Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,671 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari (27262 Views)

‘Nigeria Moving Away From Corruption To Production’ – Rotimi Amaechi / Tunde Bakare: Tinubu Singlehandedly Fought PDP To A Standstill / I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by Nonybb: 5:48pm On Nov 01, 2015
Hypocrisy of a Northern Animal. Where is Amaechi today with you? Is he in Aso Chamber or in prison Mr Kwarruption pighter

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by eshietIntrepid(m): 5:48pm On Nov 01, 2015
That's a big lie mr president, you want to be remembered are the president who atempt to introduce a one party state in nigeria and failed.

If mean what u just said then probe ameachi, fashola and co now.

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by hardywaltz(m): 5:48pm On Nov 01, 2015
We
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by zumbigbo(m): 5:49pm On Nov 01, 2015
smoke and mirrors
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by holyfather(m): 5:50pm On Nov 01, 2015
don't just be selective about it.
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by vislabraye(m): 5:50pm On Nov 01, 2015
Sibrah:
I appeal to all childish wailers that they give our President the chance to fight corruption as he has said. It will be hard to have another person come on board and give corruption a fight like Buhari would. Let's forget all the APC vs PDP rivalry and allow this man achieve his goal. Even though he had to come on the APC platform, I know we need to soft-pedal our critism of him.
I also want the Buhari admin to focus on building stronger institution that can resist the forces of corruption for a long time to come. He may go after individuals to make a point on the short run, but the institution he leaves behind can be compromised when he is gone.
All those shouting Tinubu and Ameache should know that corruption as a force in Nigeria knows no party or tribe, the other day it was one "Kolawole" aiding a "Madueke" in concealing loots. Let's give a leader whose truly passionate about positive change a chance and stop the propaganda of 'one chance'

What we hear are rhetorics like this. If he fights corruption without fear or favour, Nigerians will support him.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by mike404(m): 5:51pm On Nov 01, 2015
eleko1:
Sai Baba Daura.We dey behind U like olumo rock.
JUST LIKE AN OBEDIENT SLAVE cool

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by Pascal181: 5:51pm On Nov 01, 2015
Tootless bulldog,fighting corruption on d pages of papers. By d way,how can u fight corruption wen u surround ursef wit Amaechi,lie muhammed etc

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by IYANGBALI: 5:51pm On Nov 01, 2015
I am hungry o cry
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by Smartresult(f): 5:52pm On Nov 01, 2015
nice
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by bewla(m): 5:53pm On Nov 01, 2015
ok but remind me if u win
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by Spidermon: 5:53pm On Nov 01, 2015
Baba, the only acceptable benchmark is that at the end of your tenure, even your friends should have been affected.

Right now, your anti corruption war is as one sided as a cutlass.

Ride on sir. We pray for you.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by kinibigdeal(m): 5:53pm On Nov 01, 2015
We know what you meant. You are simply saying "I want to be remember as the man that jailed all PDP members and sustained corrupt APC "Show us by pRobing Ameachi, Sylva, Kwankwasho, El-Rufai, Tinubu, Audu,Atiku etc then I will openly support knocking all corrupt PDP members down

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by ebengems(m): 5:53pm On Nov 01, 2015
if i hear....Fight Amechi and Tinubu, only then we would know that you mean business

As for now we are seeing you as nothing but Baba all mouth no action

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by gr8eminent(m): 5:54pm On Nov 01, 2015
Problem with you is that you are talking too much these days. shut up and work, we'll talk for you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by khalhokage(m): 5:54pm On Nov 01, 2015
Buhari, campaigns are over, stop talking, start walking, or even crawl sef we go manage .

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by chiedu7: 5:54pm On Nov 01, 2015
I beg B00HARI go siddon.

It was corruption that got you elected.

Amaechi used his states money to fund ur election.

Almarjaris were used to vote you in.

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by anonimi: 5:54pm On Nov 01, 2015
What a bloody joker this Sai Bubu is turning to be.
Maybe he thinks we are all ZOMBIES like his brainless followers to not see through his HYPOCRISY and perfected PRETENSE!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2837264_tmp9455fbimg14417792614671224457852_jpeg6dab6ee28b2554beeaa4f34b3a1f7675

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2827707_img20150905142543_jpegffcefa9483529d6999254d5bf1b3a54e

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by nkemjacob2(m): 5:55pm On Nov 01, 2015
start with your party APC

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by Coolbite(m): 5:55pm On Nov 01, 2015
Ok, we don hear yu. Come May 28, 2019 we go take roll call of those still standing. Mainwhile, carry go. We dey your back.
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by ajepako(f): 5:57pm On Nov 01, 2015
jerseyboy:
Start with Amaechi and Fashola

ADD OBJ, ATIKU ,TINUBU AND OKOROAWUSA grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by babajero(m): 5:58pm On Nov 01, 2015
By hounding opposition?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by condralbede(m): 5:58pm On Nov 01, 2015
Talk no do.....Why don't you start with Mohammed Rotimi Amaechi

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by Ilekeh(f): 5:59pm On Nov 01, 2015
You'll be more favoured if you reduce Fulani menace to a minimum.

