Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,981 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

The Prayer Point Called Life Partner - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Prayer Point Called Life Partner (370 Views)

You'll Laugh After Reading My Prayer Point / Do You Know That The prayer Hands Emoji Is Actually A High Five? / The Prayer Every Guy Makes In The Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Prayer Point Called Life Partner by Nobody: 6:59am On Oct 30, 2015
In the past few years, we have seen a soaring number of singles spread all over the country in different worship centers in search of a life partner.

A burden to the community and a burden to the reproductive section of the economy.

If we are to go China's way of one child per home,in the case of where there is no home at all,what do we say!!

With the recent multiplicity of baby mama's all over town and increased abortion, it only shows the depth of how the marriage institution is silently eroding because of the cost implication of marriage most especially in Nigeria. The revolution of same sex marriage may quietly snatch away the excitement as most individuals who may take the rootless decision may never make it to their partners houses as they will be joined without any blessings or traditional rites.

Why is this an impending danger

1.The Brides parents in certain cultures most especially Igbo which I am, may require huge demands to fulfill traditional rites and dowry payment.
2.Expectations from colleagues and friends in making your marriage a show stopper.
3.Cost of using a decent hall could actually take care of the refreshments for guests.
4.Fabrics to show off collaboration ( aso-ebi) come very exorbitant these days
5.Shipping relations from far and wide to attend the wedding could be worrisome
6.Apparels to be worn by bride,groom,family members is fully considered.
7. The kind of car to take you to your worship Centre is also factored in.
8.The menu to be served must showcase all meals in the continent.
9.The small chops and side meals are used in rating if the wedding was da bomb
10.Event Managers,Media parley....tell you to do a photo book,....goes for some worrisome amount.
I'm stopping at 10,we can add more and probably use this to start a movement against expensive marriages.

Many ladies and even guys are stuck at home with this heavy heart of gathering all the cash before working and not walking down the aisle.

I believe the marriage proper has more cash requirements than the wedding day. Why all this pomp and pageantry when there are still expenses to be made?

I don't need the front page but probably a voice on having 35 year olds seat comfortably at home and take the front seat in church simply because they await their Life Partner (truth be told,he can't or she can't make the wedding day grand)

Your additions are most welcome.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Guy Needs Your Advice About His Girlfriend, Kindly Advice Him / Meetup Registration / Create Meetup Account / Www.meetup.com / Marriage In Nigeria Is Now Contract Too

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.