Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Why Is Nigeria Not Working? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Nigeria Not Working? (15053 Views)

Analysis - Buhari Win Means Nigeria, Not Chad, To Lead Boko Haram Fight / Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) / Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jimmyjam: 5:09am On Jan 24, 2009
nigeria is also not working because there are just some concepts that are stupid, for example do you know that if the national seal or mase is missing that the national assembly cannot sit or be in session, what kind of noncence is that?!!!

so your telling me nothing will go on if the useless thing is missing, stupidity
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jimmyjam: 5:13am On Feb 05, 2009
i dont think you people understand the magnitude of economic, political and social fulani influence and the damage they can cause in nigeria and africa .

how can the currency in botswana be called puula, because puula is the real way that fulani call themselves. the word fulani is the engish attempt to pronounce puula!

and if you go to the northern mountainous part of botswana there are fulani there!

the popular political science professor/journalist ali munzrui is a fulani and he's from kenya. so these fulani are spread all over north africa, west africa, east africa and south africa.

same thing ahmed salim ahmed a fulani from somalia, who was permanent secetry general of of oau/african for abour 25years or so
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jimmyjam: 5:30am On Feb 05, 2009
these fulani are a nuisance they cause economic, political and social problem in various african countries by using various methods such as:

1. currency dumping and siphoning: there by causing scarcity, hoarding, inflation etc of a countries currency by manipulating availability of other currencies in a particular country.

2. they are used for terrorism and are the major cause of religious fight in nigeria and other countries that are comprised of both christian and muslim

3. political dominance and control via channelling money from their fellow fulani and arab countries for political settlement, mafia's, etc

4.  information control : they spread the fulani agenda and plan as the plan for a particular country at the united nations,and various forums using the money they have to international media.

e.g they will sell the idea of dredging of river niger as a pressing need to the world bank and lie that the people want it and that they have even discovered oil there etc

5. diplomatic control they make sure they are the ones in key diplomatic posts as secetry general in ecowas, african union, oau, united nations etc

6. they make sure that the southerners that come to prominence are the ones that are pro-fulani
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by sashbaby(f): 7:55pm On Feb 05, 2009
we dont have a listening government.we can all profer solutions but non will see the light of day. for us to move forward begins with each and everyone of us. some of us nairalander might move on to contest elections and probably win but will you remember what u stood for when you start to seeing cowries.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jimmyjam: 8:48am On Feb 10, 2009
why is it that all the hausa-fulani communities in the southern part of nigeria establish their abode beside army barracks.

because they know that if there is conflict with the local indegenes of that area, the soldiers will come to the aid of the hausa and automatically assume that they are not the ones who caused it!
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jimmyjam: 8:52am On Feb 10, 2009
take lagos for example the 3 hausa communities in obalende, yaba and apapa are situated beside dodan barracks, yaba cantontment and navy base respectively!
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jamace(m): 1:28pm On Feb 10, 2009
Nigeria is not working because nigerians are not working for Nigeria!
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by abbywax(m): 5:43pm On Feb 10, 2009
jamace:

Nigeria is not working because Nigerians are not working for Nigeria.[/b][b]

These so called "externalities" ARE NOT BEYOND OUR CONTROL. The problem is, Nigerians believe that there is nothing they can do about the poor state of our infrastructure. We can use the legal system, civil society, our votes, the media, strikes, etc. to force the government to do what they were put in power for.

Nigerians have become docile and complacent - that's why our leaders treat us like fools.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jamace(m): 7:56am On Feb 19, 2009
Nigeria is not working because nigerians are not working for Nigeria!

Especially our so-called leaders! angry
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by abbywax(m): 9:57am On Feb 19, 2009
Look, in Thailand the citizens shut down the airport because they wanted a change of government (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/nov/26/thailand-protests-airport) , in China, people were ready to stand in front of armored tanks because they wanted change but in Nigeria we only complain. I'm not advocating terrorism but I think our leaders are not taking us seriously because they know Nigerians will adjust. Look at this video and tell me which Nigerian will be ready to do this-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-nXT8lSnPQ
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jamace(m): 9:55am On Feb 21, 2009
Nigeria is not working because our leaders are using our money to buy armoured vehicles to protect themselves instead of providing democracy dividends for us. Too baaaad! cry cry
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by Gayigaskia(m): 5:18pm On Feb 21, 2009
@jimmyjam

