Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,939 members, 7,817,750 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta (35132 Views)

Relationship Between Yorubas And The Itsekiris / Gorgeous Urhobo Bride From Niger Delta / We Are Itsekiris And Warri Is Our Home Land Known As Warri Kingdom Or Iwere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by rockafela(m): 8:51pm On Nov 01, 2015
Datazone:

Chairman, I think this is a nice idea. Lets create the Whatsapp Group bro..
Plz someone should create the whatsap group and notify us so we can begin the invitation

cc DataZone, djicemob,scholes
Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by rockafela(m): 8:55pm On Nov 01, 2015
Meanwhile scholes am still waiting for that stuff..
Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 01, 2015
rockafela:

Plz someone should create the whatsap group and notify us so we can begin the invitation

Drop your number in your status to avoid scammers so I can add you as the group needs a minimum of one person to be created.
Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by Otses(f): 11:09pm On Nov 01, 2015
Proudly an Itsekiri babe. I was just smiling reading this post. do san gbe ne dede.

2 Likes

Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by Djicemob: 11:38pm On Nov 01, 2015
Datazone:

Drop your number in your status to avoid scammers so I can add you as the group needs a minimum of one person to be created.
pls check ma personal text...and pls inform me after u do
Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by Djicemob: 11:43pm On Nov 01, 2015
Otses:
Proudly an Itsekiri babe. I was just smiling reading this post. do san gbe ne dede.
Whr do u base at?
Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by Djicemob: 11:44pm On Nov 01, 2015
rockafela:

Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by debinile(m): 11:52pm On Nov 01, 2015
Eziokwu1:
Beautiful people, wonderful culture.
so if Itsekiris are 1 million, about one in every 5 Deltan is Itsekiri right?
Not far from the Truth

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by debinile(m): 11:55pm On Nov 01, 2015
OduaVanguard:

According to the Biafrans (as pronounced by "Junior Moses" Elewon Kanu cheesy), that makes them Biafrans. grin

How are they Biafran, they brought the mode of dressing to Niger Delta which the Biafrans Copied. We are all Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by debinile(m): 12:03am On Nov 02, 2015
wirinet:
Thank you for the write up, but wait o, what of me, i did not see my name in the dedications. I have been representing Iwere here since 2008. Honestly, i did not know there are so many Itsekiris on Nairaland.

We full here Bro

Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by debinile(m): 12:12am On Nov 02, 2015
Thanks for the Post Omere. Na only we de run am for Naija.

Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by Otses(f): 8:33am On Nov 02, 2015
Djicemob:
WHR do u base at?

Lag
Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by rockafela(m): 8:40am On Nov 02, 2015
Datazone:

Pls check my signature below..
Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by free37: 9:45am On Nov 02, 2015
Nice.
Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by scholes0(m): 12:18pm On Nov 02, 2015
OduaVanguard:

According to the Biafrans (as pronounced by "Junior Moses" Elewon Kanu cheesy), that makes them Biafrans. grin

The Itsekiris were the people who actually started the Blouse and two piece wrapper mode of dressing.
From them, it spread to other parts of the NIger Delta, and later, the East.

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by cbrass(m): 2:03pm On Nov 02, 2015
scholes0:

The Itsekiris were the people who actually started the Blouse and two piece wrapper mode of dressing.
From them, it spread to other parts of the NIger Delta, and later, the East.

Don't let the biafrans here this o grin

Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by scholes0(m): 3:39pm On Nov 02, 2015
cbrass:

Don't let the biafrans here this o grin

What is they hear? It is an indisputable fact. Look at the style of the blouse, something about t looks distinctly "unafrican", and that is because it came from Europe via the high-Seas.
Same thing can be said about a lot of the fabrics, such as the george wrapper which came from the Portuguese, The long sleeved shirt worm by the men called the "Kemeje" from the portuguese word 'Camisa', which is now worn throughout the Niger Delta, etc

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by Eziokwu1: 6:26pm On Nov 02, 2015
debinile:

Not far from the Truth

Thank bro, for the confirmation.
Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 02, 2015
Djicemob:
Group has been created but your number is not on your Personal Text
Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 02, 2015
To all Itsekirir sons and daughters kindly check my status and add me on whatsapp to join the group.

N.B.: You can only see my status if you are a user on this Forum (not guests) and have a status!
Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by Djicemob: 7:02pm On Nov 02, 2015
Datazone:

Group has been created but your number is not on your Personal Text
I thought you got it already,it has been there for a while now,i had to take it off.

Is that the number number of the group on your signature? Lemme add it up
Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by Nobody: 7:21pm On Nov 02, 2015
Djicemob:
I thought you got it already,it has been there for a while now,i had to take it off.

Is that the number number of the group on your signature? Lemme add it up
Okay, no problemo..
Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by rockafela(m): 7:32pm On Nov 02, 2015
The itsekiri whatsap group hav started, if u an Itsekiri u re not there u re missing!
Strictly oma'iwere
check Datazone's signature above me for details

https://www.nairaland.com/2708793/itsekiri-chat-group .
Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by cbrass(m): 10:43pm On Nov 02, 2015
Make I join too even though I no be itsekiri but my aunt is wink
Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by scholes0(m): 11:07pm On Nov 02, 2015

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by rockafela(m): 6:25am On Nov 03, 2015
Scholes where my level na
Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by Abachaz: 2:44pm On Nov 03, 2015
can you please mention any itsekiri twin you know ?
Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by Djicemob: 12:30am On Nov 04, 2015
Abachaz:

Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by jaymichael(m): 2:53am On Nov 04, 2015
Goodboiyy:

oritsefemi identify with Yoruba more than Itsekiri.. I think he his more Ilaje than itsekiri

@Scholes0 write about Itsekiri/Ilaje relationship na.. I would have done that but I don't know much about Ilaje .
As a pure Ajegunle boy wey Oritsefemi be, it is easy for him to identify with Yoruba more if truly his mom is Ilaje. There is a far more higher population of Ilajes than Itsekitis in Ajegunle. They dominate JMJ Tolu area wella and that is Oritsefemi's zone. He used to (I don't know if he still) frequent Maraccana Tolu.
Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by rockafela(m): 5:47am On Nov 04, 2015
Abachaz:
Receive sense....my own mother is a twin..her twin brother also had a set of twin. Egin akpa
Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by Richiest(m): 1:22pm On May 17, 2017
Do san gbe itsekiri dede
Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by Konquest: 11:21am On Sep 18, 2018
scholes0:

The Itsekiri are reputed to be the best dressed people in the Niger Delta, blessed with a beautiful culture and people, as well as the majority of Delta state's Oil wealth.
Mo ki Aghan oma Iwerre dede!

cc: Lalasticlala
Dedicated to my Itsekiri friends in real life: Eyitemi, Tosan, Gbemiloye Fregene, Ayo Meyiwa, Tsola Obasuyi, Omagbemi Edema, Temisan Toritseju, Nana Shola Omasan, and not least Gbubemi 'Asiwaju'. Shalla to all of una if y'all see this.
And to my Itsekiri friends here on nairaland: Goodboiyy, Onuwaje, Setaje, Omagbemi20, Stinggy, Richiest, asamaigho, iceberryose, mop4, Others like fratermathy
^^^^^
^^^^^
Itsekiri Nation... still keeping it
REAL! grin

Awesome thread dedicated to a
UNIQUE and Beautiful People.

Cc: Olu317

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Famous Mkpokiti Dance In Anambra (Photos) / The British-Ijebu War Of 1892 (The Battle Of Imagbon) / Olubadan And His Wives Loved Up In London (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.