Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili (28411 Views)

My Fiverr Account Has Started To Nosedive In Recent Times / "How Pastors Have Contributed Negatively To Our Economy Through Tithing" / Ezekwesili Or Soludo Likely To Be CBN Governor, To Replace Emefiele - Guardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by jimmayoy: 11:14am On Oct 29, 2015
The difference between the wailing wailers and the change agents is that the wailers are always in a hurry hence they read without understanding and they rush to comment. Now let me explain to the wailers what madam ezekwesili actually said, she likened Jonathan's administration to that of shehu shagari of 1982 where politicians were looting public treasury with impunity, she even felt pity for PMB knowing how difficult it must be to handle such an economy with very little resources and skyrocketed expectations from we Nigerians, now the wailers thinks that the woman is complaining but what she actually did is to take a swipe at Jonathan's corruption administration.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by porka: 11:21am On Oct 29, 2015
trillville:

Oil is ranging between 45 dollars and 50 dollars per barrel now, through no fault of Buhari. You should be a ashamed of yourself for criticising his government at a time like this.

We are in a belt tightening era now and we can only hope for things to get better.

[size=13pt]Oh! Are you just knowing that?

Didn't you people say all the 'stolen' money when 'collected' would compensate for the dwindling oil revenue?

All the trillions and mega zillions 'looted' are still not in the country yet. [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by porka: 11:30am On Oct 29, 2015
disloman:
You are so daft that your foolishness is incurable.If they don't fine,you will still open that your far-wide mouth to utter trash.Go and hang yourself.

[size=13pt]Don't worry, they will soon start paying you 5000 naira stipend. You can then use some of it to enroll for English comprehension lessons at your Iragbiji village, there are some youth corps members there to assist you.

It will save you this public embarrassment and reduce your high blood pressure.

Cheers![/size]

1 Like

Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by obailala(m): 11:38am On Oct 29, 2015
Only pure dullards living in irrational denial would blame the present administration for the nosedive in Nigeria's economy.
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 29, 2015
madridguy:
Make we see road jare.... Worse than Jonathan era......lol, you cannot jump into conclusion as it is too earlier. Jonathan got 6 good years to prove himself so give PMB a 1 year to do so.

If Buhari's 5 months as your president (he's not my President) has turned Nigeria to a certified hell, then wait for it Bro, the remaining 3.5 years is gonna be a very very long ride... just wait till the N.D Militants start from January 1, 2016.
Meanwhile, enjoy your rotten change and your smelly body odour

1 Like

Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by porka: 12:05pm On Oct 29, 2015
obailala:
Only pure dullards living in irrational denial would blame the present administration for the nosedive in Nigeria's economy.

[size=13pt]Don't mind those 'dullards'.

How is it even conceivable to say the economy is 'nosediving'.

Nosedive of Nigeria's economy bawo?

They don't know that the economy is in the 'BEST' form since amalgamation of 1914.

24 hour-constant electricity supply
now under the 'New Muhammadu in town'.

They don't know nothing. [/size]
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by kaboninc(m): 12:39pm On Oct 29, 2015
trillville:

Oil is ranging between 45 dollars and 50 dollars per barrel now, through no fault of Buhari. You should be a ashamed of yourself for criticising his government at a time like this.

We are in a belt tightening era now and we can only hope for things to get better.

See this one?

Because you turn your eyes away, you just have no idea of the various missteps of this administration.

I don't think you know or are informed or have an idea of the oil prices you quoted.

When President Jonathan assumed presidency immediately after the death of President Yar'Adua, it took him roughly three - four months (August) to set in motion and inaugurate the Road Map for Power Reform. You know what that means? A conscious, concerted, brilliant and creative step in the right direction. It sent across a strong message to all stakeholders of the Nigerian Dream, a message that we are set to get it right! A message that indeed, the catalyst to a radiant Nigeria lies on the availability of electricity. Today, that Road Map has metamorphosed into the guided un-bundling of the Discos and Gencos and a virile and vibrant electricity sector that indeed has a direction.

