Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Advice!!! Must One Know All The Past Of A Partner Before Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Advice!!! Must One Know All The Past Of A Partner Before Marriage? (794 Views)

Sex Before Marriage Or Sex After Marriage? / 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Indulge In Sex Before Marriage- Danceville / The Past Of My Lv Is Still Hurting Me, Whenever I Remember It, Please Help. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice!!! Must One Know All The Past Of A Partner Before Marriage? by TK0907(m): 9:43am On Oct 28, 2015
This is an issue that has led to break up of some relationship that i have been involved with because i always wants to know all your past so that even if i got to hear anything from outside, it won't sound alien to me but sometimes i tend to remember some part of the dirty past and i have this feeling that what if this my partner actually goes back to this old practice after getting married to her and after this thought, it immediately change some part of me towards the lady. Most especially knowing all the past of a lady that a man intends to marry.
Is it appropriate in knowing the past of someone you intends to marry?
Re: Advice!!! Must One Know All The Past Of A Partner Before Marriage? by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 28, 2015
I would say YES!

1 Like

Re: Advice!!! Must One Know All The Past Of A Partner Before Marriage? by donTbone(m): 9:44am On Oct 28, 2015
yes ke mona kai
Re: Advice!!! Must One Know All The Past Of A Partner Before Marriage? by kemlily(f): 9:47am On Oct 28, 2015
Ofcourse cos that is the best thing
Re: Advice!!! Must One Know All The Past Of A Partner Before Marriage? by iceberylin(m): 9:49am On Oct 28, 2015
Yh...try to know the name of the midwife that helped to deliver her...
Re: Advice!!! Must One Know All The Past Of A Partner Before Marriage? by thorpido(m): 10:01am On Oct 28, 2015
^^lol
Fo me,only the past that is relevant to the future.
Re: Advice!!! Must One Know All The Past Of A Partner Before Marriage? by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 28, 2015
absolutely! especially if you are going into it for all the right reasons!! in anycase most folks lately don't give a hoot like a man transgendering into a woman vice-versa...if you need a solid foundation for your marriage, some things are just non-negotiable..
Re: Advice!!! Must One Know All The Past Of A Partner Before Marriage? by ClassCaptain(m): 10:07am On Oct 28, 2015
Any past that will come to bear in d future must be known.. However.if it does not have any future implications, Then " Wetin concern me "
Re: Advice!!! Must One Know All The Past Of A Partner Before Marriage? by donholy28(m): 10:07am On Oct 28, 2015
To avoid "had i known and stories that touch d heart"...yes

1 Like

Re: Advice!!! Must One Know All The Past Of A Partner Before Marriage? by Kog45(m): 10:11am On Oct 28, 2015
TK0907:
This is an issue that has led to break up of some relationship that i have been involved with because i always wants to know all your past so that even if i got to hear anything from outside, it won't sound alien to me but sometimes i tend to remember some part of the dirty past and i have this feeling that what if this my partner actually goes back to this old practice after getting married to her and after this thought, it immediately change some part of me towards the lady. Most especially knowing all the past of a lady that a man intends to marry.
My guy u have not found true love bcs if u found true love u will not be thinking of the past.Yes is good to know the past bcs it will help d future.My friend did u know that marriage is a mystery that nobody can even explain why I have to marry this man or woman.A good woman will always be a good woman irrespective of her past.Some have terrible past and end up being a good wife while some have wonderful past but end up as a terrible woman.I pray u find your love and her past will be like is that all no wahala.If a man can decide to take a prostitute as a wife then what are we saying,please there is power of love that nobody can describe and that is why I said marriage is mystery.
Re: Advice!!! Must One Know All The Past Of A Partner Before Marriage? by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 28, 2015
iceberylin:
Yh...try to know the name of the midwife that helped to deliver her...
.. cheesy if need be, yes!
Re: Advice!!! Must One Know All The Past Of A Partner Before Marriage? by misspicy(f): 10:20am On Oct 28, 2015
depend on the type of past,if a person was a murderer or a rapist, or a paedophile i dnt think i can go into a relationship with them....

