Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,307 members, 7,829,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Mrs Ayoka Adebayo - Signing Her Shame Warrant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mrs Ayoka Adebayo - Signing Her Shame Warrant (705 Views)

Ayoka Lawani, PDP Member Defects To APC!! / Zahra Buhari Leaves Twitter In Shame Or Anger? / Oshiomhole Signs Death Warrant Of Unmanageable Death Row Inmates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mrs Ayoka Adebayo - Signing Her Shame Warrant by blacksta(m): 3:02pm On May 06, 2009
Re: Mrs Ayoka Adebayo - Signing Her Shame Warrant by blacksta(m): 3:03pm On May 06, 2009
ole , ole ole ole ole o le ole eeeeeeeeeeeee grin
Re: Mrs Ayoka Adebayo - Signing Her Shame Warrant by Kobojunkie: 3:17pm On May 06, 2009
Ekiti needs to demand answers from this Woman. Ekiti needs to take her to cour, sue her for withholding information from them; for perpetuating election fraud(if it is the case) after claiming she was against it in the first place.

Calling her names in a chat forum is not going to help!
Re: Mrs Ayoka Adebayo - Signing Her Shame Warrant by blacksta(m): 3:33pm On May 06, 2009
wetin else man go do - i am about 3500 miles away - i am seriously considering funding a rebel group
Re: Mrs Ayoka Adebayo - Signing Her Shame Warrant by Kobojunkie: 3:41pm On May 06, 2009
You can put that money into better use, IMHO, by funding a group that will take this case and treat it as it would have been if it were out here in the West. Sue her for information. Sue her and make it about her and how she reneged on pledge to the Ekiti people. With proper backing, you could raise hell for her and potentially for INEC as a whole, so that we would at least avoid a repeat of this in Ekiti.
Re: Mrs Ayoka Adebayo - Signing Her Shame Warrant by las240s(m): 4:19pm On May 06, 2009
she obviously did not think of her children,integrity ,name and decentdant b4 signing her deathg warrant
Re: Mrs Ayoka Adebayo - Signing Her Shame Warrant by fyneguy: 7:20pm On May 06, 2009
For once, I agree with kobojunkie. This woman should be sued.

Kobojunkie, can u be my lawyer? wink
Re: Mrs Ayoka Adebayo - Signing Her Shame Warrant by bawomolo(m): 7:47pm On May 06, 2009
I don't think she can be sued. 

The opposition can only petition the election results.  Her employer (the FG) is probably the only one that can sue her for not performing her responsibilities.
Re: Mrs Ayoka Adebayo - Signing Her Shame Warrant by bawomolo(m): 7:55pm On May 06, 2009
watching the vid, i feel bad for the poor senile woman.

ole ole ole ole. she don steal our vote grin grin
Re: Mrs Ayoka Adebayo - Signing Her Shame Warrant by Kobojunkie: 7:56pm On May 06, 2009
This is not about the opposition suing her. This is about the people suing her for not doing the job she promised she would do for them. She was the INEC officer in charge of ensuring this election went according to RULE OF LAW and so I see no reason why she cannot be sued for not delivering.
Re: Mrs Ayoka Adebayo - Signing Her Shame Warrant by bawomolo(m): 8:00pm On May 06, 2009
Kobojunkie:

This is not about the opposition suing her. This is about the people suing her for not doing the job she promised she would do for them. She was the INEC officer in charge of ensuring this election went according to RULE OF LAW  and so I see no reason why she cannot be sued for not delivering.

the problem is how do you prove she is DIRECTLY responsible for election malpractice.  I doubt such a case would hold in court.  Mrs Adebayo wasn't the one stuffing ballot boxes, amputating the leg of a police officer and beating up reporters.

The best thing to do would be for the opposition to petition the election of the results and then Ekiti INEC is investigated.

