Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. (56735 Views)

Largest Crowd Seen In A Bank For BVN Registration (photo) / Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public / Important Info On Bvn Registration!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by Adortem: 9:25am On Nov 01, 2015
Her account would be frozen,she would need to reactivate it,by paying reactivation fee with identification that its her account
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by asvpChuu(m): 9:27am On Nov 01, 2015
Franzinni:
i tot it was fetty wap?
Both
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by Oluwademilade: 9:32am On Nov 01, 2015
ogawisdom:
undecided I got my bvn thro my first bank acct, I hope dt covers my uba plc acct or wat am I expected to do tongue

Ure supposed to link the two accounts to ur bvn number
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by sexyyoyo(m): 9:49am On Nov 01, 2015
grin
bronzegoddess:
My UBA acct can go to hell.
cos u are broke and no cash to keep it functioning grin
bronzegoddess:
My UBA acct can go to hell.
cos u are broke and no cash to keep it functioning
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by jaydee87(m): 10:18am On Nov 01, 2015
LaRochelle:
There are four things that are likely to happen when the deadline expires:
1. CBN fines bank customers who haven't registered.
2. CBN fines banks who have customers that have not yet registered.
3. CBN extends the deadline.
4. Those who haven't registered might lose their money in their accounts.

Since this is Nigeria, I'm betting on either 1 or 3 in the ratio of 30:70. My predictions are usually correctsmiley.
think you should go in pundit u will make a lot of money from there...
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by Olenga(m): 10:23am On Nov 01, 2015
Guys what would only happen after the deadline is that such account holder would not be able to operate the account until he/she does the BVN. Simple.

1 Like

Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by ichema4u(m): 10:29am On Nov 01, 2015
ogawisdom:
undecided I got my bvn thro my first bank acct, I hope dt covers my uba plc acct or wat am I expected to do tongue

Take ur bvn number and submit it to ur other banks.. That's all.
I did same

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by kenobi007(m): 10:38am On Nov 01, 2015
Smooyis:
It is just a few hours now for the expiration of deadline for the BVN registration. I have registered for mine, but my sister who resides overseas is yet to register and will be coming home in a month's time. Having saved some money towards her visit in her FirstBank account and yet to be registered, I feel so much worried as the deadline closes by.

The question on my mind has been, what will happen to millions of accounts that are yet to be registered before the deadline, and what hope do such account holders have thereafter. Let's share our knowledge on this.

what will happen is that customers won't have access to their account unless the account has a bvn. and if u don't have a bvn u will be required to do it before you can carry out any transaction.

1 Like

Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by bronzegoddess(f): 10:43am On Nov 01, 2015
sexyyoyo:
;Dcos u are broke and no cash to keep it functioning ;Dcos u are broke and no cash to keep it functioning
clap for ursef
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by macminista(m): 12:06pm On Nov 01, 2015
shocked
Bonethugss:

Dude do your research, NIBSS via Oisservices are currently registering customers regardless of bank in America- Washington, Atlanta, (though yet to start in New York), South Africa, China, Australia, Malaysia and Italy. Representatives I believe would should start in New York.
stop saying what u don't ...which research I talk this people virtually everyday..my ppl at the uba head quarters in 9ja n my friends in various states in america

1 Like

Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by roob: 12:26pm On Nov 01, 2015
omaniblog:
Nothing Will Actually Happen..

Customers who failed to do theirs will only be forced to do it when they want to make withdrawls

...BVN Will be done anytime

i have nt gotten mine...guess its because i registered in two different banks...Bro, any wahala dey?
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by Ursino(f): 12:53pm On Nov 01, 2015
ogawisdom:

That covers it, but u need to link the accounts together. Just walk into any UBA branch and ask for a BVN Linkage Form. Fill and submit, you are good!