Nigeria is not working because of people like jimmyjam who don't understand that hate only lead to backwardness. i don't know which state you from but i can tell you if you really is a patriot start by denouncing your own governor who may or may not be a Fulani by insisting on getting things done and condoning corruption. If a Fulani is not your Governor chances are some of your people worked directly with those Hausa/Fulani to defraud your dear State and country. So if you have Brain you will see that our problem in Nigeria is not one ethnic group it is all our leaders and every Nigerian who is not doing the right thing. By reading your post u sounded like those people who always cheat during exams at the University. But i admit the fact that Fulani people are all over Africa and they are smart people, fact that you can't take away from History.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jimmyjam: 11:38pm On Feb 22, 2009
gaskiya can you please summarize your point exactly , its like you said many things but no exact point that your getting at.

im assuming your either a northerner or a northern aplogist or more specifically a fulani.
as i said its not all fulani that are involved in ruining nigeria for example people like buba marwa are fulani that are very good at governance and politics. left to me he would have been a better choice for nigeria than yar adua.

its just that majority of them have this attitude of 'na we dey in charge' and they act on it to make it a reality.

quite alright a lot of southern politicians are crooks, but fulani not only are they crooks they want also to dominate and manipulate the political and fianancial scene in the country without lisfting a finger, its southerners they even use to implement the domination.

tell me the southerner that is involved in currency manipulation? none

how many southerners are involved in political manipulation in the north apart from anenih and possibly ibori? none

but in the north you hear of IBB, jerry useni, dalhatu, yerima, wada nas etc bringing out money for manipulation of politics in the south!

so roasting political and financial suya has now become the main stay of the north.

my issue more specifically is why cant fulani just be self sufficient, let them develp their resources, there are all kinds of resources underground in the north that can be exported, but northerner is too lazy to invest in and develop those resources.

but instead northerner would prefer to go to cameroun, ghana and sao tome to go and secure oil block with the money they stole from govt a good example of this is T.Y Dajuma!

so northerners have this stigma of what i call 'easy money or lazy money'

meaning that the typical northerner dont beleive in the saying 'a hard days pay for a hard days work'

and the funny thing is they use southerners to handle this easy money who will be sweating as the engineer on the oil rig.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jimmyjam: 11:51pm On Feb 22, 2009
ill show you many banks in nigeria that before a huge amount of money over a certain amount can be withdrawn or deposited at that bank.  an alhahaji in either sokoto, kano
has to be notified and approve such transaction

and these are banks that its southerners who are the directors and management.

so fulani operate what i call ghost directorship in a lot of banks and companies meaning i.e that  you will not see a single fulani on the board of that company all the directors will be southerners,  but those southern directors have to clear certain things from one alhaji in the north for business to take place.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jimmyjam: 12:02am On Feb 23, 2009
another aspect is that its not every northerner that is in a possition of power or money in nigeria, some are poorer than some southerners.

the things is you cant feed everyboy or please everybody. if you go to minna market which is close to where IBB hilltop mansion is. you will see some shanty towns and beggers there. so you cant please or help everybody.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by Gayigaskia(m): 1:30am On Feb 23, 2009
@jimmyjam
You understood exactly my point, you are just so coward to admit it . That's why you responded with three different posts. You are just a hater, just like the Germans hated the Jews.
Stop crying, since 1999 for instance the budget of Rivers state is more than a Billion $, more than the budget of Benin Republic but consider all aspects; life is 1000 times better in Benin than in Rivers. If you think all Nigeria's problem is caused by the Hausa Fulani then why some of your people always supports them northerners to come to power all the time.

This is my last point on this as i don't have time for a clown like You
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jimmyjam: 11:37pm On Feb 23, 2009
Im not a coward i dont fear human being, Its IBB who is the coward to not be able to face up to the truth that gideon orkar announced about how he is an errand boy for the caliphate

I did not say all of nigeria problem is caused by hausa-fulan, i said most/majority are cuased by them.

let me be more specific that its not the fulani as a whole who are causing the problem in nigeria but more specifically its the caliphate and those who have ties to the caliphate. i.e the royal families, prices, chiefs and relatives of emirs and thier close family friends who are fulani.

or are you not aware during IBBs time when a specific alhaji i beileve from sokoto or kano who passed away. this alhaji was a signatory to one of nigerias swiss bank  external reserve accounts. the account was changed to his personal name account when the alhaji became seriously ill and doctors already told him he had a little time left.

what would that alhaji who i beileve was a DG of ministry finance at the time be doing by changing that account to his personal account.

there was a squabble in the alhajis family, since he did not name a next of kin being that the man could hard read or write.  IBB then connived with some of the top management of the swiss bank, he gave the bank officials some of  the money , took some for himself and gave a little to the alhajis family. this was money that was virtually 1 billion dollars or more and that belonged to the government.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jimmyjam: 11:39pm On Feb 23, 2009
gaskiya yes your right that ibori stole more money than the budget of benin republic, but here is a breakdown of the beneficiaries of this money:

