Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,883 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

The Fear Of A Corp Member - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / The Fear Of A Corp Member (20687 Views)

Earning As A Corp Member / My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. / NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp member Posted To RIVERS Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fear Of A Corp Member by goshen26: 1:06am On Oct 29, 2015
Believe thr is job.....that others don't get does not mean u won't...... Stop confessing negative. It is well
Re: The Fear Of A Corp Member by deltateam: 1:30am On Oct 29, 2015
Rufex07:

I bet you didn't read that that was my reply to VickyRotex post.

Go and sit down joor!

You for kukuma put copyright. Like you have a monopoly of business ideas.

My only concern is if op would be humble enough to start because this' " Am a graduate" will not put food on your table.
Re: The Fear Of A Corp Member by baba11(m): 1:56am On Oct 29, 2015
It will be best if you can be started planning now.Do you just only want to relocate to PH or something that really worth it is on ground.Mind you,don't despise the time of humble beginning.In a field like yours,technicalities count alot. ACT SMART!!!! cool
Re: The Fear Of A Corp Member by dualsurvey: 2:08am On Oct 29, 2015
To the OP, ur aproach to life realy counts. See, there are two ways to life, it's either u stay positive or negative. Two people will always view a half-filled glass cup of water in two different ways. One sees it as half empty while the other sees it as half full. So dont be too anxious or get too nervous cos of uncertainties. Stay positive, pray always, start to prepare for life after NYSC now as you still have more room to prepare yourself. Finally, acquire skills. The sky's the begining for u.
Re: The Fear Of A Corp Member by Catalyst007(m): 3:36am On Oct 29, 2015
Re: The Fear Of A Corp Member by marytmatthew(f): 3:57am On Oct 29, 2015
smiley
Re: The Fear Of A Corp Member by Nobody: 4:20am On Oct 29, 2015
You will definitely get a very very good job,that I can assure yoy,just ensure your Aptitude tests scores are good and you answer your interview questions objectively.
Start applying for jobs, some weeks before your POP,so that you are good to hit the ground and running.

One certainty.... you are are going to make it and also make your family happy.
Ezegozie:
Goodevening Ladies and Gentlemen.
Let me start by introducing myself.
I am Gozie and I graduated from Geology department from one of our Federal Universities in Nigeria (name hidden for confidential reasons).
Well, I am currently serving in Akwaibom state and will pass out next year by April, but I have great fear borthering me sometimes, and that is LIFE AFTER NYSC.

I am an ardent visitor of Job and Vacancy section and I always read some threads created by Job seekers complaining of how Nigeria is devoid of employment and each time I see it, I feel disturbed.

REASONS WHY I AM AFRAID OF LIFE AFTER NYSC

1......My parents are both in the village and I dont have anyplace to go to after service while waiting for employment because I wont like to stay in the village.

2.........Though I graduated with Second Class Upper, I dont have any single connection in the industry and I have been reading posts of how life without connection can be miserable for a job seeker.

3........The highest I can save from this NYSC scheme is 100k, which is not enough capital to venture into any reasonable thing in Nigeria.

Please I seriously need your advice on what to do in other to get Job immediately I finish service next year April because that is the only surest way to raise capital.

I plan to relocate to PH and rent house there while waiting for employment because PH is well industralized and there are lots of oil companies , construction companies and other companies related to my course located in PH.

Looking forward to hearing your response.
Re: The Fear Of A Corp Member by gary400(m): 4:22am On Oct 29, 2015
VickyRotex:
No.3 is a lie! angry
its posibu got her to save 100k bro,it depends on wia she served and moreover she z a lady....if she dey colet 19,800 + 10k state alawee,tell me ow she no go get pass 100k sef....a batch b copa(guy) went home wid almost 150k
Re: The Fear Of A Corp Member by tonychristopher: 5:11am On Oct 29, 2015
Ezegozie:
I am Gozie and I graduated from Geology department from one of our Federal Universities in Nigeria (name hidden for confidential reasons).
Well, I am currently serving in Akwaibom state and will pass out next year by April, but I have great fear borthering me sometimes, and that is LIFE AFTER NYSC.

