Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,409 members, 7,812,211 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

Is There Any Reason To Divorce??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Any Reason To Divorce??? (625 Views)

Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira. / Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? / Anita Oyakhilome Opens Up After Divorce Tale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Reason To Divorce??? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 27, 2015
A have a friend who has been married for about 3 years now. His family is blessed with a baby girl who is about 2 years now; the delivery was through operation because the wife has fibroid. The production of their baby cost my guys real bad, he spent about 1M because of his wife’s health condition.
My guy have been complaining bitterly about his wife and is willing to do away with her. Each time we meet he will give one complain or the other;

“My wife refuses to cook just because my sister lives with us”
“My wife doesn’t pray and refuse to attend the same church with me. She prefers to attend Catholic Church every Sunday”
“She disrespects me”

I know the wife is not meeting up in her duties as a wife but I think my friend is been influenced by his elder brother who is a divorcee.

Now here comes my question;

Is there any reason why he should divorce his wife as a Christian other than adultery?
Am not sure they were married in the Church but if that is the case can he divorce her?
Re: Is There Any Reason To Divorce??? by iliyande(m): 4:15pm On Oct 27, 2015
yes/no,

at time divorce does not mean you don't love your wife anymore, but it teach her some lesson which was not taught when she was still in her parents house.

a friend of mine sent his wife away for about two months, trust me when they reconcile those useless characters vanished. She is now the most respectful wife to him.

my advise:

tell your friend to bear with his wife. that's part of challenges in marriage today. embarassed I dislike stubborn wife though

it is not every family's issue he suppose to discuss with you. wink

young guys nowadays are after boob/boot as criteria for marriage grin
Re: Is There Any Reason To Divorce??? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 27, 2015
iliyande:
yes

Yes what
pls explain
Re: Is There Any Reason To Divorce??? by ajasbaba(m): 4:17pm On Oct 27, 2015
NO,

WHERE YOU BLIND,DEAF,DUMB WHEN YOU SAID I DO TO HER.
Re: Is There Any Reason To Divorce??? by babseg(m): 4:18pm On Oct 27, 2015
jeffucee10:
A have a friend who has been married for about 3 years now. His family is blessed with a baby girl who is about 2 years now; the delivery was through operation because the wife has fibroid. The production of their baby cost my guys real bad, he spent about 1M do to the wife’s health condition.
My guy have been complaining bitterly about his wife and is willing to do away with her. Each time we meet he will give one complain or the other;

“My wife refuses to cook just because my sister lives with us”
“My wife doesn’t pray and refuse to attend the same church with me. She prefers to attend Catholic Church every Sunday”
“She disrespects me”

I know the wife is not meeting up in her duties as a wife but I think my friend is been influenced by his elder brother who is a divorcee.

Now here comes my question;

Is there any reason why he should divorce his wife as a Christian other than adultery?
Am not sure they were married in the Church but if that is the case can he divorce her?

For Christians you cant be encouraged to divorce. But im not happy because your friend spent 1m whatever due to her birth complications. the only problem i see here is disrespectful which no man likes
Re: Is There Any Reason To Divorce??? by donTbone(m): 4:24pm On Oct 27, 2015
outside infidelity.. scripturally no reason will he have to divorce.
Afterall, That's what marriage is all about!
Re: Is There Any Reason To Divorce??? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 27, 2015
donTbone:
outside infidelity.. scripturally no reason will he have to divorce.
Afterall, That's what marriage is all about!

what if they were not properly married, as in no church wedding only bride price things...?
Re: Is There Any Reason To Divorce??? by iliyande(m): 4:29pm On Oct 27, 2015
jeffucee10:

Yes what
pls explain
edited
Re: Is There Any Reason To Divorce??? by babseg(m): 4:29pm On Oct 27, 2015
jeffucee10:

what if they were not properly married, as in no church wedding only bride price things...?

i think u r looking for a loop hole to help your friend divorce. once the consent of both parents were given for them to get married the have just fulfilled the scripture. all the church wedding is just a ceremony
Re: Is There Any Reason To Divorce??? by donTbone(m): 4:33pm On Oct 27, 2015
jeffucee10:

As far as am concerned, the guy made comment on church going or not.
So far there is copulation, that's enough oath to bind them!
Re: Is There Any Reason To Divorce??? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 27, 2015
babseg:

i think u r looking for a loop hole to help your friend divorce. once the consent of both parents were given for them to get married the have just fulfilled the scripture. all the church wedding is just a ceremony

well I am not looking for a loop hole but trying to get good reason for him not to divorce his wife. The truth is that if they are not married before God then they are not yet husband and wife.... just concubines .....my opinion though ....
Re: Is There Any Reason To Divorce??? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 27, 2015
[quote author=donTbone post=39419181]
As far as am concerned, the guy made comment on church going or not.
So far there is copulation, that's enough oath to bind them![/quote

Does this means that every woman you bleep automatically becomes your wife, if yes then who is a concubine??
Re: Is There Any Reason To Divorce??? by donTbone(m): 4:49pm On Oct 27, 2015
jeffucee10:

lol guy you funny ooooo!!! Copulation...
That's the best word that came to my mind not to make it vulgar wink

(1) (Reply)

Was Sin A Necessary Evil??? / 7 Stunning Bible Facts About Bride Price / The Two Things, Destroying The World Today!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.