Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,273 members, 7,829,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice (30785 Views)

Delta Couple Announce Their Divorce On Facebook (Photos) / The Son My Late Dad Had Out Of Wedlock Locked My Mum Out Of Our House, Pls Advis / 8 Signs A Marriage Won’t Last, According To Divorce Lawyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by freshvine(f): 1:34am On Nov 03, 2015
bellong:

Is there anything to contribute to her quest?

The opening sentence is a give away of a deep underlying problems between them "hubby has been acting funny of late".. Meaning, he wasn't like that prior to acting funny of late.

I do not encourage divorce as the first point of call in a marital crisis. Yes, she could be distraught at her finding but it doesn't give her the right to bring the case to a court of public opinion without letting the accused know his offence. In law, her case would be thrown out for not following due process. I could wager my pension that she can't win this case if she goes straight to divorce proceedings. The presiding judge will ask efforts they have made at resolution before arriving at divorce.

She needs to discuss with her husband. Her subsequent post shows that the husband is not totally irresponsible except for this new found hobby in drilling different artesian wells..

God bless you. Freecocoa come and see fact.
Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by freecocoa(f): 1:42am On Nov 03, 2015
freshvine:

Next time choose your fight.

You want to devour me because I sounded logical rather than being sentimental.

Let her approach the court.

The marriage must be 2 years before she approaches the court.

The learn jurist will give her another two years to work on the marriage.

Then another 6 months to sort the marriage before divorce can be entertained because

1. No witness.
2. No concrete evidence.

Unless the husband Plead guilty and enter plea bargain.
Lol, wait so in your mind o, You actually defeated me in a fight? We were actually fighting? Aren't you funny.

Madam married woman please leave me alone, a happily married woman like you, has no business with a single frustrated old cargo like myself, logic don suffer sha.

3 Likes

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by KanwuliaJara: 1:45am On Nov 03, 2015
SAMBARRY:
i don't even know what to say anymore sef.lol

Abeg, this Family section do quench tey tey!
After 8 years here, NOTHING new to discuss abeg.
I nor get time to waste! My TV is more useful e jor. cool

I just dey show face to make sure I outlive all my dead h-enemies daz all! grin

Abi you be shareholder for NL PLC? cry
Pele o!
Shop don close!
Go find onoda work before I see you for road dey beg for chop money all ova Ogun State o!

Muchechecheche

1 Like

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by freecocoa(f): 1:48am On Nov 03, 2015
freshvine:

God bless you. Freecocoa come and see fact.
Come what is your problem? Why are you disturbing my moniker's peace? Move on already, It's not by force please.

1 Like

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by phoenixcleans(m): 2:02am On Nov 03, 2015
I FELT LIKE CRYING WHEN I READ YOUR POST BUT DON'T YOU THINK DIVORCE IS NOT THE ANSWER. WHATEVER YOU RELIGION IS CONCENTRATE AND DEVOTE YOUR TIME TOWARDS BUILDING THAT HOME WITH PRAYERS AND FASTING AND YOU WILL LAUGH AT THE END.
Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by pickabeau1: 5:47am On Nov 03, 2015
Timbuktou:

Only Nigerian were on Ashley Madison. Where's Pickabu1, our AM correspondent to "shade" more light on this dynamic?

Yelz

It was found out that 70 percent of the accounts were accounts of naija guys while the remainder (30%) were alternate accounts of the same people

Choi...... grin grin
Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by EfemenaXY: 6:04am On Nov 03, 2015
SAMBARRY:
In cases like this take a deep breadth, go to the spa for a massage then sit down and weigh your options honestly. Every decision you make whether you divorce him or not.

Do you have enough money because divorce cases isn't cheap
Does his family know about his exploits In town

I don't even know what to say o Jare.

Kanwuliajara
cococandy
efemena

Come put mouth. I'm out

I'm busy jor.

Do you believe everything you read on here?
Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by SAMBARRY: 6:18am On Nov 03, 2015
EfemenaXY:

I'm busy jor.

