Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Relationship Quarrels And Friends - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Relationship Quarrels And Friends (5780 Views)

How Do You Manage Quarrels And Arguments In Your Relationship / Couples, How Do You Settle Heated Quarrels In Your Home? / Must There Be Quarrels And Misunderstandings In Every Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relationship Quarrels And Friends by deniyor: 10:07am On Apr 03, 2011
In every relationship, couples quarrel. We all have friends we confide in and solicit advice from about on different aspects of our lives. When is it a bad idea(or a good idea) to involve a friend(s) in a fight you are having with your significant other? What would you do if your partner tells (or involves) his or her friends about a fight you are having.
Re: Relationship Quarrels And Friends by iice(f): 1:10pm On Apr 03, 2011
Touchy line.
If your significant other knows the people in your life. . .you can seek advice, if that is what you want to do.
If you know your friends are the type to blab, better keep mum and seek counsel somewhere else.
Re: Relationship Quarrels And Friends by aminalib(f): 3:54pm On Apr 03, 2011
if you have one close friend you can trust then tell ur issues to that person, but i would not suggest to tell everybody, it can and will backfire
Re: Relationship Quarrels And Friends by deniyor: 9:53am On Apr 04, 2011
On one end, sometimes we all need to hear other people's views and opinions. Else a lot of people will remain mugus and fools for love without learning the errors of their ways.
On the other end, friends judge and define your relationship based on what you tell them. Even after the couple has moved on the issues at the time, friends are not as forgiving or forgetting.
Re: Relationship Quarrels And Friends by SAGoddess: 10:11am On Apr 04, 2011
deniyor:

On one end, sometimes we all need to hear other people's views and opinions. Else a lot of people will remain mugus and fools for love without learning the errors of their ways.
On the other end, friends judge and define your relationship based on what you tell them. Even after the couple has moved on the issues at the time, friends are not as forgiving or forgetting.

Very true so choose what you share with your friends and how much detail you want to give out. . . . .
Re: Relationship Quarrels And Friends by ifyalways(f): 11:55am On Apr 04, 2011
deniyor:

In every relationship, couples quarrel. We all have friends we confide in and solicit advice from about on different aspects of our lives. When is it a bad idea(or a good idea) to involve a friend(s) in a fight you are having with your significant other?  What would you do if your partner tells (or involves) his or her friends about a fight you are having.
It depends on the individuals involved.
I personally,would NOT discuss my husband with any soul . . .Thank you,None of my friends/pals wud ever attain that status. kiss
If Im having issues with him,I wud discuss it with him . . .don't care if im gonna talk abt same issue for donkey years,hes worth all the effort.  kiss
Discuss it with trusted friends and have them discuss it with their own trusted friends?Gossip chain?  grin No,way.
Besides,what wud outsiders do for me when I complain/seek their counsel?Are they living with me?Wud I be 100% sincere to them and like wise them?They wud only tell you what they "think" which in most cases wud not be the same thing as your spouse's thoughts.

If na BF/GF then maybe Yes,to close and mutual friends.
Re: Relationship Quarrels And Friends by vanariso(m): 12:17pm On Apr 04, 2011
@ Ifyalways, u said it all
Re: Relationship Quarrels And Friends by madridguy(m): 12:29pm On Apr 04, 2011
Follow your heart, but be quiet for a while first. Ask questions, then feel the answer. Learn to trust your heart.
A good heart is better than all the heads in the world.
Re: Relationship Quarrels And Friends by newbride: 12:51pm On Apr 04, 2011
80% are happy you are going through whatever u are discussing with them. 20% don't care.
so why not sort it out with ur partner
to involve friends is the last thing i will ever do
Once bitten, twice shy.
Re: Relationship Quarrels And Friends by abasifo(m): 1:07pm On Apr 04, 2011
no third party plz , settle wateva on bed grin grin grin grin grin tongue
Re: Relationship Quarrels And Friends by Blazay(m): 1:11pm On Apr 04, 2011
Never!
Especially if that 'friend' is a female and SINGLE!
I have never done that and NEVER will.
You are only inviting gossips into your life.
Ever wondered how all those 'pastors' see visions and prophesies?

Those so-called friends like awon 'SISTAH VISION EZEWANKWOS are the ones rattin' on ya arzzzze! cheesy

Verrrrrrry capable of handling ALL domestic issues myself.
I will not even tell my mom or my sister.
Not to talk of friend.
I do NOT listen to their own wahalas too.
Not interested! kiss
Re: Relationship Quarrels And Friends by sleekch1c(f): 1:19pm On Apr 04, 2011
i will tell my mum, smiley
Re: Relationship Quarrels And Friends by NoQualms1(f): 1:38pm On Apr 04, 2011
Me likey keeping things to myself plenty plenty. cool
Re: Relationship Quarrels And Friends by MeGaStReEt: 1:40pm On Apr 04, 2011
deniyor:

In every relationship, couples quarrel. We all have friends we confide in and solicit advice from about on different aspects of our lives. When is it a bad idea(or a good idea) to involve a friend(s) in a fight you are having with your significant other? What would you do if your partner tells (or involves) his or her friends about a fight you are having.

