Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,826 members, 7,817,410 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Incessant Insults On The Yoruba's » Igbo Need To Apologize - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Incessant Insults On The Yoruba's » Igbo Need To Apologize (12669 Views)

A Yoruba Man's Response To Nnamdi Kanu's Insults On Yorubas / Before You Say Igbo Need S/S People In Biafra Because Of Their Oil Pls Read This / Pics: OBJ Deserves 2 Years Jail Term For This Insults On Fayose! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Incessant Insults On The Yoruba's » Igbo Need To Apologize by kinibigdeal(m): 1:45am On Oct 28, 2015
Late Suadauna Bello of Sokoto in an interview once said in quotes "There were less than 23 indigenous Northerners in the Northern Regional service by the time i first became the leader of Government business in Northern Nigeria, the igbos had dominated the public services up until that time, I quickly drafted and pass into law "Northernization policy" where I appointed only British, Indians, Pakistians and Eyptians on contracts basis as public servant while tunning down the applications of Nigerians from the south because I felt the igbos were bent on marginalizing the Northerners which am not going to allow"

Igbo started the slavery they accused the Yoruba of

Awolowo and his Action Group(AG) were ready in 1959 to form a coalition government with NCNC mostly dominated by the Igbos and controled by Azikiwe. The coalition will have made them to push the NPC(dominated by the North) into opposition before independence but the Igbo dominated NCNC under Azikiwe did not want any meaniful collaboration with the Yoruba-dominated Action group led by Awolowo but instead prefer to form a coalition with the NPC dominated by the North, but Awolowo Action group did not want any collaboration with the North because the Northern at that time was always going back into a coalition with the igbo dominated party.
The only Nigeria politicians who made a serious attempt to change the status quo was Ladoke Akintola who try to change the status quo of Nigeria politics by rejecting any attempt by Awolowo to form a coalition with NPC likewise. He formed is own party named Democratic party in the western region which later form a coalition with NCNC creating a counter-force to the Igbos NPC/NCNC. The igbo did not appreciate what Akintola did because they knew their game was over. They could no longer dominate most of the federal jobs. The Igbos did not forgive Akintola till date but many forgot he did what was right at that time. The Igbo preferred a Government headed by Tafawa Balewa to the one proposed by Awolowo because Azikiwe wanted to become the prime minister and Awolowo the finance minister. And that was the turning point till date.

The Yoruba gave the Igbo's Sugar cane but in return, they gave back Bitter Leaf

Most Igbo will tell you that they love the yoruba's but they hate Awolowo, Benjamin Adekunle, Olusegun Obasanjo, Ladoke Akintola or Fani-Kayode(Not Femi please) but the fact is, you cannot claim to love the yoruba's and hate our best leaders. The yoruba loves the Igbo more than they claim to love us

How?

1. Kenneth Olawale, an Igbo man was born in Akure and elected as speaker in Ondo state house of assembly. Who voted for him, the Yoruba's! Can it happen in the East?

2. Ogbuefi Nnendi Azikiwe almost wanted to become the first premier of old western Nigeria region in 1954 supported by a powerful yorubaman Adelabu Penkelemesi, he was voted by the yoruba's but lost out

3. When Awolowo launched free and compulsory education and medical treatment in the west, many igbos parent and their children emigrated to the west in large numbers to take advantages. Yoruba accepted them without resenting them back to the east where Azikiwe couldn't offer such program. Okonjo-Iweala, Ibe-Opadike, Alex Omeke etc are the beneficiaries of free education in the west.

4. Non of the properties left behind in Yorubaland by the Igbo's during the Biafran war were confiscated or taken away by the Yoruba's, like the Rivers people and Ikwere people did to the abandoned properties of the igbo's in portharcourt

5. Odumegwu Ojukwu came back from exile from ivory coast to recover all his father's properties in Lagos, well kept by the Yoruba's

6. Prominent Yoruba citizens like Late Tai Solarin and Wole Soyinka all stood up for the Igbo's right to live in peace

7. At a time no Nigerian of consequence from the North was willing to travel to the east to persuade Ojukwu not to secede, the same Awolowo that the Igbo's hate was the only Nigerians who risked his life to travel down to enugu.

