Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,429 members, 7,954,682 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:04 AM

"Husband Scarcity'' - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Husband Scarcity'' (1846 Views)

Husband Scarcity ( A Must Read ) / HUSBAND SCARCITY!!! --- ( Must Read For All ) / Husband Scarcity!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Husband Scarcity'' by Dotez: 7:52am On Oct 28, 2015
"""Husband scarcity'''''has become one of the challenges faced by many women today,if you go to prayer houses,majority of the intentions are prayer for life partner. And this calls for concern.
Casting our minds back to the time of our mothers and grandmothers,was there really much of a "husband scarcity'' problem?,or maybe there were more men than women then,or there was an adequate corresponding numbers of both genders.I don't think so.maybe then,the women had values&were prepared to build a home&not pack into already built home.Then once a young man comes of age&can at least feed himself & his wife,he goes out in search of a wife&the woman really appreciate him and helps him to build a future.
What am i really trying to insinuate? we created what we now see as "husband scarcity''for ourselves. Today,the reverse is the case.Ask an average girl to define her dream husband;you get things like"he has to be tall handsome,dark & rich,own a house at least & be presentable''and then she adds "God fearing''in order not to sound so worldly.What a wonderful dream!.Then check the number of women around you & the number of men That can meet standard, & you will see the problem.
You would b hearing ladies say"I cannot suffer in my father's house & then go and start another round of suffering with a man''.What if from the beginning,you have everything you want & there is no suffering & later in the marriage the table turns around,then comes suffering? will you run away?Nobody prays for suffering, but it is good to start small & end big,than to start big and end small.
The problem is that the description majority of ladies give of their ideal man is virtually thesame.when 50 ladies want thesame kind of man & the man that fits what they want is just 1 man& the decided to pick one,then what becomes of 49 others?they start lamenting of "husband scarcity''.
Another irony of our time is that is that,it is hard,due to the face of our economy to find a man who is of marriage age who possesses all this things these ladies want,legally(except those involved in illicit way of getting money)& even the numbers of of these men involved in this illegal act is not enough to match all those searching for already made husband & besides most of them are not husband materials.If you look around,majority of the ladies of substance, of good value & virtue,who are ready to build a home with a man who has prospects,are married & not complaining of "husband scarcity''.
Now,what is the solution to "husband scarcity''?;
The easiest way to find a husband now,is to change your view of who a husband is.
A husband is that man God created then saw that it may be hard for him to really actualize his purpose for creating him,without a help mate & then made the woman & gave to him & he felt complete & fulfilled.
MARRIAGE IS NOT A POVERTY ALLEVIATION PROGRAM. It is a mission of building the family that will serve God here on earth & be a benefit to man kind.for those who see marriage as a way out of poverty, it is a way into bondage.women are HOME BUILDERS,not HOME WARMERS,DON'T CONFUSE A MAN'S PATH WITH HIS DESTINY.Where he is today may only be a route to where God has destined him to b tomorrow.
Another truth is that;YOU(woman)MAY BE THE ONLY FAST MEANS TO THAT HIS(man)DESTINATION. Join in alleviating "Husband scarcity'' PICK UP THE RIGHT VALUES.I am not saying that you should pick anyone that comes your way & start talking about marriage. REMEMBER;NOT ALL MEN ARE HUSBAND MATERIALS.
What am insinuating is that you should stop setting your standard on material acquisitions of physical appearances.look beyond the physical. WHAT MAKES A MAN WHO HE IS,IS NOT WHAT HE OWNS OR HOW HE LOOKS.IT IS WHAT HE IS MADE UP OF.And that which he is made up of is most times not seen with the physical ey,only it effects can be seen.Marriage is a permanent thing,what is seen is temporal & that which is not seen is permanent.
Relax and go to God in prayer,God did not just created EVE for creating sake;he created her for ADAM'S need to be met.Likewise you (all ladies)you were not created for creating sake(unless God has a special calling on you)you were all created to meet a particular man's need.And THAT MAN MAY BE THAT ONE THAT DOESN'T FIT INTO YOUR "EXORBITANT STANDARD''do not despise or look down on any man,because it doesn't take God a second to turn around someone destiny,a man not so rich or an average man in DECEMBER,God can bless him to be very rich by JANUARY.............HMMMMMMM.

4 Likes

Re: "Husband Scarcity'' by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 28, 2015
Frontpage material
Cc: lalast!clala obin0scopy
Re: "Husband Scarcity'' by zinachidi(m): 8:02am On Oct 28, 2015
hmmmm
Re: "Husband Scarcity'' by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 28, 2015
Husband scarcity ke!!! Na ALREADY MADE MEN dey scarce.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Husband Scarcity'' by Ray360: 8:03am On Oct 28, 2015
Op, May the celestial anchor rain blessings on you this morning for this masterpiece. most ladies are not ready to start from the Scratch with any man, There is no perfect man anywhere! Any lady who is ripe for nuptial matrimony but still places primary preference on a man who is tall, short, fair, dark, holy etc.. is on a skyline.

