Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari (27261 Views)

‘Nigeria Moving Away From Corruption To Production’ – Rotimi Amaechi / Tunde Bakare: Tinubu Singlehandedly Fought PDP To A Standstill / I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by ZUBY77(m): 6:41pm On Nov 01, 2015
The way you are fighting Fashola and Amechi.
Bigot.

There is something called economy.
Even if you convict every corrupt leader in this country and the citizens end up in hunger, no one will remember anything except that you have not found your certificate.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by reuben79: 6:41pm On Nov 01, 2015
Buhari as vow"wailers association over to uuuuuuu

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by engrjacuzzi: 6:42pm On Nov 01, 2015
me I want to remember PMB for "making #1 equal $1" that's all.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by Descartes: 6:43pm On Nov 01, 2015
Mutuwa:
smiley just do your best mr president.

Except

Fellow Nigerians, check the names & profiles of some of the senators who staged a walk-out because they hate corruption so badly and as such didn't want Ameachi as minister:-

But guess what...they now have this dark cloud of frustration and pain hovering around them,because he will now be a Minister of the FRN.

Shamefully, they include;

Saint Godswill Akpabio :- Presently facing corruption charges with EFCC as recent as last week.

Saint Joshua Dariye :- Was arrested for money laundering, removed from Office as Governor for 6 months & state of emergency declared in his state. Still facing corruption case with EFCC till date

Saint Theodore Orji :- Pending case with EFCC for allegedly squandered N474billion of Abia state money with his wife & son.

Saint Stella Oduah :- Bought 2 BMW N240billion. Was removed as minister. Still undergoing investigation with EFCC

Saint Jonah Jang :- Facing 20billion corruption charges with EFCC, case still in progress.

Saint Sam Egwu :- In 2007, a group, which calls itself the Coalition for Good Governance in Ebonyi State (COGGES) wrote petition to EFCC. In the petition, Sam Egu was described as the most corrupt Governor between 1999-2007. Case still pending in court.

Saint Enyinnaya Abaribe :- Impeached as deputy governor for corruption

Saint Buruji Kashamu - When I saw Kashamu among those walking out, I laughed almost slapped my Boss in the office. Kashamu staged a walk-out in protest against corruption. This must be illusory horror movie,I swear!!

You mean...

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by coasta(m): 6:43pm On Nov 01, 2015
Buhari is a root of corruption himself. The one that has to heal others, should heal himself first. That guy called Buhari is an uncircumcised philistine.
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 01, 2015
You know he wont dare do so. As soon as he changed tune to probbing only his predecessor but leaving out the people you mentioned, that is when I checked the guy off the list. He talks too much and does nothing.
Lurcky:
Well that is completely achievable if you probe former heads of state like Obasanjo, IBB, Abubakar and former Governors like Tinubu, Fashola and Amaechi and stop witch hunting Jonathan.

Then Indeed u ve fought Corruption to a standstill, if what u re saying is not propaganda.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by Achimedis1(m): 6:44pm On Nov 01, 2015
1 point agenda sai baba what happened to his campaign promises

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by Valendo: 6:46pm On Nov 01, 2015
It is only an enemy of Nigeria that will not see the problem with buhari. Every day its corruption as if its the only challenges we are facing. Indeed the former president was right when he said the issue with corruption has to do with perception. We believe someone must go to jail for us to believe that anti corruption war is functioning. Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 01, 2015
How he intends to do so and when is more important than this folktale.
HungerBAD:
President Muhammadu Buhari says he wants to be remembered as a Nigerian president who fought corruption to a standstill, calling on Nigerians, who are not involved in corruptly enriching themselves with public funds, not to be afraid.

During a press conference after the India-Africa Summit, which took place in New Delhi, President Buhari said he would not lose sleep over criticism that he was being selective in the fight against corruption.

“Slow And Steady”

He called on the elites to encourage him to get whoever had compromised his position and the trust given to him.

President Buhari told the gathering that he remained resolute in the fight against corruption and would want to be remembered for that when it is all said and done.

His administration has three main focus – security, economy and the fight against corruption.

But he has roundly been criticised by the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as being selective in the fight.

On the economy, critics of his administration said he was too slow in addressing economic and infrastructure in a country yearning for development, a criticism he had responded to saying: “They call me baba go slow, but I will go slow and steady”.

“Not About Meeting Deadline”

The President must be bothered that the National Assembly had been polarised following his choice of ministers.