8. Colonel Adekunle Fajuyi of Ado-ekiti land laid down his life to save the life of Aguiyi Ironsi at Agoji Ibadan because he viewed it as betrayer

9. When Igbo's came back with Nothing after the civil war, yoruba embraced them, gave them money, their land and resources in other for them to bounce back. My dad once told me how they hide some igbo's in a cave during the period of the civil war and they fed them for the period of the war?

Igbo should prove what they have done for the Yoruba's? Am not a tribal bigot but I deem it fit to enlightened some Igbo's that fail no know the truth. Yoruba's don't think like the igbo's if Nigeria is ever going to break up, it needs not to be by force or by war but by consensus. The yorubas are the consulate diplomate in Nigeria. Igbo have never acknowledge that yoruba have been kind to them at any point in history.

Igbo have done yoruba harm than good

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Incessant Insults On The Yoruba's » Igbo Need To Apologize by Ufranklin92(m): 1:52am On Oct 28, 2015
guy all this stuff no matter grin

1 Like

Re: Incessant Insults On The Yoruba's » Igbo Need To Apologize by Nobody: 2:01am On Oct 28, 2015
The feeling and every action between yoruba nation and Igbo nation is MUTUAL...

Asking Igbo to apologize can never be acceptable even in the generations to come, so forget it. Rather the reverse should be case...

11 Likes

Re: Incessant Insults On The Yoruba's » Igbo Need To Apologize by Nobody: 2:50am On Oct 28, 2015
kinibigdeal:
Late Suadauna Bello of Sokoto in an interview once said in quotes "There were less than 23 indigenous Northerners in the Northern Regional service by the time i first became the leader of Government business in Northern Nigeria, the igbos had dominated the public services up until that time, I quickly drafted and pass into law "Northernization policy" where I appointed only British, Indians, Pakistians and Eyptians on contracts basis as public servant while tunning down the applications of Nigerians from the south because I felt the igbos were bent on marginalizing the Northerners which am not going to allow"

Awolowo and his Action Group(AG) were ready in 1959 to form a coalition government with NCNC mostly dominated by the Igbos and controled by Azikiwe. The coalition will have made them to push the NPC(dominated by the North) into opposition before independence but the Igbo dominated NCNC under Azikiwe did not want any meaniful collaboration with the Yoruba-dominated Action group led by Awolowo but instead prefer to form a coalition with the NPC dominated by the North, but Awolowo Action group did not want any collaboration with the North because the Northern at that time was always going back into a coalition with the igbo dominated party.
The only Nigeria politicians who made a serious attempt to change the status quo was Ladoke Akintola who try to change the status quo of Nigeria politics by rejecting any attempt by Awolowo to form a coalition with NPC likewise. He formed is own party named Democratic party in the western region which later form a coalition with NCNC creating a counter-force to the Igbos NPC/NCNC. The igbo did not appreciate what Akintola did because they knew their game was over. They could no longer dominate most of the federal jobs. The Igbos did not forgive Akintola till date but many forgot he did what was right at that time. The Igbo preferred a Government headed by Tafawa Balewa to the one proposed by Awolowo because Azikiwe wanted to become the prime minister and Awolowo the finance minister. And that was the turning point till date.

Most Igbo will tell you that they love the yoruba's but they hate Awolowo, Benjamin Adekunle, Olusegun Obasanjo, Ladoke Akintola or Fani-Kayode(Not Femi please) but the fact is, you cannot claim to love the yoruba's and hate our best leaders. The yoruba loves the Igbo more than they claim to love us

How?

1. Kenneth Olawale, an Igbo man was born in Akure and elected as speaker in Ondo state house of assembly. Who voted for him, the Yoruba's! Can it happen in the East?