so its good to know about ur partners past especially in a serious relationship
Re: Advice!!! Must One Know All The Past Of A Partner Before Marriage? by longjohnsilver: 10:32am On Oct 28, 2015
Sometimes what you don't know doesn't kill u,

i believe dere are some lewd facts about ur partner's past u really dont want know...she can just tell me some stuffs n leave out the lewd ones (i dont really wanna know)

cos sometins ehen...no matter ow much u love him or her, are best left unsaid.

my opinion tho'
Re: Advice!!! Must One Know All The Past Of A Partner Before Marriage? by Adiwana: 10:35am On Oct 28, 2015
oga,relationship and marriage no be the same thing..it is very important

you know why ''our'' parents marriage succeeded? it was because they made background enquiries such as crime related activities in the family and other vices.i dont think such things exist cos of ''Civilisation'' and ''Its Old school'' and thus one of the contributing factors to high divorce rate in the society now..its now John meets Jane..they fall in Love..John proposes,Jane accepts.they marry..2yrs later they divorce

1 Like

Re: Advice!!! Must One Know All The Past Of A Partner Before Marriage? by xkris11(m): 10:36am On Oct 28, 2015
Yes, if been share in total honesty
Re: Advice!!! Must One Know All The Past Of A Partner Before Marriage? by Cutehector(m): 10:44am On Oct 28, 2015
People say yes buh are they willing to open up? They r sayn yes because they want thr partners to tell dem buh will they tell dem theirs too?

And people judge a lot these days. U tell ur woman u used to b a robber and u'v repented, she will judge u. U tell ur partner u slept with 100 men in d past, he will judge u.

Its not easy for one to open up abt thr past because they feel they will b judged.

The problem here isn't one being honest abt thr past, the problem is, will u as d partner not judge him or her and accept thr flaws and move on?

Think befor u want to say yes.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice!!! Must One Know All The Past Of A Partner Before Marriage? by naijaboiy: 12:43pm On Oct 28, 2015
Cutehector:
People say yes buh are they willing to open up? They r sayn yes because they want thr partners to tell dem buh will they tell dem theirs too?

And people judge a lot these days. U tell ur woman u used to b a robber and u'v repented, she will judge u. U tell ur partner u slept with 100 men in d past, he will judge u.

Its not easy for one to open up abt thr past because they feel they will b judged.

The problem here isn't one being honest abt thr past, the problem is, will u as d partner not judge him or her and accept thr flaws and move on?

Think befor u want to say yes.
100% correct on your point.

The issue is not whether it's necessary for your partner to reveal the past to you,,but whether you as a human can handle such past and not let it affect your relationship/marriage.

If you know you cannot handle such things then it's better you don't hear it at all and act like you married a saint. If you are willing to hear your partner's past then be prepared to share your own past too without leaving any stone unturned.

Simple... smiley

3 Likes

Re: Advice!!! Must One Know All The Past Of A Partner Before Marriage? by gab264(m): 12:55pm On Oct 28, 2015
Oooh!! lord this can't be meeeeeeee.
I can't believe I survived this "ban"

Anyway Op concerning your thread, will consider and reconsider if that will add to my marital life, if am goin into it.
Re: Advice!!! Must One Know All The Past Of A Partner Before Marriage? by JumpingChicken(m): 2:15pm On Oct 28, 2015
TK0907:

Only the past that can affect the future. If she truly loves you and knows u love her too, she can tell her dirty past and trust that you can be matured enuff to move on with her.
Re: Advice!!! Must One Know All The Past Of A Partner Before Marriage? by Holluwatarhyor(m): 3:02pm On Oct 28, 2015
Not cool please,what if she's the ex president/zonal chairperson of ashanas in her local govt,look into the future,if its not working out,back off abeg
Re: Advice!!! Must One Know All The Past Of A Partner Before Marriage? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 28, 2015
Some secrets are better left untold. I said some

(1) (Reply)

Things Ladies Wish Guys Knew / . / I Need Ur Help People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.