Marriage by OObahiagbon: 8:26am On Oct 27, 2015
Ok

Re: 6 Mistakes Nigerian Men Make When It Comes To Marriage by Zeedarh(f): 8:28am On Oct 27, 2015
Not showing enough care when she's pregnant

1 Like

Re: 6 Mistakes Nigerian Men Make When It Comes To Marriage by Rapsodee(m): 8:40am On Oct 27, 2015
Zeedarh:
Not showing enough care when she is belle full
Re: 6 Mistakes Nigerian Men Make When It Comes To Marriage by CountDracula(m): 8:45am On Oct 27, 2015
Hmmm... Dis is where dey tell me dat I'm not a good enof husband... And dey throw accusations at u without considering d kind of person u are. Hmmm. How can u tell me to sit and be listening to everythng she's saying? Does she listen to everythng I say? I understand u mean well but seriously I'm tired of all dis advice, it always makes one couple feel like dey are not good enof and dats bulllshit. Cos we are not meant to be perfect as husbands... She has her own side of shitloadss and I have mine, if we can stil be together after realizin our insufficiencies den I'm good wit dat and she is too. Its all dis advice and counselling dats makin women feel like men aren't good enof and dey need to be better and there are better men out there and den dey look for a lawyer and divorce and den find anoda man and d same circle all over again...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Mistakes Nigerian Men Make When It Comes To Marriage by Zeedarh(f): 8:46am On Oct 27, 2015
[quote author=Rapsodee post=39403706][/quote] shocked shocked shocked
Re: 6 Mistakes Nigerian Men Make When It Comes To Marriage by Rapsodee(m): 9:20am On Oct 27, 2015
Zeedarh:
shocked shocked shocked
Lol..awayu dear wink
Re: 6 Mistakes Nigerian Men Make When It Comes To Marriage by Zeedarh(f): 9:25am On Oct 27, 2015
Rapsodee:
Lol..awayu dear wink
im gud. Awayu too ?
Re: 6 Mistakes Nigerian Men Make When It Comes To Marriage by Rapsodee(m): 10:00am On Oct 27, 2015
Zeedarh:
im gud. Awayu too ?
am cool,.u don resume?

(1) (Reply)

Are Black Men With Bling Wealthy? / Yemi Alade Finally Falls Prey !! / These 5 Types Of Girls Are Time Wasters-flee!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.