Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,288 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari (27255 Views)

‘Nigeria Moving Away From Corruption To Production’ – Rotimi Amaechi / Tunde Bakare: Tinubu Singlehandedly Fought PDP To A Standstill / I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by free2ryhme: 6:04pm On Nov 01, 2015
Buhair, as we know it corruption is not standing still but you never move

We are tired jare
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by PauletPeter: 6:05pm On Nov 01, 2015
[b][/b]May the lord God help you as you desire
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by orontogorah(m): 6:05pm On Nov 01, 2015
Mutuwa:
smiley just do your best mr president.

Except

Fellow Nigerians, check the names & profiles of some of the senators who staged a walk-out because they hate corruption so badly and as such didn't want Ameachi as minister:-

But guess what...they now have this dark cloud of frustration and pain hovering around them,because he will now be a Minister of the FRN.

Shamefully, they include;

Saint Godswill Akpabio :- Presently facing corruption charges with EFCC as recent as last week.

Saint Joshua Dariye :- Was arrested for money laundering, removed from Office as Governor for 6 months & state of emergency declared in his state. Still facing corruption case with EFCC till date

Saint Theodore Orji :- Pending case with EFCC for allegedly squandered N474billion of Abia state money with his wife & son.

Saint Stella Oduah :- Bought 2 BMW N240billion. Was removed as minister. Still undergoing investigation with EFCC

Saint Jonah Jang :- Facing 20billion corruption charges with EFCC, case still in progress.

Saint Sam Egwu :- In 2007, a group, which calls itself the Coalition for Good Governance in Ebonyi State (COGGES) wrote petition to EFCC. In the petition, Sam Egu was described as the most corrupt Governor between 1999-2007. Case still pending in court.

Saint Enyinnaya Abaribe :- Impeached as deputy governor for corruption

Saint Buruji Kashamu - When I saw Kashamu among those walking out, I laughed almost slapped my Boss in the office. Kashamu staged a walk-out in protest against corruption. This must be illusory horror movie,I swear!!
all apc gov/sentors r devoid of corruption i guess.?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by dOnLarich: 6:06pm On Nov 01, 2015
Trailblazer1:
Don't worry, we will better remember you as the dullard that took us 50years backwards economically.

Who wants to remember a dullard undecided
e no go bam for you .. ba$tard son of a thousand fathers
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by ebhohimimen(m): 6:06pm On Nov 01, 2015
Dis man must be mad, all u talk every day is corruption, corruption kill u, ever since u emerge president our nation is going backward all u talk is corruption, its better the country is corrupt every body is living fine dan corruption free nation wre the poor can't afford the cheapest food which is bread, with respect sir Bleep u.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by philusaau(f): 6:07pm On Nov 01, 2015
YOU HAVE MY FULL SUPPORT SIR....MAY ALMIGHTY ALLAH GUIDE AND DIRECT YOU SIR...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by philusaau(f): 6:10pm On Nov 01, 2015
Seconded

1 Share

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by otiigba1(m): 6:11pm On Nov 01, 2015
Akuko n'egwu, tell this to the monkeys
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by Forwetinnah: 6:11pm On Nov 01, 2015
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by IYANGBALI: 6:12pm On Nov 01, 2015
Breaking...
Agric and Natural Resources Audu Ogbeh (Benue)
Agric and Natural Resources Geoffrey Onyema (Enugu)
Attorney General, James Ocholi (Kogi)
Aviation Sen Hadi Sirika (Katsina) 
Defence Abdulrahman Dambazau(Kano)
Defence (State) Dan Ali (Zamfara)
Education . Isaac Adewole (Osun) 
FCT (State) Solomon Dalong (Plateau)
Federal Capital Territory Abubakar Bawa Bwari (Niger)
Finance Okechukwu Enelamah (Abia) 
Finance (State) Kemi Adeosun (Ogun) 
Foreign Affairs . Kayode Fayemi- (Ekiti)
Foreign Affairs (State) Adamu Adamu (Bauchi) 
Health Osagie Ehanire (Edo) 
Information, Communication Technology Lai Mohammed (Kwara) 
Interior Cladius Omoleye Daramola (Ondo) 
Labour Prof Anthony Onwuka (Imo)
Mines and Steel Development Abubakar Malami (Kebbi) 
National Planning Amina Mohammed (Gombe) 
Niger Delta Affairs Rotimi Amaechi 
Niger Delta Affairs (State) Pastor Usani Uguru (Cross River) 
Petroleum Ibe Kachikwu (Delta)
Police Affairs Chris Ngige (Anambra)
Power Babatunde Fashola (Lagos) 
Sports & Youth Development Heineken Lokpobiri (Bayelsa)
Trade and Investment Udo Udo Udoma (Akwa Ibom)
Trade and Investment (State) Zainab Ahmed (Kaduna)
Women Affairs Hajia Khadija Bukar Ibrahim (Yobe)
Works & Transport Ogbonaya Onu- (Ebonyi) Ogbonaya Onu- (Ebonyi)
Works (State) Barr. Adebayo Shittu (Oyo)
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by calaway: 6:13pm On Nov 01, 2015
Mutuwa:

