Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,968 members, 7,821,393 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili (28400 Views)

My Fiverr Account Has Started To Nosedive In Recent Times / "How Pastors Have Contributed Negatively To Our Economy Through Tithing" / Ezekwesili Or Soludo Likely To Be CBN Governor, To Replace Emefiele - Guardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by Opinedecandid(m): 9:25am On Oct 29, 2015
LastProphet:

Jambites on nAiralans, only a complete fooool will conclude the economy nosedived under buhari, only the foools that follow Jonathan to the grave. u must be a very very stewpid person in real life to even assume you will be believed by saying gej performed, if i had a son reasoning like you i will strangle him to death with my bare hands and serve him to my dogs

Those names you just reeled out are for you, on you and about you, because what I posted didn't call any body any name.
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by kaboninc(m): 9:26am On Oct 29, 2015
trillville:

Jonathan had the power to reduce his expenditure. Oronsaye suggested that Nigeria restructure its mda's, but Jonathan lacked the political will to carry out his duties. You know this, don't you?

Oga abeg......

Like I said, you hate to keep yourself informed.

Google is your best friend.

And read more of news and not ignorant and misguided opinions from soft sell magazines on the internet.

Go find out about that report and the subsequent release of a white paper.
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by porka: 9:26am On Oct 29, 2015
trillville:

Apart from the early 70's when Gowon built most of our infrastructure, the price of oil had never been as high as it was during the Jonathan era when adjusted for inflation. Even babangida's golf war oil windfall prices weren't this high.

Jonathan was the worst president Nigeria has ever had. Madam iweala knew that the price of oil was going to fall as far back as 2012, yet rather than saving money and allowing our currency to appreciate during the good times, Jonathan's administration spent on bogus programs that yielded next to nothing for Nigeria. Pdp's insistence on government having no business with business blinded jonathan from investing directly in power and technology infrastructure.

Obasanjo had a fraction of Jonathan's income, yet Obasanjo grew our external reserves and our excess crude account. Our currency appreciated from 145 Naira to the dollar to 118 Naira to a dollar between 2004 and 2007.

Why do you think all the major politicians decided to support Buhari in the last election? They could see clearly the long term damage Jonathan's actions had already brought upon Nigeria.

Ps. I have given specific facts with numbers. You can use google to research and verify what I have said if you have the free time.

[size=13pt]You are thoroughly misguided.

Do a simple google search of construction of transmission power lines (national grid) across the country, no government did what Jonathan did since Gowon. That's a huge capital intensive power (electricity) infrastructure, my friend.

Do same for road construction plus railroads.

Jonathan created 12 federal universities.

These things cost serious money.

You can do better than what you have been hearing.

Just sitting down and copying and pasting oil prices is like someone taking his payslips and calculating millions he's been earning since he started working and concluding that he is a multimillionaire whereas he doesn't have much in his bank account, that's foolis.h.

That's the kind of foolishness that birth this present government. Unfortunately, they are rationalizing their situation with further foolishness.

Jonathan's problem was because of his minority status. Gowon had the same problem too, as you can see, several years after he was bitterly overthrown, 'because of corruption' as they claimed then, you are still referencing his achievements. [/size]

3 Likes

Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by kaboninc(m): 9:27am On Oct 29, 2015
soldierdollar:

It was a success . That's why GEJ was reelected grin

I thought I was debating with a human being
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by kaboninc(m): 9:30am On Oct 29, 2015
porka:

You are thoroughly misguided.

Do a simple google search of construction of transmission power lines (national grid) across the country, no government did what Jonathan did since Gowon. That's a huge capital intensive power (electricity) infrastructure, my friend.

Just sitting down and copying and pasting oil prices is like someone taking his payslips and calculating millions he's been earning since he started working and concluding that he is a multimillionaire whereas he doesn't have much in his bank account, that's foolis.h.

That's the kind of foolishness that birth this present government. Unfortunately, they are rationalizing their situation with further foolishness.

Jonathan's problem was because of his minority status. Gowon had the same problem too, as you can see, several years after he was bitterly overthrown, 'because of corruption' as they claimed then, you are still referencing his achievements.

You better leave that guy.

Very ignorant fellow.

Goes about writing rabbish.

I hate to use mean words on people but sometimes, maybe it will help to pass a message and make such a message stick especially for the strong headed type.