I am an ardent visitor of Job and Vacancy section and I always read some threads created by Job seekers complaining of how Nigeria is devoid of employment and each time I see it, I feel disturbed.

1......My parents are both in the village and I dont have anyplace to go to after service while waiting for employment because I wont like to stay in the village.

2.........Though I graduated with Second Class Upper, I dont have any single connection in the industry and I have been reading posts of how life without connection can be miserable for a job seeker.

3........The highest I can save from this NYSC scheme is 100k, which is not enough capital to venture into any reasonable thing in Nigeria.

Please I seriously need your advice on what to do in other to get Job immediately I finish service next year April because that is the only surest way to raise capital.

I plan to relocate to PH and rent house there while waiting for employment because PH is well industralized and there are lots of oil companies , construction companies and other companies related to my course located in PH.

Number one we all passed through that stage and you are a man for not deciding going back to your parents be it in village or town. This makes you a man and a pure bred for that matter ...this is a step

Number two forget what you came from the university from...at this point it is immaterial I know they will tell u go do professional course but don't mind them...pick any job that comes your way. You have to start building your experience and don't mind how low the job is once it is legal ...never forget the days of your humble beginnings

Three never depend on human connection but on lord connection ..when I passed our like a decade ago had aunts that are well placed never helped so do not depend on human ...they will fail u.. Pray and work hard ...if you are good in sales as an Igbo boy I know you are good their pls start applying for sale jobs then with time your confidence will grow you can build contacts on clients

It's not how far it is how well

Now brace up it is not gonna be smooth sailing but u will conquer

Today by the grace of God we conquered and still looking out u will conquer

It is a phase in life... Now get urself a decent lady also ..any lady that stick with u now . pls marry her . I know money will come once u are focused but then it will be foolhardy to find a wife

Good luck nwanne

2 Likes

Re: The Fear Of A Corp Member by xpensivealex(m): 5:36am On Oct 29, 2015
d first conection u nid is God,once u r connected wit God then he wil connect u wit ur dream jobs.
Re: The Fear Of A Corp Member by swankylay(m): 5:37am On Oct 29, 2015
davide470:
I always tell people: Focus on the Positive, forget about the negative.

You graduated with a 2.1! Congrats. That means technically, you can apply for any Graduate Trainee Job in any firm in Nigeria. You see threads where people are complaining, so also there are threads where people are getting offers.

On a general note, Olam took 20 or more graduates, PwC took about 120 Graduates, KPMG 150 or so, Sterling: about 100, GTB took up to 400 Entry Level Graduates this year alone, Dangote is planning to take more and these are the figures I am aware of.. Who is getting these Jobs? Foreigners or your fellow graduates?

So, don't be scared. Prepare yourself positively for the Job Market, never let any negative story or thread weigh your down, and abeg forget about Oil Companies (They will always recruit one time in your lifetime with the age limit being flexible) and applying to only "course related" firms.

Finally, Lagos is better than PH for any fresh graduate.

Olam?? OK o. Wc dept to start with?
Re: The Fear Of A Corp Member by Mostprecious(f): 5:55am On Oct 29, 2015
[/font]
Rufex07:
It's not! It is very possible.

For your information, I served 2 years ago in Umuahia and can authoritatively tell you that I bought things well over #250k(a brand new laptop, desktop computer, home appliances, a guitar, two printers, ups etc).

How did I got the money? N19,800 federal allowance, N8,500 state allowance, N8,000 from teaching computer in a private school based on my own time schedule and was earning over N15,000 from computer business and printing business I was doing in the Catholic lodge where I paid just N15,000 for rent. I grossed over N450,000 throughout my service year. The things I bought also helped me pay my bills before getting my current job.

My advise to OP is; N100,000 can definitely get you a small trade or business to start with. Look around your environment, spot what they lack and capitalise on It. Shyness doesn't pay bills, hard work does! I graduated with a 2.1 upper division too.

Also, be of good behavior to win peoples confidence and trust easily. I wish you well.
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
Rufex07:

For your information, I served 2 years ago in Umuahia and can authoritatively tell you that I bought things well over #250k(a brand new laptop, desktop computer, home appliances, a guitar, two printers, ups etc).

