Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,587 members, 7,816,445 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

why biafra bank diamond and fidelity banks dont employ yorubas - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / why biafra bank diamond and fidelity banks dont employ yorubas (11032 Views)

IPOB is right, Listen Military Oath:27 state most shut down Biafra Bank/business / Listen Military Oath video:state most Start To Shut Down Biafra bank/business / Why Biafra Should Remain In Nigeria – Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: why biafra bank diamond and fidelity banks dont employ yorubas by pus23: 12:41am On Nov 03, 2015
cool
Re: why biafra bank diamond and fidelity banks dont employ yorubas by LastProphet: 7:55am On Nov 03, 2015
bakynes:
The truth about this matter is that Majority of workers in Diamond Bank are igbos very few Yoruba, my sister works with Diamond Bank at the Head office so I know and am yoruba. It is like that in Yoruba owned banks too like GTB, Skye bank and First bank but I think it's more obvious and glaring in Diamond Bank. That's to tell you Tribalism in Nigeria is Legendary.

true about diamond bank, i can't count how many of my ibo classmates went straight to diamond after graduating
Re: why biafra bank diamond and fidelity banks dont employ yorubas by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 03, 2015
stevoski059:
may be cos ,they have been knwn to run down any business they manage.
Yet you ipob managed bank are no where near top 10
Re: why biafra bank diamond and fidelity banks dont employ yorubas by Yeske2(m): 8:37am On Nov 03, 2015
Scholarships:
I guess most people commenting on this thread are new to Nairaland. I mean don't you guys know op? HRH Musiwa, Emperor of Western Region cheesy cheesy
It's obvious so many are new.

1 Like

Re: why biafra bank diamond and fidelity banks dont employ yorubas by Scholarships: 4:43pm On Nov 03, 2015
Yeske2:
It's obvious so many are new.
Man, I'm surprised shocked seeing them take this thread so serious. Smh undecided

1 Like

Re: why biafra bank diamond and fidelity banks dont employ yorubas by Yanks101: 5:43pm On Nov 03, 2015
IyaIode:

And what of zenith bank? Fidelity and diamond are major Nigerian banks in the so-called top 10.
Dumb iya.

1 Like

Re: why biafra bank diamond and fidelity banks dont employ yorubas by tunde1200(m): 5:59pm On Nov 03, 2015
grin grin

kunbit:

Do you mean tribalistic? I'm sure you mean tribal not racists, or Ibos and Yorubas now belong to different races? I think Ibos are the most tribalistic, go to the politics section and see the number of tribalistic posts there started by an ibo person.
Can you imagine some writing a post titled 'the roads in Enugu is better all the ones in yoruba land'. Who cares? I believe it's insecure people that act that way.
About institutions, go to the east and see if their institutions are not dominated by Ibos, it's just a matter of location which is very normal.
Re: why biafra bank diamond and fidelity banks dont employ yorubas by pus23: 6:32pm On Nov 03, 2015
IyaIode:

[size=18pt]Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) is that the meaning of ipob managed bank [/size]
Re: why biafra bank diamond and fidelity banks dont employ yorubas by pus22: 3:58am On Nov 04, 2015
dbv
Re: why biafra bank diamond and fidelity banks dont employ yorubas by ademusiwa94: 1:48am On Nov 06, 2015
l
Re: why biafra bank diamond and fidelity banks dont employ yorubas by yetunsbay(m): 3:53am On Nov 06, 2015
anigbajumo:

Last time I checked,It was segun Agbaje (GT bank) CEO dat won CEO of the year,Finance monthly global award and west Africa's business Leader....And the man is full blooded yoruba.
& u think that guy u quoted get sense. French do call such pple les incompetent
Re: why biafra bank diamond and fidelity banks dont employ yorubas by Nobody: 8:14am On Nov 06, 2015
Nemesis99:
i pity yur children
she can't have any. she is a transgender.
Re: why biafra bank diamond and fidelity banks dont employ yorubas by basilo101: 12:01pm On Nov 06, 2015
Biafra banks Diamond, Fidelity, UBA, Zenith. All have never been involved in any merger. Yorubas run down most banks dat were later merged. Well i jst comented cos others did, they didn't kw musiwa's numerous monikers

1 Like

Re: why biafra bank diamond and fidelity banks dont employ yorubas by laudate: 6:55pm On Nov 07, 2015
basilo101:
Biafra banks Diamond, Fidelity, UBA, Zenith. All have never been involved in any merger. Yorubas run down most banks dat were later merged. Well i jst comented cos others did, they didn't kw musiwa's numerous monikers

Who told you that UBA has never been involved in any merger?? Guy, go and do your research, o! The present UBA was formed from a merger of the old Standard Trust Bank, and Continental Bank which merged with UBA. Even Diamond Bank merged with former Lion Bank, to become what it is today. Fidelity also merged with FSB International Bank and Manny Bank. So what are you talking about??! shocked

As for Igbo-owned banks, who says that some of them were not badly managed? Maybe you can tell us what became of Hallmark Bank owned by Marc Wabara, Orji Kalu and John Udeagbala, Citizens International Bank owned by the Udensi family, African Continental Bank Plc etc., and how their Igbo owners failed to rescue them.