A direction that has seen the injection of FDI into the sector, guided development of other alternative sources of energy and more so, creation of jobs and other social benefits, helping in the development of other sectors of the industry such as the gas industry (the Gas Sector Road Map) as we are beginning to witness reduction in gas flared from oil production as more gas is made available for power plants. Today we hear of 'Embedded Systems' and a rigorous dialogue is ongoing that will remove the lid against companies producing electricity above a certain threshold while either self-using it or distributing it for sale without channeling it to the national grid.

Today, with have a focused, committed, informed Electricity Regulator with a listening ear and an open arm for dialogue. Today, Nigerians (consumers) are given the opportunity to engage with the distributors and their inputs will be considered when formulating policies and direction. That is an example of an all-inclusive system. Someone laid that foundation.

In as much as the challenges are there, they are being surmounted and today we (including you and your fellow travelers) are reaping the fruits these of selfless actions. Most shameful is the fact that people like you ignorantly attribute the success of today to the current administration.

Today is the 29th of October, 5 months after the inauguaration of President Buhari and about 8 months since he was declared winner of the Presidential Election and up till date, no single policy initiative, direction or implementation has been pronounced, initiated or muted.

All we hear - most especially from people like you - are "GEJ is the worst President in Nigeria's history", "All the $6 billion stolen by former ministers will be apprehended", "Buhari's body language will wipe away our sins", "The Worst Of Buhari Is Greater Than The Best of GEJ", "Presidet Buhari will send down saints as minister"......

You should be the ashamed one!

Go get a proper sense!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by MizMyColi(f): 12:43pm On Oct 29, 2015
kaboninc:

See this one?

Because you turn your eyes away, you just have no idea of the various missteps of this administration.

I don't think you know or are informed or have an idea of the oil prices you quoted.

When President Jonathan assumed presidency immediately after the death of President Yar'Adua, it took him roughly three - four months (August) to set in motion and inaugurate the Road Map for Power Reform. You know what that means? A conscious, concerted, brilliant and creative step in the right direction. It sent across a strong message to all stakeholders of the Nigerian Dream, a message that we are set to get it right! A message that indeed, the catalyst to a radiant Nigeria lies on the availability of electricity. Today, that Road Map has metamorphosed into the guided un-bundling of the Discos and Gencos and a virile and vibrant electricity sector that indeed has a direction.

A direction that has seen the injection of FDI into the sector, guided development of other alternative sources of energy and more so, creation of jobs and other social benefits, helping in the development of other sectors of the industry such as the gas industry (the Gas Sector Road Map) as we are beginning to witness reduction in gas flared from oil production as more gas is made available for power plants. Today we hear of 'Embedded Systems' and a rigorous dialogue is ongoing that will remove the lid against companies producing electricity above a certain threshold while either self-using it or distributing it for sale without channeling it to the national grid.

Today, with have a focused, committed, informed Electricity Regulator with a listening ear and an open arm for dialogue. Today, Nigerians (consumers) are given the opportunity to engage with the distributors and their inputs will be considered when formulating policies and direction. That is an example of an all-inclusive system. Someone laid that foundation.

In as much as the challenges are there, they are being surmounted and today we (including you and your fellow travelers) are reaping the fruits these of selfless actions. Most shameful is the fact that people like you ignorantly attribute the success of today to the current administration.

Today is the 29th of October, 5 months after the inauguaration of President Buhari and about 8 months since he was declared winner of the Presidential Election and up till date, no single policy initiative, direction or implementation has been pronounced, initiated or muted.

All we hear - most especially from people like you - are "GEJ is the worst President in Nigeria's history", "All the $6 billion stolen by former ministers will be apprehended", "Buhari's body language will wipe away our sins", "Presidet Buhari will send down saints as minister"......

You should be the ashamed one!

Go get a proper sense!

You forgot to add the latest one.

The Worst Of Buhari Is Greater Than The Best of GEJ

1 Like

Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by Eluwilussit(m): 12:51pm On Oct 29, 2015
Charliewyt:

And the girls suddenly stoped missing when PMB assumed office, why did the BBOG campaign suddenly went dead?, OBY EZEKWESILI is a desperate woman that will do anything to remain relivant.

