Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,531 members, 7,816,297 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? (21906 Views)

How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only / See The Food A Couple Served Their Guests At Their White Wedding In Benue(pic) / My Traditional And White Wedding With Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by spikedcylinder: 12:49pm On May 07, 2009
charminme:

With guest of 150 in number,
and a white wedding not just traditional
it is not possible, except,
u will use ur compound for the reception,
ur mom as the caterer,
no alcohol and no juice but more of pure water and zobo
and may be ur uncle is the owner of the rental shop

So go for a low key wedding and i guess u will be fine grin

LOL! grin grin grin
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by charminme(f): 12:56pm On May 07, 2009
@ spike,
why the laugh!!!!
just said my mind
the things that do take money in wedding
is the hall and food/drinks

Cos he still have to takia of the wife needs VERY IMPORTANT from head to toe wat she will wear is on him
so guys go and button up to marry no be small thing
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by izeek(m): 1:21pm On May 07, 2009
most times its the expectation of the brides family that brings about all this expenses.
they either want a glamourous wedding that friends wud talk about,
or are inviting the wholeworld because them daughter wan marry.
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by Akolawole(m): 1:48pm On May 07, 2009
I think we have problem in nigeria.

It depend on your taste man.

I can do a wedding with 450k.

Just do your things your way. Not everyone will be kola sha

Why do you need wedding planner? Cut your coat according to your size cool
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by busygirl(f): 2:09pm On May 07, 2009
Akolawole:

Cut your coat according to your cloth grin
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by Fhemmmy: 2:21pm On May 07, 2009
I am sure it is possible, reduce the number of guest and make it happen on weekdays.
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by benlay(m): 2:21pm On May 07, 2009
if u are not going for a traditional wedding, u might manage it cos only native wears alone cost me over #150,000
if u go for a small ring too, u might be there and chinese suits u could manage it. U might have to go for an open compound now but it's raining season now ,, so think twice on that if the issue of location is addressed then u are home & dry.
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by tkb417(m): 2:42pm On May 07, 2009
am sure it is possible, reduce the number of guest and make it happen on[b] weekdays[/b]
on a monday shey? grin
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by Kc0022000(m): 3:26pm On May 07, 2009
The wifey will eat when she get home abi ? So am suggesting you reduce the number of guest to 50,drink and gala should be ok, paint the room white.You have a white wedding already with 450k grin
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by tboy1(m): 3:30pm On May 07, 2009
Kc0022000:

The wifey will eat when she get home abi ? So am suggesting you reduce the number of guest to 50,drink and gala should be ok, paint the room white.You have a white wedding already with 450k grin
LMAO grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by fayahsoul: 3:33pm On May 07, 2009
Yet the afurakan wonders why they poor.

The question ought to be: why spend all that money on the legitimization of a foreign practice? Why not give that dough to the disabled or the orphanage or the lonely widows? in doing so you develop communal network. ya digg.

The traditional marraige is the one that's accepted by our CHI and ancestors whom sustain us. White/church weddings are done in the name of false entities like your jesus and jehova and el shadie and so on. No be say una even dey christ-like. hypocrites.

The disillusionment of modern values. Wants are confused with needs and material aggrandizement taken as survival.

Don't occupy your minds with the excesses of the essencesses of irrelevancies. . . hahaha see grama.

Lions ought to act like lions and hyenas, hyenas.

Dead serious even when smiling
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by spikedcylinder: 3:38pm On May 07, 2009
fayahsoul:

Yet the afurakan wonders why they poor.

The question ought to be: why spend all that money on the legitimization of a foreign practice? Why not give that dough to the disabled or the orphanage or the lonely widows? in doing so you develop communal network. ya digg.

The traditional marraige is the one that's accepted by our CHI and ancestors whom sustain us. White/church weddings are done in the name of false entities like your jesus and jehova and el shadie and so on. No be say una even dey christ-like. hypocrites.

The disillusionment of modern values. Wants are confused with needs and material aggrandizement taken as survival.