2 Likes

Re: why biafra bank diamond and fidelity banks dont employ yorubas by pus24: 7:42pm On Nov 08, 2015
sadhcf
Re: why biafra bank diamond and fidelity banks dont employ yorubas by pus96: 4:57am On Nov 14, 2015
shocked
Re: why biafra bank diamond and fidelity banks dont employ yorubas by Nobody: 6:00am On Nov 14, 2015
Another clueless and dumb OP from a lazy family!
Re: why biafra bank diamond and fidelity banks dont employ yorubas by love23a: 10:47pm On Nov 14, 2015
embarassed undecided
Re: why biafra bank diamond and fidelity banks dont employ yorubas by pus96: 2:31am On Nov 16, 2015
:oG
Re: why biafra bank diamond and fidelity banks dont employ yorubas by Jobneeded12: 5:21am On Nov 16, 2015
If you observe most of this Biafran banks are 3rd class banks because Yorubas bring innovation to the table just take a look at Yoruba banks the biggest in Africa
Re: why biafra bank diamond and fidelity banks dont employ yorubas by Jobneeded12: 5:22am On Nov 16, 2015
[quote author=laudate post=39782561]

Who told you that UBA has never been involved in any merger?? Guy, go and do your research, o! The present UBA was formed from a merger of the old Standard Trust Bank, and Continental Bank which merged with UBA. Even Diamond Bank merged with former Lion Bank, to become what it is today. Fidelity also merged with FSB International Bank and Manny Bank. So what are you talking about??! shocked

As for Igbo-owned banks, who says that some of them were not badly managed? Maybe you can tell us what became of Hallmark Bank owned by Marc Wabara, Orji Kalu and John Udeagbala, Citizens International Bank owned by the Udensi family, African Continental Bank Plc etc., and how their Igbo owners failed to rescue them.

Igbos are born to lie and form stories
Re: why biafra bank diamond and fidelity banks dont employ yorubas by pus96: 8:13am On Nov 16, 2015
When you say that. Igbo banks merging with other in banks created diamond and fidelty hanks
Re: why biafra bank diamond and fidelity banks dont employ yorubas by simpleseyi: 8:37am On Nov 16, 2015
stevoski059:
may be cos ,they have been knwn to run down any business they manage.

Yes, you are right, Yorubas ran down ACB, the only bank owned by the Old Eastern Region whereas the bank owned by the Old Western Region (National Bank now merged with Wema Bank) is still growing up till this very second. Why are all Ibos stupid just like Ojukwu, Azikwe, Anyaokwu and Ekweme?
Re: why biafra bank diamond and fidelity banks dont employ yorubas by pus96: 2:02am On Nov 19, 2015
Acb was ran by igbo people ,not Yoruba.

When people shout Biafra, they seem to forget that some of the bank is own by east part which is Biafra
Even some of the companies are ownership to be Biafra or east.

Is like saying is the north dead. No. Some companies are own by the old north
Re: why biafra bank diamond and fidelity banks dont employ yorubas by Ademusiwa1b: 2:16am On Nov 19, 2015
Ghana has 6 government universities.

East or Biafra has 18 government universities

1 Like

Re: why biafra bank diamond and fidelity banks dont employ yorubas by pus96: 2:35am On Nov 19, 2015
18 government own television station so call Biafra. The country of Ghana don't have
Re: why biafra bank diamond and fidelity banks dont employ yorubas by Nobody: 3:39am On Nov 19, 2015
laudate:

Understand the difference between "merged" and " bought out". UBA bought out Standard Trust and Continental when they merged. Diamond bought out Lion Bank, e.t.c . Meaning, the buyer not merger has sole right to retain its board of directors, brand and culture as in the case of Diamond and UBA. So what the previous guy was saying is spot on..no Biafran run banks has liquidated or forced to merge due to insolvency. Mostly its yoruba run banks that get run down or merging to save face. The best banks in Nigeria today remains Diamond, Zenth and Fidelity...all Biafran run. Now understand?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: why biafra bank diamond and fidelity banks dont employ yorubas by Nobody: 3:43am On Nov 19, 2015
steveeeee5:

idiiot are you saying first bank owned by yoruba? the thing is that if any yoruba man is appointed the MD in any establishment he definitely turns it into an all yoruba affair not that they own it.

Very true.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Coalition Of 12 Civil Society Organisation's March Against Impunity In Abuja / FG To Disband FRSC, Christians Pilgrimage, Hajj Commission, Five Other Agencies / HURIWA: Lai’s Attempt To Rubbish Endsars Report Shows FG Not Coordinated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.