Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,214 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

BVN Deadline: 26m Bank Accounts To Be Frozen - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / BVN Deadline: 26m Bank Accounts To Be Frozen (35804 Views)

More Bank Accounts To Be Shut As CBN Issues Strict BVN Rules / 20,000 Bank Accounts Closed By FG / BVN - How To Link Your BVN To Your Other Bank Accounts Online Or By Sms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BVN Deadline: 26m Bank Accounts To Be Frozen by InvertedHammer: 7:55am On Nov 01, 2015
Mynd44:

The CBN needs to re-think this. Why stop the registration completely and also freeze accounts? They should freeze accounts that have not done the BVN but allow registration continue. That is the only was to get it done.

But if you live/work in a major Nigerian city and you have not done the BVN thingy, you need scolding....
/
According to the OIS services (an office that handles the BVN registration in Houston), the deadline has been extended to Dec.31st.

BVN registration should not have any deadline. They can block access to the account just like in expired password.

Paranoia or not, this is a move towards the new world order.
/

1 Like

Re: BVN Deadline: 26m Bank Accounts To Be Frozen by Omotayor123(f): 8:13am On Nov 01, 2015
Kazrem:
My fcmb account is one of them.
Just that it's a Zero Balance Account tongue
Re: BVN Deadline: 26m Bank Accounts To Be Frozen by SYLVESTER777: 8:13am On Nov 01, 2015
AVRecruit:

Rev 13 is being fulfilled before our eyes... ATMs are saying: "NO BVN NO TRANSACTION"
The bible made it clear: Rev 13:17
17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

BVN is not the mark of the beast but is a very significant step towards NWO. And I believe in these last days most ppl will have to use "the number of his name", however BVN is not the real mark of the beast.... those who use BVNs are still okay. only those who received the mark of the beast received the terrible burns in Rev 14-19. .

At this point in history "the number of his name" is still speculative, but all indications is indicating its MasterCard. However, those who use the number of the name of the beast nothing happens to them. Only those who receive the mark of the beast.

I will still continue to use my mastercard though and I have gotten my BVN.

However, I write this so ppl can understand the times we are living in.

NB: The Nigerian National Identity card is also embossed with the MasterCard logo and can be used to transact worldwide + BVN for transaction verification then you have a full globalist state which is what Nigeria will become in 2 years - a full part of the world financial system.

DO YOU KNOW THIS MARK OF THE BEAST,THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST?THERE IS THIS CLASSIC BOOK-THE GREAT CONTROVERSY-THAT BARES IT ALL OUT.IF YOU ARE INTERESTED-SEND REQUEST FOR YOUR FREE COPY(PDF) TO:sopbooks777@gmail.com
Re: BVN Deadline: 26m Bank Accounts To Be Frozen by sixtusjr(m): 8:20am On Nov 01, 2015
Good bye my Ecobank account from 1996 to 2015 RIP

1 Like

Re: BVN Deadline: 26m Bank Accounts To Be Frozen by numbered(m): 8:42am On Nov 01, 2015
The most annoying thing is that even before the deadline the banks will be forming for you,giving you all sorts of excuses like no form,come back 2moro,BVN reg. has not started,go to another branch.
Re: BVN Deadline: 26m Bank Accounts To Be Frozen by otiigba1(m): 8:59am On Nov 01, 2015
Abbeyme:

But Nigerians need to change this mentality...

It's retrogressive.
Absolutely ! Not, nigerians refused to be bullied by their banks. I would say. And i must add the banks needs the customers not the other way round.

What if like some people are already doing the customers decides not to use the banks any more? Will they be forced to?

1 Like

Re: BVN Deadline: 26m Bank Accounts To Be Frozen by Revolva(m): 8:59am On Nov 01, 2015
Good bye to my yeye diamond bank account.....let it ggo let it go
Re: BVN Deadline: 26m Bank Accounts To Be Frozen by otiigba1(m): 9:15am On Nov 01, 2015
iPhone6:
Nigeria is a lawless country where a civil servant (central bank governor) has absolute power to seize money belonging to hard-working Nigerians without no just cause in the name of BVN.

If Nigerians do not patronize the banks by keeping their money in the banks, will this mad man in the name of central bank governor think about BVN? Instead begging Nigerians to comply with the BVN, he issued threat and disrespect. If all Nigerians pulls their money from banks, will the mad man (CBN governor) be in position?. He failed to realize that he is a civil servant who job is to manage money saved in by Nigerians which makes him a servant to every Nigerian that has money in the bank.

Central bank governor suppose to resign because of this threat. He has over stepped his boundary. This cannot happen in any civilized country. Lawless and hopeless politicians and CBN governor. Instead of issuing deadline for corruption crippling Nigeria to stop, he is issuing deadline on BVN.

I hope he reads my comment. In fact, if you know his email address or cell phone number give it to me make I send him this my comment for text message.

Source: Naija network forum comment by angry Nigerian.
Absolutely! I mean, one would have thought that the banks needs their customers not the customers needs the banks.