How did I got the money? N19,800 federal allowance, N8,500 state allowance, N8,000 from teaching computer in a private school based on my own time schedule and was earning over N15,000 from computer business and printing business I was doing in the Catholic lodge where I paid just N15,000 for rent. I grossed over N450,000 throughout my service year. The things I bought also helped me pay my bills before getting my current job.

My advise to OP is; N100,000 can definitely get you a small trade or business to start with. Look around your environment, spot what they lack and capitalise on It. Shyness doesn't pay bills, hard work does! I graduated with a 2.1 upper division too.

Also, be of good behavior to win peoples confidence and trust easily. I wish you well.
[quote author=Rufex07 post=39465849] It's not! It is very possible.

Also, be of good behavior to win peoples confidence and trust easily. I wish you well. [Oh well, u re a real defination of hardwork! I lik dat, keep it up bruv]
Re: The Fear Of A Corp Member by Mostprecious(f): 6:04am On Oct 29, 2015
The lord is your strength bruv, I didn't go thru all comments but I think they said it ll esp activelyA, Rufex nd icon4s
Re: The Fear Of A Corp Member by Bigdreams(m): 6:10am On Oct 29, 2015
OP,

There's nothing to be afraid of.

There's a thread in the career section started by xfire.

That thread is filled with all you need.

Go ahead and read it.

Have you read Business Sense For Bulk SMS Business?

Click https://www.nairaland.com/2647784/business-sense-bulk-sms-business to read now.
Re: The Fear Of A Corp Member by deniyor: 6:10am On Oct 29, 2015
get a rich girlfriend.
Re: The Fear Of A Corp Member by VickyRotex(f): 6:16am On Oct 29, 2015
gary400:
its posibu got her to save 100k bro,it depends on wia she served and moreover she z a lady....if she dey colet 19,800 + 10k state alawee,tell me ow she no go get pass 100k sef....a batch b copa(guy) went home wid almost 150k

I'm not saying it's not possible to save upto 100k, I saved more than 100k while saving so it's very possible.

I'm saying it's a lie for him to say there's no reasonable business to begin with 100k.
Re: The Fear Of A Corp Member by VickyRotex(f): 6:18am On Oct 29, 2015
Rufex07:

We're saying the same thing na.

'm not saying it's not possible to save upto 100k, I saved more than 100k while saving so it's very possible.

I'm saying it's a lie for him to say there's no reasonable business to begin with 100k.
Re: The Fear Of A Corp Member by Nobody: 6:19am On Oct 29, 2015
makay200:
bros am also in ur shoes am also a geology graduate...I
dey fear

Your fear is not necessary. If anything, let that fear propel you into critical thinking on the way forward. That's how smart folks live.

Fear is one of the greatest enemies of mankind. If not properly channeled it can't destroy our creativity, limit our abilities and emasculated our ingenuity.

The worst is, by constantly brooding over what you fear, your subconscious mind has no option than to bring what you fear to a reality.

So, instead of fear, allow only courageous words to leave your lips.
Re: The Fear Of A Corp Member by ogawisdom(m): 6:39am On Oct 29, 2015
Ezegozie:

Jst pray very hard BC it won't be easy at all. Ur plan to rent a houz in city n hustle is excellent.

Look for someone u will drive keke or taxi for on hire purchase while searching for white collar jobs.

Start teaching in private schools

Go to construction site and learn to mix sand n cement n gravel

All these biz u can start with zero naira, all u need is to invest in skills dt u can use to make money immediately.
Pay to acquire these skills
Computer operation
GSM repairing
Computer repairing
House painting
Driving
Barbing

Pay for rent in ph in a face me I face u yard ie 36k per yr n start hustling there, dnt ever go back n stay with ur parents in the village if u try it u r finished.