1 Yar adua
2 IBB  
3 Anenih
4 Hamza Almustapha
5 Ibori himself
6 Some EFCC and ICPC officials

so you can see that hausa are the major beneficiaes with about 40-50% going to them
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by abbywax(m): 8:44am On Feb 24, 2009
Hey people, this argument is futile. Let us stop blaming the North for all our problems. Are we saying that they are smarter or more exposed than the rest of us? Let us take responsibility for our problems.
In the Niger Delta successive governors have looted their state treasuries blind and citizens only grumbled in their bedrooms; as far as I know Peter Odili and Ibori are not Northerners.
We throw our hands up and blame the President and his Ministers but none of us have been able to hold our own Local Government Chairmen to account. Our councilors, house of assembly members, local government chairmen and Governors have been robbing us blind for ages, and our response is to  blame the Hausa and Fulani - very intelligent.
The portion of oil revenue given to oil producing states has increased more than 10 fold in the past 20 years with nothing to show for it. The government set up OMPADEC and our Niger Delta citizens raped it! Now we hear that the Chairman of NDDC gave N500 million to a native doctor. THE CHAIRMAN OF NDDC is not a Northerner!!

Nigeria will only change when we realize that our councilors, local government chairmen and governors are our SERVANTS and we should hold them to account. Northerners will continue to "use our heads" for as long as we are foolish enough to believe that they are responsible for our collective welfare. Nonsense.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jimmyjam: 6:58pm On Feb 24, 2009
abbywax feel free to go and hold your so called govt or politicial servants to ransome lol
if you can handle it let us know lol

and i dont beleive fulani are intelligent because if they where somebody like machiddo with all the influence he has, would have had a private jet that was well serviced and would not enter adc airline.

its possible that maccido and his entourage on that plane did not pay 1 kobo to ADC airlines for that trip, but ended up paying with thier lives.

so the caliphate-fulani are not all that smart, they only make it appear so, but in reality fulani man is as stupid as the cattle they rear.

there are only few pockets of intelligent northerners people such as IBB, marwa etc and they where either born intelligent or they read alot of books to achieve this intelligence.

so gaskiya northerners,  fulani and most specifically caliphate are not intelligent as a whole are not intelligent they are just a nuisance and the bane of society.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jimmyjam: 8:28pm On Feb 24, 2009
why is it that out of all nigerians the only people yar adua listening to are:

sultan of sokoto  - for his influence with the emirs and his religious influence
serkhi muktar - for his influence with armed forces and intelligence agencies in nigeria
yayale ahmed - for his influnce with civil servants
james ibori - for his money
tony anenih - for control over the southern mafia, nigerian police and his politics
olusegun obasanjo - for his international influence
IBB - for overall influence, which is a combination of what all the others have

you can see that 3 out of the 7 are fulani , specifically caliphate! and 1 being from middlebelt i.e IBB

so this calphate is a nuisance and bane to the nigerian and african society at large!

however obasanjo was doing a similar thing with his yorubas as well. but none the less obasanjo would listen to his advisers and ministers even though obasanjo would still chop the money despite the advice!

so if you look at it , its the same thing lol because you might as well not listen to the advisers lol
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by Fhemmmy: 8:44pm On Feb 24, 2009
Too many reasons
b'cos of me and you.
Cos of our foundation
just everything jare
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jimmyjam: 8:58pm On Feb 24, 2009
those middlebelters are they blind to know that even they are more intelligent and hardwarking than fulani.

this is why gideon orkar said that left to him it was fulani areas that should be cut off.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by Fhemmmy: 9:04pm On Feb 24, 2009
jimmyjam:

those middlebelters are they blind to know that even they are more intelligent and hardwarking than fulani.

this is why gideon orkar said that left to him it was fulani areas that should be cut off.