3 Likes

Re: "Husband Scarcity'' by falconey(m): 8:10am On Oct 28, 2015
I stopped at half way. Great piece my nigga.
Re: "Husband Scarcity'' by Toks2008(m): 9:59am On Oct 28, 2015
Dotez:
"""Husband scarcity'''''

Hi dude i would like you to make your write up more presentable by putting spaces. Something like this,.,

"""Husband scarcity'''''has become one of the challenges faced by many women today,if you go to prayer houses,majority of the intentions are prayer for life partner. And this calls for concern.

Casting our minds back to the time of our mothers and grandmothers,was there really much of a "husband scarcity'' problem?,or maybe there were more men than women then,or there was an adequate corresponding numbers of both genders.I don't think so.maybe then,the women had values&were prepared to build a home&not pack into already built home.Then once a young man comes of age&can at least feed himself & his wife,he goes out in search of a wife&the woman really appreciate him and helps him to build a future.

What am i really trying to insinuate? we created what we now see as "husband scarcity''for ourselves. Today,the reverse is the case.Ask an average girl to define her dream husband;you get things like"he has to be tall handsome,dark & rich,own a house at least & be presentable''and then she adds "God fearing''in order not to sound so worldly.What a wonderful dream!.Then check the number of women around you & the number of men That can meet standard, & you will see the problem.

You would b hearing ladies say"I cannot suffer in my father's house & then go and start another round of suffering with a man''.What if from the beginning,you have everything you want & there is no suffering & later in the marriage the table turns around,then comes suffering? will you run away?Nobody prays for suffering, but it is good to start small & end big,than to start big and end small.

The problem is that the description majority of ladies give of their ideal man is virtually thesame.when 50 ladies want thesame kind of man & the man that fits what they want is just 1 man& the decided to pick one,then what becomes of 49 others?they start lamenting of "husband scarcity''.

Another irony of our time is that is that,it is hard,due to the face of our economy to find a man who is of marriage age who possesses all this things these ladies want,legally(except those involved in illicit way of getting money)& even the numbers of of these men involved in this illegal act is not enough to match all those searching for already made husband & besides most of them are not husband materials.If you look around,majority of the ladies of substance, of good value & virtue,who are ready to build a home with a man who has prospects,are married & not complaining of "husband scarcity''.

Now,what is the solution to "husband scarcity''?;The easiest way to find a husband now,is to change your view of who a husband is.

A husband is that man God created then saw that it may be hard for him to really actualize his purpose for creating him,without a help mate & then made the woman & gave to him & he felt complete & fulfilled.

MARRIAGE IS NOT A POVERTY ALLEVIATION PROGRAM. It is a mission of building the family that will serve God here on earth & be a benefit to man kind.for those who see marriage as a way out of poverty, it is a way into bondage.women are HOME BUILDERS,not HOME WARMERS,DON'T CONFUSE A MAN'S PATH WITH HIS DESTINY.Where he is today may only be a route to where God has destined him to b tomorrow.

Another truth is that;YOU(woman)MAY BE THE ONLY FAST MEANS TO THAT HIS(man)DESTINATION. Join in alleviating "Husband scarcity'' PICK UP THE RIGHT VALUES.I am not saying that you should pick anyone that comes your way & start talking about marriage. REMEMBER;NOT ALL MEN ARE HUSBAND MATERIALS.

What am insinuating is that you should stop setting your standard on material acquisitions of physical appearances.look beyond the physical. WHAT MAKES A MAN WHO HE IS,IS NOT WHAT HE OWNS OR HOW HE LOOKS.IT IS WHAT HE IS MADE UP OF.And that which he is made up of is most times not seen with the physical ey,only it effects can be seen.Marriage is a permanent thing,what is seen is temporal & that which is not seen is permanent.

Relax and go to God in prayer,God did not just created EVE for creating sake;he created her for ADAM'S need to be met.Likewise you (all ladies)you were not created for creating sake(unless God has a special calling on you)you were all created to meet a particular man's need.And THAT MAN MAY BE THAT ONE THAT DOESN'T FIT INTO YOUR "EXORBITANT STANDARD''do not despise or look down on any man,because it doesn't take God a second to turn around someone destiny,a man not so rich or an average man in DECEMBER,God can bless him to be very rich by JANUARY.............HMMMMMMM.