Thanks for saving my time. Was about answering the hypocrite, then I read your post.

1 Like

Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by trillville(m): 12:55pm On Oct 29, 2015
porka:

[size=13pt]Oh! Are you just knowing that?

Didn't you people say all the 'stolen' money when 'collected' would compensate for the dwindling oil revenue?

All the trillions and mega zillions 'looted' are still not in the country yet. [/size]

When did I become you people.

Your comment about my opinions on private jet owners shows how primitive you are in your thought process. For a country to lack pipe borne water and constant electricity in 2015, and its citizens feel they should waste money on private jets shows why Africans are seen as monkeys by the developed world.

God forbid I ever think like you. Chai ignorance is truly a disease.
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by trillville(m): 1:10pm On Oct 29, 2015
Kaboninc.

Every president Nigeria has had contributed in one form or another to our development.

This does not mean we should not compare the degree to which we have benefitted from our leader's actions.

All I am saying is that from a macro economic perspective (which I personally feel is the most important in leadership), Jonathan is the worst president we have ever had. I base my claim on the fact that he had the highest average price of crude oil (adjusted for inflation) during his presidency and yet our currency did not appreciate, we had little to zero savings, and not much infrastructure was built. You can't dispute this fact.

I like Jonathan as a person, he saved a lot of lives by not contesting the election results and he set a great precedent for other African leaders to follow. All this does not change the fact that he oversaw the plundering of Nigeria's economy. If you weren't from SS or SE you wouldn't be supporting him this much.
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by kaboninc(m): 1:55pm On Oct 29, 2015
trillville:
Kaboninc.

Every president Nigeria has had contributed in one form or another to our development.

[s]This does not mean we should not compare the degree to which we have benefitted from our leader's actions. [/s]

All I am saying is that from a macro economic perspective (which I personally feel is the most important in leadership), Jonathan is the worst president we have ever had. [s]I base my claim on the fact that he had the highest average price of crude oil (adjusted for inflation) during his presidency and yet our currency did not appreciate, we had little to zero savings, and not much infrastructure was built. You can't dispute this fact.[/s]

[s]I like Jonathan as a person, he saved a lot of lives by not contesting the election results and he set a great precedent for other African leaders to follow. All this does not change the fact that he oversaw the plundering of Nigeria's economy. If you weren't from SS or SE you wouldn't be supporting him this much.[/s]

See how busy you are contradicting yourself!

All I am saying is that from a macro economic perspective (which I personally feel is the most important in leadership), Jonathan is the worst president we have ever had.

And I asked you: if our revenue increased, what happened to our expenditures?

What happened to the various NIPP projects that are in various stages of completion? What happened to the various rail tracks across the length and breadth of the country? What happened to the various road projects? What happened to the increase of more than 100% of NYSC allowee? What happened to the increase in salaries and remuneration both across Federal Workers (over 51%)?

GEJ is the worst president yet you have a complete Benin - Ore road. He supervised the plundering of our resources yet you are witnessing a scheduled reconstruction of Lagos - Ibadan road.

GEJ is too week yet not even one politically motivated (or sponsored) killing of any individual.

GEJ is not fit to be a leader, yet we saw massive improvement in our agricultural sector. For the first time in a long time, local production kept the price of rice from skyrocketing during the Christmas Season. We had a guided follow-up of cassava flour utilization in the processing of bread.

But trillville is just too blind to notice this. Simply because bad news attracts massive attention!

I like Jonathan as a person, he saved a lot of lives by not contesting the election results and he set a great precedent for other African leaders to follow.

No, you HATE GEJ for a foo.lish and stu.pid reason that an ant bit his finger!

Can someone who saved the lives of a lot of his country folk be said to the worst president we have ever had?

The way you guys slander, destroy and humiliate someone then come around to paint it with the fact that he saved the lives of folks makes me puke!

Just take you misguided hatred to wherever it came from!

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by kaboninc(m): 2:00pm On Oct 29, 2015
MizMyColi:

You forgot to add the latest one.