Do you believe everything you read on here?
true. Too many superstories grin

Good morning Jarre grin
Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by SAMBARRY: 6:23am On Nov 03, 2015
grin

I reject it in Jesus name. That won't be my portion .however I agree no has lost it's glory. Nothing worthwhile again. It's just filled with annoying tales and fabricated stories.

Abeg I'm off to go and loose my hair jare smiley
KanwuliaJara:

Pele o!
Shop don close!
Go find onoda work before I see you for road dey beg for chop money all ova Ogun State o!

Muchechecheche
Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by pickabeau1: 6:30am On Nov 03, 2015
raumdeuter:

Lol dont you know that already? its probably just attention seeking or just to gather a pity party and an avenue to get people to insult the man, Nigerian men or Nigeria in general

Thats why I have shown her/them that its not peculiar to nigeria

Imagine someone coming to ask where to get a divorce lawyer. its almost like coming on NL to ask where can I get cold Lacasera or Ewa agonyin

Wetin dem dey use charge and bail do for naija? Go Ikeja under bridge before you walk 50meters you would see 500 Lawyers asking you "You get case?"

On this section alone hardly any week passes without seeing some funny divorce case from mostly illiterates in divorce court yet an educated woman is askign where to get Lawyer?

Maybe she should write the Senate to ask through Saraki at the next senate session
grin grin grin

Saraki screening
Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by Nobody: 7:27am On Nov 03, 2015
No one is faithful in marriages these days especially men. We got pigs everywhere .

1 Like

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by KanwuliaJara: 7:45am On Nov 03, 2015
SAMBARRY:
grin

I reject it in Jesus name. That won't be my portion .however I agree no has lost it's glory. Nothing worthwhile again. It's just filled with annoying tales and fabricated stories.

Abeg I'm off to go and loose my hair jare smiley

No originality.
No creativity.

I choose the threads I want to post on.
Many are "Mtcheeeeeeeeeew" threads!
Annoying is an understatement! angry
Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by Onegai(f): 7:47am On Nov 03, 2015
daretodiffer:

It happened in the divorce case of Dr Tunde Soleye and his exwife( after his marriage to Nike Oshinowo). I don't know much about the ratio of the courtcheesy

That was an epic case! Book of Angry Women Chapter 11, verse 23 and I quote: "Thou shalt not fvck with Nike Oshinowo, particularly after thine has played away match with younger women and she knew precisely what you were and smiled like a hungry shark"

grin

There are some women in this Nigeria that when they smile at a man, his people should save his life by kidnapping and smuggling him out of the country before she comes over to introduce herself. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by queenfav(f): 7:48am On Nov 03, 2015
freecocoa:
PIts not about these threads per se, it's more about the fact that you men seem to always find a way to make light of cheating by men and that's just not right, plus it's kinda annoying/insulting.angry

How do you know it's just threats? She could really be needing genuine advice on how to go about it.

Ofcourse she must have heard of infidelity in marriages but that doesn't mean one should expect that from their spouse, especially if the persons involved never made their intentions to cheat known, or are there no longer honest people on planet earth? It's not about shockwaves being sent to your system, it's about realizing that infidelity is a huge deal and treating it as such, not mocking a woman who finds herself in such a situation, where's your empathy? undecided
Infidelity is one of the "for worse" scenarios every married person should prepare for.That's why nobody should have high expectations of their spouse.Its easier hoping for the best and also being prepared for the worst if it happens.

