Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,702 members, 7,813,320 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

Powerful Advice To Our Moderator - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Powerful Advice To Our Moderator (3271 Views)

Advice To Muslim Singles / Muhammad Ali's Advice To His Daughter / Phase 2: Powerful Advice To The Moderators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Powerful Advice To Our Moderator by Abuzola(m): 4:40pm On May 08, 2009
This forum is becoming pissing because almost every thread is religious sentimental,
Re: Powerful Advice To Our Moderator by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 08, 2009
No thanks to people like you though. You feel free calling the bible corrupt, when the shoe is on the other foot you come crying to your mods?

What a shame.
Re: Powerful Advice To Our Moderator by Lagosboy: 5:03pm On May 08, 2009
I wish we could create threads to better ourselves as muslims Wallah. The amount of energy we spend arguing with david and his disciples is just too much and could be used in explaining islam to those who will care to listen and also to we muslims to help us learn new things and increase our faith.

80% of active threads here are all threads fulll of insults and repeating the same arguement moving round a circle. Comparative religion analysis is good and i have personally studied it extensivelyy and even used to lecture on it but here on NL , we just have 3 or 4 bunch of opinionated individuals who will still call the sky black even when u show them it is blue. The only consolation i do have is i know there are hundreds of observers who dont contribute and the might deduce the truth themselves based on our arguements and efforts of babs, littleb,fellis,abuzola,ayinba,jarus,oyb and hosts of others but not forgeting our dear sista Mukina. May God reward them all

Let us start threads that we could learn and benefit ourselves from,Islamic science is wide. I notice the threads some bros created on tafseer and quran and similar threads never goes far but it is the insultive threads that goes several pages. I could be wrong though but may Allah guide us aright.

On the other hand we cannot just sit back and watch when some falsehood is been posted regarding our faith and not defend it as we will be doing a great service to islam.  Difficult balance to thread i guess, may God help us all.

What do u guys think
Re: Powerful Advice To Our Moderator by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 08, 2009
Lagosboy:

I wish we could create threads to better ourselves as muslims Wallah. The amount of energy we spend arguing with david and his disciples is just too much and could be used in explaining islam to those who will care to listen and also to we muslims to help us learn new things and increase our faith.

80% of active threads here are all threads fulll of insults and repeating the same arguement moving round a circle. Comparative religion analysis is good and i have personally studied it extensivelyy and even used to lecture on it but here on NL , we just have 3 or 4 bunch of opinionated individuals who will still call the sky black even when u show them it is blue. The only consolation i do have is i know there are hundreds of observers who dont contribute and the might deduce the truth themselves based on our arguements and efforts of babs, littleb,fellis,abuzola,ayinba,jarus,oyb and hosts of others but not forgeting our dear sista Mukina. May God reward them all

Let us start threads that we could learn and benefit ourselves from,Islamic science is wide. I notice the threads some bros created on tafseer and quran and similar threads never goes far but it is the[b] insultive threads that goes several pages[/b]. I could be wrong though but may Allah guide us aright.

On the other hand we cannot just sit back and watch when some falsehood is been posted regarding our faith and not defend it as we will be doing a great service to islam.  Difficult balance to thread i guess, may God help us all.

What do u guys think

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

Troll (Internet)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Do not feed the trolls" and its abbreviation DNFTT redirect here. For the Wikipedia essay, see "What is a troll?". For other uses see Troll (disambiguation).