2. Ogbuefi Nnendi Azikiwe almost wanted to become the first premier of old western Nigeria region in 1954 supported by a powerful yorubaman Adelabu Penkelemesi, he was voted by the yoruba's but lost out

3. When Awolowo launched free and compulsory education and medical treatment in the west, many igbos parent and their children emigrated to the west in large numbers to take advantages. Yoruba accepted them without resenting them back to the east where Azikiwe couldn't offer such program. Okonjo-Iweala, Ibe-Opadike, Alex Omeke etc are the beneficiaries of free education in the west.

4. Non of the properties left behind in Yorubaland by the Igbo's during the Biafran war were confiscated or taken away by the Yoruba's, like the Rivers people and Ikwere people did to the abandoned properties of the igbo's in portharcourt

5. Odumegwu Ojukwu came back from exile from ivory coast to recover all his father's properties in Lagos, well kept by the Yoruba's

6. Prominent Yoruba citizens like Late Tai Solarin and Wole Soyinka all stood up for the Igbo's right to live in peace

7. At a time no Nigerian of consequence from the North was willing to travel to the east to persuade Ojukwu not to secede, the same Awolowo that the Igbo's hate was the only Nigerians who risked his life to travel down to enugu.

8. Colonel Adekunle Fajuyi of Ado-ekiti land laid down his life to save the life of Aguiyi Ironsi at Agoji Ibadan because he viewed it as betrayer

9. When Igbo's came back with Nothing after the civil war, yoruba embraced them, gave them money, their land and resources in other for them to bounce back. My dad once told me how they hide some igbo's in a cave during the period of the civil war and they fed them for the period of the war?

Igbo should prove what they have done for the Yoruba's? Am not a tribal bigot but I deem it fit to enlightened some Igbo's that fail no know the truth. Yoruba's don't think like the igbo's if Nigeria is ever going to break up, it needs not to be by force or by war but by consensus. The yorubas are the consulate diplomate in Nigeria. Igbo have never acknowledge that yoruba have been kind to them at any point in history.

^^ Take 20 naira for pure water.
Try not to recycle your frustration on NairaLand.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Incessant Insults On The Yoruba's » Igbo Need To Apologize by equlibrium(m): 4:19am On Oct 28, 2015
@op
I grew up in south east Nigeria as a Yoruba boy. No one every bugged me, maybe cos it was Enugu which was relatively calm. But i cant tell you you are wasting your time. Igbos are bent on self destruction. I have always held that there are others ways for self determination, but it requires strong and recognized leadership, none of which Igbos have. Every Igbo man feels he is king of his yard, this is detrimental to the collective interest of Igbos as they cannot have marshal out a common plan and execute it. The igbos could easily rule Nigeria, their spread could easily make them the preferred neighbor everybody loved, but the truth is they are not good neighbors, it is for them the adage that talks about the handshake that went beyond the elbow was made, they have no respect for the laws and cultures of any host community they move to. If the igbos have any cultural siblings in the world, it would not be Jews but hard core islamist Arabs and there attitude of refusing to assimilate and their known loathing of their host communities and yes Igbos, you loathe your hosts!!!
I wish they could be granted their Biafra just to see the chaos of it all. But its not in my power. The Igbos are a self fulfilling prophecy, their complaints on marginalization leads to a disengagement from society which leads to suspicion from their hosts which leads to negative treatment from their hosts leading to more complaints of marginalization etc...
If only the Igbos will queue behind a great leader who has a vision for them! Inside Nigeria!
If only undecided

12 Likes

Re: Incessant Insults On The Yoruba's » Igbo Need To Apologize by Warlord3000(m): 4:42am On Oct 28, 2015
Quite interesting..