And when you try so hard to correct them, they make you look like a pun.k

1 Like

Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by IgweBUIKE1(m): 9:30am On Oct 29, 2015
what we run in this buhari's regime is govt of media and propaganda

2 Likes

Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by vislabraye(m): 9:33am On Oct 29, 2015
liberty300:
You can't solve a problem if you can't first admit that you have a problem

Nigeria's worst problem now is that we won't admit we have a problem. Buhari and his followers won't admit that we have a serious problem in this country.

They won't at all. If you criticise the government, you'll be called a wailing wailer .

1 Like

Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by porka: 9:34am On Oct 29, 2015
Phame:
they are improving.

[size=13pt]In your dreams right?

Even your god isn't so optimistic.

He is currently telling people in India that things are hard.

He earlier told Nigerians in Benin republic not to bother coming home, because things are hard. [/size]

1 Like

Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by alexlee50: 9:40am On Oct 29, 2015
Na today, day break this woman? Abi na now, her eye clear? Abi na because dem no give her appointment, she take style dey complain? Anyway welcome to wailers club, madam

1 Like

Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 29, 2015
lols after loosing ministerial bid she's now complaining of the nation's economy.. someone who insulted Jonathan badly during campaign thinking that she will be given a ministerial bid.....

1 Like

Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by ODUBEZE: 9:43am On Oct 29, 2015
Lolz but if PMB had made you a Minister, you would have being singing another song like sai baba ooooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by freezy(m): 9:44am On Oct 29, 2015
Did anyone notice that there's no news on the link?

Amazing...! shocked 5 pages of banter on non-existent news. undecided
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by soldierdollar(m): 9:46am On Oct 29, 2015
kaboninc:

I thought I was debating with a human being

You were debating with your god
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by ODUBEZE: 9:51am On Oct 29, 2015
madridguy:
Make we see road jare.... Worse than Jonathan era......lol, you cannot jump into conclusion as it is too earlier. Jonathan got 6 good years to prove himself so give PMB a 1 year to do so.

No problem! one year is almost here. Its exactly 5 months today.
I hope you will still stand by your comment in the next 7 months!
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by ODUBEZE: 9:52am On Oct 29, 2015
madridguy:
Make we see road jare.... Worse than Jonathan era......lol, you cannot jump into conclusion as it is too earlier. Jonathan got 6 good years to prove himself so give PMB a 1 year to do so.

No problem! one year is almost here. Its exactly 5 months today.
I hope you will still stand by your comment in the next 7 months that is if it has not nosedive completely!
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by banio: 9:53am On Oct 29, 2015
Please recaption it to "lack of economic policies cause 9ja economy to back-dive to 1982"
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by redsun(m): 9:54am On Oct 29, 2015
There are just do much normads,cattle hearders,prolific looters and heartless thugs can do when it comes to managing a 21st century economy.
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by trillville(m): 10:00am On Oct 29, 2015
porka:

[size=13pt]You are thoroughly misguided.

Jonathan's problem was because of his minority status. Gowon had the same problem too, as you can see, several years after he was bitterly overthrown, 'because of corruption' as they claimed then, you are still referencing his achievements. [/size]

Do you honestly believe that infrastructure in all the 12 universities is worth more than the value of ABU and Unilag. My guy be serious Abeg.

As for power, please can you give an estimate of how much was spent by Jonathan and how many mega watts will result from our expenditure.

Nigeria had the highest number of private jets ever during Jonathan's rule. I believe this is the only notable achievement in his rule.
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by trillville(m): 10:09am On Oct 29, 2015
kaboninc:

You better leave that guy.

Very ignorant fellow.

Goes about writing rabbish.

I hate to use mean words on people but sometimes, maybe it will help to pass a message and make such a message stick especially for the strong headed type.

And when you try so hard to correct them, they make you look like a pun.k

Argh! So you realise you sound like a pun.k? I only stated facts with figures. I am neither Hausa nor Ijaw. Honestly, I did not vote in either of the last two elections. But the truth must stand and as it remains, Jonathan was the most wasteful president Nigeria has ever had. No hard feelings. Have a good day.
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by Guk: 10:10am On Oct 29, 2015
Opinedecandid:

Don't abuse the woman, no need.
Do you know why you should not?

I belong to that category of people the ignorant call 'wailing wallers'

But very soon, we will be vindicated. Or should I have said, we are already vindicated. And at the end too, we shall be absolved of all blames.

