Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,505 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

Nigerian Students And This Cohabitation Menace - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Students And This Cohabitation Menace (27405 Views)

Big Cobra Killed In Unilorin’s Female Hostel, After Months Of Cohabitation / Nigerian Students Win N1.4m In Facebook Hackathon Challenge / Esut Suspends 10 Students And Expels 4 For Examination Impersonation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students And This Cohabitation Menace by Mznaett: 2:21pm On Oct 30, 2015
Na today wey yansh begin smell?undecided
Re: Nigerian Students And This Cohabitation Menace by 123papas(m): 2:22pm On Oct 30, 2015
very common in schools located in rural areas.
Re: Nigerian Students And This Cohabitation Menace by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 30, 2015
ritux:
To hell with the OP.

Every Uni student should be mature to know what they want.

Anyways, my gf and I lived together back then in the Uni. Though she had her own room in the campus hostel. Whenever we have some misunderstanding, she goes back to her room until we resolve it.

Today, we are happily married with a bouncing baby boy whose one year birthday is coming up in a few days.

To each his own.

@ OP if e no work for you, e no mean say he no go work for others.

I am happy for you man. More bountiful years to your marriage.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students And This Cohabitation Menace by OlivetBen(m): 2:26pm On Oct 30, 2015
For the pple that are supporting the act it's gud for them bt they shouldn't be ignorant of the fact that whatsover a man sow that he shall reap. I believe nobody will wnt his or her child to be involved in such act so let's be warned!!!
Re: Nigerian Students And This Cohabitation Menace by Kalvan: 2:30pm On Oct 30, 2015
SUGARBEE:
The rate at which Many Nigerian University Undergraduates and students engage in unwholesome relationships is becoming really alarming.

You now find students who were sent to school by their parents to study and become something in life now engage in acts such as cohabitation and in relationships which cause them more harm than good.

Unfortunately, most schools are to blame for this. Universities in the eastern part of the country have made this cohabitation thing look like it's nothing. Why would a female student cohabit with a man "In School" with most times, she getting pregnant at the end and the man dumping her.

It may look rosy and sweet love at first in the relationship but then stepping it up to cohabiting with your partner is totally unpardonable and unacceptable! The fact still remains that you and your partner are both students and for the lady, the dire consequences would be present if you do get pregnant as you may tend to stop your education.

Nigerians need to wake up to this monster called 'Cohabitation" slowly eating away our society.

Am naturally ahead. wink

Mind your business lady. Nigeria has problems far greater than "cohabitation". Africa's/Nigeria's problem is that the people choose to focus on the irrelevant and ignore the relevant/pertinent issues. The ability to separate the relevant from the irrelevant correlates with IQ/intelligence.

[url]https://books.google.com/books?id=WcDR3DtrIZ4C&pg=PA304&lpg=PA304&dq=separate+relevant+for+irrelevant+information+Intelligence&source=bl&ots=f-bul6Cbkr&sig=YoUi5_sfFYUDWdqDkIEz6hMPB80&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CCwQ6AEwAmoVChMI8-CluabqyAIVQ-9jCh03HA4-#v=onepage&q=separate%20relevant%20for%20irrelevant%20information%20Intelligence&f=false[/url]

I'm honestly starting to believe that Jensen was right about the African IQ. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students And This Cohabitation Menace by ilo04(m): 2:37pm On Oct 30, 2015
Mikocake:
so you don't even make your own money and you have the guts to talk down male students..the working class You're dating was once a student huh?? what happens if he loses his job?? you move to the next available mags huh?? so you think you're better and wiser than those girls that date students?? I don't think so you're just selfish and self centered..and if I may ask what if the so called working class men choose to date their fellow working class, do think you've a chance?? selfish!!
leave dat golddiger girl abeg
Re: Nigerian Students And This Cohabitation Menace by yommysure(m): 3:17pm On Oct 30, 2015
yogun:

while at The Polytechnic, Ibadan - this practice was very prominent amongst students in this school. I lived in a village called "Apete" back then and it was very nauseating for me back then. it wasn't really like that amongst student of UI to the best of my knowledge. Lack of accommodation for students is one of the reasons for the madness.

You're 100% right.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students And This Cohabitation Menace by Bsmartt(m): 3:27pm On Oct 30, 2015
This is not just happening in the eastern part of the country but other zones are also involved. I think the best approach to this menace is for the schools to have enough hostels for the students on campus.
Re: Nigerian Students And This Cohabitation Menace by jantavanta(m): 3:54pm On Oct 30, 2015
Nigerian families castigate female students for not hooking a guy before graduation. So, it is family pressure.
Re: Nigerian Students And This Cohabitation Menace by johndanny(m): 4:57pm On Oct 30, 2015
Creamz:
The truth is that most student who cohabitees are the very ones who get the lowest grade in school. How can you ready when the P*ssy is there with you all the time. 30mins of reading 3hrs of F*cking. You can never excel like that....
A very big lie, have seen students living like husband and wife in school and both of them still came out with good grades
Re: Nigerian Students And This Cohabitation Menace by jamesbridget13(f): 5:03pm On Oct 30, 2015
Also add "nigeria corp members n cohabitation menace"

Cohabitation dey smell
Re: Nigerian Students And This Cohabitation Menace by October1960: 6:36pm On Oct 30, 2015
These same girls will one day be demanding some guy to come and pay big dowry for them as wife.
No wonder divorce is so prevalent these days with so much disrespect between men and women.

kennygee:
Small children who still rely on Pocket Money.