Learned one or two stuff
Re: Incessant Insults On The Yoruba's » Igbo Need To Apologize by Nobody: 4:47am On Oct 28, 2015
equlibrium:
@op
I grew up in south east Nigeria as a Yoruba boy. No one every bugged me, maybe cos it was Enugu which was relatively calm. But i cant tell you you are wasting your time. Igbos are bent on self destruction. I have always held that there are others ways for self determination, but it requires strong and recognized leadership, none of which Igbos have. Every Igbo man feels he is king of his yard, this is detrimental to the collective interest of Igbos as they cannot have marshal out a common plan and execute it. The igbos could easily rule Nigeria, their spread could easily make them the preferred neighbor everybody loved, but the truth is they are not good neighbors, it is for them the adage that talks about the handshake that went beyond the elbow was made, they have no respect for the laws and cultures of any host community they move to. If the igbos have any cultural siblings in the world, it would not be Jews but hard core islamist Arabs and there attitude of refusing to assimilate and their known loathing of their host communities and yes Igbos, you loathe your hosts!!!
I wish they could be granted their Biafra just to see the chaos of it all. But its not in my power. The Igbos are a self fulfilling prophecy, their complaints on marginalization leads to a disengagement from society which leads to suspicion from their hosts which leads to negative treatment from their hosts leading to more complaints of marginalization etc...
If only the Igbos will queue behind a great leader who has a vision for them! Inside Nigeria!
If only undecided
^ Why are you so bent on selling your political philosophy to other people?

13 Likes

Re: Incessant Insults On The Yoruba's » Igbo Need To Apologize by equlibrium(m): 4:51am On Oct 28, 2015
imhotep:

^ Why are you so bent on selling your political philosophy to other people?
Hahahahhaah... i nearly died of laughter men
Its fine, its not like i am selling Igbos any philosophy, its a harmless observation

2 Likes

Re: Incessant Insults On The Yoruba's » Igbo Need To Apologize by Nobody: 5:00am On Oct 28, 2015
equlibrium:

Hahahahhaah... i nearly died of laughter men
Its fine, its not like i am selling Igbos any philosophy, its a harmless observation
LOL. Ok fine.
Igbo people never had kings/queens as such.

Monarchy/Kingship is not the ONLY way of organizing society.
Welcome to the real world grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Incessant Insults On The Yoruba's » Igbo Need To Apologize by equlibrium(m): 5:07am On Oct 28, 2015
imhotep:

LOL. Ok fine.
Igbo people never had kings/queens as such.

Monarchy/Kingship is not the ONLY way of organizing society.
Welcome to the real world grin grin
Did not mention king/eze in the leadership sense, i meant it in the sense that igbos refuse to follow anyone, not even their father.
Mandela was no one's king. I meant a Leader in that mold. For Igbos to recognize a visionary, unite behind him, take their place on the national stage. And be mindful that Biafra cannot go peacefully, why not explore more peaceful means? Isn't its just good logic?

4 Likes

Re: Incessant Insults On The Yoruba's » Igbo Need To Apologize by Nobody: 5:12am On Oct 28, 2015
equlibrium:

Did not mention king/eze in the leadership sense, i meant it in the sense that igbos refuse to follow anyone, not even their father.
Igbo society has been described as ultra-democratic.

equlibrium:

And be mindful that Biafra cannot go peacefully ,
Did you notice that the "lack-of-peaceful-separation" does not come from within Biafra?
Biafra wants to separate, then an entire group of oyibo plus other Nigerians begin to plot war.
This group of oyibo and other Nigerians are the ones you should preach to about PEACE.

13 Likes

Re: Incessant Insults On The Yoruba's » Igbo Need To Apologize by WETINUSABI: 5:44am On Oct 28, 2015
Or else they risk getting flogged or being thrown into the lagoon. grin
Yoruba na "talk and do" so Igbos beware grin
Re: Incessant Insults On The Yoruba's » Igbo Need To Apologize by WETINUSABI: 5:44am On Oct 28, 2015
Or else they risk getting flogged or being thrown into the lagoon. grin
Yoruba na "talk and do" so Igbos beware grin

1 Like

Re: Incessant Insults On The Yoruba's » Igbo Need To Apologize by Nobody: 5:59am On Oct 28, 2015
equlibrium:
@op
If only undecided

You need Ben Bruce to school you on common sense

6 Likes

Re: Incessant Insults On The Yoruba's » Igbo Need To Apologize by Pecca: 6:12am On Oct 28, 2015
SEEN
Re: Incessant Insults On The Yoruba's » Igbo Need To Apologize by mightyhaze: 6:13am On Oct 28, 2015
Say

2 Likes

Re: Incessant Insults On The Yoruba's » Igbo Need To Apologize by patrick89(m): 7:08am On Oct 28, 2015
kinibigdeal:

How?

