Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,899 members, 7,824,775 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Jonathan And Okonjo To Return 6billion- Punch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan And Okonjo To Return 6billion- Punch (1808 Views)

Atiku And Okonjo Iweala For 2019 Presidential Election / FFK: "Buhari Received N24.6Billion And N19Billion In Cash From Ex Governor" / Bafarawa: N4.6billion I Received From Dasuki Was For Spiritual Purpose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan And Okonjo To Return 6billion- Punch by Kakpos: 9:58am On Oct 29, 2015
Sunday Aborisade

The Senate on Wednesday rejected a prayer seeking the probe of public officers involved in the alleged inflation of the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport Second Runway contract to the tune of N63.5bn.

But the upper chamber queried the upward review of the contract, describing it as an attempt to ‘steal and rape’ Nigerians of the country’s common patrimony, even as it agreed that the construction of second runway was a matter of urgency.

The Senate, however, urged the Federal Government to ensure that due process and diligence were followed in the award of a fresh contract.

The federal lawmakers made the resolutions while deliberating on a motion by Senator Dino Melaye, APC, Kogi West. The motion was titled, “The Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport Abuja, Second Runway- Contract.”

An additional prayer specifically demanding severe punishment for those behind the inflation of the contract, moved by Senator Joshua Dariye (PDP, Plateau South), was unanimously rejected by the upper chamber.

The Senate called on the Federal Government to drastically reduce what it termed as the unrealistic cost of the project and to monitor the contract award process.

Melaye had noted that the contract for the construction of the Abuja Airport Second Runway was cancelled by the last administration after allegations of over inflation of contracts was established.

He also said that the contract was awarded by the Federal Executive Council at the cost of N64bn after ratification by the Bureau for Public Procurement.

He said the need for the construction of a second runway was because existing one was bad and inadequate.

The Senate President, Bukola Saraki, in his remark, urged the government to put in motion necessary machinery to construct a better runway at the Abuja International Airport just as he said every process in awarding the contract must follow due process.
Re: Jonathan And Okonjo To Return 6billion- Punch by Adaowerri111: 9:59am On Oct 29, 2015
source
Re: Jonathan And Okonjo To Return 6billion- Punch by midehi2(f): 9:59am On Oct 29, 2015
superstory
Re: Jonathan And Okonjo To Return 6billion- Punch by Nobody: 10:01am On Oct 29, 2015
to copy this tune press .....

1 Like

Re: Jonathan And Okonjo To Return 6billion- Punch by sunny12345679: 10:03am On Oct 29, 2015
OP, where them come talk say make GEJ and NOI return money na?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan And Okonjo To Return 6billion- Punch by PRYCE(m): 10:03am On Oct 29, 2015
Punch, The Nation, Premium Times, Sahara Reporters.... Believe these Propagandists networks at your own peril!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan And Okonjo To Return 6billion- Punch by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 29, 2015
I will eat my beards if this story is true,where is the source or sauce? to eat this story better
Re: Jonathan And Okonjo To Return 6billion- Punch by ShowYourCertificate: 10:09am On Oct 29, 2015
Yimu
Re: Jonathan And Okonjo To Return 6billion- Punch by Dannyset(m): 10:10am On Oct 29, 2015
You can't even source your tatafo!
Re: Jonathan And Okonjo To Return 6billion- Punch by vkeydon(m): 10:25am On Oct 29, 2015
BREAKING NEWS:Goodluck jonathan to lend nigerian goverment with 6bn
Re: Jonathan And Okonjo To Return 6billion- Punch by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 29, 2015
Yeah. I will return it
Re: Jonathan And Okonjo To Return 6billion- Punch by harristo(m): 11:54am On Oct 29, 2015
So make I come dey jubilate abi?
After they don loot trillions, they come return the change, mugus go come dey happy. grin
Re: Jonathan And Okonjo To Return 6billion- Punch by harristo(m): 11:56am On Oct 29, 2015
obum88:
Yeah. I will return it

Your signature no go take laugh kill person. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan And Okonjo To Return 6billion- Punch by sammyj: 11:58am On Oct 29, 2015
OP is a joker.How does this concern GEJ !!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan And Okonjo To Return 6billion- Punch by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:23pm On Oct 29, 2015
Misleading title from APC propaganda machine
Re: Jonathan And Okonjo To Return 6billion- Punch by Frank3n2(m): 12:44pm On Oct 29, 2015
How does this now mean that Jonathan and okonjo would return the money? Like they have it in their possession undecided
Re: Jonathan And Okonjo To Return 6billion- Punch by BENZINA(m): 12:47pm On Oct 29, 2015
BROWN ENVELOPE journalism.
Re: Jonathan And Okonjo To Return 6billion- Punch by change49ja: 1:06pm On Oct 29, 2015
An additional prayer specifically demanding severe punishment for those behind the inflation of the contract, moved by Senator Joshua Dariye (PDP, Plateau South), was unanimously rejected by the upper chamber.

And they'll be deceiving us that they're fighting corruption. SMH. I just pity poor Nigerians.

(1) (Reply)

Breakingnews: Ijaw Nation Dieing Slowly But Certain... / Emeka Mba Doesn't Deserve This. Dangerous things going on in our nation. / My Little Conversation With A Kid In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.