Except

Fellow Nigerians, check the names & profiles of some of the senators who staged a walk-out because they hate corruption so badly and as such didn't want Ameachi as minister:-

But guess what...they now have this dark cloud of frustration and pain hovering around them,because he will now be a Minister of the FRN.

Saint Godswill Akpabio :- Presently facing corruption charges with EFCC as recent as last week.

Saint Joshua Dariye :- Was arrested for money laundering, removed from Office as Governor for 6 months & state of emergency declared in his state. Still facing corruption case with EFCC till date

Saint Theodore Orji :- Pending case with EFCC for allegedly squandered N474billion of Abia state money with his wife & son.

Saint Stella Oduah :- Bought 2 BMW N240billion. Was removed as minister. Still undergoing investigation with EFCC

Saint Jonah Jang :- Facing 20billion corruption charges with EFCC, case still in progress.

Saint Sam Egwu :- In 2007, a group, which calls itself the Coalition for Good Governance in Ebonyi State (COGGES) wrote petition to EFCC. In the petition, Sam Egu was described as the most corrupt Governor between 1999-2007. Case still pending in court.

Saint Buruji Kashamu - When I saw Kashamu among those walking out, I laughed almost slapped my Boss in the office. Kashamu staged a walk-out in protest against corruption. This must be illusory horror movie,I swear!!

all your accusations are alleged but consider the situation where APC chairman in kogi state said "if elected governor, prince audu will return 11 billion naira and more to kogi state" APC admitting that its flag bearer is a thief. WHAT A PARTY!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by ajepako(f): 6:15pm On Nov 01, 2015
Sibrah:
I appeal to all childish wailers that they give our President the chance to fight corruption as he has said. It will be hard to have another person come on board and give corruption a fight like Buhari would. Let's forget all the APC vs PDP rivalry and allow this man achieve his goal. Even though he had to come on the APC platform, I know we need to soft-pedal our critism of him.
I also want the Buhari admin to focus on building stronger institution that can resist the forces of corruption for a long time to come. He may go after individuals to make a point on the short run, but the institution he leaves behind can be compromised when he is gone.
All those shouting Tinubu and Ameache should know that corruption as a force in Nigeria knows no party or tribe, the other day it was one "Kolawole" aiding a "Madueke" in concealing loots. Let's give a leader whose truly passionate about positive change a chance and stop the propaganda of 'one chance'

Like your gave such a passionate plea during the last administration

Now we should 'soft pedal' on the old APC dude,

Sure.. tongue tongue
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by justiz5(m): 6:15pm On Nov 01, 2015
HungerBAD:
President Muhammadu Buhari says he wants to be remembered as a Nigerian president who fought corruption to a standstill, calling on Nigerians, who are not involved in corruptly enriching themselves with public funds, not to be afraid.

During a press conference after the India-Africa Summit, which took place in New Delhi, President Buhari said he would not lose sleep over criticism that he was being selective in the fight against corruption.

“Slow And Steady”

He called on the elites to encourage him to get whoever had compromised his position and the trust given to him.

President Buhari told the gathering that he remained resolute in the fight against corruption and would want to be remembered for that when it is all said and done.

His administration has three main focus – security, economy and the fight against corruption.

But he has roundly been criticised by the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as being selective in the fight.