Suffice to draw your attention to the fact that recent 'body languages' (events) on our national stage have proven that the problem of Nigeria is NOT PDP and not APC, too.
Recent events at both the Senate and House of Reps have illuminated this fact. Even the not-too-eventful leadership offered by President Buhari (the executive Arm) and the inconsistent, incoherent and twisted rullings by the judiciary also lay credence to the fact that no man or arm is above board. Not one.
Forget the utopian promises APC made, they were all votes-attracting sugar-coated talks

Economies dont nose dive overnight........its an accumulation of Obj's loss of control to Hawks and GEJ's weakness and allowing the greatest theft and impunity ever experienced on the face of the earth. If the extent of GEJ's profligacy is revealed to you.......am not sure what your reaction would be....it might be murderous (Only those who benefited from the profligacy are complaining about his exit.) PDP was destructive to Nigeria.

As for the new govt, its unfair to assess them based on a few months performance.

As for Shagari era, Awolowo kept shouting from the roof top as far back as 1980 that NPN was destroying the country economically but they said he was wailing......we all are reaping the result of years of profligacy

1 Like

Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by kaboninc(m): 10:11am On Oct 29, 2015
trillville:

Argh! So you realise you sound like a pun.k? I only stated facts with figures. I am neither Hausa nor Ijaw. Honestly, I did not vote in either of the last two elections. But the truth must stand and as it remains, Jonathan was the most wasteful president Nigeria has ever had. No hard feelings. Have a good day.

The truth...or your truth?

The day you'll start being objective, that day I'll start taking you serious.

In four years from now, you'll be the one leading the 'wailers' 'wailing' about how wasteful this government will be!

1 Like

Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by 247Dior(m): 10:15am On Oct 29, 2015
porka:

[size=13pt]It's all about her inconsistencies.

Chibok 'girls' have not been found yet, and she has remained very 'inactive' compared to her 'hyperactivity' during the immediate past administration.

People normally see through motives. Many people feel, rightly or wrongly, that she helped bring down the last government in anticipation of something, and now that she has not even been considered close to '300th eleven', she is bitter.

Do you sincerely expect people not to talk about someone who is talking about other people? That would be delusional.[/size]
All this are just assumptions from people coz I remember even before the elections she held a press conference saying that all activities of the Bring Back our girls campaign has been suspended.. so I don't know y people likes judging with sentiments
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by Akpan107(m): 10:23am On Oct 29, 2015
madridguy:
OUR POLICIES MAY HURT SOME BUSINESSES IN THE SHORT TERM, BUT THEY'RE RIGHT FOR THE NATIONAL ECONOMY - BUHARI

President Muhammadu Buhari said Wednesday in New Delhi that despite the fall in oil prices, his Administration remains fully committed to maintaining macro-economic stability and improving investor confidence in Nigeria.

At an interactive session with Chief Executives of Indian companies with interests in Nigeria, President Buhari expressed the belief that with its abundance of human and material resources, the Nigerian economy does not have to suffer unduly from low oil prices, despite its severe impact on government revenues.

"What is required of us, to which we are strongly committed, is the implementation of tight expenditure controls, effective fiscal and monetary policies, including the husbandry of scarce resources which our introduction of the Single Treasury Account has began to address.

"We are aware some of these measures may hurt operations of some businesses in the short term, but we believe they are right for a sustainable economy," the President said.

Noting that India has been a dependable ally and friend of Nigeria, President Buhari urged the Chief Executives to expand their companies' investments in Nigeria "so that we can, together, turn our engagements into a win-win situation for our two countries".

"We can increase and diversify the current volume of our bilateral trade beyond US$16.36 billion, and diversify to other critical sectors such as agriculture; green technologies in power generation; infrastructure; information and communications technologies; the services sector; education; industry, especially textiles and solid minerals among others," the President told them.

President Buhari also urged the Indian CEOs, to accept the changes in policy being introduced by his administration and observe all extant Nigerian laws in running their business in the country.

He warned, particularly, that his administration will not tolerate the importation of sub-standard goods, especially foods and medicines, into Nigeria.
very nice story...
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by Akpan107(m): 10:28am On Oct 29, 2015
Tycoflu:
Wailers can be so f**king irritating. Who is to be blamed for our current economic woes, GEJ( in charge for 5 years of oil boom) or PMB ( inherited a messed up economy as price of oil crash)? If the once acclaimed biggest economy in Africa can crash within few months, then something is definitely wrong with NOI & GEJ.
APC is nothing but a huge disaster... very useless party without direction.
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by porka: 10:32am On Oct 29, 2015
247Dior:
All this are just assumptions from people coz I remember even before the elections she held a press conference saying that all activities of the Bring Back our girls campaign has been suspended.. so I don't know y people likes judging with sentiments

[size=13pt]ah ha a!