1 Like

Re: "Husband Scarcity'' by omoharry(f): 12:45pm On Oct 28, 2015
You guys don't just get it...a woman must be attracted to her man and like is personality before she can marry him..Are you advising that women should just pick any man that comes to them just becos they need to get married?.I wonder what will become of such marriage. .I have observe that if i like a man naturally even when he does not have a job, i am happy to brainstorm with him on the way forward than with a man i don't like...I have fallen in love with a man that did not even have a job and leaving with his parent when he lost his job but he was not ready for any relationship psychologically..so we decided to remain friends..that is if he will ever make up his mind. it is a matter of liking and appreciating each other's personalities..HABA!

Pls you guys should free us ooo...This is the way some women were pressured to get married, that is why there is so many divorce cases in recent times..haba.. abeg you guys should let us be. Is it not better to remain single woman and be happy or bitter alone than make another person life miserable all in the name of marriage and pleasing society.

Girls..(I am not talking to those that base their love on the number of jeep and houses a man has) make sure you marry someone that is responsible and is family oriented , someone whose presence make you happy ..some one you always feel guilty when ever you lie to . some one that will hold you and you will not feel like running away from his arms..someone that reasons like you and is almost at per with your philosophy to life ...not when you are saying A AND the person is reasoning B..

PLEASE marry some that you respect and He respect you back..don't marry anyone that you cannot stand his presence..becos it will be a perpetual torture for you and him inclusive.some one whose excesses and weakness you can stand and know hoe to work around it.What is life without happy and joyful memories...some singles are happier that most married people just becos they made a wrong choice.I rest my case.

3 Likes

Re: "Husband Scarcity'' by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 28, 2015
Is this some sort of 750Words Essay without space, paragraph and proper orientation that I dunno about? undecided

You write great Op...Buh You're Orientation is Like that of my 2-Yrs old brother....lipsrsealed it Sucks Really Bad...cry
Re: "Husband Scarcity'' by ClassCaptain(m): 1:05pm On Oct 28, 2015
A won aye para Lori thread yii o
Re: "Husband Scarcity'' by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 28, 2015
Good talk.
Re: "Husband Scarcity'' by toye440: 3:35pm On Oct 28, 2015
I seriously don't believe there is husband scarcity I only believe the economy made them scarce its just a wise mans response to a failing economy
Re: "Husband Scarcity'' by falconey(m): 3:41pm On Oct 28, 2015
omoharry:
You guys don't just get it...a woman must be attracted to her man and like is personality before she can marry him..Are you advising that women should just pick any man that comes to them just becos they need to get married?.I wonder what will become of such marriage. .I have observe that if i like a man naturally even when he does not have a job, i am happy to brainstorm with him on the way forward than with a man i don't like...I have fallen in love with a man that did not even have a job and leaving with his parent when he lost his job but he was not ready for any relationship psychologically..so we decided to remain friends..that is if he will ever make up his mind. it is a matter of liking and appreciating each other's personalities..HABA!

Pls you guys should free us ooo...This is the way some women were pressured to get married, that is why there is so many divorce cases in recent times..haba.. abeg you guys should let us be. Is it not better to remain single woman and be happy or bitter alone than make another person life miserable all in the name of marriage and pleasing society.

Girls..(I am not talking to those that base their love on the number of jeep and houses a man has) make sure you marry someone that is responsible and is family oriented , someone whose presence make you happy ..some one you always feel guilty when ever you lie to . some one that will hold you and you will not feel like running away from his arms..someone that reasons like you and is almost at per with your philosophy to life ...not when you are saying A AND the person is reasoning B..

PLEASE marry some that you respect and He respect you back..don't marry anyone that you cannot stand his presence..becos it will be a perpetual torture for you and him inclusive.some one whose excesses and weakness you can stand and know hoe to work around it.What is life without happy and joyful memories...some singles are happier that most married people just becos they made a wrong choice.I rest my case.

wow you must have been holding this in your psyche for years.

Good thing it came out! Bottomline is we guys should let you ladies be.

I'm doing that already, I don't know what's wrong with the OP.
Re: "Husband Scarcity'' by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 28, 2015
Op, nice piece. Omoharry, nice piece too. Even though I believe the op's trying to say give the unattractive guy a chance, I think he doesn't seem to understand that inasmuch as some girls suddenly starts loving that 'not so attractive guy' maybe cos of his wallet and all, there are still some that gets irritated being with him not minding the amount in his wallet. Guys, how do you feel when the bae you think is not 'up to your standards' wants a r'ship with you??
Re: "Husband Scarcity'' by octopusfreaky(f): 4:57pm On Oct 28, 2015
husbands are not scarce oiiii,women are very very selective D's days..
Re: "Husband Scarcity'' by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 28, 2015
Even the greedy ladies are still finding excuses.
Re: "Husband Scarcity'' by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 28, 2015
They have come again o. Oya let's make marriage the only achievement a woman can be proud of.