Remember, in 2019, you'll be carrying your agbada all over the SW as if you no know wetin dey happen for Fulani side.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by slap1(m): 6:00pm On Nov 01, 2015
You have already shot yourself on the foot by appointing corrupt people. Say something else.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by Adedolapo1406(m): 6:00pm On Nov 01, 2015
story...getting tired of dis old man. I am regretting d support I gave U and I don't blame U Goodluck made one to believe U.
travelling around d world like bird

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by saintkel(m): 6:00pm On Nov 01, 2015
He will keep saying. APC and dia products r just known for talking, talk today, today 2mo, na talk we go chop?

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by afonja1stson(m): 6:01pm On Nov 01, 2015
HungerBAD:
President Muhammadu Buhari says he wants to be remembered as a Nigerian president who fought corruption to a standstill, calling on Nigerians, who are not involved in corruptly enriching themselves with public funds, not to be afraid.

During a press conference after the India-Africa Summit, which took place in New Delhi, President Buhari said he would not lose sleep over criticism that he was being selective in the fight against corruption.

“Slow And Steady”

He called on the elites to encourage him to get whoever had compromised his position and the trust given to him.

President Buhari told the gathering that he remained resolute in the fight against corruption and would want to be remembered for that when it is all said and done.

His administration has three main focus – security, economy and the fight against corruption.

But he has roundly been criticised by the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as being selective in the fight.

On the economy, critics of his administration said he was too slow in addressing economic and infrastructure in a country yearning for development, a criticism he had responded to saying: “They call me baba go slow, but I will go slow and steady”.

“Not About Meeting Deadline”

The President must be bothered that the National Assembly had been polarised following his choice of ministers.

While he was away, the PDP and the All Progressives Congress’ lawmakers were sharply divided over one of his ministerial nominees, Mr Chibuike Amaechi.

Following the confirmation of his ministerial nominees, President Buhari said he would prune down the number of ministries so as to be able to pay salaries.

On whether there will be an extension of a three-month deadline given by his administration to flush out Boko Haram from Nigeria’s north-east, the President said that the target was to get rid of terrorism and not about meeting deadline.

One of the main talking points at the one-day summit in New Delhi, was the provision India had make for African countries. The nation said it had set aside over $10 billion grant for African countries.

Wooing investors, President Buhari assured Indians and the international community of his administration’s commitment to sustaining efforts aimed at making Nigeria an envy of all.

He urged them to avail themselves of the conducive environment that would be created for investments to thrive.

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/10/31/i-want-to-be-remembered-for-fighting-corruption-to-a-standstill-buhari/

Seun,Lalasticlala

Wanna try something new? Click on this http://PayRefe.net/index.php?ref=263189
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by emmasege: 6:02pm On Nov 01, 2015
What's the problem with this man & anti-corruption? Where on earth has corruption been fought to a standstill? Not even in the developed world.
This old man needs an Economics teacher and he should please empower the relevant agencies for anticorruption fight while he faces governance for which he was elected.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by gurunlocker: 6:03pm On Nov 01, 2015
let us remember you for making Nigeria economy great and showing in the life of ordinary Nigeria. . .. not just this corruption song.

Fighting corruption doesn't stop you from making infrastructural development and boosting economy in which there is no sign for five months now and it wont happen till the end of this year. Stop wasting time blaming past administration, focus on your own tenure and let us remember you for greatness.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by sonnel: 6:03pm On Nov 01, 2015
Mutuwa:
smiley just do your best mr president.

Except

Fellow Nigerians, check the names & profiles of some of the senators who staged a walk-out because they hate corruption so badly and as such didn't want Ameachi as minister:-

But guess what...they now have this dark cloud of frustration and pain hovering around them,because he will now be a Minister of the FRN.

Shamefully, they include;

Saint Godswill Akpabio :- Presently facing corruption charges with EFCC as recent as last week.

Saint Joshua Dariye :- Was arrested for money laundering, removed from Office as Governor for 6 months & state of emergency declared in his state. Still facing corruption case with EFCC till date

Saint Theodore Orji :- Pending case with EFCC for allegedly squandered N474billion of Abia state money with his wife & son.

Saint Stella Oduah :- Bought 2 BMW N240billion. Was removed as minister. Still undergoing investigation with EFCC

Saint Jonah Jang :- Facing 20billion corruption charges with EFCC, case still in progress.

Saint Sam Egwu :- In 2007, a group, which calls itself the Coalition for Good Governance in Ebonyi State (COGGES) wrote petition to EFCC. In the petition, Sam Egu was described as the most corrupt Governor between 1999-2007. Case still pending in court.

Saint Enyinnaya Abaribe :- Impeached as deputy governor for corruption

Saint Buruji Kashamu - When I saw Kashamu among those walking out, I laughed almost slapped my Boss in the office. Kashamu staged a walk-out in protest against corruption. This must be illusory horror movie,I swear!!
u mentioned all this names without adding Fashola?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by Flets: 6:04pm On Nov 01, 2015
A man who rode into power on a very corrupt pedestal funded by looted funds at the expense of Nigerian masses has no moral shot at championing a fight against corruption.

A man who has shamelessly hounded political opposition and brazenly rewarded corrupt party men has no idea what anti corruption entails.

Only zombies will believe this govt understands what anti corruption means with the current list of ministers.

5 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Finally Prophet T.B Joshua Announce The Coming Of Biafra / Saudi Arabia Releases Ibrahim Abubakar, Another Nigerian Held For Drugs / APC Party Primaries Timetable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.