Don't occupy your minds with the excesses of the essencesses of irrelevancies. . . hahaha see grama.

Lions ought to act like lions and hyenas, hyenas.

Dead serious even when smiling

Bleeding tosh. undecided
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 07, 2009
Bros, forget all those sharp month NL. With 450k you can have a moderate(and nice) wedding. Careful planning is what you need and look out for cost cutting means:

*Friends and family can assist in getting discounts for rentals - including venue, you can even use the church premises.
*up and coming cafeterers can give you a big discount. Forget the big names, most time their food taste like ,

Most of those planners are sounding like naija contractors.

HAPPY MARRIED LIFE IN ADVANCE.
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by ehie007(m): 3:52pm On May 07, 2009
i av been to a weeding in which the groom didnt spend up to dat, and d reception was a success,

u can cut down the guest to 90 people, to cut cost.

dont include alcohol cos it will increase ur cost,

stick to sot drinks and non-alcoholic wines, anyone wey won drink juice go go buy am for him/herself,

successful marriages are not determined by large receptions,
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by codedguy1(m): 4:15pm On May 07, 2009
Kc0022000:

LOL!!

Almost fell off ma chair reading this. grin grin grin
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by oyindaries: 4:21pm On May 07, 2009
please o how much do you think it will cost to plan a wedding in manchester uk, seems this thread has good answers, i'm thinking of having my white wedding done in uk, my guest will be 70,and please their will be engagement too. anyone with answers. egbamiooo
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by maray(f): 4:38pm On May 07, 2009
@poster,if u dont really want to spend much,u can put d date on thursday instead of saturday,but i personally prefer a low key party to a full scale,party,u dont have to do anything dat will take alot frm ur bank account.#450,000 is enough for any reasonable wedding.Best of luck.
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by manoy(m): 4:47pm On May 07, 2009

sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by maray(f): 4:50pm On May 07, 2009
Am not running,i just log off 2 prepare 4 work,u know i dont wanna miss my train smileyi saw ur post wit surface,am happy 4 u grin
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by tboy1(m): 4:56pm On May 07, 2009
oyindaries:

please o how much do you  think it will cost to plan a wedding in manchester uk, seems this thread has good answers, i'm thinking of having my white wedding done in uk, my guest will be 70,and please their will be engagement too. anyone with answers. egbamiooo
Do the calculation urself:

Hall
Decorations,photographer, videographer, musicians
Wedding dress and your own suit
Wedding Rings
Invitation Cards
Gifts for wedding attendants
Wedding Cake
Food and Drinks.
Reservations for honeymoon
Accommodations for out-of-town family/guests/bridesmaids and groomsmen
Transportation for out-of-town family/guests/bridesmaids and groomsmen
Dresses and suits for bridesmaids and groomsmen
Makeup/Hair stylist

and dont forget ' gift ' for your future wife wink
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by tope5000: 4:58pm On May 07, 2009
tboy1:

Do the calculation urself:

Hall
Decorations,photographer, videographer, musicians
Wedding dress and your own suit
Wedding Rings
Invitation Cards
Gifts for wedding attendants
Wedding Cake
Food and Drinks.
Reservations for honeymoon
Accommodations for out-of-town family/guests/bridesmaids and groomsmen
Transportation for out-of-town family/guests/bridesmaids and groomsmen
Dresses and suits for bridesmaids and groomsmen
Makeup/Hair stylist