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.[2]

that explains it.

davidlyan and co and just following in the illustrious footsteps of a long line of miguided christian fanatics. people have murdered, tortured, staoln in the name of the christian god. in the internet age, dawoda nackson and co troll in their god's name.

there's no question that nackson has mastered the trolling game - while most of his fellow debaters can be civilised, he is a pure troll - which is why he always injects sapwn of satan, islamobot, etc into his diatribes , in an effort to anger, derail and confuse. I'm sure you'll find he has extensive manuals on manipulating the path or an argument cheesy

anyway , no one ever said being Muslim would be easy

Barka Jumah
Re: Powerful Advice To Our Moderator by Lagosboy: 5:36pm On May 08, 2009
Again thanx for this. i have learnt a new word today "troll"

But good explanation you gave though, its like a cancer in the islamic threads with the sole purpose of not letting muslims reap any benefit of having a separate section. I tell the detractors though inshallah , henceforth u will fail in your malicous attempts to derail thread and distract us.
Re: Powerful Advice To Our Moderator by Nobody: 5:53pm On May 08, 2009
Lagosboy:

I notice the threads some bros created on tafseer and quran and similar threads never goes far but it is the insultive threads that goes several pages. I could be wrong though but may Allah guide us aright.

Perhaps you havent considered it could be because you have nothing really to say?

Take an objective look at the islamic section . . . besides the barka jummah thread where mukina is seriously struggling to keep alive (besides the fact that its been stickied for the last 4 months and yet is just managing to limp above page 2) . . . isnt it absurd that the ONLY active threads here are those where christians (sorry trolls like us) have commented on?

the ayat or sura thread died March 25 - a full 4-5 weeks AGO! Is that also because of "trolls" too? Its been stickied since the past 3 yrs and all it can boast of is 11 pages?

Why are muslims NEVER willing to discuss their own religion? Have they never read the quran? Do they not understand it? why is it that even when they struggle to contribute on their own threads . . . its all copy-paste articles from elsewhere which are poorly understood (barka jummah thread for example).

why is it that muslims feel more comfortable on threads where the bible is the main point of discussion? What is it that makes them suddenly fold and flee when you produce the quran? I have been on this forum for 3 yrs, NEVER have i seen a muslim bold enough to explain the quran in simple terms.

The christian section is infested with atheists and muslims . . . YET christian threads thrive . . . so no enough with the silly and moronic excuse that muslims are not posting because christians are here. If you were posting on your own sermon threads, no christians would join you there.

Should all christians cease from posting on this section, it would simply die a slow death.
Re: Powerful Advice To Our Moderator by Nobody: 6:10pm On May 08, 2009
^^^^^^

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-97970.0.html

trolls for jesus in action!  grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

this is a classic  example of what happens when Muslims try to discuss their religion on NL.  grin cheesy, the trolls for jesus hijack it.  cheesy grin

sad how people need to lie to themselves to justify their hangups and obsessions. undecided undecided undecided

The christian section is infested with atheists and muslims . . . YET christian threads thrive . .

i'm npt sure if the topics populating the chrtistain thread can be classifies as thriving - looks like more volume than substance, if you ask me. . .I mean, come on. . .

Creationism Or Evolution - Post Your Peer-review Articles Here And Lets Discuss (2) (3) (4) (5)
Greatest Atheist Quotes « (2) (3) ,  (6) (7)
Pastor Chris Online Can We Pray Together? « (2) (3) ,  (25) (26)
How To Reason With An Athiest – The Sola Scriptura Way Only!
The Sins Of Pastor E.A .Adeboye.
Do Not Critisize Great Men
Fake And Sweet Mouthed Pastors (2)
Why Do Some Christians Reject Gospel Hip Hop?
Catholic Priest, Caught Kissing, handling Woman (video) (2)
What Tithe Really Means (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

those are the ten most current posts as of posting  grin cheesy, you call that thriving?  grin cheesy
Re: Powerful Advice To Our Moderator by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 08, 2009
oyb:

this is a classic  example of what happens when Muslims try to discuss their religion on NL.  grin cheesy, the trolls for jesus hijack it.  cheesy grin

Barka Juma'ah
Muslims Please Beware Of These So-called Islamic websites!
Salat Questions
Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran?

