Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,243 members, 7,957,584 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:15 PM

BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday (29235 Views)

BVN: Banks Engage Law Firm To Appeal Court Ruling / BVN: Banks That May Suffer From Deposit Loss / Cash Shortage Hits Banks As TSA Deadline Expires (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by An2elect2(f): 8:43am On Oct 30, 2015
hogboyeh:
Av done my is just to link it wit my 2nd account.I can do dat later?

Oga, go and link it o shocked
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 30, 2015
What about those outside the country like some members said?
What would happen to their money?
They are joking with this deactivation of a thing right?
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by arabianights: 8:46am On Oct 30, 2015
powerfulsettingz:

Y not kuku go to the CID department in Abuja for better confirmation? After I've helped two nairalander secure the job yesterday

Mtchewwww poeple self

let them defend you with evidences else the response you got is obviously correct.you can blame the person as we have so many scammers now
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 30, 2015
ajasbaba:
and how those that help in the fight against boko haram.

It helps because it is a unique identification system that will be used to identify terrorists, trace the flow of terror funds and, money laundering.

2 Likes

Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by Walexsammy(m): 8:47am On Oct 30, 2015
osaslord500:
Dem go [b][/b]prospone am again!!
lord of isreal....itz Postpone

1 Like

Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by octopusfreaky(f): 8:49am On Oct 30, 2015
haaaaaaaa,,not done mine oo.
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by simplemach(m): 8:49am On Oct 30, 2015
condralbede:
so u can actually link with ATM?
yes u can
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by Shokoloko(f): 8:50am On Oct 30, 2015
I think by deactivation they mean the. Accounts might be forced into dormant or frozen states, whenever you wish to reactivate you would have to bring a valid ID and a valid address document

1 Like

Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by ValerianSteel(m): 8:50am On Oct 30, 2015
It is only in Nigeria that they give deadline for stuffs like this.

Simple thing that should always be a continuous stuff cause evidently new bank customers would obviously have to enroll so what's the deadline for.

This is country and Shallow insights.It is criminal and financial fraud to deactivate accounts with money still in them.

3 Likes

Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by menxer: 8:52am On Oct 30, 2015
teepsee:
I trust Nigerians, they won't do it when it's easy, go to banks today and you will see crowed. Yet we blame everything on government

You dey mind us?
If there was a way for people to make money out of BVN registration, it would have been a different story: everyone would have gotten it by now grin
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by nytooo(m): 8:53am On Oct 30, 2015
Super story...BVN is sign of end tym... Soo dey mean without diz No. wwe can't transact anymore Hmmm I'm packing bck 2 d village 2 leave as ma gr8 grnd fada did.

1 Like

Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by Madeu(m): 8:54am On Oct 30, 2015
ollah1:

What about those outside the country like some members said?
What would happen to their money?
They are joking with this deactivation of a thing right?
Withdraw all the money in the account. I did that - Don't care if my account will be deactivated.

1 Like

Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by Nobody: 8:54am On Oct 30, 2015
after how many months today will be when many people will do theirs
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by darmys(f): 8:57am On Oct 30, 2015
I like this BVN idea but i see it as too early.
obviously a way to give contract to some company.

A government that did not focus on making sure people earn enough to have some money in their bank account calling for BVN\
Shey it is N3,107.54 that someone will be running to do BVN for?
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by batuns247yahoo(m): 8:58am On Oct 30, 2015
[quote author=sexaddict08 post=39506370]

Please when did BVN actually started ? People keep saying February 2015, but I did mine December 2014. It started february 2014

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by Skmoda360(m): 8:58am On Oct 30, 2015
sexaddict08:

Please when did BVN actually started ? People keep saying February 2015, but I did mine December 2014.

This is mere threat though, how can u deactivate my account without giving me my money? Fat lie.
I no go scatter d bank
I did mine on my birthday which is November 14.
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 30, 2015
Madeu:

Withdraw all the money in the account. I did that - Don't care if my account will be deactivated.

You dont understand. There are so many Nigerians abroad with accounts here which only them have with-drawer access to. Some people's account is even in dormant. Some can't come home cos of expired visas. There are loads of them out there. What would be such people's case?
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 30, 2015
osaslord500:

I have done mine
can bvn still be updated for my other accounts after 2day pls I need a urgent reply
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by centjamie(m): 9:09am On Oct 30, 2015
simplemach:
Thank God finished mine yesterday, linked the second account with my ATM card myself.
Just that I dont know how to go about my DYA account. Does it even need a BVN?