I won't be surprised if Mrs.Adebayo has constitutional protection. she can easily argue she did the best she could do.
Re: Mrs Ayoka Adebayo - Signing Her Shame Warrant by Kobojunkie: 8:07pm On May 06, 2009
bawomolo:

the problem is how do you prove she is DIRECTLY responsible for election malpractice. I doubt such a case would hold in court. Mrs Adebayo wasn't the one stuffing ballot boxes, amputating the leg of a police officer and beating up reporters.

Well, you have to understand that this case is not to prove that she did or did not stuff the boxes herself but to use what is known to show that the results she announced are not the actual results from the election. What do we know( well, from what was reported and claims made by her own people) so far
a) The Ballots from the one area were destroyed
b) There is a claim that new ballots were put together at the police station by the Police officer in charge
c) When the claimed fake ballots arrived, they were not signed by INEC officials and so are not to be considered valid according to INEC rules

You can easily make this a case where she now has to prove how after all that and no do over in the LGA, she was able to come up with a final result which she presented.

bawomolo:

The best thing to do would be for the opposition to petition the election of the results and then Ekiti INEC is investigated.

I won't be surprised if Mrs.Adebayo has constitutional protection. she can easily argue she did the best she could do.
What opposition are you speaking of here? AC? Are you still making this an AC vs PDP fight? Did she not mention that she was also threatened by the AC group? She can argue she did the best but was her best in line with RULE OF LAW or even INEC rules?
Re: Mrs Ayoka Adebayo - Signing Her Shame Warrant by bawomolo(m): 8:14pm On May 06, 2009
What opposition are you speaking of here? AC? Are you still making this an AC vs PDP fight? Did she not mention that she was also threatened by the AC group? She can argue she did the best but was her best in line with RULE OF LAW or even INEC rules?

true and that is why a Civil suit against her would most likely crumble.

she would win the case if she had a good lawyer. All she has to claim is she was forced to announce a result regardless of how flawed it was and that pressure from both sides complicated her job. You can fire her for underperforming but you can't do anything else. I still say an election tribunal is the best move.
Re: Mrs Ayoka Adebayo - Signing Her Shame Warrant by CyberG: 8:37pm On May 06, 2009
Anyone still waiting for the 'GOVERNMENT' to get any information about why she initally resigned and who are the 'PEOPLE' behind it??

I said it then. . ."The more you look the less you see". . .but well when the 'DETAILS' are finally released, please wake me up to read it. . .in case I miss it. What a shame of a nation! sad sad

blacksta:

wetin else man go do - i am about 3500 miles away - i am seriously considering funding a rebel group

Kobojunkie:

You can put that money into better use, IMHO, by funding a group that will take this case and treat it as it would have been if it were out here in the West. Sue her for information. Sue her and make it about her and how she reneged on pledge to the Ekiti people. With proper backing, you could raise hell for her and potentially for INEC as a whole, so that we would at least avoid a repeat of this in Ekiti.

@Blacksta. . .

Gosh. . .I am even more miles away. . .but you are not alone in your thinking. . .

@ Kobokunkie. . .

Sadly suing this woman in Nigeria will NEVER fly. . .you know why? The 'GOVERNMENT'. . .is already at the court where the case will be DECIDED and if the worst came to the very worst. . .you think any 'spoiler' will be left breathing?? And guess what. . .the case will NEVER be resolved. . .much like all the cases we know today.
Re: Mrs Ayoka Adebayo - Signing Her Shame Warrant by Kobojunkie: 8:52pm On May 06, 2009
bawomolo:

true and that is why a Civil suit against her would most likely crumble.

she would win the case if she had a good lawyer. All she has to claim is she was forced to announce a result regardless of how flawed it was and that pressure from both sides complicated her job. You can fire her for underperforming but you can't do anything else. I still say an election tribunal is the best move.