4 top threads on the islamic section . . . all either dead or on life-support thanks to Mukina2 and the ingenuity of sticky threads. Yeah just blame the trolls for hijacking them too eh?
Wonderful thread there to talk about their favorite surah . . . and oyb and his merry band of convenience muslims ignored it, even though not a single christian is there. Most of the time, christians have simply created their own threads to avoid being banned or gagged . . . muslims are welcome to ignore them and focus on their own dying threads. But of course they'd rather post on the christian-created threads. Oh the irony.

oyb:

i'm npt sure if the topic populating the chrtistain thread can be classifies as thriving - looks like more volume than substance, if you ask me. . .I mean, come on. . .

Creationism Or Evolution - Post Your Peer-review Articles Here And Lets Discuss (2) (3) (4) (5)
Greatest Atheist Quotes « (2) (3) ,  (6) (7)
Pastor Chris Online Can We Pray Together? « (2) (3) ,  (25) (26)
How To Reason With An Athiest – The Sola Scriptura Way Only!
The Sins Of Pastor E.A .Adeboye.
Do Not Critisize Great Men
Fake And Sweet Mouthed Pastors (2)
Why Do Some Christians Reject Gospel Hip Hop?
Catholic Priest, Caught Kissing, handling Woman (video) (2)
What Tithe Really Means (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

those are the ten most current posts as of posting  grin cheesy, you call that thriving?  grin cheesy

but somehow your eyes conveniently avoided this - Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship   shocked
I'm surprised because that is the very first thread on the christian section. Started in August 2008, it already has garnered 36 pages, 16820 views and 1120 posts . . . and was active as at this morning.

Its equivalent on the islamic section is this - What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran?
Started in July 2006 (more than 2 yrs BEFORE the christian fellowship thread), it has a poor 11 pages, 10618 views and only 345 posts, was last active 5 weeks ago and is filled mostly with copy-paste articles but no personal study.

But of course you can go on with your islamically sanctioned al taqiya.
Re: Powerful Advice To Our Moderator by Lagosboy: 6:31pm On May 08, 2009
Davidylan u make some sense here as i will be honest but we have to also bear in mind that the muslims on this site are quite few in comparison to the christians. Also it is probably the few practsising muslims that then visit the islam section so that is why you cannot compare the level of activity of muslim section to the general religous section which is not just for christians.

moyin however i have seen you jump into solely muslim threads , the other day there was a thread on music in islam and i saw u jump into it and sparked another round of controversy.

The issue is you guys create threads that then sap the energy of the few msulims here and distract them from contributing to the other serious threads.
Re: Powerful Advice To Our Moderator by Nobody: 6:56pm On May 08, 2009
Lagosboy:

Davidylan u make some sense here as i will be honest but we have to also bear in mind that the muslims on this site are quite few in comparison to the christians. Also it is probably the few practsising muslims that then visit the islam section so that is why you cannot compare the level of activity of muslim section to the general religous section which is not just for christians.

You, oyb, abuzola, uplawal . . . (with the exception of babs787) SOLELY prefer to post on threads that have to do with christians. rarely do i see you on committed islamic threads . . . why? Do you not love your quran? Are you not a practicing muslim? why do i consistently get bible verses from you and no quranic verses at all except when forced?

The religious section is essentially surviving because christians are still active (despite the fact that the vast majority have either been banned or forced off the forum thanks to muslim agitation) . . .

It was similar islamic agitation that sent many to exile for the simple offence of encouraging a sister who converted from islam. A thread that was purely devoted to christian messages.

So dont give us that naive excuse that the christian section is alive because everyone is there. Atheists only have incentives to post because they at least have people to argue with . . . no one would dare do that in your own "peaceloving and tolerant" section. Now i wonder why since we are the alleged fanatics.

Lagosboy:

moyin however i have seen you jump into solely muslim threads , the other day there was a thread on music in islam and i saw u jump into it and sparked another round of controversy.

this has happened how many times dude . . . be honest? You struggle to produce an incident that is at least 3 months old. Have i jumped on ur barka thread or surah threads? why are those essentially dead? My fault too?