While he was away, the PDP and the All Progressives Congress’ lawmakers were sharply divided over one of his ministerial nominees, Mr Chibuike Amaechi.

Following the confirmation of his ministerial nominees, President Buhari said he would prune down the number of ministries so as to be able to pay salaries.

On whether there will be an extension of a three-month deadline given by his administration to flush out Boko Haram from Nigeria’s north-east, the President said that the target was to get rid of terrorism and not about meeting deadline.

One of the main talking points at the one-day summit in New Delhi, was the provision India had make for African countries. The nation said it had set aside over $10 billion grant for African countries.

Wooing investors, President Buhari assured Indians and the international community of his administration’s commitment to sustaining efforts aimed at making Nigeria an envy of all.

He urged them to avail themselves of the conducive environment that would be created for investments to thrive.

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/10/31/i-want-to-be-remembered-for-fighting-corruption-to-a-standstill-buhari/

Seun,Lalasticlala
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by sammyj: 6:49pm On Nov 01, 2015
Continue wailing while Ameachi becomes your minister of Niger Delta
sweatlana:
Yet u appointed ameachi and obj is your best friend these days undecided angry
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by vikyno(m): 6:51pm On Nov 01, 2015
Hahahaha... I see you are so much pained. Take it easy with yourself lest you die for nothing cos Buhari won't even spare any of his cow for your funeral.

#Proudly5% #CertifiedWailer.

Mutuwa:

The decision to bring you to this world was badly calculated. This is why I insult love children like you.If your father or grand father is amongst the listed.he is a thief.

Aside from your idiocy being irredeemably unfortunate, your stupiditty is a concentrated one.

Do you know the meaning of an"Except" ediot.
You are just simply frustrated, ediot wailer.
You must be really an unconscious forsaken kuntt.

I got the likes..so what? If ur pained due to your status frustrated life..go drown your self..

Besides mr president is ahead of poor u,your family,your community and any extension of urs.
Learn to live with it .

Donkey. .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by africanusvu(m): 6:52pm On Nov 01, 2015
Yes.with Amaechi.Tinubu.Atiku.?this guy is confused

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by Bigii(m): 6:54pm On Nov 01, 2015
Idiot!!! All u know is kwaraption

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by Mutuwa(m): 6:55pm On Nov 01, 2015
vikyno:

Hahahaha... I see you are so much pained. Take it easy with yourself lest you die for nothing cos Buhari won't even spare any of his cow for your funeral.

#Proudly5% #CertifiedWailer.

Hehehehe you are the pained inconsequential Ediott here.May ever wailer die in jaws of a hungry shark. grin that why no sane people attended funerals like yours. Mumu... grin

If brains were considered money, u would be a charity case.. tongue
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by tosyne2much(m): 6:56pm On Nov 01, 2015
Sibrah:
I appeal to all childish wailers that they give our President the chance to fight corruption as he has said. It will be hard to have another person come on board and give corruption a fight like Buhari would. Let's forget all the APC vs PDP rivalry and allow this man achieve his goal. Even though he had to come on the APC platform, I know we need to soft-pedal our critism of him.
I also want the Buhari admin to focus on building stronger institution that can resist the forces of corruption for a long time to come. He may go after individuals to make a point on the short run, but the institution he leaves behind can be compromised when he is gone.
All those shouting Tinubu and Ameache should know that corruption as a force in Nigeria knows no party or tribe, the other day it was one "Kolawole" aiding a "Madueke" in concealing loots. Let's give a leader whose truly passionate about positive change a chance and stop the propaganda of 'one chance'
This is wonderful

Abeg wetin u dey drink bros ?
cool
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 01, 2015
The only people of Nigeria that truly love that country are the NON-PARTISAN ONES!!!! You should call a spade a spade regardless of your party affiliation!!!! Buhari should fight corruption within his party also , it makes more sense! Anything besides that is hypocrisy!!! That been said, Nigeria would still benefit immensely from a skewed fight against corruption along part lines!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by justiz5(m): 7:04pm On Nov 01, 2015
ajepako:

Add Tinubu

Atiku

Obasanjo

Hell_ Rufai

Okoroawusa

Ngige

Lai Muhammed

Saraki

For a start..
I don make my list, you fit make your own na.
gringrin
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by ndcide(m): 7:06pm On Nov 01, 2015
PMB is deceiving himself and he knows it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by Sunbellar: 7:07pm On Nov 01, 2015
orontogorah:
we could hav appreciate if dis is wit out bias and nepotism. quite unfortunate i dont trust u no more... u r obviously selective in the dispensation of justies.... we still insist u start ur anti corruption drive wit d likes of tinubu, el rufai, amaechi and most predominantly ur northern brothers witout any tendency of sentiment. only den u gain our collective support..... and we shall remember u..