Well, if she claims she was forced, a good lawyer would demand she at least inform us of the persons involved. This is what we are after anyways.
Here is one thing I know about this. No one wants to be sued. The stress alone could kill her but if it will get information from her, which is what we need in all this. If she implicates someone else, we go after that person and set them against each other anyway we can.
Sitting back and doing nothing, we may never really know
1) Who threatened her in the first place. She claimed AC or PDP members but we have no idea what particular people were involved. Those involved are likely in positions of power or might be planning to get into those soonest. Don’t you think it makes sense to know of those now so we can derail their plans now?
2) If, of her own volition, she decided to announce these results anyway.  There are already rumours that she was forced to announce the results, which I find to be preposterous, by the way. What if she got paid to announce the result- paid off with tax payer’s money too? Would you not want to know?
3) How much impact our suing her would have had.

Election Tribunal? Has that ever worked in the past?
Re: Mrs Ayoka Adebayo - Signing Her Shame Warrant by Kobojunkie: 8:54pm On May 06, 2009
CyberG:

@ Kobokunkie. . .

Sadly suing this woman in Nigeria will NEVER fly. . .you know why? The 'GOVERNMENT'. . .is already at the court where the case will be DECIDED and if the worst came to the very worst. . .you think any 'spoiler' will be left breathing?? And guess what. . .the case will NEVER be resolved. . .much like all the cases we know today.

If you are never willing to do anything because you believe "THE GOVERNMENT" is all powerful, why bother whinning about "THE GOVERNMENT"? This is sort of like whinning and blaming all one's problems on God, when one is not willing to confront the problems or even God.
Re: Mrs Ayoka Adebayo - Signing Her Shame Warrant by CyberG: 9:43pm On May 06, 2009
Kobojunkie:

If you are never willing to do anything because you believe "THE GOVERNMENT" is all powerful, why bother whinning about "THE GOVERNMENT"? This is sort of like whinning and blaming all one's problems on God, when one is not willing to confront the problems or even God.

What is the "whining" comment about. . .me? You? You're already taking it personal and already bringing "God", "blame", "whine" into this discussion? You should read my post and my point is unambiguous. . .so, don't distort it. . .stay on the issue. . .my post it is there for ALL to see. Didn't you read my post in agreement with Blacksta's "consideration"? I agree there are is little I can do physically from here. . .much like most Nigerians abroad and some at home. . .but continuing a CONVERSATION on issues can NOT be described as you mentioned: "never willing to do anything".

In case you still don't get it, and you should because we are not talking about some other western countries here, the PEOPLE (party) who just ROBBED this election away is "THE GOVERNMENT". . .synonym for the PDP. . .the party that controls the "NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT". You may argue that if you like and whoever wishes can take that up with you.

So, you are suggesting suing the woman for announcing a result she was coerced/influenced to announce by the PDP? Which court will hear the case in Nigeria and do JUSTICE like that done with the case of Yaradua and others too numerous to list. . .especially when the President has GREAT INTEREST in the outcome of the case? (I admit some cases have been decided and hailed by Nigerians as fair but how many times has any court in NIGERIA decided a case heavily influenced by a sitting President. . .now add an overly-corrupted Attorney General. . .ever gotten any JUSTICE and FAIRNESS?). Is there anyone that is not aware of that. . .otherwise. . .state a precedent case in NIGERIA.

My point: the "GOVERNMENT" (PDP) will not and can not ask the woman to spill any information and suing the woman is an exercise in futility. . .because, by the "books", she did "her job". She is appointed and not elected. . .and she reports to someone. . .who reports to the President. She may be subpoenaed to "talk" in some western country but in Nigeria? Let's wait and see.
Re: Mrs Ayoka Adebayo - Signing Her Shame Warrant by Kobojunkie: 10:10pm On May 06, 2009
CyberG:

What is the "whining" comment about. . .me? You? You're already taking it personal and already bringing "God", "blame", "whine" into this discussion? You should read my post and my point is unambiguous. . .so, don't distort it. . .stay on the issue. . .my post it is there for ALL to see. Didn't you read my post in agreement with Blacksta's "consideration"? I agree there are is little I can do physically from here. . .much like most Nigerians abroad and some at home. . .but continuing a CONVERSATION on issues can NOT be described as you mentioned: "never willing to do anything".