Lagosboy:

The issue is you guys create threads that then sap the energy of the few msulims here and distract them from contributing to the other serious threads.

Boo hoo . . . what a vapid excuse. when we werent posting here the muslims werent talking about their surah. so because there are churches around your street you wont go pray in ur mosque? So because christians post a few threads asking questions you lost the appetite to talk about your favorite surah? My word! If this was an excuse there'd be no christian left on this forum . . . what with the muslims, skeptics, atheists and agnostics. Dont let us talk about bans and threads locked.
Re: Powerful Advice To Our Moderator by Lagosboy: 7:07pm On May 08, 2009
davidylan:

You, oyb, abuzola, uplawal . . . (with the exception of babs787) SOLELY prefer to post on threads that have to do with christians. rarely do i see you on committed islamic threads . . . why? Do you not love your quran? Are you not a practicing muslim? why do i consistently get bible verses from you and no quranic verses at all except when forced?

How wrong you are, there are lots of argumentative post i prefer to stay away from, the islamic threads here are not limited to the jumah and sura threads. There are several threads here and especially the islamic questions i try to answer to the best of my ability. You dont get bible verses from me word of caution i seldom make references to the bible i repeat seldom and have only done it very few times and i could reference those.

There are a number of posts i stay away from for example the last prophet in the bible thing i only posted there yesterday after it had gone 5 pages and the only reason i posted was when u guys were still fuming of which name is GOD called in arabic.

Anyway enough of thisas the message has been passed across.

Try to stay away from muslim threads talking on muslim issues.
Re: Powerful Advice To Our Moderator by Nobody: 7:14pm On May 08, 2009
Lagosboy:

Anyway enough of thisas the message has been passed across.

Try to stay away from muslim threads talking on muslim issues.

I do just that. The Jerusalem thread was my question, i have just as much right to post it as its NOT a muslim-only forum. I stay away from your surah or barka threads . . . i stay away from your hijab threads . . .

in essence what you simply want is that those with FACTS and who are ready to expose islam for the fraud it is shld "stay away" right? Now i wonder why a "tolerant" fellow would say that. But oh well, muslims are still welcome to thrash the bible while lagosboy the islamobot watches from a safe distance and eggs them on.
Re: Powerful Advice To Our Moderator by Abuzola(m): 8:40pm On May 08, 2009
We muslim never insult jesus or jeopardize your threads in ur christian forum so yours is peaceful and palatable
Re: Powerful Advice To Our Moderator by Lagosboy: 8:43pm On May 08, 2009
you are free start your threads and ask questions but what I am saying is issues that relates to Islamic teachings,guidance, questions try not to post to distract us. This has nothing to do with tolerance. If I wasnt a tolerant dude I wudnt even be replying u despite the heaps of insult without me insulting u back. Well Islam thought me that self restraint and self control.

The prophet (pbuh) said I gurantee jannat a Muslim that can control that between his mouth and that between his legs.

Did u talk of facts dude u Neva present any fact but u just move in a cycle and Neva submit to an arguement. Mama warned me abt people who Neva concedes defeat even when it is glaring their arguement is weak.
Re: Powerful Advice To Our Moderator by Abuzola(m): 8:54pm On May 08, 2009
Moderator, many of us are discouraged to login to islam forum because it breaks our heart with seeing aspersion/taboo
Re: Powerful Advice To Our Moderator by Abuzola(m): 9:08pm On May 08, 2009
Abomination, aspersion and stupidity should be deleted, how can we stand and watch brats insulting Allah and d Apostle
Re: Powerful Advice To Our Moderator by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 08, 2009
Lagosboy:

you are free start your threads and ask questions but what I am saying is issues that relates to Islamic teachings,guidance, questions try not to post to distract us. This has nothing to do with tolerance. If I wasnt a tolerant dude I wudnt even be replying u despite the heaps of insult without me insulting u back. Well Islam thought me that self restraint and self control.