Whoever that concocted this lies should be shot at close range! Can you low lives stop rewriting history?
When the two faced met sarduna of sokoto promised him prime minister sent delegates to East promised azikwe the same position! Who does that?
Sarduna had to call azikwe to inform him about the offer, both were disappointed with the two faace awolowo! Who came with cunny and deceitful manner, both saw the untrustworthy and decided to boycott awolowo and form alliance together, and you are here writing rubbish. Yoruba gave igbo people money? God punish this guy in ten folds! You people will never stop! Continue, some yoruba hate igbos more than they hate devil for no just reason! They will tell you we are disrespectful bla bla because we don't not greet like lizard and hypocritical dobale we are freeborn and owe no single human being anything...

FYI, igbo have been under prosecution since slave trade, check the "jealousy of red eboe" you will understand that its not today e don te!

What this ugly trend has caused are evil. Many igbo people are being discriminated against by their neighbour, some of them are deigbonising themselves to be accepted! Most of them especially in the south south, changed their names, loathe anything igbo.
I thank God most of them are getting back on track now! They are telling them in their face that *anyi bu ndigbo " we are ndigbo there is nothing you can do about that. And I urge othe igbo people to do the same! They are afraid of your igbob but remain focus, we will come to and steadfast fight for your position wherever you find yourself! Igbo is a big family our generation will cure the ills of our past! And never again will these useless fellas divide us! Never again shall they subject us to ill and injustice! Udo diri unu.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Incessant Insults On The Yoruba's » Igbo Need To Apologize by Kagawa10: 7:20am On Oct 28, 2015
patrick89:

Whoever that concocted this lies should be shot at close range! Can you low lives stop rewriting history?
When the two faced met sarduna of sokoto promised him prime minister sent delegates to East promised azikwe the same position! Who does that?
Sarduna had to call azikwe to inform him about the offer, both were disappointed with the two faace awolowo! Who came with cunny and deceitful manner, both saw the untrustworthy and decided to boycott awolowo and form alliance together, and you are here writing rubbish. Yoruba gave igbo people money? God punish this guy in ten folds! You people will never stop! Continue, some yoruba hate igbos more than they hate devil for no just reason! They will tell you we are disrespectful bla bla because we don't not greet like lizard and hypocritical dobale we are freeborn and owe no single human being anything...

FYI, igbo have been under prosecution since slave trade, check the "jealousy of red eboe" you will understand that its not today e don te!

What this ugly trend has caused are evil. Ma
The same ibo killed the Sarduna they found trustworthy while Zik knowing about the coup, travelled oversea without informing Sarduna, his trustworthy friend?
May God punish any ibo that tries to rewrite Nigeria's history! May it never bewell with any of their generation!
Shameless cursed revisionist!

7 Likes

Re: Incessant Insults On The Yoruba's » Igbo Need To Apologize by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 28, 2015
Kagawa10:

The same ibo killed the Sarduna they found trustworthy while Zik knowing about the coup, travelled oversea without informing Sarduna, his trustworthy friend?
May God punish any ibo that tries to rewrite Nigeria's history! May it never bewell with any of their generation!

At least by now assuming your papa get sense he would have told you that there are no permanent friends or enemies in politics... What we have is people of same interest.
Now gerra away here and continue your wailing...
I support Azikiwe in this...
He left that day to fight another day... Lol

5 Likes

Re: Incessant Insults On The Yoruba's » Igbo Need To Apologize by Kagawa10: 8:16am On Oct 28, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:

At least by now assuming your papa get sense he would have told you that there are no permanent friends or enemies in politics... What we have is people of same interest.
Now gerra away here and continue your wailing...
I support Azikiwe in this...
He left that day to fight another day... Lol
You are simply a goat!
Ibos will wail till eternity, it's given and karma!