Please how did you do the linking wit your atm card? I need to link my second account.
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by solonazzy: 9:09am On Oct 30, 2015
tobimillar:

How do you link account with atmosphere? Is it all banks that have that option?
I tire sef.... Uba asked me if I hav anoda acct... I wrote dat of gtb.... If dem like make dem say I no register dat of gtb... Na den dem go c wahala
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 30, 2015
Walexsammy:
lord of isreal....itz Postpone
God of Nigeria... it is 'it's'.

1 Like

Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by Benbelor(m): 9:10am On Oct 30, 2015
I yaff gotten my BVN number but I heard they issue out the Cards but ion know noeng about it....anywy why I dey bother sef wey my acct bal be like Binary grin

2 Likes

Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by Missy89(f): 9:10am On Oct 30, 2015
SpermDonor:
I was at the OIS Services office on Monday at Fleet Street, Central London and they told everyone there that the deadline for Bank customer livining abroad has been extended to December 31st and on their website http://oisservices.com/bvn.php, they are still Accepting appointment as it is now and in fact the appointment I made 2 weeks ago is scheduled for 20th of November . I asked 2 of their staffs out there and they both told me the same thing.

But will they be able to access their account during this period?
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by bebe2(f): 9:25am On Oct 30, 2015
jamesbridget13:
since u have enrolled i guess there is no cause for alarm. U can always get it when u come back to d country

Tnk u for the reassurance, just dug out my naija fone and low and behold it was sent to me in may.

I get so many text frm, MTN, and other companies frm naija that I got fed up of checking
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by Warlord3000(m): 9:25am On Oct 30, 2015
tobimillar:

How do you link account with atmosphere? Is it all banks that have that option?

It's quite easy with gtb atm...

http://www.naijawarlord.com/2015/10/how-to-link-your-bank-verification.html?m=1

Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by yomalex(m): 9:33am On Oct 30, 2015
bebe2:
I did mine wit access bank in march, still don't have the number.

I used my naija number which may sometimes not recieve msges wen am out of the country.

What do i do?
You have to send Account number, BVN number to 20121 for access bank
Check other banks here www.tipsdome.com/how-to-link-bank-verification-number-bvn-to-other-banks
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by yomalex(m): 9:36am On Oct 30, 2015
centjamie:

Please how did you do the linking wit your atm card? I need to link my second account.
Check out steps here www.tipsdome.com/how-to-link-bank-verification-number-bvn-to-other-banks
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by yomalex(m): 9:37am On Oct 30, 2015
worldmoney:
can bvn still be updated for my other accounts after 2day
Why not today Check other banks here www.tipsdome.com/how-to-link-bank-verification-number-bvn-to-other-banks
Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by shrimati(m): 9:38am On Oct 30, 2015
shut:
whoever came up with this sick initiative obviously didn't use his head at all;what about those outside the country,
what happens to my money then undecided
pffffft! i don't care anyway
common dont just criticize like that. You can do it if you are outside Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday by linearity: 9:41am On Oct 30, 2015
SpermDonor:
I was at the OIS Services office on Monday at Fleet Street, Central London and they told everyone there that the deadline for Bank customer livining abroad has been extended to December 31st and on their website http://oisservices.com/bvn.php, they are still Accepting appointment as it is now and in fact the appointment I made 2 weeks ago is scheduled for 20th of November . I asked 2 of their staffs out there and they both told me the same thing.

There is no expiration in doing the BVN, it is now the norm for all new/future account holders, so the exercise will not expire. Only that, from Nov 1, you will not be able to make any bank transaction until your account is linked to your BVN.

I have not done mine also, just looked up the centers, the only one in the US appear to be in Washington DC, was planning on making the 3hrs drive until I noticed that my 9ja passport don expire, so na to find time go renew that one first.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tesla Buys $1.5 Billion Worth Of Bitcoin, Says May Accept It For Payment For Car / Gtbank Vs Innoson At The Supreme Court: What Really Happened / CBN Bans Use Of Dollars For Overseas Fees, Medical Trips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.