God will surely lift u, never despise d days of little beginning, 2.1 is llike ssce nw its either first class or masters or PhD even at dt none guarantees job nw but chances r higher with d latter

If u task urself well BC of the challenge ahead u shld b able to save 120 to 150k frm ur nysc ie if u earn up to 5k local n 19.5k federal n Free rent
Re: The Fear Of A Corp Member by Bsmartt(m): 6:45am On Oct 29, 2015
Hello brother, With 100k you can start a small enterprise. Just try and figure out what you like doing the most and invest your money in it. As for my suggestion, I would rather you invested it on Agricultural business. God will help us.
Re: The Fear Of A Corp Member by JefLonDon(m): 6:55am On Oct 29, 2015
man, how old are you?

best is to relocate to lagos

there are so many jobs in lagos u can do

access bank recruits 2:1 buh u mustnt be more than 24years

gtb and stanbic is 26

job abound in lag,

just go to their main sites and apply

not all those fake job sites like jobberman o!
Re: The Fear Of A Corp Member by laykhorn(m): 7:11am On Oct 29, 2015
VickyRotex:
""which is not enough capital to venture into any reasonable thing in Nigeria""

No.3 is a lie! angry

100k can go a long way!

For real Pls enlighten me on the bolded
Re: The Fear Of A Corp Member by Ezegozie(m): 7:14am On Oct 29, 2015
Waoooooooo. My heart is full of happiness for all your wonderful response. Thank you so much. I really appreciate
Re: The Fear Of A Corp Member by Ezegozie(m): 7:18am On Oct 29, 2015
JefLonDon:
man, how old are you?
best is to relocate to lagos
there are so many jobs in lagos u can do
access bank recruits 2:1 buh u mustnt be more than 24years
gtb and stanbic is 26
job abound in lag,
just go to their main sites and apply
not all those fake job sites like jobberman o!
thanks alot. I am 25yrs old. And I will be 26yrs after 2months of my POP next year, that is June
Re: The Fear Of A Corp Member by oyin01(m): 7:23am On Oct 29, 2015
[quote author=Ezegozie post=39460474]Goodevening Ladies and Gentlemen.
Well, I am currently serving in Akwaibom state and will pass out next year by April, but I have great fear borthering me sometimes, and that is LIFE AFTER NYSC

OKAY. I can relate to your story cos thats was exactly what happened to me.... I just passed out with this last batch C. I lost the excitement of being a corper about two months into my NYSC because i was consumed by the "what next" thoughts... at a point, I couldn't sleep at night, i will think, pray, plan and read all through the night. By the way, I studied Mass Communication in school. Meanwhile I have discovered my interest in sound mixing so I started building my skills just to have a back up plan... Fast forward to two months to finish NYSC I left my PPA for Lagos (in other words, Locate where your skill will sell) miraculously, I met a man who connected me to a man(one of the best in my skill) , I started following him in order to improve my skills... Despite that I don't even have a place to stay, i have to sleep with friends... Right now i am working on set for one of the biggest TV project in Africa.., I hope to get an apartment soon and seriously, call me I can really encourage you with my story... Check my Instagram page for my number @oyind2s
Re: The Fear Of A Corp Member by kenbee(f): 7:26am On Oct 29, 2015
Wrong Concept, Wrong Perception, Wrong Approach and Wrong State-of-mind is what Most of us (Nigeria youths) suffer from.
My brother, If U only attended School just to be counted as a graduate, if not, hunt for job in your related field and do away with most of these "GTB, AccessBank" are recruiting.

Secondly, that many were unlucky in the labour market doesn't mean your case is going to be the same.

Thirdly, Use this opportunity to do some professional courses, Self reliant programs/skills and safety programs to fortify your CV and also equip your self for the worst being ENTREPRENEUR! which is unarguably the BEST.

I search for job after my NYSC for just 3months, got fed up, and started my professional service (electricals) with less than #10k, 3 years after, I have 3 on my pay list.

1 Like

Re: The Fear Of A Corp Member by mrhipup(m): 7:33am On Oct 29, 2015
davide470:
I always tell people: Focus on the Positive, forget about the negative.

You graduated with a 2.1! Congrats. That means technically, you can apply for any Graduate Trainee Job in any firm in Nigeria. You see threads where people are complaining, so also there are threads where people are getting offers.