On the economy, critics of his administration said he was too slow in addressing economic and infrastructure in a country yearning for development, a criticism he had responded to saying: “They call me baba go slow, but I will go slow and steady”.

“Not About Meeting Deadline”

The President must be bothered that the National Assembly had been polarised following his choice of ministers.

While he was away, the PDP and the All Progressives Congress’ lawmakers were sharply divided over one of his ministerial nominees, Mr Chibuike Amaechi.

Following the confirmation of his ministerial nominees, President Buhari said he would prune down the number of ministries so as to be able to pay salaries.

On whether there will be an extension of a three-month deadline given by his administration to flush out Boko Haram from Nigeria’s north-east, the President said that the target was to get rid of terrorism and not about meeting deadline.

One of the main talking points at the one-day summit in New Delhi, was the provision India had make for African countries. The nation said it had set aside over $10 billion grant for African countries.

Wooing investors, President Buhari assured Indians and the international community of his administration’s commitment to sustaining efforts aimed at making Nigeria an envy of all.

He urged them to avail themselves of the conducive environment that would be created for investments to thrive.

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/10/31/i-want-to-be-remembered-for-fighting-corruption-to-a-standstill-buhari/

Seun,Lalasticlala
Baba we dey behind you. Please rush former Gov. Gabriel Torwua Suswam's probe. I wish he enjoys this Chrismas in jail.

If you know say HungerBad ehn! U no go quote me talk rubbish ooo

And less I 4get, Diezeni Madueke, Okonjo Iweala, Abba Morro, etc.

Eeeeeehhhhhhhnnnn

...........................................................................................
...........................................................................................

**Clears throat**

~Nyesom~Wike~

toogringrin
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by easzypeaszy(m): 6:16pm On Nov 01, 2015
Not possible..is in us..Hausa wl nt gv othr tribe job..igbo wl show sentiment..yoluba too tribalistic n wicked...abi yoruba boy ooo
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by Ramos16(m): 6:18pm On Nov 01, 2015
fight corruption to a stand still and also make the economy stand still with lack of economic policies/growth, i wondeq what kind of strategy that is

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by JaaizTech: 6:19pm On Nov 01, 2015
Lurcky:
Well that is completely achievable if you probe former heads of state like Obasanjo, IBB, Abubakar and former Governors like Tinubu, Fashola and Amaechi and stop witch hunting Jonathan.

Then Indeed u ve fought Corruption to a standstill, if what u re saying is not propaganda.
Very Funny, the same Tinubu, IBB, Abubakar that your Jonathan failed to probe!!!, GEJ had the opportunity to probe them but instead He chose to aid & abet them. The probe can only start from the last Govt i.e it can only start from GEJ backwards. When next PDP comes to power let them do their own selective probe! too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by HungerBAD: 6:20pm On Nov 01, 2015
JaaizTech:

Very Funny, the same Tinubu, IBB, Abubakar that your Jonathan failed to probe!!!, GEJ had the opportunity to probe them but instead He chose to aid & abet them. The probe can only start from the last Govt i.e it can only start from GEJ backwards. When next PDP comes to power let them do their own selective probe! too.

Bless you.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by Justindeco: 6:20pm On Nov 01, 2015
In 1983 Buhari used WAR AGAINST INDISCIPLING to fight igbo and his perceive enamies, in 2015 he used WAR AGAINST CORRUPTION to hunt opposition and biafrans.
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by arumay: 6:22pm On Nov 01, 2015
Amaechi's appointment puts a lie to your stated anti corruption gesture

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by Yeeyo: 6:24pm On Nov 01, 2015
Fightin coruptn suportin boko haram....

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by akigbemaru: 6:25pm On Nov 01, 2015
corruption crusader buhari.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by Moz22: 6:26pm On Nov 01, 2015
800k is all that is needed to save a life from dying..LIGHT needs your help financially and prayerfully. Nairalanders pls Click here" http:// www.nairaland.com/2517785/save-light-great- fighterPlease save Light
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by ajepako(f): 6:27pm On Nov 01, 2015
mike404:
JUST LIKE AN OBEDIENT SLAVE cool

Or like an abookii cow..
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by vikyno(m): 6:31pm On Nov 01, 2015
Keep dwelling in your fool paradise till you receive sense.

