Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Must There Be Quarrels And Misunderstandings In Every Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Must There Be Quarrels And Misunderstandings In Every Relationship? (3577 Views)

Misunderstandings In Long Term Relationships. / Relationship Quarrels And Friends / 3 Elements Every Relationship Needs If It Is Going To Last (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must There Be Quarrels And Misunderstandings In Every Relationship? by Ben13: 4:58pm On May 07, 2009
Why is it beleived that in every relationship, there must be a period of misunderstandings and quarells?

Be it marriage or a dating relationship.

Share your opinions.
Re: Must There Be Quarrels And Misunderstandings In Every Relationship? by sistawoman: 5:00pm On May 07, 2009
because we are humans.
Re: Must There Be Quarrels And Misunderstandings In Every Relationship? by tope5000: 5:00pm On May 07, 2009
Misunderstandings are bound to happen in any relationship, working or non-working. One way of avoiding hurtful resentments that may result from these misunderstandings is to keep an open line of communication with your partner.
Re: Must There Be Quarrels And Misunderstandings In Every Relationship? by Ben13: 5:06pm On May 07, 2009
meaning it is natural. right?

this guys just keep disturbing my peace wiff their everyday quarrels. I'm tired of settling cases o jare
Re: Must There Be Quarrels And Misunderstandings In Every Relationship? by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 07, 2009
I don't know why we seclude marriage or dating as if in other kinds of relationship like friendship, family we don't have misunderstandings undecided. You should understand we are people with different views. It's only natural to have misunderstandings.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Must There Be Quarrels And Misunderstandings In Every Relationship? by No2Atheism(m): 7:06pm On May 07, 2009
sistawoman:

because we are humans.

Great answer @sisterwoman, sometimes i wonder whether you are a full blooded African American, cus it seems your simple common sense and sense of right and wrong is really starting to sound like that of a normal African.

Alternatively maybe your husband's DNA has mixed with your own a little too much after all the  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

-------------------------------------------------

@topic

The Utopian idea is that there should not be quarrels and misunderstandings in a relationship, however the reality of life and of being human is that there would always be quarrels and misunderstandings in a relationship

In support of the very simple but encompassing answer given by @sisterwoman, the truth is that quarrels and misunderstandings are in every relationship. The difference however is whether or not there is love in that relationship to handle all the quarrels.

This is because love is what enables the two parties in the relationship[b] to continue[/b] to forgive each other and overlook all the quarrels and misunderstanding.

Hence my own motto is that:

If i can't sincerely tell a woman that[b] i love her[/b] without feeling that am lying about it, then i simply can't be in a relationship with her, cus[b] true love[/b] is the only thing that would sustain such a relationship in future when quarrels and misunderstandings start rearing their heads.
Re: Must There Be Quarrels And Misunderstandings In Every Relationship? by yme1(f): 8:53pm On May 07, 2009
problems are opportunities for corrections
Re: Must There Be Quarrels And Misunderstandings In Every Relationship? by Igwe9(m): 8:12am On May 08, 2009
grin grin grin We atimes fail ourselves/blame hell out of ourselves grin not to talk of two people with different medulla oblongata. smiley
Re: Must There Be Quarrels And Misunderstandings In Every Relationship? by bluespice(f): 8:18am On May 08, 2009
it must happen, every individual has their own opinions
Re: Must There Be Quarrels And Misunderstandings In Every Relationship? by Ben13: 4:07pm On May 08, 2009
really?
Re: Must There Be Quarrels And Misunderstandings In Every Relationship? by bluespice(f): 4:09pm On May 08, 2009
yes
Re: Must There Be Quarrels And Misunderstandings In Every Relationship? by Ben13: 4:15pm On May 08, 2009
so many home have broken 'cos of this misunderstandings. you knw?

If everyone beleives there must be misunderstandings at times, why let it destroy their relationships?
Re: Must There Be Quarrels And Misunderstandings In Every Relationship? by steve49ja(m): 4:18pm On May 08, 2009
When a relationship is without quarrels and troubles then both partners aint real to themselves.
Come to think of it all lovey lovey and no quarrel makes the relationship a dull one. cheesy
Re: Must There Be Quarrels And Misunderstandings In Every Relationship? by Secretz(f): 4:19pm On May 08, 2009
Yes there must. However, I do not believe it should be intentionally initiated.

We are all humans at the end of the day and pesonally, through misunderstandings and quarrells, you can actually get to understand and know one another better, as topics and issues may arise that you would have never thought about, and it's often a time and opportunity to tackle them.

If there were too many misunderstandings as in more bad times than good, then that's also a way of underderstanding that that person may not be for you.