1 Like

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by queenfav(f): 7:58am On Nov 03, 2015
coogar:

oh puuhleeease!
what are we supposed to do? go into the mourning mode for something copied & pasted from hints magazine?

and she has no family member or a bosom friend she can confide in?

when she said "i do", she ought to have surrendered to whatever consequences the union throws at her. it's part & parcel of the whole deal. no one ever said marriage is easy. cheesy

then it begs the question.....
why marry at all if infidelity is such a huge deal to you? cheesy
GBam!my thoughts exactly...Many people think marriage is all about the cute photos they see on bella naija.Wheras its more than that.Our mothers had to endure a lot to keep their home together.Any man can screw up,the next step should be how to fix it,not opt for divorce.People who feel marriage is "until he/she pisses me off" ,should just stay single.Or else you would end up marrying 5 men or more,and having to leave once he messes up.Except its a case of domestic violence,I don't see any situation that can't be fixed in an amicable way.
Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by cococandy(f): 8:04am On Nov 03, 2015
This is a disgusting thread to say the least. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by queenfav(f): 8:10am On Nov 03, 2015
bellong:

Is there anything to contribute to her quest?

The opening sentence is a give away of a deep underlying problems between them "hubby has been acting funny of late".. Meaning, he wasn't like that prior to acting funny of late.

I do not encourage divorce as the first point of call in a marital crisis. Yes, she could be distraught at her finding but it doesn't give her the right to bring the case to a court of public opinion without letting the accused know his offence. In law, her case would be thrown out for not following due process. I could wager my pension that she can't win this case if she goes straight to divorce proceedings. The presiding judge will ask efforts they have made at resolution before arriving at divorce.

She needs to discuss with her husband. Her subsequent post shows that the husband is not totally irresponsible except for this new found hobby in drilling different artesian wells..

God bless you for seeing things from a clear point.Besides,one of the documents to accompany a petition for dissolution of marriage is a certificate of reconciliation,signed by her lawyer detailing steps taken so far to reconcile and the outcome.If she doesn't seek mediation or other means to attempt reconciliation,the petition cannot be heard in court sef.She is right to feel angry,disapointed and all,but divorce is a big deal and shouldn't be the first solution to problems in marriage.
Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by Pidggin(f): 8:14am On Nov 03, 2015
freshvine:

I regret quoting a frustrated single lady who doesn't know what it feels to be married and stay married.

Smh for a single lady asking a married woman to divorce and join her in the nairaland single club.

Madam, you wicked o! E for sweet me to beat you wella, anyway i just came to read and run, take care, am off this thread.

1 Like

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by Kimoni: 8:23am On Nov 03, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Pele o!
Shop don close!

Muchechecheche

shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin

Only you, Kanwulia can still be on NL for this reason oo. You are just too funny
Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 03, 2015
Thanks for all d advices n insults, I deserve em all.

N:B: not everything u read on here is superstory, just cause it hasn't happened to u doesn't mean it can't.
Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by Kimoni: 8:35am On Nov 03, 2015
freshvine:

Let her approach the court.

The marriage must be 2 years before she approaches the court.

The learn jurist will give her another two years to work on the marriage.

Then another 6 months to sort the marriage before divorce can be entertained because

1. No witness.
2. No concrete evidence.

Unless the husband Plead guilty and enter plea bargain.

@OP, if you are for real, pls take note of above.

You think you are unmoved by all you have seen but I dare to differ from the actions you wish to take. You are only sucking up the hurt/annoyance and it'saffecting your thinking ability.

So pls, act normal. Grieve over what happened if you have to, no shame in that cuz you loved him once and probably still do. Don't try and act tough or be a superwoman. You have nothing to prove to anyone. Then clear you head and think deep about the decisions that's really best for you having put a lot into consideration.

Like everyone has advised, before anything else, you need to have that convo with him.

@coogar, Tim, Raumtedeur - you guys were just having fun on this thread anyhow sad sad God is watching you in 3D o (though I must confess I had a good laugh sha)

2 Likes

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by coogar: 8:55am On Nov 03, 2015
Kimoni:

@coogar, Tim, Raumtedeur - you guys were just having fun on this thread anyhow sad sad God is watching you in 3D o (though I must confess I had a good laugh sha)

skimoni my role model, how are you? grin
Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by Kimoni: 8:58am On Nov 03, 2015
coogar:

skimoni my role model, how are you? grin

grin grin grin you don give me new name baa

You let Tim and Raumtedeur change your direction on this thread sad

They are bad friends angry grin cheesy
Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by coogar: 9:00am On Nov 03, 2015
Kimoni:

grin grin grin you don give me new name baa

skimoni sounds nicer to the ears.