Roflmao!!!

The whining comment was to the fact that you and I and everyone else in Nigeria complains each day about the situation. We whine about how the situation is bad, but when I ask that we do something about it, you come back with  the “IT WILL NOT WORK BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT Will NEVER LET IT WORK EXCUSE” sort of like the excuse people who blame God for all their woes give when told to do something about their situation. They come back with the “GOD CONTROLS EVERYTHING SO ANYTHING I DO WILL BE FOR NOTHING SINCE GOD WILL NOT LET IT WORK” excuse.

Do not take what I type to be about you as I am well aware I do not know you and can not speak for your person.

;DRoflmao!!

CyberG:

In case you still don't get it, and you should because we are not talking about some other western countries here, the PEOPLE (party) who just ROBBED this election away is "THE GOVERNMENT". . .synonym for the PDP. . .the party that controls the "NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT". You may argue that if you like and whoever wishes can take that up with you.

We are not saying the same thing at all @CyberG. The Government in my opinion is made up of the People and the politicians( AC and PDP alike). We were not robbed by the PDP party alone but we set ourselves up to be robbed. We were busy rejoicing in our new found heroine without waiting to ensure that she finished the job or we had the control we needed before doing so. 

Like I mentioned on another thread, I do not subscribe to your Government controls everything ideology. I never have and never will.

CyberG:

So, you are suggesting suing the woman for announcing a result she was coerced/influenced to announce by the PDP?

Again, we are not on the same page and so cannot be expected to see this the same way. I am saying we sue a woman who had all the power and authority to announce the right results but blatantly refused to from the start. Now you assume she was coerced /influenced by the PDP?  Sigh!!!

Here is something to ponder. What if she had expected PDP to win from the get go but when she saw the results were against PDP, she decided to jump out as she was not willing to be the one to announce victory for the other side. What if she decided to step aside, playing the “good Christian and Nigerian with a conscience” card ( knowing Nigerians love people who play that card), which conveniently allowed her to get off without need to tell us all exactly what went down, as she knew she would Nigerians rarely ask questions of their Heros. What if she resigned the way she did to buy her side time to figure out how best to approach announcing that PDP won instead of AC without risking violent revolts from the people that weekend?

CyberG:

Which court will hear the case in Nigeria and do JUSTICE like that done with the case of Yaradua and others too numerous to list. . .especially when the President has GREAT INTEREST in the outcome of the case? (I admit some cases have been decided and hailed by Nigerians as fair but how many times has any court in NIGERIA decided a case heavily influenced by a sitting President. . .now add an overly-corrupted Attorney General. . .ever gotten any JUSTICE and FAIRNESS?). Is there anyone that is not aware of that. . .otherwise. . .state a precedent case in NIGERIA.

How many times have Nigerians actually taken any such case to court? How many?

CyberG:

My point: the "GOVERNMENT" (PDP) will not and can not ask the woman to spill any information and suing the woman is an exercise in futility. . .because, by the "books", she did "her job". She is appointed and not elected. . .and she reports to someone. . .who reports to the President. She may be subpoenaed to "talk" in some western country but in Nigeria? Let's wait and see.

My point is still that I do not agree with you as I believe this is not about the PDP whom you seem to think has all the power, but about the people getting their head in and waking up to realize they are part of “THE GOVERNMENT”. Nuzo asks some interesting questions you should consider answering here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-269481.0.html.
Re: Mrs Ayoka Adebayo - Signing Her Shame Warrant by CyberG: 10:50pm On May 06, 2009
@Kobojunkie. . .

It is okay to have differences of opinion. . .otherwise the back and forth will continue ad-infinitum.
Re: Mrs Ayoka Adebayo - Signing Her Shame Warrant by Nobody: 11:30pm On May 06, 2009
The woman has done her bit, what we make of it is entirely up to us.