Fair enough we can't agree on everything, but neither can we disagree on everything.  grin
Re: Must There Be Quarrels And Misunderstandings In Every Relationship? by Oxone(m): 4:21pm On May 08, 2009
steve49ja:

When a relationship is without quarrels and troubles then both partners aint real to themselves.
Come to think of it makes the relationship more fun. cheesy

when you you quarrel, your partner respects your views about certain issues & this makes the bond stronger
Re: Must There Be Quarrels And Misunderstandings In Every Relationship? by bluespice(f): 4:22pm On May 08, 2009
ben, they get out of hand cos of different reasons
as there r different people with different opinions, so also are there different reactions to different situations
Re: Must There Be Quarrels And Misunderstandings In Every Relationship? by Secretz(f): 4:26pm On May 08, 2009
bluespice:

ben, they get out of hand cos of different reasons
as there r different people with different opinions, so also are there different reactions to different situations

Exactly, hence the reason to then understand one another better. grin
Re: Must There Be Quarrels And Misunderstandings In Every Relationship? by tope5000: 4:29pm On May 08, 2009
Oxone:

when you you quarrel, your partner respects your views about certain issues & this makes the bond stronger

True . . . .but not in all cases, some men just see it as nagging or moaning undecided
Re: Must There Be Quarrels And Misunderstandings In Every Relationship? by bluespice(f): 4:30pm On May 08, 2009
lol yeah
but then arguments should be morderated wink
no need to be overtly insultive n what not

tope i chose to call those menby their real names- babies
Re: Must There Be Quarrels And Misunderstandings In Every Relationship? by whitelexi(m): 4:31pm On May 08, 2009
Anything that involves women will most definitely have some misunderstanding attached, its just natural to their DNA
Re: Must There Be Quarrels And Misunderstandings In Every Relationship? by Secretz(f): 4:34pm On May 08, 2009
tope5000:

True . . . .but not in all cases, some men just see it as nagging or moaning undecided

A REAL intelligent man will know when a good woman is 'talking' for the best of the relationship. Let them nag jare, we women are not stupid! lol

bluespice:

lol yeah
but then arguments should be morderated wink
no need to be overtly insultive n what not

Abi!! That is why we are there to mother them, advise them and talk sense to them.   grin

whitelexi:

Anything that involves women will most definitely have some misunderstanding attached, its just natural to their DNA

Go and find a seat! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Must There Be Quarrels And Misunderstandings In Every Relationship? by whitelexi(m): 4:35pm On May 08, 2009
@Secretz, i was sitting when i posted that grin
Re: Must There Be Quarrels And Misunderstandings In Every Relationship? by tope5000: 4:36pm On May 08, 2009
bluespice:

Tee hee hee . . .and thatz what they are cheesy

whitelexi:

*Roll eyez*
If guys already know that its in our DNA then why complain that we nag too much undecided

Secretz:

A REAL intelligent man will know when a good woman is 'talking' for the best of the relationship. Let them nag jare, we women are not stupid! lol

Gbam cheesy
Re: Must There Be Quarrels And Misunderstandings In Every Relationship? by Uche2nna(m): 4:39pm On May 08, 2009
tope5000:

Tee hee hee . . .and thatz what they are cheesy

*Roll eyez*
If guys already know that its in our DNA then why complain that we nag too much undecided

Cos it is in ur DNA to nag and it is in ours to let U know that U nag.

Seriously, most ladies dont even know that they nag!!!!!  shocked

I have heard this line one too many time "Me nag? No, I am just saying". Meanwhile, the lady is nagging ur head off from here to Ethiopia!!!
Re: Must There Be Quarrels And Misunderstandings In Every Relationship? by bluespice(f): 4:39pm On May 08, 2009
lol secretz n tope u ladies sha tongue

ushe! grin
Re: Must There Be Quarrels And Misunderstandings In Every Relationship? by tope5000: 4:41pm On May 08, 2009
Uche2nna:

Cos it is in ur DNA to nag and it is in ours to let U know that U nag.

Seriously, most ladies dont even know that they nag!!!!! shocked

I have heard this line one too many time "Me nag? No, I am just saying". Meanwhile, the lady is nagging ur head off from here to Ethiopia!!!

Lol . . . . . . grin grin grin grin grin grin
Hate it or love it . . . . . u guys still cant do without us cool
so get use to the nagging tongue
Re: Must There Be Quarrels And Misunderstandings In Every Relationship? by Secretz(f): 4:43pm On May 08, 2009
bluespice:

lol secretz n tope u ladies sha tongue

ushe! grin

Yes ooohh! We must talk! grin

tope5000:

Period!! tongue
Re: Must There Be Quarrels And Misunderstandings In Every Relationship? by bluespice(f): 4:43pm On May 08, 2009
mistas get used to our talking
if we dont u best know somn is wrong cool
Re: Must There Be Quarrels And Misunderstandings In Every Relationship? by steve49ja(m): 4:44pm On May 08, 2009
tope5000:

Aint it the same way round? Like you guys can do without us wink
Re: Must There Be Quarrels And Misunderstandings In Every Relationship? by tope5000: 4:45pm On May 08, 2009
steve49ja:

Aint it the same way round? Like you guys can do without us wink

Who lied to? . . . . pls go n slap the person cool
Re: Must There Be Quarrels And Misunderstandings In Every Relationship? by bluespice(f): 4:45pm On May 08, 2009
steve heard of anne summers? wink
Re: Must There Be Quarrels And Misunderstandings In Every Relationship? by Uche2nna(m): 4:46pm On May 08, 2009
bluespice:

mistas get used to our talking
if we dont u best know somn is wrong cool

True dat!!!!!

I do rather take a vocal lady than one who just keeps quiet, A vocal woman might embarrass U in public and U will be aware of it,,,,,,, a very silent one will make U the laffing stock of the whole neighbourhood and U wont even know it!!!! U still be walking around like U are the man!!!  cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want To Marry Rich / Romance Section: Who's Your Crush Of The Week? (8th Edition) / Romantic Love Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.