I could not comprehend why the banks are bullying their customers. because of some BVN Rubbish.

If every customer decides to pull their monies out, then what? Are they going to be forced to bank their money? Nigerian GOvts are really clueless. Besides is this the most relevant thing do fixed right now in the country?.

1 Like

Re: BVN Deadline: 26m Bank Accounts To Be Frozen by otiigba1(m): 9:23am On Nov 01, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/
According to the OIS services (an office that handles the BVN registration in Houston), the deadline has been extended to Dec.31st.

BVN registration should not have any deadline. They can block access to the account just like in expired password.

Paranoia or not, this is a move towards the new world order.
/
akuko negwu!, so if it is the so called new world order. Is it just nigeria? If it is? Why is nigeria so relevant to this new world and not Ghana, sierra leone, Gambia or pakistan? And what if decides i don't want to bank my money any more? Am i going to be forced to?
Re: BVN Deadline: 26m Bank Accounts To Be Frozen by cecejobs(m): 10:42am On Nov 01, 2015
Am even happy so that my ex banks will stop sending me nonsense sms...bai_bai to them

1 Like

Re: BVN Deadline: 26m Bank Accounts To Be Frozen by Kazrem(m): 11:47am On Nov 01, 2015
Omotayor123:

grin wetin concern me? Na my fbn I no fit joke with
Re: BVN Deadline: 26m Bank Accounts To Be Frozen by baba11(m): 12:57pm On Nov 01, 2015
Omotayor123:

wink
Re: BVN Deadline: 26m Bank Accounts To Be Frozen by megareal: 2:55pm On Nov 01, 2015
franconian:
I can't wait for them to freeze that my useless Ecobank account, they should freeze the idiot that has been sending me those stupid messages too.

This is the major reason I stopped banking with them. When it comes to stealing, Mtn dey learn work for where Eco bank dey.
Very true. Do you know their useless atm deducted 60k without payment from mine and hubby's account on 3 occasions. We don complain tire. Fill form tire. Only for the idiots to now tell us 5 months later that the monies were returned yet d ting no reflect for our accounts. I'm even looking for a way to ditch d acc sef. I don't tire for their thievery.
Re: BVN Deadline: 26m Bank Accounts To Be Frozen by Franky9584(m): 4:36pm On Nov 01, 2015
people no dey hear word, even after d extension, yet most people are waiting for the rush hour. who is to be blame?
Re: BVN Deadline: 26m Bank Accounts To Be Frozen by InvertedHammer: 4:47pm On Nov 01, 2015
otiigba1:
akuko negwu!, so if it is the so called new world order. Is it just nigeria? If it is? Why is nigeria so relevant to this new world and not Ghana, sierra leone, Gambia or pakistan? And what if decides i don't want to bank my money any more? Am i going to be forced to?

/
This is the new world order.
vs.
This is a move to the new world order./* my statement*/

Read the two statements and correct yourself. I don't think comprehension is your problem.
\
Re: BVN Deadline: 26m Bank Accounts To Be Frozen by linearity: 4:58pm On Nov 01, 2015
t2luv1:

If you dont have an account with any bank . Do you still need BVN. Why do you need to submit your Biometrics profile in order to get a number. I cant imagine US goverment requiring people to submit their Biometric data into a database. Only people you keep Biometric data on are people charged with felony or under arrest for something.

No, if you do not have a bank account then you do not need BVN, but the Nigeria government want to change that, hence the next phase is to link BVN to the National ID card, which is similar to SSN in the US.

Yes, the US keep bio data of people into a database; for starters all immigrants have a bio data of them in the US kept by the FBI, if you are arrested even if you are innocent and before going to court or seeing a judge, the US collect your bio data; if you want to work for some government entities in the US, they collect your bio data to do a background check, even some employers in the US do background checks on you before giving you a job, guess where they send you to? To a local lab that collect your bio data and those bio data are sent to the fbi, where they are stored in their database and compared with other bio data to see if you have a record or not.

If you want to get a gun in the US, they get your bio data; in fact it is literally impossible to live in the US be it natural born citizens or immigrants without the US government collecting your bio data at some point. A friend who is a medical doctor had his bio data taken becos he want to work with CDC, there are some places you cannot go unless your bio data is taken and checked to make you are clean...while trying to get a liquor license few months ago, my bio data was taken.

As you can see, you can't escape it in the US, maybe that is why their crime fighting is more effective..so the national ID is a good start in Nigeria, it is a good crime fighting tool.
Re: BVN Deadline: 26m Bank Accounts To Be Frozen by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 01, 2015
shey, dey want to freeze the account of those iya alata and elefo. dem no fucking care jare. do they even know what BVN means?
Re: BVN Deadline: 26m Bank Accounts To Be Frozen by otiigba1(m): 5:43pm On Nov 01, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/
This is the new world order.
vs.
This is a move to the new world order./* my statement*/