Which is precisely what i did you hypocrite. The Jerusalem thread was started by me! The thread on mohammad being the last prophet was also started by me! I have restricted myself the last couple of months to ONLY replying those threads i started. What is your problem?

Lagosboy:

The prophet (pbuh) said I gurantee jannat a Muslim that can control that between his mouth and that between his legs.

Wow, considering he could not control what was between his own legs i'd wager that line shld apply to muslims not us. We marry one wife, you marry 4 and add concubines.

Lagosboy:

Did u talk of facts dude u Neva present any fact but u just move in a cycle and Neva submit to an arguement. Mama warned me abt people who Neva concedes defeat even when it is glaring their arguement is weak.

Really? Including presenting you with historically accurate facts as to why there could not have been a temple when Mohammad said there was one or historically correct facts that mohammad could not have been counting doors of a temple that had been destroyed 400 yrs BEFORE he was born.

Yeah right.
Re: Powerful Advice To Our Moderator by Nobody: 9:12pm On May 08, 2009
Abuzola:

Abomination, aspersion and stupidity should be deleted, how can we stand and watch  brats insulting Allah and d Apostle

Get your sword ready dude.

Did you forget the insults you heaped on Christ in the other thread? I suppose one rule for muslims and another for us right? hypocrite.
You cant take it dont dish it.
Re: Powerful Advice To Our Moderator by Abuzola(m): 9:19pm On May 08, 2009
Moderator, please create another forum for debate where muslim and xtrian can battle and not in this Holy forum
Re: Powerful Advice To Our Moderator by Abuzola(m): 9:24pm On May 08, 2009
Wallayi Allah will verily ask u what measure did u take when he is brutally insulted and u people were incharge
Re: Powerful Advice To Our Moderator by Abuzola(m): 9:44pm On May 08, 2009
This forum is meant for us to share and learn from our devoted brethren in faith & not passionate sentimental diversion
Re: Powerful Advice To Our Moderator by Abuzola(m): 9:50pm On May 08, 2009
I can turn to a renegade in d xtrian forum and contaminate it with ill doing am capable, lets settle this amicably, 10Q
Re: Powerful Advice To Our Moderator by Abuzola(m): 10:03pm On May 08, 2009
Davide u must be crazy? when did i insult jesus when i know he was a faithful prophet of Allah.
Re: Powerful Advice To Our Moderator by Nobody: 11:13pm On May 08, 2009
abuzola, what is biting you?

Abuzola:

Davide u must be crazy? when did i insult jesus when i know he was a faithful prophet of Allah.

Right there dude . . . right there.

I could equally say that i know Mohammad is a faithful servant of satan since i know he has no part in my God.

We simply said the same thing . . . but you slowpoke call mine an insult and yours a honor?
Re: Powerful Advice To Our Moderator by Nobody: 11:14pm On May 08, 2009
Abuzola:

I can turn to a renegade in d xtrian forum and contaminate it with ill doing am capable, lets settle this amicably, 10Q

Pls be our guest. Its not like we care to be honest. You cant be much worse than Huxley and we still live with him. You on the other hand drove him out of the islamic section . . . yeah tell me about tolerance again.
Re: Powerful Advice To Our Moderator by Abuzola(m): 11:28pm On May 08, 2009
Hahaha, u will soon see my red eyes once our moderator turn down my proposal, u go no say earthworm no bi macaroni
Re: Powerful Advice To Our Moderator by Nobody: 12:15am On May 09, 2009
Abuzola:

Hahaha, u will soon see my red eyes once our moderator turn down my proposal, u go no say earthworm no bi macaroni