I have a distant cousin who lives with her Bf in School.

She pays the rent, the guy runs the house.

She washes his clothes, irons them and he does not eat with less than two pieces of meat.

He gives her money for Soup and her upkeep, he does menial computer jobs ang phone sales asides his studies.

Her parents are not aware.

How can these be curbed?

Parents shouldn't just abandon their kids in School, give them surprise visits.

Know where they live. If you notice anything shady, Insist on them staying in the hostel or living with a relative.
Re: Nigerian Students And This Cohabitation Menace by Fourwinds: 6:39pm On Oct 30, 2015
ellechrystal:
Lol
u dey laugh? How marriages no go dey fail when d stu..pid boys and girls don nack deir kpekus to d fullest before marriage.. I no blame d boys. Na d foolish girls wey dey willing to spread their legs and later talk about heart break and pregnancy
Re: Nigerian Students And This Cohabitation Menace by Fourwinds: 6:46pm On Oct 30, 2015
Mznaett:
Na today wey yansh begin smell?undecided
hmmmm
Re: Nigerian Students And This Cohabitation Menace by Kingsley1000(m): 7:02pm On Oct 30, 2015
at ur own peril
Re: Nigerian Students And This Cohabitation Menace by ayokunle032(m): 7:53pm On Oct 30, 2015
asokoromadam:
Nigeria's and their archairc mentality .useless traditionalists

nd ur from kenyà ??
Re: Nigerian Students And This Cohabitation Menace by omoladeazeez: 8:05pm On Oct 30, 2015
omoladeazeez:

Are you a man-woman

You better withdraw that statement, a woman feeding a man.

Tufiakwa!
Re: Nigerian Students And This Cohabitation Menace by Vicfus(m): 12:04am On Oct 31, 2015
I and my wife stayed together throughout my study and we are now married and blessed with a kid... watta about that nne....?
Re: Nigerian Students And This Cohabitation Menace by Codyt(m): 12:09am On Oct 31, 2015
SUGARBEE:
The rate at which Many Nigerian University Undergraduates and students engage in unwholesome relationships is becoming really alarming.

You now find students who were sent to school by their parents to study and become something in life now engage in acts such as cohabitation and in relationships which cause them more harm than good.

Unfortunately, most schools are to blame for this. Universities in the eastern part of the country have made this cohabitation thing look like it's nothing. Why would a female student cohabit with a man "In School" with most times, she getting pregnant at the end and the man dumping her.

It may look rosy and sweet love at first in the relationship but then stepping it up to cohabiting with your partner is totally unpardonable and unacceptable! The fact still remains that you and your partner are both students and for the lady, the dire consequences would be present if you do get pregnant as you may tend to stop your education.

Nigerians need to wake up to this monster called 'Cohabitation" slowly eating away our society.

Am naturally ahead. wink
How e take concern you! Ehn? tongue
Your matter tire me o
Re: Nigerian Students And This Cohabitation Menace by omoarole: 2:51am On Oct 31, 2015
coolluk:

Freedom has no limits, in as much they are not kids, they can the Bleep they want and live with the consequences if there are any. I didn't cohabit in school and i have no problem if some kid decides to do it. Doesn't affect my life and i highly doubt if it affects yours

Well, my point exactly. I am just stressing the point that one must take responsibility for what one does.
But at the same time, freedom really has limits. I doubt you will as a parent release your child to absolute freedom in University when you're the one paying hhis her bills. Of course, freedom has limits when it comes to that. You definitely won't tell your child that freedom has limits in University.....even freedom to join secret cult....
If they are not under parents, it's a different kettle of fish. But even then, freedom still has limits.
Re: Nigerian Students And This Cohabitation Menace by Codyt(m): 11:02am On Oct 31, 2015
ritux:
To hell with the OP.

Anybody that is in the Uni is mature to know what is good and right.

That aside, myself and my gf back then lived together.
Epic!
Re: Nigerian Students And This Cohabitation Menace by justmenoni: 2:59pm On Nov 03, 2015
Naso una go dey talk...hope u saw one of the front page post where one of ur colleagues lost his life just cos of practising what u people call If(free oder awoof)

ClassCaptain:
Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion or view.

I go see girl way carry front.carry back,wash clothes.Cook food,Clean house still drop kpetus.I no go con allow cohabitation ??

Some of these girls dem go give dem money for house rent dem go use am buy Mary Kane ,buttpads and leggings.. Is it a bad something if boys assist them and provide shelter for them ,??

yeye dey smell

Rokiatu DAT is currently cohabiting with me, we are not dating but I provide shelter for her for d time ...Shld I now send her out despite doing all d above things she does for me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Munonyedi Kelvin Egbo Graduates From University Of Glasgow UK With Distinction / Precious Oyelade Made 1st-class In Cambridge With Her Nollywood-based Thesis / NASU Strike: MOUAU Students Charge Phones In Large Number (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.