On a general note, Olam took 20 or more graduates, PwC took about 120 Graduates, KPMG 150 or so, Sterling: about 100, GTB took up to 400 Entry Level Graduates this year alone, Dangote is planning to take more and these are the figures I am aware of.. Who is getting these Jobs? Foreigners or your fellow graduates?

So, don't be scared. Prepare yourself positively for the Job Market, never let any negative story or thread weigh your down, and abeg forget about Oil Companies (They will always recruit one time in your lifetime with the age limit being flexible) and applying to only "course related" firms.

Na go de
Re: The Fear Of A Corp Member by myBoss(m): 7:40am On Oct 29, 2015
Believe in yourself n God.
Be innovative and be a problem solver and money will surely flow into ir acc, it might take a year or two.
Am a proof.

I based in PH n offer this is what i do today.....studied computer Sci & Strategic Mgt n Leadership.

The earlier Nigerian students and graduates learn to be independent after school the sooner we see the change we agitates for.

We are (IMPROVEMENT OPTION LTD), a roof management company based in Nigeria, provides roof management throughout west africa.
We offer roof CLEANING, COATING & RECOATING, ALGAE TREATEMNET & PREVENTION (esp. foe stone coated roof tiles.
We also offer professional advice on the most suitable roof for your environment.
Contact Us on: 08067967579, 07064597515. we are also on whatsapp.
we are at ur service throughout West Africa.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Fear Of A Corp Member by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 29, 2015
[quote author=Icon4s post=39465757]Ezegozie, firstly let me tell u that I also studied Geology (2nd Class Upper) and I served in Akwa-Ibom.

Tackling ur fears from ur listed points:

1. Ur parents living in d village: Yes it mayb a problem if u allow it to be a problem. This is an e-age. Pple no longer walk from office to office looking for jobs. All u need is a mobile phone with internet or a laptop with moderm. Most jobs these days are advertised online. Jst have soft copies if ur credentials. And u should know where d nearest post office is to ur vollage in case u are asked to submit hard copies. And on ur thought of relocating to PH to rent a house when u dnt have a job, dnt try dat. That is suicidal. If u have a friend or relative that live there ok.Same thing if u chose to relocate to Lagos.

2. Issue of connection: I can tell u categorically that u dnt need any connection to get a good job if u have a good grade and u excel at tests and interviews. Ur 2:1 will open up doors of opportunities for u. All that is left is for u to grab them with both hands.

3. Issue of saving enough money during NYSC: My brother u can never save enough no matter how much u earn. Dnt b too bordered abt how much u will save bc as a Corper what u earn is jst enough for ur feeding and transport. However, try and save something no matter how little as u may jst need some little cash to print ur CVs, buy Test questions and pay transport to attend tests and interviews.

Helpful tips for u while still serving: Prepare well. Practise Test past questions, read interview books. Take up (teach) technical subjects like maths and physics, it will sharpen ur brain.

Finally Pray to God for Divine favour and Grace to go through that next stage in ur life.

exactly what is on my mind to say to u op. especially that area of relocating to ph, don't ever try it. one thing is to rent house, how about other things that follows? like he rightly said, you can apply for job from any where u are, u must be in city to apply for job, all you need is a steady internet connectivity, on which I will recommended any BB of OS 7
with cheap BIS a month and u can also use it to edit or CV, send and receive mails immediately if need arises. and and instead of focusing on saving during service, get involved actively in God's work in NCCF, NACC, WCF or MCAN, depending or denomination. if NCCF, pls pay ur tithe, participate in rural rugged actively. then pray to God to show u mercy because berceuse it is of God that showeth mercy. I pray for you that that grace which located me locate u more.
Re: The Fear Of A Corp Member by duruallwell25(m): 7:49am On Oct 29, 2015
[quote author=davide470 post=39464538]I always tell people: Focus on the Positive, forget about the negative.

Nice one bro..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Houses to let For Corp members In Ibadan / NYSC : 20 Corps Members Withdrawn Over Cult Attacks In Bayelsa Community / Is It Right For NYSC To Still Be Posting Corpers To The North?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.