He is a bunch of biased northern fulani cattle rearer!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by ernesterioo(f): 7:09pm On Nov 01, 2015
Sure you will for mouth
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by omolami: 7:16pm On Nov 01, 2015
Buhari should stop deceiving himself. He is not fighting corruption but nurturing it Buhari may however be remembered for selective prosecution of perceived enemies., vendetta, lies,wickedness,deceitfulness, stubbornness, dullness,certificate less president,and too know.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 01, 2015
donphilopus:
Sir, even if it's only corruption you can fight, we're behind you. If corruption is reduced to the barest minimum, every other thing would be in place.

The wailingwailers are wailing as usual.

Will fightibg corruption create jobs for Nigerians
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by truthonmission: 7:18pm On Nov 01, 2015
Mutuwa:

Except

Fellow Nigerians, check the names & profiles of some of the senators who staged a walk-out because they hate corruption so badly and as such didn't want Ameachi as minister:-

But guess what...they now have this dark cloud of frustration and pain hovering around them,because he will now be a Minister of the FRN.

Saint Godswill Akpabio :- Presently facing corruption charges with EFCC as recent as last week.

Saint Joshua Dariye :- Was arrested for money laundering, removed from Office as Governor for 6 months & state of emergency declared in his state. Still facing corruption case with EFCC till date

Saint Theodore Orji :- Pending case with EFCC for allegedly squandered N474billion of Abia state money with his wife & son.

Saint Stella Oduah :- Bought 2 BMW N240billion. Was removed as minister. Still undergoing investigation with EFCC

Saint Jonah Jang :- Facing 20billion corruption charges with EFCC, case still in progress.

Saint Sam Egwu :- In 2007, a group, which calls itself the Coalition for Good Governance in Ebonyi State (COGGES) wrote petition to EFCC. In the petition, Sam Egu was described as the most corrupt Governor between 1999-2007. Case still pending in court.

Saint Buruji Kashamu - When I saw Kashamu among those walking out, I laughed almost slapped my Boss in the office. Kashamu staged a walk-out in protest against corruption. This must be illusory horror movie,I swear!!
. What about the change that was promised. Shame on all of you that nigerian with your socalled change.
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by NigerianDiamond(m): 7:19pm On Nov 01, 2015
orontogorah:
we could hav appreciate if dis is wit out bias and nepotism. quite unfortunate i dont trust u no more... u r obviously selective in the dispensation of justies.... we still insist u start ur anti corruption drive wit d likes of tinubu, el rufai, amaechi and most predominantly ur northern brothers witout any tendency of sentiment. only den u gain our collective support..... and we shall remember u..

And why must he start with tinubu, amaechi etc? Were they of the previous government? Was any of them member of the federal executive in the past administrations? Just say you don't like his personality, stop being myopic! I only want baba buhari to speed up the trials and convictions of the thieves and end the boko haram menace...
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by bruno47(m): 7:20pm On Nov 01, 2015
Baba should focus on building and fortifying the anti corruption institutions and not fighting it alone.Once he leaves people will go back to their evil ways.The institution will speak for him when he goes.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by k2kay(m): 7:22pm On Nov 01, 2015
dear mr president, all i remember u for now is late payment of salaries undecided

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by Goldencollins: 7:26pm On Nov 01, 2015
Mutuwa:

Except

u 4got to mention St Rotimi Amaechi
gerarahere

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by ademipeju(f): 7:27pm On Nov 01, 2015
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 01, 2015
The old man Wants To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill.
Hmmm.
And forgotten for grinding our economy to a halt.
By the way which corruption is he fighting?
Nigerians are extremely gullible.
Let me not say more....

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 01, 2015
@buhari,you are going after people who did a hate campaign against you,not fighting kwarufsion.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by dokunbam(m): 7:32pm On Nov 01, 2015
Gagaun gagaun gagaun
The sheriff talking
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by Franzinni: 7:32pm On Nov 01, 2015
Stand still doesn't not mean defeat, which means once you comot for fower the kwarupshun will resume..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

EndSARS Protests Banned In Abuja - FCT Security Committee / Count Me Out Of Your Political Bias - Mary Odili Replies Critics / Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.