You let Tim and Raumtedeur change your direction on this thread sad

They are bad friends angry grin cheesy

i tried to convince them to let the OP consult family elders/church elders to deliberate on the matter but timbuktou/raumdeuter had a superior argument. cheesy
Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by Kimoni: 9:07am On Nov 03, 2015
coogar:

skimoni sounds nicer to the ears.

grin grin if only seun will allow change of moniker

tried to convince them to let the OP consult family elders/church elders to deliberate on the matter but timbuktou/raumdeuter had a superior argument. cheesy

Tim is a misogynist tongue raumdeuter is on a divorce mission grin grin grin

You are in neither category naa (can freecocoa and bodashee say amen!)
Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 03, 2015
Kimoni:

Tim is a misogynist tongue

I plead guilty, your lordship. We can't all be saints. And yes, Skimoni sounds much better.
Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by dinachi(m): 9:25am On Nov 03, 2015
freecocoa:
Do you even consider the fact that the OP is distraught? You talk like she's supposed to be cool finding out such.
A distraught person runs to God or close people to her to find succour, not come to nairaland to threaten divorce over unfounded allegations. That lady needs to grow up! I can smeel her foolishness from here.
Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by dinachi(m): 9:28am On Nov 03, 2015
queenfav:
GBam!my thoughts exactly...Many people think marriage is all about the cute photos they see on bella naija.Wheras its more than that.Our mothers had to endure a lot to keep their home together.Any man can screw up,the next step should be how to fix it,not opt for divorce.People who feel marriage is "until he/she pisses me off" ,should just stay single.Or else you would end up marrying 5 men or more,and having to leave once he messes up.Except its a case of domestic violence,I don't see any situation that can't be fixed in an amicable way.
And women never screws up, abi? I just hate hypocrisy. And women are the biggest perpetrators of domestic violence. Every single day, you hear of women killing their husbands. Men are endangered species!

1 Like

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by Nobody: 9:30am On Nov 03, 2015
pickabeau1:

Yelz

It was found out that 70 percent of the accounts were accounts of naija guys while the remainder (30%) were alternate accounts of the same people

Choi...... grin grin

*dies* Sir, could you still "shade" more light on this topic? Ashley Madison isn't/wasn't a Naija firm na. How come Nigerians dominated it? And what, exactly did the alternate accounts hope to achieve, wasn't the place discreet enough?
Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by KanwuliaJara: 9:30am On Nov 03, 2015
Kimoni:

shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin

Only you, Kanwulia can still be on NL for this reason oo. You are just too funny

Muchechecheche
Abeg help me sing:

"To Copy This Tune, Press WAN! You have what it takes to be BETA"! grin
Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by Nobody: 9:33am On Nov 03, 2015
Onegai:

That was an epic case! Book of Angry Women Chapter 11, verse 23 and I quote: "Thou shalt not fvck with Nike Oshinowo, particularly after thine has played away match with younger women and she knew precisely what you were and smiled like a hungry shark"

grin

There are some women in this Nigeria that when they smile at a man, his people should save his life by kidnapping and simuggling him out of the country before she comes over to introduce herself. grin grin

Lolz.
Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by pickabeau1: 9:35am On Nov 03, 2015
Timbuktou:

*dies* Sir, could you still "shade" more light on this topic? Ashley Madison isn't/wasn't a Naija firm na. How come Nigerians dominated it? And what, exactly did the alternate accounts hope to achieve, wasn't the place discreet enough?

Are u not aware on NL, Naija men are the only nationality that cheats?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Lady Rocks Her Bare Baby Bump, Poses With Shirts & Shoes For Her Unborn Child / Taiye Feyisayo Adedeji Triplets 1st Birthday. Welcomed After 6 Years Of Marriage / Funny Ways Kids Pronounce Our Names.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.