Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. (56707 Views)

Largest Crowd Seen In A Bank For BVN Registration (photo) / Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public / Important Info On Bvn Registration!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by bronzegoddess(f): 7:01pm On Oct 31, 2015
EmmaGold007:

I detest that bank
I swear.
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by chibaik(m): 7:02pm On Oct 31, 2015
69MissedCalls:
broke people be like..

check dictionary for meaning of deadline. if they can sue Mtn 5bn without remorse, blocking a mere Nigerian's account for not obeying the law shouldn't be a problem.

You try.
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by pressplay55: 7:03pm On Oct 31, 2015
suyamasta:
They can only press pause on the account and if u do the needful CBN will press play!
shocked
suyamasta:
They can only press pause on the account and if u do the needful CBN will press play!
huw'
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by olutunde12(m): 7:03pm On Oct 31, 2015
Smooyis:

Please be serious can the BVN REGISTRATION be done after the deadline.

Dont mind them. Many people will open acct after the dead line. What then what? Forget!

2 Likes

Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by nigeriancuban: 7:03pm On Oct 31, 2015
even some that did theirs are yet to receive their code,so what's the point disabling the account of those that haven't
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by Smooyis(m): 7:05pm On Oct 31, 2015
crazydove:

For existing account you will have to pay for bvn registration after the due date,since you have to stress their data.this was stated on channels news yesterday banks had meet yesterday that was their conculsion.the fee was not stated by the end of next week they will have that sorted out for now the account will be frozen
Well I hope the fee won't be much and the freeze removed ASAP
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by Smooyis(m): 7:07pm On Oct 31, 2015
fury:
I doubt if you will get correct answers on an online forum on a serious subject like this (except the money your sister have have in the account Is not too big).

Why not just walk into any bank and make the inquiry from their costumer care rep?

Yes thanks. I will do that on Monday but one can also sift out some information here as well.

1 Like

Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by Trustworthiness: 7:21pm On Oct 31, 2015
ogawisdom:
undecided I got my bvn thro my first bank acct, I hope dt covers my uba plc acct or wat am I expected to do tongue

You take your BVN numbers to other banks that you have account with and submit it to the bank by filling a form there. And you are good to go.
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by gejubongudofia: 7:23pm On Oct 31, 2015
START BY DOING WHAT’S POSSIBLE BY PARTAKING ON THE CALABAR CARNIVAL BUMPER RAFFLE TICKET DRAW…. WITH JUST 300 NAIRA YOU CAN BE ONE OF THE 111 WINNERS THIS SUNDAY @ CALABAR MUNICIPALITY COUNCIL . JUST CLICK ON http://www.carnivalbumper.com/ticket.php .
YOU CAN ALSO VIEW LIVE ON SUNDAY VIA : http://www.carnivalbumper.com

Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 31, 2015
If you have done your BVN in several banks before without collecting your number , your account will not be frozen but when no registration on such account has not been made,I'm sorry your account will be frozen. The raw truth there is that heavy fine will be issued to any bank who fail to comply to the order. For more lesson check the case of FG vs MTN firm over failure to register some customers.
Don't be too quick to forget that there are millions of ghost account being operated by politicians and other looters. Freezing the account will do us more good than damages.
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by ibkgab001: 7:24pm On Oct 31, 2015
I intentionally refused to do mine

Wanna see where this shakara dey go
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by mexioni(m): 7:28pm On Oct 31, 2015
bronzegoddess:
My UBA acct can go to hell.

Same with my fidelity acct
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by IYANGBALI: 7:28pm On Oct 31, 2015
bronzegoddess:
My UBA acct can go to hell.
as you no get kobo inside grin
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by MrD2: 7:30pm On Oct 31, 2015
If u have not gotten ur BVN after d deadline, what will happen is that you will not b able to make some transactions (particularly withdrawal) till you get the BVN thing sorted out. The BVN registration will b a continuous process..
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by IYANGBALI: 7:32pm On Oct 31, 2015
pls what is BVN?is it another telecommunication company like GLO and MTN?
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by mikymouse1(m): 7:33pm On Oct 31, 2015
This is the official position, from 1st November 2015, Credits(cash deposit, chq deposit, electronic inflows) will be allowed on accounts without BVN, however debits (cash withdrawals, ATM Withdrawals and all forms of e- transfers will not be allowed until the customers account is updated with BVN.
Note There is difference between being captured for BVN(having a BVN) and having a BVN linked to your account.
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by Adesiji77: 7:35pm On Oct 31, 2015
Smooyis:
It is just a few hours now for the expiration of deadline for the BVN registration. I have registered for mine, but my sister who resides overseas is yet to register and will be coming home in a month's time. Having saved some money towards her visit in her FirstBank account and yet to be registered, I feel so much worried as the deadline closes by.

The question on my mind has been, what will happen to millions of accounts that are yet to be registered before the deadline, and what hope do such account holders have thereafter. Let's share our knowledge on this.

There are designated locations overseas where she can be enrolled.

Enrolment is ongoing in the UK, US, China, Italy, Australia, Canada and South Africa.