NO, I do not agree with that
Re: Relationship Quarrels And Friends by Ivbade: 1:55pm On Apr 04, 2011
After you have told it to God. And in most cases after you have done that, there will not be any need again to include a third party. So as much as possible as you can, try to resolve your issues within yourselves. Preferably, on the bed!
Re: Relationship Quarrels And Friends by skfa1: 2:24pm On Apr 04, 2011
The best is to settle it on bed cheesy no 3rd party pls
Re: Relationship Quarrels And Friends by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 04, 2011
MeGaStReEt:

Of course its normal for couple to quarrel. Quarreling is different from fighting. Of course they are two different individuals they cant be in accord always. The frequency, causes and nature is what really matters.
Re: Relationship Quarrels And Friends by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 04, 2011
@ OP,its not a good idea in a relationship to involve friends. Someone your partner respects and can listen to is better than friends in most cases. friends gives bad advice most of the time.
Re: Relationship Quarrels And Friends by deniyor: 5:21pm On Apr 04, 2011
MeGaStReEt:

If you are in a relationship and you don't quarrel, you are not be true with each other. Real issues are probably not being dealt with and are swept under the rug. One day, you will ask yourself whatever happened to the 'perfect' relationship you had? How did things get so bad or fall apart? Even best friends never agree with every important thing or values!
Re: Relationship Quarrels And Friends by Pweety4me(f): 6:15pm On Apr 04, 2011
I don't think i like to mix relationships & friendz,unless i really felt i needed to seek some advise,but i think if i was close with his sister i might be 'consulting' her just 4 telling off sakes tongue
Re: Relationship Quarrels And Friends by arogbowei: 9:29pm On Apr 04, 2011
Do not tell, try to communicate with your spouse, no need to involve third party, instead turn to God in prayer together, no relationship is perfect. Every relationship have to face some challenges at one point or the other, like now, wifey and i just had a minor disagreement, but we'll always work it out. No need to cry to mama or papa or uncle or aunt or sister or brother, or pastor or reverend. No need.
Re: Relationship Quarrels And Friends by chiteny(m): 9:39pm On Apr 04, 2011
The best is to settle it on bed no 3rd party pls

But you know third party could be fun! party!
Re: Relationship Quarrels And Friends by bestinlife: 12:07pm On Apr 05, 2011
if u both cannot sort it out on bed which is d best solution, take it to God in prayers or share with ur parents for advise else no friend is worth being involved though depends on the issue at hand
Re: Relationship Quarrels And Friends by swaggrbabe: 12:46pm On Apr 05, 2011
deniyor:

If you are in a relationship and you don't quarrel, you are not be true with each other. Real issues are probably not being dealt with and are swept under the rug. One day, you will ask yourself whatever happened to the 'perfect' relationship you had? How did things get so bad or fall apart? Even best friends never agree with every important thing or values!
THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOOO RIGHT.U SEE COUPLES AND THEY SAY THEY DO NT QUARREL I LAUGH COS THEY ARE JUST PRETENDING, THEN ONE DAY NA BIGG FITE. TELL THEY ELDERS IN YOUR CHURCH AND THEY WILL SOLVE THE ISSUE.
Re: Relationship Quarrels And Friends by robin707(m): 3:43pm On Apr 05, 2011
I dont mind taking advise from friends regarding my relationship, the only thing i consider before doing so is if this friend in whom i solicit advise from, is in a serious relationship, i dont think anyone who is not or has never been in a serious relationship, is in the best position to give me advise regarding my relationship.
Re: Relationship Quarrels And Friends by deniyor: 6:24pm On Apr 05, 2011
robin707:

I dont mind taking advise from friends regarding my relationship, the only thing i consider before doing so is if this friend in whom i solicit advise from, is in a serious relationship, i dont think anyone who is not or has never been in a serious relationship, is in the best position to give me advise regarding my relationship.

Does that mean those who have not been in any serious relationship can't give good relationship advice?
Re: Relationship Quarrels And Friends by Luvlee(f): 6:51pm On Apr 05, 2011
some men truly need sm1 to tlk to them cos smtimes they can be stupidly bullheaded
Re: Relationship Quarrels And Friends by Freesia(f): 6:52pm On Apr 05, 2011
Family members have such long memories so telling them means you are ready to face the same questions over and over about your welfare even when you have settled your differences.Friends are a tricky business
Re: Relationship Quarrels And Friends by robin707(m): 7:51pm On Apr 05, 2011
@deniyor, my answer to your question is yes. With all due respect to those who have never been in a serious relationship. There's always a difference between talking the talk and walking the walk.
Re: Relationship Quarrels And Friends by Chaaaan(f): 10:59pm On Apr 05, 2011
Nahh! Not me. Can't involve a third party esp girls cos they could be big-mouthed at times. Can't even involve my best friend cos one day she will betray me.
Re: Relationship Quarrels And Friends by deniyor: 4:30pm On Apr 06, 2011
Chaaaan:

Nahh! Not me. Can't involve a third party esp girls cos they could be big-mouthed at times. Can't even involve my best friend cos one day she will betray me.
You don't even trust your own best friend?
Re: Relationship Quarrels And Friends by deniyor: 5:03pm On Apr 06, 2011
Luvlee:

some men truly need sm1 to tlk to them cos smtimes they can be stupidly bullheaded
So are some women very stupidly stubborn. Has nothing to do with your sex.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Our Babes Dey Get Black Nyansh? / brothels in Benin City / Share Your Heartbreak Story.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.