and dont forget ' gift ' for your future wife wink

That made me laff . . . . . .since wen did naija men care abt that grin cheesy
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by manoy(m): 4:58pm On May 07, 2009
thanx baba god
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by Treetop20(m): 4:59pm On May 07, 2009
tope
common lass
you have to buy a gift for your wife
most people do it
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by chukxy44(m): 5:00pm On May 07, 2009
Let make this very easy for:
FOOD is the koko in any event, if u like rent the finest hall way they town with out food u would hear the gist even years wen u are long goon.
so how do we tackel food, if u are estimating 150 people + mo gbo mo ya like 200 = 350 people.
Fast food lunch is like  650*350 people = 227500. and if you decide to cut futher cost, i know some one who would charge like #200,000 and still get u a world class food service.
Drinks : soft drinks woulod give u 50*350 = #17500.00 some people no go drink, some go drink pass 2 bottle.
then just buy like 10 bottle of wine 10*600 = 6000 and few malta say 72*80 = 5,760.00
and comot #5000 for few chop chop, chichi, donut, chips and grandnut.
total on feeding =255760
dats for feeding now to clothes Bride and groom alone = you go see better suit for 20k and ur wife suppose borrow from frnd or mama, and if she no wan borrow then rent for 10K or better still buy at 35k
Hall use a school building with large field at worst you go pay 20k
Music i know D.J way go charge 15k
everyone esle should source for their wears, but give cheap specification like grroms men should wear blue or pink shirt on black suit while the brida train should pick cheap material and use their money to buy (infact ur piority is ur own cloth and ur bride forget others they go suring get there's just promise them an eveining together including the organizers committe.)
so far you have spent = 345760.00
remaining =104,240.00
that should pay canope and chair and others.  find my number and call if u want more info.

1 Like

Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by tope5000: 5:03pm On May 07, 2009
Treetop20:

tope
common lass
you have to buy a gift for your wife
most people do it

Yeah . . . white ppl n other races
but only FEW naija men buy presents for their wife. . . . , n u know it grin
and pregnancy is usually the gift tongue
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by Treetop20(m): 5:09pm On May 07, 2009
tope5000:

died! cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by tboy1(m): 5:30pm On May 07, 2009
tope5000:

we are part of the few wink
d pregnancy is the wife's gift to d husband
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by Carlosein(m): 5:37pm On May 07, 2009
chukxy44:

Let make this very easy for:
FOOD is the koko in any event, if u like rent the finest hall way they town with out food u would hear the gist even years wen u are long goon.
so how do we tackel food, if u are estimating 150 people + mo gbo mo ya like 200 = 350 people.
Fast food lunch is like  650*350 people = 227500. and if you decide to cut futher cost, i know some one who would charge like #200,000 and still get u a world class food service.
Drinks : soft drinks woulod give u 50*350 = #17500.00 some people no go drink, some go drink pass 2 bottle.
then just buy like 10 bottle of wine 10*600 = 6000 and few malta say 72*80 = 5,760.00
and comot #5000 for few chop chop, chichi, donut, chips and grandnut.
total on feeding =255760
dats for feeding now to clothes Bride and groom alone = you go see better suit for 20k and ur wife suppose borrow from frnd or mama, and if she no wan borrow then rent for 10K or better still buy at 35k
Hall use a school building with large field at worst you go pay 20k
Music i know D.J way go charge 15k
everyone esle should source for their wears, but give cheap specification like grroms men should wear blue or pink shirt on black suit while the brida train should pick cheap material and use their money to buy (infact ur piority is ur own cloth and ur bride forget others they go suring get there's just promise them an eveining together including the organizers committe.)
so far you have spent = 345760.00
remaining =104,240.00
that should pay canope and chair and others.  find my number and call if u want more info.

wo, you have spoken well. ok OP follow this advise and close your ears to anyone trying to confuse you.

it will surely work for you. CONGRATS in advance!!!
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by Winnergal(f): 5:50pm On May 07, 2009
450.000 is more than enough . . .
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 07, 2009
go to the registry abeg. Spend like N3,000K on yourselves. Better and better that way.You try to satisfy folks, you run into aches:stomach, head and pocket and even love.
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by xavier3(m): 6:02pm On May 07, 2009
omo na so wedding expensive reach, if na dat 1 i go remain single  grin grin

i go ask my babe cant we b boyfriend and girlfriend 4eva  grin grin

even if we get pikin  grin lol
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 07, 2009
But if my would-be wife doesn't support this my plan, then she should fund it. Simple!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Burial Of Man Who Died A Week To His Wedding In Bauchi (Photos) / My Wedding Pictures / Birthday Party For One Year Old

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.