Read the two statements and correct yourself. I don't think comprehension is your problem.
\
i understood every thing you have written. move to the new world order, new world order, you still haven't explained why nigeria and its citizens is relevant to this move to the new world order, or the ultimately new world order. grin, am assuming you are clueless.still akuko negwu!
Re: BVN Deadline: 26m Bank Accounts To Be Frozen by bedfordng(m): 5:56pm On Nov 01, 2015
I wonder what will happen to newly created bank account. Probably new account holder will register for bvn in the process of opening an account for them because if they stop bvn registration how can banks get new customer since they don't have bvn yet
Re: BVN Deadline: 26m Bank Accounts To Be Frozen by fabulous01(m): 6:11pm On Nov 01, 2015
No one Nairalander to be affected by BVN: just bk frm Bank to confirm my accounts b4 d crowd wii emerge d banks tomorrow for confirmation of accts: to my greatest surprise my salary and my wife accts with First bank couldn't dispense- instructed to contact my bank.

I wonder why first bank failed to update the BVN cos I actually took the code to all my Banks for update.

Tomorrow shu come fast cos I can't sleep: imagine kept our house rent in my wife and acct and my OCtober Salary is still untouch.
@Father help your Son oooo
Re: BVN Deadline: 26m Bank Accounts To Be Frozen by viktor01(m): 6:40pm On Nov 01, 2015
Banks & The Government collaborating and enslaving the masses since time immemorial.
Banks create money out of nothing and use it to keep the world in debt.
Re: BVN Deadline: 26m Bank Accounts To Be Frozen by franconian: 7:18pm On Nov 01, 2015
megareal:

Very true. Do you know their useless atm deducted 60k without payment from mine and hubby's account on 3 occasions. We don complain tire. Fill form tire. Only for the idiots to now tell us 5 months later that the monies were returned yet d ting no reflect for our accounts. I'm even looking for a way to ditch d acc sef. I don't tire for their thievery.

Too bad. They lost it when they changed from Oceanic to Eco. I was banking with Oceanic.
Re: BVN Deadline: 26m Bank Accounts To Be Frozen by busky101(m): 8:29pm On Nov 01, 2015
gbame:

You don't need to open new accounts, just go to Diamond Bank and First and they will link it up for you.
Re: BVN Deadline: 26m Bank Accounts To Be Frozen by InvertedHammer: 11:42pm On Nov 01, 2015
otiigba1:
i understood every thing you have written. move to the new world order, new world order, you still haven't explained why nigeria and its citizens is relevant to this move to the new world order, or the ultimately new world order. grin, am assuming you are clueless.still akuko negwu!
/
And I owe you this explanation how?

\
Re: BVN Deadline: 26m Bank Accounts To Be Frozen by Chicagoesontop: 1:39am On Nov 02, 2015
What about the people who is not living in Nigeria but in a far away country, should we leave what we are doing here to come back to Nigeria just for BVN alone they can simply say they are looking for means to freeze peoples' account to generate money for their selfish desires !!!!!
Re: BVN Deadline: 26m Bank Accounts To Be Frozen by Herrmes: 3:20am On Nov 02, 2015
Please do what ever the fucck you think you want to I'm done with that Naira account anyway
Re: BVN Deadline: 26m Bank Accounts To Be Frozen by bdidi: 4:58am On Nov 02, 2015
Lobolintin:
Abeg am waiting make them blog my account with 800naira, an I go sue them for #4Billion law suit... Can't wait to see #4.008billion naira balance . their father left yansh

You got me cranked up dude! Keep it up! Se you go give me small abi? Eyes wey see deal must share from am na. I guess that's the saying right?

Lol!

1 Like

Re: BVN Deadline: 26m Bank Accounts To Be Frozen by miky(m): 6:44am On Nov 02, 2015
otiigba1:
how do you mean time conscious? Eh!? This BVN shi't should not be that relevant, its supposed to be optional not by force. Why are the banks bullying their customers? Its very unfair. angry

its supposed to be optional? and who stated that?

try that nonsense in yankee and you will be in jail.. just sad nigerians dont respect the rule of their country but want the government to care.. the benefits of the bvn is immense its similar to the social security number here in the united states
Re: BVN Deadline: 26m Bank Accounts To Be Frozen by miky(m): 6:45am On Nov 02, 2015
Chicagoesontop:
What about the people who is not living in Nigeria but in a far away country, should we leave what we are doing here to come back to Nigeria just for BVN alone they can simply say they are looking for means to freeze peoples' account to generate money for their selfish desires !!!!!

use the internet to do your research! here in the states, you can go to atlanta to register.. took me less than 2 min to do that research
Re: BVN Deadline: 26m Bank Accounts To Be Frozen by Lobolintin(m): 2:42pm On Nov 02, 2015
bdidi:

You got me cranked up dude! Keep it up! Se you go give me small abi? Eyes wey see deal must share from am na. I guess that's the saying right?

Lol!

Laughijg while filling the law suit just now...

Yoy got me weed up hahahahahaahaa laughing in mandarin....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Report: Domiciliary Account Balances In Nigeria Estimated At $16 Billion / What Is An Opay Account Number? / Who Has Been Able To Buy Dollar At The Inter Bank Rates Of 253-260 Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.