To vilify this woman is to send a wrong signal to those who have ambition to challenge the Status quo and stand for the truth. This woman was clearly bullied . . . . and maybe succumbed to pressure when it became clear that resources available to her and our institution may not support her to fight the establisment.

We can either challenge the drama of the last few days or spend more time making mockery of Mrs Adebayo thereby sowing the seeds of hopelessness.

I think the opposition should go to court and querry why:
1. Why  A result that was illegitimate and lead to Mrs Adebayo's resignation became legitimate after IGP declared her wanted, NSA accused her of treason, Information Minister accused her of partisan politics and the President rejected her resignation.

2. Why Ido/Osi result which is reported to have been collated in the police station rather than at the collation centre could allowed to stand even though the margin and turnout is ridiculously inconsistent with what was seen on the ground and the pattern of every other election.

3. Why the Ido/Osi result could stand even though there has been alleged manipulation by 15,000 votes, the electoral monitors on the ground did not initially sign the electoral collation papers, and there are reports of INEC official stationed in Ido/Osi who were bribed.

4. The opposition should also demand a re-run election in Ido/Osi LGA as the only way to solve the dispute.

All of this should be done with the hope of Mrs Adebayo being called to court for cross examination and with the hope she will co-operate.

No need to villify the woman, she could have gone ahead to announce this result in other not to usurp the court and may be not arrogate herself the of responsibility of both that of the Judge and the Witness.

Finally like I said, I believe the woman has done her  bit by initially raising an alarm . . . . . what we make of it  . . . .and how we react to the situation in the larger context of our aspiration as a Nation is entirely up to us.
If we are waiting for Mrs Adebayo to call a press conference and say the Vice President tried to bribe her and Mr so so and so did this or did that before we exploit the life line then we are simply not ready to get anywhere.

Our problems will not be solved in one day by some messiah, we have to make little by little pragmatist advances in other to get anywhere.
Re: Mrs Ayoka Adebayo - Signing Her Shame Warrant by sosisi(f): 11:33pm On May 06, 2009
You people should leave her alone.
Is it because she's a woman ?
abeg!
Re: Mrs Ayoka Adebayo - Signing Her Shame Warrant by AloyEmeka9: 11:38pm On May 06, 2009
@Osisi
Nwanyi aha jooro njo nke ukwu biko.
Re: Mrs Ayoka Adebayo - Signing Her Shame Warrant by bawomolo(m): 12:44am On May 07, 2009
$osisi:

You people should leave her alone.
Is it because she's a woman ?
abeg!

who cares about her gender?
Re: Mrs Ayoka Adebayo - Signing Her Shame Warrant by 9ja4eva: 5:56am On May 07, 2009
I am disappointed in that woman.AC should not accept the result.This is rubbish.

UNACCEPTABLE
Re: Mrs Ayoka Adebayo - Signing Her Shame Warrant by Nobody: 10:22am On May 07, 2009
Let us take it easy on the woman. I agree that she gave up too soon, but again she has started something that might lead to the revolution we are looking for.

We have never heard it in this country that someone of that calibre made the kind of attempt she made. She started, but could not finish. ANOTHER is coming who will learn from her mistakes and fight it to the end.

They called her to Abuja, and when she came back the story changed.

That reminds of OBJs visit to Anambra in 2006. The President found it very very necessary and of outmost importance to hold a CLOSED door meeting with our the State House of Assembly. The house of assembly were if not all mostly members of the PDP.

Two weeks later, the governor was impeached by 5.00am in Asaba Delta State. Ofcourse, the governor went to court and got the judgement in his favour and that of Anambra people.

It is obvious that PDP has once more stolen the peoples mandate; even if Oni won the election, they should avoid the doubt that is already raised in our hearts.

Fayemi should go to court. There is enough evidence.

As for the woman, now that they have used her, they will soon dump her.

(1) (Reply)

Re-branding: Ministry Inagurates Websites / National Assembly Is No Longer Safe! / Mass Break-out From Nigeria Jail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.