All that is required from her need is to download a form and book an appointment online at www.oisservices.com/bvn.php

Pass the information across to her TODAY.
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by Le2money(m): 7:37pm On Oct 31, 2015
tartar9:
those who haven't registered yet are those whose account echo when you trow a pebble in.
U miss road oga....i av 3 main acct which are newly introduced HB(Heritage Bank),Wema and Zenith...i love Zenith cox of their service(s)...i went ahead to do BVN at wema cox ni Zenith in d place i first reside...and i feel relaxed cox dey said once u do one,it covers all d remaining banks u are using....bt my problem started wen Wema was deducting my money anyhw...i had to witdraw all d money frm Wema to dat Zenith...Now deadline has gotten my acct which am aving almost 100k therein...bt my mind dey cut small small as i no knw wetin fit apen wit my money.....cox its like av started to blame mysev for nt leaving d cash inside my Wema jejely....am saying dis cox ot wot u said saying " dos dat didnt do their reg are dos dat if u trow pebbles inside their acct....i will make noise" saying no be so e be oo
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by hillaboi(m): 7:42pm On Oct 31, 2015
at ogawisdom, if u re using more than one bank account, as soon as you get your bvn from one of dem, go to other banks and link the bvn to ur accounts. goodluck.
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by nattty(m): 7:43pm On Oct 31, 2015
Paulpaulpaul:
Ha! It will be terrible o, it means she will lose everything to CBN and FG will use it to pay workers' arrears. However, she can transfer the money to my own account cos I've registered mine.

Seriously, nothing de happen this na naija
Thief
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by fineguy11(m): 7:44pm On Oct 31, 2015
Datazone:
Okay, lets be serious OP. Although I have done mine but you wrote the post like you are afraid and hopeless. Well, as a Warri boy, make I give you mind make your mind strong like pillar.

You see bro, the issue of BVN ending today or whatever na big story, na mumu go believe that kain thing. Shay you dey understand? If the money wey dey your sist. bank account nor fit flash mtn to mtn nor just bother to panic, just tell her to open new one. On the contrary, if her account is damn loaded and fat like rick ross belle or the money many like Nigeria problems just tell her to chillax. The deactivation package wey these banks dey talk about na just to make the bank account inactive. You dey feel me so, guy? So, if your sist. just wan collect her pepper back from her bank account she just need to provide some documents like the usual utility bill and valid id card only. Nor fear bro, we dey your back! If the banker nor wan give your sist. her money wey she work for, just holla me guy. Then the banker go tell me whether na hin work the money put for the account.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by cuteboy2: 7:45pm On Oct 31, 2015
Smooyis:
It is just a few hours now for the expiration of deadline for the BVN registration. I have registered for mine, but my sister who resides overseas is yet to register and will be coming home in a month's time. Having saved some money towards her visit in her FirstBank account and yet to be registered, I feel so much worried as the deadline closes by.

The question on my mind has been, what will happen to millions of accounts that are yet to be registered before the deadline, and what hope do such account holders have thereafter. Let's share our knowledge on this.

But banks have been sending messages to their customers giving addresses overseas where BVN can be done.

Haha! Nigerians and last minute tinz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by afonjay: 7:45pm On Oct 31, 2015
D act ll be conphiscated and another act ll officially open n if u ve money in other act such money ll be transfered to new act. Disadvantage here is ur act record shows new act if there any benefit from old act u need to wait until dat act spend certain time before u can benefit
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 31, 2015
I have not done mine because i have not been around and it doesn't border me. I believe BVN should be a continuous process because even after the deadline date, new customers will still open accounts.
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by Chookym(m): 7:51pm On Oct 31, 2015
BVN registration is a countinios thing. however if u havent done yrs before the deadline, u will not be able to carry out some transactions on the account, like withdrawals and transfers, but u can still do yr registration after d deadline but this time its with a fine , MAYBE N1,500 (my guess). so make she no panic
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:51pm On Oct 31, 2015
mikolo80:
you think all Nigerians are jobless like you
connected like you
in the country like you
think before you talk

You must be 'Jobless'?

Can you work in a blog or as a reporter??

On www.brainnewsng.com
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by pavy(m): 7:53pm On Oct 31, 2015
ogawisdom:
undecided I got my bvn thro my first bank acct, I hope dt covers my uba plc acct or wat am I expected to do tongue

...go and link ur BVN code to ur UBA account ASAP
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:55pm On Oct 31, 2015
Chookym:
BVN registration is a countinios thing. however if u havent done yrs before the deadline, u will not be able to carry out some transactions on the account, like withdrawals and transfers, but u can still do yr registration after d deadline but this time its with a fine , MAYBE N1,500 (my guess). so make she no panic

God bless you for this!

No, there will be no fine!

It will just be like SIM card registration that started with a warning on the last day of registering.

But now you can register your SIM card any day, any time.

Thank you.
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:56pm On Oct 31, 2015
afonjay:
D act ll be conphiscated and another act ll officially open n if u ve money in other act such money ll be transfered to new act. Disadvantage here is ur act record shows new act if there any benefit from old act u need to wait until dat act spend certain time before u can benefit

I disagree man
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:56pm On Oct 31, 2015
afonjay:

I disagree man!
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by bronzegoddess(f): 8:00pm On Oct 31, 2015
IYANGBALI:
as you no get kobo inside grin
Duh? undecided
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by chychyobbi(f): 8:00pm On Oct 31, 2015
Watch Video Of Kogi State University 'Lesbian' Scandal - Click To Download

http://www.chichinwaafrica.com/2015/10/watch-video-of-kogi-state-university.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Four Anambra Brands That Will Take Over Nigeria Soon / Coronavirus: Access Bank Closes Branch After Visitor Tested Positive To COVID-19 / Enugu Housewife Returns ₦14m Erroneously Paid Into Her Bank Account (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.