Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,195 members, 7,953,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:59 PM

BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday (29204 Views)

BVN: Banks Engage Law Firm To Appeal Court Ruling / BVN: Banks That May Suffer From Deposit Loss / Cash Shortage Hits Banks As TSA Deadline Expires (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by jamesbridget13(f): 9:47am On Oct 30, 2015
bebe2:

Tnk u for the reassurance, just dug out my naija fone and low and behold it was sent to me in may.

I get so many text frm, MTN, and other companies frm naija that I got fed up of checking
congrats then. I think there is a code to dial n get d bvn on ur phone screen. Just dat i forgot d code.

Anyone who knws dat code shld bring it on so peeps can get theirs.
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 30, 2015
jamesbridget13:
congrats then. I think there is a code to dial n get d bvn on ur phone screen. Just dat i forgot d code.

Anyone who knws dat code shld bring it on so peeps can get theirs.
*565*0#
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 30, 2015
What will happen to the 400k I have in my 2 accounts?
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by Benoxvals(m): 9:56am On Oct 30, 2015
SpermDonor:
I was at the OIS Services office on Monday at Fleet Street, Central London and they told everyone there that the deadline for Bank customer livining abroad has been extended to December 31st and on their website http://oisservices.com/bvn.php, they are still Accepting appointment as it is now and in fact the appointment I made 2 weeks ago is scheduled for 20th of November . I asked 2 of their staffs out there and they both told me the same thing.

I concur...not just in London,other places too.
Their reason was that they didn't start the program earlier..(whatever that means)

Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by free2ryhme: 9:57am On Oct 30, 2015
powerfulsettingz:

Y not kuku go to the CID department in Abuja for better confirmation? After I've helped two nairalander secure the job yesterday

Mtchewwww poeple self

Na trophy?
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by jamesbridget13(f): 9:58am On Oct 30, 2015
worldmoney:
*565*0#
thks.
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by Benoxvals(m): 9:59am On Oct 30, 2015
meenagiggs:
What will happen to the 400k I have in my 2 accounts?

If you are not in the country,just call your bank,provide some of your details for their confirmation and you are good to go.
You will be among the selected few to activate their whenever they visit 9ja again.
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by Benoxvals(m): 10:06am On Oct 30, 2015
darmys:
I like this BVN idea but i see it as too early.
obviously a way to give contract to some company.

A government that did not focus on making sure people earn enough to have some money in their bank account calling for BVN\
Shey it is N3,107.54 that someone will be running to do BVN for?

I just tire ooo...after I have paid 50 usd for mine,they told me that I will receive the BVN within 48 hours(via my email or sms),I waited for 5 days without receiving anything...I went back at the OIS company at the 6th day and they provided the number for me.
It's just business as usual for 9ja and I think this exercise will someday vanish from existence.
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by osaslord500(m): 10:06am On Oct 30, 2015
worldmoney:
can bvn still be updated for my other accounts after 2day pls I need a urgent reply

Am not really sure abt that bro
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by osaslord500(m): 10:08am On Oct 30, 2015
Walexsammy:
lord of isreal....itz Postpone

And who told you I don't know? You are an imp
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by eluquenson(m): 10:10am On Oct 30, 2015
BVN registration is a continuous process and if you fail to register before close of business today, your account may be placed on *post no debit* which after registering you will have access to your fund.
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by Badassniggga(m): 10:13am On Oct 30, 2015
pls someone shld pls shed some light on this cos i hope i'm not in soup...

opened a new savings acct with gtb about 6weeks ago but i forgot to ask whether i 'd need to register or be given the bvn automatically...
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by MacDanielz(m): 10:26am On Oct 30, 2015
I just did my registration yesterday and I avn't gotten the number yet, so if the mooo'foking tin is closing t'day as claimed, what would happen? Would my account be deactivated? And please what if I get the number, can I get it linked at any bank? I use gtbank n if I avn't yet linked it my my atm, does dat mean I won't b able to withdraw wit my atm?
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 30, 2015
Benoxvals:

If you are not in the country,just call your bank,provide some of your details for their confirmation and you are good to go.
You will be among the selected few to activate their whenever they visit 9ja again.
Ok! Thanks.
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by simplemach(m): 10:39am On Oct 30, 2015
kent2946:
pls what is the procedure to link your other accounts with ATM card
I linked my GTB acct. Used the gtb ATM card on a gtb atm machine just inserted and saw the option "LINK BVN" then followed suit.
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by Walexsammy(m): 10:43am On Oct 30, 2015
osaslord500:

And who told you I don't know? You are an imp
that says much about u on a faceless forum bro
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by kent2946(m): 10:49am On Oct 30, 2015
simplemach:
Thank God finished mine yesterday, linked the second account with my ATM card myself.
Just that I dont know how to go about my DYA account. Does it even need a BVN?
pls what is the procedure to link your other accounts with ATM card
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by Souljaboi1: 11:18am On Oct 30, 2015
Crazy GTB staff captured a wrong first name for me.

I tried linking my other accounts, the other banks said its not possible. I had to start transferring funds up and down to save my funds. angry

Someone said something about affidavit to that effect. See me see wahala. cry
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by boss89: 11:23am On Oct 30, 2015
simplemach:
Thank God finished mine yesterday, linked the second account with my ATM card myself.

Text your DYA and BVN to 30811, send it via mail to enquiries@diamondbank.com or call 07003000000 for it to be updated.
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by simplemach(m): 11:40am On Oct 30, 2015
boss89:

Text your DYA and BVN to 30811, send it via mail to enquiries@diamondbank.com or call 07003000000 for it to be updated.
tanx alot, just sent the text now.