The Worst Of Buhari Is Greater Than The Best of GEJ

Noted! wink smiley
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by biafranqueen: 3:05pm On Oct 29, 2015
Standing5:
You picked the wrong governor. Ameachi left Rivers state with public schools that gave parents reason to stop patronising private schools. Can you say same of Uduaghan(Delta)? Wike has gone through N140 billion in 5 months with nothing to show and was a minster. Discuss that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odNbUkc9avo
Wettin we discuss again?
Are you talking about those model schools that one child never enter?
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by jonnieoneng: 4:11pm On Oct 29, 2015
WHILE I BELIEVE EVERY ONE IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OPINION,I TAKE EXCEPTION WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS SERVED AS A POLITICAL OFFICE HOLDER AND DIDNT DO ANY WONDERS.THAT WOMAN WITH AN OVER BLOTTED LIP USED THE SO CALLED DUE PROCESS AS A MEANS OF ENRICHING HERSELF AND HER CRONIES.THE FACT IS SHE MUST HAVE FINISHED SPENDING THOSE MONIES SHE ACCUMULATED AND SHE IS NOW SEEKING ATTENTION
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by Indializzie(f): 4:20pm On Oct 29, 2015
LOOK FOR PEOPLE GOING SOMEWHERE AND GET A LAND B4 THEY GET THERE!

Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by SeverusSnape(m): 4:42pm On Oct 29, 2015
kaboninc:

See how busy you are contradicting yourself!

And I asked you: if our revenue increased, what happened to our expenditures?

What happened to the various NIPP projects that are in various stages of completion? What happened to the various rail tracks across the length and breadth of the country? What happened to the various road projects? What happened to the increase of more than 100% of NYSC allowee? What happened to the increase in salaries and remuneration both across Federal Workers (over 51%)?

GEJ is the worst president yet you have a complete Benin - Ore road. He supervised the plundering of our resources yet you are witnessing a scheduled reconstruction of Lagos - Ibadan road.

GEJ is too week yet not even one politically motivated (or sponsored) killing of any individual.

GEJ is not fit to be a leader, yet we saw massive improvement in our agricultural sector. For the first time in a long time, local production kept the price of rice from skyrocketing during the Christmas Season. We had a guided follow-up of cassava flour utilization in the processing of bread.

But trillville is just too blind to notice this. Simply because bad news attracts massive attention!

No, you HATE GEJ for a foo.lish and stu.pid reason that an ant bit his finger!

Can someone who saved the lives of a lot of his country folk be said to the worst president we have ever had?

The way you guys slander, destroy and humiliate someone then come around to paint it with the fact that he saved the lives of folks makes me puke!

Just take you misguided hatred to wherever it came from!
[img]http://media./media/D3I3ry1kWzL44/giphy.gif[/img]

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by Austeenite(m): 4:42pm On Oct 29, 2015
This woman na bad loser...Talk is always cheap though! grin grin grin
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by moffat(m): 5:00pm On Oct 29, 2015
fake News, big lie.................!
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by badesco(m): 5:34pm On Oct 29, 2015
She thought may she would be appointed as a minister but unfortunately, No, hence this uncomplimentary statement.
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by Phame: 5:57pm On Oct 29, 2015
porka:

[s][size=13pt]In your dreams right?

Even your god isn't so optimistic.

He is currently telling people in India that things are hard.

He earlier told Nigerians in Benin republic not to bother coming home, because things are hard. [/size][/s]
liar!
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by 400billionman: 7:15pm On Oct 29, 2015
madridguy:
OUR POLICIES MAY HURT SOME BUSINESSES IN THE SHORT TERM, BUT THEY'RE RIGHT FOR THE NATIONAL ECONOMY - BUHARI

President Muhammadu Buhari said Wednesday in New Delhi that despite the fall in oil prices, his Administration remains fully committed to maintaining macro-economic stability and improving investor confidence in Nigeria.

At an interactive session with Chief Executives of Indian companies with interests in Nigeria, President Buhari expressed the belief that with its abundance of human and material resources, the Nigerian economy does not have to suffer unduly from low oil prices, despite its severe impact on government revenues.