1 Like

Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by AKAMDEALS(m): 1:02pm On Nov 01, 2015
Notin we happen, wot about pple dat will open new acc tomorrow.
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by kuleke(m): 1:41pm On Nov 01, 2015
Anyone noticed the FirstBank bvn online form isn't loading?
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by omaniblog(m): 2:49pm On Nov 01, 2015
roob:

i have nt gotten mine...guess its because i registered in two different banks...Bro, any wahala dey?
no Sir
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by amparas(m): 6:56pm On Nov 01, 2015
Shey na naija we dey
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by saintfrank(m): 9:26pm On Nov 01, 2015
as long as new customer we always open an account with banks in nija, so the BVN registration is always open.
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by kokorodudu(f): 11:07pm On Nov 01, 2015
BVN registration is available for life (until another government cancels it) however if your account doesn't have it, you can't do transactions.
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by fxdinta: 10:04am On Nov 02, 2015
BVN registrations is a precursor to unrolling the mark of the beast.
first they start with the biometrics of people
next they create situations where one would have to take certain electronic signatures or tatoos before they have access to their monies.

it is not meant to stop money laundering.... no not at all
Remember some years back when we were told to give our bio-metrics before buying sim cards so they can trace and catch kidnappers?
well, we did all that and no kidnapper has been caught via phone.
and people are still being kidnapped.

if it was actually to stop money laundering, caps should be put on money transfers on banks, and any account suspected of laudering should be frozen. not everybody in the country giving their personal biological information in this era of hacking worldwide.

Nigerians should stand up and question CBN. people are innocent until they are proven guilty.
if my account is not suspected of any criminal activity, no one as the right to freeze my money.
i espect all these lawyers that make noise on political matters to stand up now and sue the CBN.

But to answer the original poster's questions, your sister does not need to come to Naija to register, she can easily open another account when she comes and move her money there.
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by PussyKrook: 6:22pm On Nov 02, 2015
Gbam! You have said it all. This is simply beyond money.

>I personally think the CBN could request bio-metric data from Immigration services. But they cant do that because their mandate does not warrant them to do that. The CBN does have the power, nor the legality to request, demand the complete thumb-printing of millions of Nigerians just in the name of 'money'. This goes show the status that we all have given money in our lives. Not 1 finger, but all 10!

>I do not know of any country in the modern civilized times that requires finger prints to open an account. Let the Federal Reserve Bank try in America and they would be in breach of the constitution and the Second Amendment. An international passport or National ID card is more than sufficient for one to open an account. Whose fault is it that there is so much corruption and money laundering? The CBN has facilitated corruption and helped lined the pockets of corrupt Nigerians. They thin BVN will solve their problems

>I will personally never register for the BVN. NEVER! there are in fact 6 million ways to skin the cow and I know all. I have an account in one of the banks. I am already preparing to close them up and simply play along with the corrupt system. I will have 10 more bank accounts without the bloody BVN.

>Cant hand my fingerprints to banking cartel. I will not send my data indirectly to the United States. Electoral commission and immigration has my data. They can request copies from them.

>Surprisingly, Nigerians can simply decide to close their bank accounts and believe me, the banksters will retreat with their tails between their Legs.

fxdinta:
BVN registrations is a precursor to unrolling the mark of the beast.
first they start with the biometrics of people
next they create situations where one would have to take certain electronic signatures or tatoos before they have access to their monies.

it is not meant to stop money laundering.... no not at all
Remember some years back when we were told to give our bio-metrics before buying sim cards so they can trace and catch kidnappers?
well, we did all that and no kidnapper has been caught via phone.
and people are still being kidnapped.

if it was actually to stop money laundering, caps should be put on money transfers on banks, and any account suspected of laudering should be frozen. not everybody in the country giving their personal biological information in this era of hacking worldwide.

Nigerians should stand up and question CBN. people are innocent until they are proven guilty.
if my account is not suspected of any criminal activity, no one as the right to freeze my money.
i espect all these lawyers that make noise on political matters to stand up now and sue the CBN.

But to answer the original poster's questions, your sister does not need to come to Naija to register, she can easily open another account when she comes and move her money there.
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by onyxo76(m): 2:01pm On Nov 03, 2015
people should very careful with this BVN , there are many fraudsters in town now using this to dupe unsuspecting account holders.
i received a text from a glo number yesterday stating that i should forward my bvn number to the number that sent the text, saying that its from the manager of a bank i transact with. I haven't used the bank for a very long time now as they have closed down the branch in town i reside. But what gave the message away as a scam was the fact that they sent the text to my mtn line which i never used when filling their form when opening the account then, i used to receive sms on my glo number not mtn so immediately knkew that they were up to something...everyone should be careful and be at alert o...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Four Anambra Brands That Will Take Over Nigeria Soon / Enugu Housewife Returns ₦14m Erroneously Paid Into Her Bank Account (Photos) / Coronavirus: Access Bank Closes Branch After Visitor Tested Positive To COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.