Suspended till when and why?

Have the Chibok 'girls' been found now?

You are even affirming the inconsistencies.

Elections have been over now for 7 months, why is she still 'inactive'?

Oby Ezekwesili is not devoid of 'sentimental judgment' too. They even had to LIE about a particular 'Chibok girl parent' until the security agents discovered it was a barefaced LIE. Those were some of the things they concocted to paint a government terribly bad.

She has to live with any kind of 'sentiments' people judge her with.[/size]
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by trillville(m): 10:39am On Oct 29, 2015
kaboninc:

The truth...or your truth?

The day you'll start being objective, that day I'll start taking you serious.

In four years from now, you'll be the one leading the 'wailers' 'wailing' about how wasteful this government will be!

Oil is ranging between 45 dollars and 50 dollars per barrel now, through no fault of Buhari. You should be a ashamed of yourself for criticising his government at a time like this.

We are in a belt tightening era now and we can only hope for things to get better.
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by esoket1776: 10:46am On Oct 29, 2015
Waz she saying? Like she doesn't know waz actually happening d world over, worsened in Nigeria by their corrupt practice? Check dis http://nairaeconomy..com
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by sammhi(m): 10:54am On Oct 29, 2015
Tycoflu:
Wailers can be so f**king irritating. Who is to be blamed for our current economic woes, GEJ( in charge for 5 years of oil boom) or PMB ( inherited a messed up economy as price of oil crash)? If the once acclaimed biggest economy in Africa can crash within few months, then something is definitely wrong with NOI & GEJ.

Dont exhibit your foolishness in public. Any economy can crash in few months. the problem of PMB and Apc is that they seem not to have a clue of what to do. Venezuela economy crashed in few months after the death of their president . China economy is ailing even with same person in power ..
But the issue here is fact that PMB is doing nothing or does not know what to do.Appointment of ministers is now a big achievement . He does not even know the value of ministers. There is so much politicking with little or no governance. Politics reminiscent of OBJ era do or die or win at all cost .
what are his policies ?none yet....so how are we to move forward......without clear chart ways or pattern
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by Tex42(m): 10:56am On Oct 29, 2015
What is she saying?! Abeg go and ask bubu to bring back our girls...
Hmmm! the bring back our girls campaign has taken a nosedive too.
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by disloman(m): 10:57am On Oct 29, 2015
porka:

[size=13pt]Has the situation improve since 4-5months months now?

If they have to fine a single company over $5b to raise money for their programs it should tell you that the situation is getting more precarious.[/size]

You are so daft that your foolishness is incurable.If they don't fine,you will still open that your far-wide mouth to utter trash.Go and hang yourself.
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by jonuel1(m): 10:58am On Oct 29, 2015
Tycoflu:

Read your post again. Starting from. "If the once acclaimed..."
Why won't the economy crash after months without economic policy?
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by porka: 11:14am On Oct 29, 2015
trillville:

Do you honestly believe that infrastructure in all the 12 universities is worth more than the value of ABU and Unilag. My guy be serious Abeg.

As for power, please can you give an estimate of how much was spent by Jonathan and how many mega watts will result from our expenditure.

Nigeria had the highest number of private jets ever during Jonathan's rule. I believe this is the only notable achievement in his rule.

[size=13pt]Oga 'facts and figures'.

After copying and pasting oil prices here and there, you've now found it extremely difficult to do a simple search on expenditure profile, why did you tire so soon? Check google on those expenditure and the 'megawatts'.

Infrastructure upgrade is still ongoing in all the federal and state universities across the country, courtesy of Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund).

ABU and Unilag that you mentioned benefited hugely from Jonathan's fiscal policies. It was part of the reasons ASUU went on strike for about 6 months, they insisted the federal government include even the state universities in their infrastructure upgrade.

Comparing 3 year old universities' infrastructure with more than 50 year old ABU and Unilag is like comparing ABU and Unilag with Harvard - with a total $20b annual budget (that's about the entire annual budget of the federal government of Nigeria).

You seem to be 'bitter' about people's success. When your oil prices propaganda doesn't seem to work, you are now trying to come after private jet owners.

People have been buying private jets in Nigeria for ages. Many more people will still buy. You can buy too if you work hard and stop being hateful of success. Those people didn't wait for 5000 naira stipends from government, they got down with their lives and achieved what they achieved. [/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

You Too Can Mine Bitcoin In Nigeria / FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff / Golden Guinea Is Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.