1 Like

Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by Truthhurtss: 11:43am On Oct 30, 2015
Souljaboi1:

I tried linking my other accounts, the other banks said its not possible. I had to start transferring funds up and down to save my funds. angry

Same with me.
And after i provided the Affidavit, they still didnt know what to do about it.
This bvn issue don tire person
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by Optimisticgondy(m): 12:20pm On Oct 30, 2015
4stylz:

Exactly my point, Nigeria cannot ever do anything right. What about people in hongkong, Ghana, Senegal, cape verde, Malta. They should all come home cos of one stupid bvn
I don't think Dubai is even included; I have ppl in Dubai who haven't done it
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by destinel(m): 12:52pm On Oct 30, 2015
ikorodureporta:
Me i neva connect my accounts......I hope dis BVN wnt increase crime rate by those 'stalking' our accts., & tracing our homes. We all know tht most money-related crimes frm banks emanate frm insiders. How secured are we? -b4 i link-up my accounts!

What do you mean trace ur homes. Do banks do that?
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by M4gunners: 12:59pm On Oct 30, 2015
And what of people not living right now in Nigeria?I only heard they have open a centre where those living in UK and US are doing theirs, what of people living in central Europe? Can anyone help me on how to go about it?I am not ready to sacrifice any money to bank o.
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by mikron(m): 1:00pm On Oct 30, 2015
simplemach:
How did u link the 2 with ur atm? Pls I need to link mine too
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by Dyt(f): 1:02pm On Oct 30, 2015
Souljaboi1:

Awww
Pele bobo mi
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by Ejike3: 1:38pm On Oct 30, 2015
CBN Says Account Holders Can Access Cash As BVN Deadline Ends Today
Contrary to the claims by Deposit Money Banks (DMB) that there would be total restriction on accounts without Bank Verification Number (BVN), after the deadline today, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has clarified that account holders can still have access to cash transactions while the e-banking transactions would be restricted.

The BVN is an initiative of the CBN and the Bankers’ Committee, launched on February 14, 2014. It is a unique identifier for each bank customer across the financial industry, making it possible to build and track customer financial history and activity.

The CBN had last year issued a directive to all banks to ensure that their customers register for BVN before June 30th, 2015, so as to protect all e-banking transactions from fraudulent attacks.

Meanwhile, the Apex bank has said there would be no extension of deadline and that enough time has been given to customers to enroll for the BVN.

A visit by BusinessDay to some banks operating in Lagos revealed long queues of customers in the banking halls rushing to enroll for the BVN before the deadline.

Before now, messages hasdbeen flying from Deposit Money Banks in the country warning customers about account restriction after the June 30 deadline.

A text message from one of the banks read: “dear customer, accounts without BVN will soon be restricted. Enroll for/submit your BVN at any branch from Monday to Saturday”.

There had been claims that 62 million bank accounts may face restriction for failure to register. Reacting to this, Ibrahim Muazu, director, corporate communications department, CBN, said this was an exaggeration. He noted that many individuals and corporates do have more than one account and some in two deposit money banks, for example current, savings, domiciliary among others.

“Holders and a person requires only one BVN linked to all his accounts in any number of banks”, he said in chat with BusinessDay.

“Without BVN, you still have access to your cash but services/facilities (internet/mobile banking, loans etc) will have some restrictions”, Muazu said further.

Currently, only about 14 million out of about 76 million bank accounts have so far complied.

Seyi Ademosun, project manager, BVN, Nigerian Inter-bank Settlement Systems Plc (NIBSS) last week said the number of registered customers has been projected to increase to 20 million by the end of this month.
http://businessdayonline.com/2015/06/cbn-says-account-holders-can-access-cash-as-bvn-deadline-ends-today/#.VZJSVvlViko
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by erico2k2(m): 1:42pm On Oct 30, 2015
SpermDonor:
I was at the OIS Services office on Monday at Fleet Street, Central London and they told everyone there that the deadline for Bank customer livining abroad has been extended to December 31st and on their website http://oisservices.com/bvn.php, they are still Accepting appointment as it is now and in fact the appointment I made 2 weeks ago is scheduled for 20th of November . I asked 2 of their staffs out there and they both told me the same thing.

That's what's up. We are waiting for them and it don't help as we have to pay £30 as well.
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by erico2k2(m): 1:43pm On Oct 30, 2015
M4gunners:
And what of people not living right now in Nigeria?I only heard they have open a centre where those living in UK and US are doing theirs, what of people living in central Europe? Can anyone help me with how to go about it?I am not ready to sacrifice any money to bank o.
I think you will be allowed to sort it wen U get into the country however yu can't pay in or out
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by erico2k2(m): 1:47pm On Oct 30, 2015
Bluetooth2:

It helps because it is a unique identification system that will be used to identify terrorists, trace the flow of terror funds and, money laundering.
Y do U think the UK and the US have not employed this system??
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by simplemach(m): 1:53pm On Oct 30, 2015
mikron:
How did u link the 2 with ur atm? Pls I need to link mine too
You have to do the BVN for one first in the bank then you can link the second with the atm.
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by frisky2good(m): 2:32pm On Oct 30, 2015
Is it that after today noone will be able to open a new bank account in Nigeria if you don't already have a BVN? It should be a continuous exercise. They should only put restrictions on accounts whose owners have not been verified.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

15 Hot Products You Can Import And Sell For Amazing Profits / Tesla Buys $1.5 Billion Worth Of Bitcoin, Says May Accept It For Payment For Car / Gtbank Vs Innoson At The Supreme Court: What Really Happened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.