Like i said . . . be my guest dude. Many of you have come here blowing hot gas . . . we couldnt trace you once your browsing money ran out.
Re: Powerful Advice To Our Moderator by littleb(m): 9:46am On May 09, 2009
There is no need to modify or create any section for muslims or any other debating section. The section is OK. Many of the discussion here is not only for the posters alone but also many of the apologists, pagan and unbelievers who might read it in futures. The name, ISLAM FOR MUSLIMS is good, its perfect because it help people who really need important information about Islam. Moreso, I am very happy for the manner my mulsims brothers and sisters do respond in this forum, they are really doing fine. I always feel sorry for little time I have to contribute as well. My advice to posters is that people should try as much as possible not to deviate from thread's topic, thereby not missing up the conversation.
The antagonists Christians, atheist are even making it more interesting, they are welcome. In Islam, there is no compulsion in religion and you can't make people reverted to Islam except by God wishes. To my little experience especially in the western part of the world, the more the propangada on Islam, the more the knowledgeable and wise people wishes to know more about this faith, thereby, end up reverted to Islam.

@jarus,
Thanks for taking up the job. May Almighty Allah assists you.
Re: Powerful Advice To Our Moderator by Abuzola(m): 1:35pm On May 09, 2009
littleb:

There is no need to modify or create any section for muslims or any other debating section. The section is OK. Many of the discussion here is not only for the posters alone but also many of the apologists, pagan and unbelievers who might read it in futures.

I disagree with you, threads that are meant for learning and teaching cannot be said to be open or subjected to interruption by the xtrian or pagan, it render the thread baseless.

The name, ISLAM FOR MUSLIMS is good, its perfect because it help people who really need important information about Islam.
Thats what am saying, if the tread is for Islam and Muslim why do they need to meddle into our affairs.

Moreso, I am very happy for the manner my mulsims brothers and sisters do respond in this forum, they are really doing fine. I always feel sorry for little time I have to contribute as well. My advice to posters is that people should try as much as possible not to deviate from thread's topic, thereby not missing up the conversation.
The antagonists Christians, atheist are even making it more interesting, they are welcome.

What ? Didnt you see aspersion and brutal assault against Allah and His Apostle ? Do you think if i can see them one on oneat that very moment i will let them go free ?

In Islam, there is no compulsion in religion and you can't make people reverted to Islam except by God wishes.

No one is forcing another, all we say is Debate forum should be segregated from learning forum. smiley
Re: Powerful Advice To Our Moderator by littleb(m): 9:43am On May 10, 2009
threads that are meant for learning and teaching cannot be said to be open or subjected to interruption by the xtrian or pagan, it render the thread baseless.

And that is why we have moderators. People should be encouraged not to deviate from topics.

What ? Didnt you see aspersion and brutal assault against Allah and His Apostle ? Do you think if i can see them one on oneat that very moment i will let them go free ?

Just leave them, all these people are your friends, you might not even know that you are related biologically. Moreso, you don't need to fight, just pray for them, what they did to prophet in his life were more than this. Yoruba says "Omo re go, o lo okologbon, se wo lo ko lago". That is, the disease of a fool has no cure except by God's intervention. You have to argue with them in the best manner, and as a guidance in any conversation by imam Shafii:

There are four types of people in this world who enter a conversation/ discussion:
1. One who knows not, and himself knows he knows not, is a student. Teach that person.
2. One who knows, and others know he knows, is a teacher. Learn from that person.
3. One who knows, and himself knows not that he knows, is humble. Encourage him.
4. One who knows not, and himself knows not that he knows not, is stupid. Avoid that person.
In any dialogue keep these in mind, and you shall be guided to productive discourses.
Re: Powerful Advice To Our Moderator by Abuzola(m): 5:42pm On May 10, 2009
Thank u sir for the benevolent advice, but the moderator are not deleting the insults and aspersion
Re: Powerful Advice To Our Moderator by babs787(m): 6:21pm On May 10, 2009
Salam,

Non-Muslims are welcome to this secton and are free to ask questions politely and not throwing insults here and there, thereby deviating threads.

(1) (2) (3) (4)

How To Remove Demonic Attack With The QURAN And SUNNAH / 'surah' Wilayah: Satanic Inspiration!!! / Ibrahim Niyas (lahnatu Lah Alaehim)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.