How many of those people were actually convicted for corruption? Or was that not the same yardstick the mumu senators used in confirming Amaechi?

Oloshi somebody commenting just for likes on NL without proper reasoning.

Mutuwa:

Except

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by Nobody: 6:31pm On Nov 01, 2015
Rather be remembered for following Jesus.
Buhari you are a last minute saint.
Come to Jesus. He is calling you today.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by wiseoneking: 6:32pm On Nov 01, 2015
Akwasi:
You bet he will. At his age, he will be a f00l to practice vice.

He is already a self made man and just needs the legacy as the man who helped clean Nigeria.

He just needs the support and encouragement
lol, dreamer.
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by flokii: 6:33pm On Nov 01, 2015
ride on baba...

I'm solidly behind you... 'remove corruption and every other thing will fall in place'..
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by ajepako(f): 6:33pm On Nov 01, 2015
justiz5:

Baba we dey behind you. Please rush former Gov. Gabriel Torwua Suswam's probe. I wish he enjoys this Chrismas in jail.

If you know say HungerBad ehn! U no go quote me talk rubbish ooo

And less I 4get, Diezeni Madueke, Okonjo Iweala, Abba Morro, etc.

Eeeeeehhhhhhhnnnn

**Clears throat**

~Nyesom~Wike~

toogringrin

Add Tinubu

Atiku

Obasanjo

Hell_ Rufai

Okoroawusa

Ngige

Lai Muhammed

Saraki

For a start..

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by wiseoneking: 6:38pm On Nov 01, 2015
Sibrah:
I appeal to all childish wailers that they give our President the chance to fight corruption as he has said. It will be hard to have another person come on board and give corruption a fight like Buhari would. Let's forget all the APC vs PDP rivalry and allow this man achieve his goal. Even though he had to come on the APC platform, I know we need to soft-pedal our critism of him.
I also want the Buhari admin to focus on building stronger institution that can resist the forces of corruption for a long time to come. He may go after individuals to make a point on the short run, but the institution he leaves behind can be compromised when he is gone.
All those shouting Tinubu and Ameache should know that corruption as a force in Nigeria knows no party or tribe, the other day it was one "Kolawole" aiding a "Madueke" in concealing loots. Let's give a leader whose truly passionate about positive change a chance and stop the propaganda of 'one chance'
another guy that still dreams. Wake up from your sleep, your change is now real, enjoy it in its economic recession why it lasts.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by Mutuwa(m): 6:39pm On Nov 01, 2015
vikyno:
Keep dwelling in your fool paradise till you receive sense.

How many of those people were actually convicted for corruption? Or was that not the same yardstick the mumu senators used in confirming Amaechi?

Oloshi somebody commenting just for likes on NL without proper reasoning.

The decision to bring you to this world was badly calculated. This is why I insult love children like you.If your father or grand father is amongst the listed.he is a thief.

Aside from your idiocy being irredeemably unfortunate, your stupiditty is a concentrated one.

Do you know the meaning of an"Except" ediot.
You are just simply frustrated, ediot wailer.
You must be really an unconscious forsaken kuntt.

I got the likes..so what? If ur pained due to your status frustrated life..go drown your self..

Besides mr president is ahead of poor u,your family,your community and any extension of urs.
Learn to live with it .

Donkey. .
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by kareemkamil(m): 6:40pm On Nov 01, 2015
Let Mr, President first forward the case of Suswan, Formal Benue State Governor, to EFCC. Let the Nigeria Government use that man as a scape Goat. I we be very very Glad if they can do that.
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by wokomabest(m): 6:40pm On Nov 01, 2015
orontogorah:
we could hav appreciate if dis is wit out bias and nepotism. quite unfortunate i dont trust u no more... u r obviously selective in the dispensation of justies.... we still insist u start ur anti corruption drive wit d likes of tinubu, el rufai, amaechi and most predominantly ur northern brothers witout any tendency of sentiment. only den u gain our collective support..... and we shall remember u..

you have spoken well my brother

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Supporters In The North Brand 30 Cars To Support Peter Obi / 10 Biggest Scandals That Rocked Nigeria In 2017 / "Why FG Can’t Seize My Assets In Nigeria, US, UK, Dubai"- Ekweremadu Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.