I dont think that was a fear statement.
The fulanis are lazy and yet they rear the animals that other tribes eat?
I Think the person is one of what is wrong with Nija.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jamace(m): 5:44am On Feb 25, 2009
How can things work in Nigeria when religion has blinfolded some people to the extent that when they are tired of praying they look for the nearest innocent souls and start slaughtering. angry
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jimmyjam: 7:13am On Feb 25, 2009
they are planting yam in benue to feed the whole country yam but did i say benue people are lazy , no i didnt! benue are hard working.

thank you jamace you said it.
even when those religious squabbles start , they dont even ask who was wrong or right, they dont even ask who started it, they just join their muslim brother to fight the christians.

and the thign about it its the elderly muslims over the age of 50 years that you will see spearheading the muslim fight. so fulani is not a good leader in anyway because they are showing bad example.

and the next thing soldiers will come, even if the soldiers  are all southerners, they will make sure that the officer who is in charge of the situation is a northern muslim. and he will tell the soldiers shoot at will.

and this is how an igbo soldier will go and kill about 20 of his kinsmen in jos or kano religious clash.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jimmyjam: 7:17am On Feb 25, 2009
the niger delta war is actually a fulani-delta war

the fulani have sent southerners to fight southerners there!

you will see a warri militant kill his own fellow warri soldier and vice versa! thats what is going on while the middlebelt will be the task force commander, then the fulani will sit down in defence headquaters and be recieving reports inside a/c office!
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jimmyjam: 7:21am On Feb 25, 2009
you will see that if they withdraw all the soldiers of southern extraction in niger delta and say only middlebelt and fulani should go and fight, you will immediately see how all of them will tender retirement paper or will go awol (absent without leave). this is to show you that the northerner is timid, lazy and unintelligent, if they have the intelligence to fight niger deltans then let them go there.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jimmyjam: 7:26am On Feb 25, 2009
this is why IBB had to hurriedly relocate to abuja and he made sure he relocated all the major army bases that had tanks, artillery etc

while he left the departments that cant cause much harm in lagos and the south.

these northerners did this so that if theres a civil war they will have an upper hand.

how can somebody be causing war in the niger delta and sendthe deltans own kins men there to resolve the situation, na fulani cause am so make fulani go resolve am.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jimmyjam: 7:28am On Feb 25, 2009
even if ibori is encouraging northerners by giving them stolen money , can those notherners not return the money to the people it belongs to
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jimmyjam: 10:33pm On Feb 25, 2009
If you go to north, they dont pay electricity bill and water bill but they hardly cut off thier water and electricity, if its southerners they will cut it off quickly, so the southerners are suffering to pay for the electricity that the northerners enjoy.

If you go to lever brothers or cadbury depot, hausa mallam is only paying about 60% of the price that southerner is paying for box of buscuit, tom tom etc and this is why mallam can sell small market (which is known as a stall) at cheaper price than anyone else thereby capturing all the money and market.

even fuel hausa go to nnpc depot to fill a tanker of fuel for his petrol station at a fraction of the cost southerner pay to fill the same tanker of fuel.

and you tell me hausa fulani are not the a drain, nuisance to nigeria!
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by Arogunmasa(m): 10:15am On Feb 26, 2009
WHY NIGERIA IS NOT WORKING.

1. From historical approach, Nigeria is not working because it a subject of british creation.
Nigeria as we come to know it ; is as a result of colonial interest. Consequently, the almagamation of 1914 was done to feed the industries of the british empire. If there had been no forceful merger peharps it would have been a diffrent ball game today. Because when people federate the desire to form a union must be apparent, that is when they will be able to forge ahead and accomodate their cultural differences. The almagation of 1914 did not take all these into consideration; it was done to facilitate the plunder of raw resources but did nothing to unite the northern and southern nigeria.

2. In the colonial era, during our experiment at nation building, histroy indicated that regional boundaries were created along ethnic lines. It is my view that it helped fostered the mutual ethnic suspicion that have asumed dangerous height today. It is not uncommon to hear a Niger Deltan looking at the actions of those in corridors of power as a coy to keep them perpetually out power.

3. I think this applies to all African countries. Africans are not been Africentric enough, before the advent of the white man there are sysytems of government in place in most african society. our inability to africanise western practises; to tailor it to our own peaculiar needs is a minus.

4. People are not participating in governmet. Some will say their votes do not count, i say that it is not enough for you to vote but must guard that vote. when you cast your vote dont go back home and sleep. Stay at the polling booth and make sure ballot papers are counted, the numbers recorderd. by so doing u have make our vote count. That is the only way you can decide your true representatives.

5. People must demand accountability from government. It is your right to be informed.

6. This is tied to no.4 above if u dont get the electoral process right you will have a flawed election. it is apparent that one who is not chosen by popular votes cannot be answerable to the electorate. he has to do the bidding of his paymasters. So if nos.4&5 is fulfiled then no.6 will not occur.

This is my humble submission.

Black man you are on your own- Steve Biko

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? / Rochas Okorocha's Spibat Private Estate / CCT’ll Rule On Saraki’s Motion To Dismiss Charges March 24

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.