"What is required of us, to which we are strongly committed, is the implementation of tight expenditure controls, effective fiscal and monetary policies, including the husbandry of scarce resources which our introduction of the Single Treasury Account has began to address.

"We are aware some of these measures may hurt operations of some businesses in the short term, but we believe they are right for a sustainable economy," the President said.

Noting that India has been a dependable ally and friend of Nigeria, President Buhari urged the Chief Executives to expand their companies' investments in Nigeria "so that we can, together, turn our engagements into a win-win situation for our two countries".

"We can increase and diversify the current volume of our bilateral trade beyond US$16.36 billion, and diversify to other critical sectors such as agriculture; green technologies in power generation; infrastructure; information and communications technologies; the services sector; education; industry, especially textiles and solid minerals among others," the President told them.

President Buhari also urged the Indian CEOs, to accept the changes in policy being introduced by his administration and observe all extant Nigerian laws in running their business in the country.

He warned, particularly, that his administration will not tolerate the importation of sub-standard goods, especially foods and medicines, into Nigeria.

Buhari knows nothing about business. He cannot grow this economy. It is not his calling.

Is it a coincidence that under his military regime, Nigerians suffered and now under him again, Nigerians are suffering. ?
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by 400billionman: 7:20pm On Oct 29, 2015
Tycoflu:
Wailers can be so f**king irritating. Who is to be blamed for our current economic woes, GEJ( in charge for 5 years of oil boom) or PMB ( inherited a messed up economy as price of oil crash)? If the once acclaimed biggest economy in Africa can crash within few months, then something is definitely wrong with NOI & GEJ.

You obviously do not know how institutions work. From the very day a new Chief Executive takes over, all the glory and blames are his.

Note, Glory and blames.
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by 400billionman: 7:42pm On Oct 29, 2015
madridguy:
My brother forget that and let start seeing thing from the right perspective. If I had the opportunity then I will do more than Madam Oby. I don't want to stress myself earlier about how GEJ wasted the lives of the Chibok girls but God alone will judge him. Anyone who tells GEJ of then the truth will be tagged as his enemy. He got problem with OBJ then when the elderly state men was trying to call to his attention about his lapses on security matters. He was advised to tighten our border security then when Mohammed Ghadaffi incident happened in Libya and instead of that his busy doing nonsense. Oby can say anything to PMB since it is for the betterment of our beloved Nigeria it is fully allowed.

OBJ will still oppose Buhari

Mark these words.
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by 400billionman: 8:14pm On Oct 29, 2015
biafranqueen:
grin a big lesson, Roaches from Imo just kept quiet as not to bring attention to his shameful betrayal, he thought speaking the language and schooling with his northern classmates would give him advantage, they show him real pepper.
Waiting to see your BiafranKing moniker, am sure you will bruise some egos before that wink.

Abeg, who is Roaches ?

You mean the Cockroach governor.

Umu Biafra, una no go kill me. cheesy Amen !

1 Like

Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by Chiaka(f): 12:00pm On Oct 30, 2015
#BringBackOurGirls was a Scam, It never happened. Designed to give APC more voice especially internationally. wink

madridguy:
She did her best then to inform GEJ that truly some girls were missing.

Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by Chiaka(f): 12:02pm On Oct 30, 2015
Haba! Why you no talk since, so Conductor Nova give you change ha im you keep mute since grin grin grin grin grin
fran6co:
I THOUGHT THEY PROMISED US CHANGE
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by hush15: 11:14am On Nov 02, 2015
hensben:
Its too early to get high. Btw, the interview is old.
Wailing wailers I fear una.

Abeg fear, you need am. It's not too early anything. It's is the time to get his act together while it's still fresh and good to leverage else, Nigerians we no dey Tey before they get bored begins to kick his butt....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Golden Guinea Is Back / The US Will Not Reject Old Dollar Notes From January 2023 / SCORPION TRADE: A Single Black Scorpion Can Earn You $50,000 -aljazeera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.