Back to the topic:

Personally, know more single men than women #fact#. I basically cringe when late 20s and early 30smen approach me because my initial thought is usually ‘This man is married' before I realise my mistake.

What are we going to do about them?/
Re: "Husband Scarcity'' by Dotez: 11:56am On Nov 04, 2015
Then change ur perspective and stop ur ratiocination towards those kind of men.
Re: "Husband Scarcity'' by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 04, 2015
eligible bachelors are not scarce rather they can't find a good lady to wife up.
Re: "Husband Scarcity'' by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 04, 2015
Thick crust Female floral sneakers. Size:37. Free delivery in Lagos. Bbm pin: 2B677CA7.

Re: "Husband Scarcity'' by Dotez: 10:20am On Nov 16, 2015
Estharfabian:
Is this some sort of 750Words Essay without space, paragraph and proper orientation that I dunno about? undecided

You write great Op...Buh You're Orientation is Like that of my 2-Yrs old brother....lipsrsealed it Sucks Really Bad...cry
Your egregious comment sounds like dat of 2-yrs old sister.
Re: "Husband Scarcity'' by tonytony208(m): 12:15pm On Nov 16, 2015
omoharry:

You have a beautiful submission up there, but I will like to state ma, that the two of you cannot always agree with each other. There are times one will be saying A and the other will be saying B. The way forward is not for the two of you to be saying the same thing every time, but for you to accept each other's differences, individuality and unique personality. For all you know, the other person's different point of view may turn out to be the better choice.

From the little I understand, relationship/marriage is built on compromise. I can't always have my ways and she can't always have her ways. We have to compromise to condescend and meet up at a central meeting point of view (I have a feeling you'll understand what I mean). I must be ready to let go of some of my standards, while she too must be ready to let go of some of her standards.

I suspect you are Yoruba (I hope am right). I will therefore summarise all my yappings with a proverb: mò wà f'óníwà l'ó n jé ore j'òré.

Believe me ma, it's all about accepting each other's different points of view and working out a meeting point, using elements of our different ideas as the building block to a common ground.
Re: "Husband Scarcity'' by ynkabir(m): 2:38pm On Nov 16, 2015
very true,good write up op
Re: "Husband Scarcity'' by sheggietyn: 2:45pm On Nov 16, 2015
Do you think your marriage/relationship is fun without having sex?
do you even think you are educated enough about sex in marriage/relationship?
an ebook is here to help you understand you opposite sex,to be best partner of each other, the ebook seem to be naughty but passes a message to every existing man/woman.every lover need to have a copy of this ebook which is title sexually convicted!
the ebook(sexually convicted)would be droping by 12am tommorrow at a token price of 2k, if you are interested please contact our agent
email:sheggietyn@gmail.com
call: 08165593926
message number:08093214646
like our fb page:https://www.facebook.com/Sexually-convicted-192591977743905/?skip_nax_wizard=true
Re: "Husband Scarcity'' by omoharry(f): 1:20pm On Nov 18, 2015
tonytony208:

You have a beautiful submission up there, but I will like to state ma, that the two of you cannot always agree with each other. There are times one will be saying A and the other will be saying B. The way forward is not for the two of you to be saying the same thing every time, but for you to accept each other's differences, individuality and unique personality. For all you know, the other person's different point of view may turn out to be the better choice.

From the little I understand, relationship/marriage is built on compromise. I can't always have my ways and she can't always have her ways. We have to compromise to condescend and meet up at a central meeting point of view (I have a feeling you'll understand what I mean). I must be ready to let go of some of my standards, while she too must be ready to let go of some of her standards.

I suspect you are Yoruba (I hope am right). I will therefore summarise all my yappings with a proverb: mò wà f'óníwà l'ó n jé ore j'òré.

Believe me ma, it's all about accepting each other's different points of view and working out a meeting point, using elements of our different ideas as the building block to a common ground.
NOP..i am not Yoruba, I am from Delta state.
Re: "Husband Scarcity'' by tonytony208(m): 12:49pm On Nov 20, 2015
omoharry:
NOP..i am not Yoruba, I am from Delta state.
Oh, sorry about the proverbs then. It's just a case of mistaken identity.

(1) (Reply)

I Wanto Become A Make-up Artist. Where Do I Begin / SHOCKING! Buhari ‘trekker’ Commits Suicide Over Buhari’s Failures In Office / She Kissed Me And Runaway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.