1 Like

Re: Incessant Insults On The Yoruba's » Igbo Need To Apologize by equlibrium(m): 8:20am On Oct 28, 2015
obum88:

You need Ben Bruce to school you on common sense
Common sense is seeing what is right infront of you for what it is, i have that, don't need bruce to school me in that. Maybe you need the schooling tho, seeing you brought it up
Re: Incessant Insults On The Yoruba's » Igbo Need To Apologize by patrick89(m): 8:31am On Oct 28, 2015
Kagawa10:

you are very senseless! What concerns azikwe and sarduna's death?
Yoruba logic right?
Well Kaduna Nzeogwu and Ademoyega were the men that planned the killing and installation of the two faced coward awolowo, read the Ademoyega's why we stroke.
You will come here to twist history to suit yourself. Someone here has said that all his stay in east, nobody disturbed him. He also said that everyone is king on his own lane, that's how we roll here, we don't block roads and shout owoda! Some of yoruba hate anything igbo but will pretend they love you. I hate the fact that you're twisting the history! Your two faced awolowo betrayed sarduna and azikwe! #fact

6 Likes

Re: Incessant Insults On The Yoruba's » Igbo Need To Apologize by Rotimi47: 8:34am On Oct 28, 2015
kinibigdeal:

How?

My family also kept many Igbos safe from the beginning of the war to the end even though some of my relatives fought on the war front but thank God they all survived.

1 Like

Re: Incessant Insults On The Yoruba's » Igbo Need To Apologize by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 28, 2015
equlibrium:

Common sense is seeing what is right infront of you for what it is, i have that, don't need bruce to school me in that. Maybe you need the schooling tho, seeing you brought it up
Study properly.
Dont spread rumors

2 Likes

Re: Incessant Insults On The Yoruba's » Igbo Need To Apologize by equlibrium(m): 8:40am On Oct 28, 2015
imhotep:

Study properly.
Dont spread rumors
And you quote me because i said what exactly?
My piece is my "personal" experience, with my "personal" recommendation, you did well before to say why was i trying to sell my philosophy to others, and i was quick to point out that was not the case, till the mofo up there came to reference my common sense, and now you come with your own piece telling me to study well, my question is, is that in reference to anything i have said?
Re: Incessant Insults On The Yoruba's » Igbo Need To Apologize by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 28, 2015
equlibrium:

And you quote me because i said what exactly?
My piece is my "personal" experience, with my "personal" recommendation,
Is it possible to move beyond mere personal experience, to a more CRITICAL collective experience?
Re: Incessant Insults On The Yoruba's » Igbo Need To Apologize by kinibigdeal(m): 8:51am On Oct 28, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:
The feeling and every action between yoruba nation and Igbo nation is MUTUAL...

Asking Igbo to apologize can never be acceptable even in the generations to come, so forget it. Rather the reverse should be case...

Then you need to prove why the Yoruba's need to apologize to the igbo's, I just gave mine.
Re: Incessant Insults On The Yoruba's » Igbo Need To Apologize by kinibigdeal(m): 8:53am On Oct 28, 2015
imhotep:

^^ Take 20 naira for pure water.
Try not to recycle your frustration on NairaLand.

The most painful thing is what you called frustration is not really one. Am only passing a parable to the igbo's, your attitude is the reason why you are where you are..

1 Like

Re: Incessant Insults On The Yoruba's » Igbo Need To Apologize by Nobody: 8:54am On Oct 28, 2015
kinibigdeal:

The most painful thing is what you called frustration is not really one. Am only passing a parable to the igbo's, your attitude is the reason why you are where you are..
Rumors LOL.

1 Like

Re: Incessant Insults On The Yoruba's » Igbo Need To Apologize by kinibigdeal(m): 8:54am On Oct 28, 2015
onlyson16:
Nonsensesical post
I expected a better response not frustration
Re: Incessant Insults On The Yoruba's » Igbo Need To Apologize by kinibigdeal(m): 8:56am On Oct 28, 2015
imhotep:

Rumors LOL.

If the first piece is rumour according to you, how about the last piece. Kindly come up with a convincing defence

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Releases N375m To Feed 700,000 Pupils In Five States / US Plans To Extend Drone Strikes Operation To Nigeria / N3.9b Paris Club Refund For Salaries Was Released After Fayemi Visited Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.