Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,898 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An (30303 Views)

HID Awolowo's Corpse And Casket (Photos) / How They Buried HID Awolowo (photos) / Funeral Service: Casket HID Awolowo Was Laid In (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by ifeoluwasegun(m): 12:41pm On Nov 02, 2015
Pls change that Okenne to Ikenne
Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by einsteino(m): 12:41pm On Nov 02, 2015
death can't be bribed to let go of its captives, not even with gold.
Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by thundafire: 12:43pm On Nov 02, 2015
avenue 2 steal more money go ahead pple
Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 02, 2015
They will steal the gold coffin
Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by OgeniBravo: 12:48pm On Nov 02, 2015
Alhamdulilahi for being a Muslim
Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by Bambless1(m): 12:49pm On Nov 02, 2015
ELTON123:
HIV awolowo don die make una no de waste money anyhow.cry
grin You are a mad man grin
Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by osazeeblue01: 12:51pm On Nov 02, 2015
They want to waste money again. Why gold? Will that take her to heaven? Some people around them have no food to eat , even clothes to wear. May God help us.
Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by ELTON123(m): 12:51pm On Nov 02, 2015
Bambless1:
grin You are a mad man grin
na so grin
Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by NovusHomo(m): 12:55pm On Nov 02, 2015
NaijNewsToday:
Wife of Late sage, Obafemi Awolowo, Mrs H.I.D Awolowo who died on September nineteenth, will be covered on November 25th in a white damask fabric she purchased and kept for this reason 36 years back. Her little girl, Reverend (Mrs) Tola Oyediran, uncovered this, saying

she said

Oyediran additionally uncovered that Mama will be covered in a gold coffin which will be acquired from the United States of America. She will be covered adjacent to her spouse inside the Awolowo catacomb in the family compound Okenne, Ogun state.

SOURCE: http://www.thenews.ng/2015/11/02/hid-awolowo-to-be-buried-in-a-gold-casket-and-a-white-damask-cloth-she-bought-and-kept-36-years-ago/

So, someone moved Ikenne to Okenne in Ebiraland? In Kogi State? We no go gree! grin
Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by xreal: 12:56pm On Nov 02, 2015
NaijNewsToday:
Wife of Late sage, Obafemi Awolowo, Mrs H.I.D Awolowo who died on September nineteenth, will be covered on November 25th in a white damask fabric she purchased and kept for this reason 36 years back. Her little girl, Reverend (Mrs) Tola Oyediran, uncovered this, saying

she said

Oyediran additionally uncovered that Mama will be covered in a gold coffin which will be acquired from the United States of America. She will be covered adjacent to her spouse inside the Awolowo catacomb in the family compound in Okenne, Ogun state.

SOURCE: http://www.thenews.ng/2015/11/02/hid-awolowo-to-be-buried-in-a-gold-casket-and-a-white-damask-cloth-she-bought-and-kept-36-years-ago/

pls allow this mama to be happy wherever she is with her husband, na small remain make una talk say their family compound is in Kogi State.
Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by DukeNija(m): 1:01pm On Nov 02, 2015
Sage ko, HIV ni
Mcheeeeeeeeeeeewwwwww
Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by morbeta(m): 1:04pm On Nov 02, 2015
Why burying her in a golden casket, why she is lying cold in a public mortuary or is the fridge gold too, and is she going to be covered by gold dust? Well golden casket begot golden termites.
Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by possibilita(m): 1:19pm On Nov 02, 2015
K whr dem wan bury her put ma go dig am confirm weda d gold na original.
Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by billynoni(m): 1:22pm On Nov 02, 2015
Watch it OP it is not ''Okenne'',''Ikenne'' is d right spelling..........no spoil ma town name i take God beg u
Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by Franzinni: 1:26pm On Nov 02, 2015
Is it real gold? If yes then pls tell me the location of the cemetery... I just want to know for educational purposes only grin

Torch light .... Check!
Shovel..... Check!
Air freshner....check!
All black everything ...... Check!
Google map...... Check!
Volvo station wagon .... Check!
Police bribe money .....check!
Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 02, 2015
Gold coffin

Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by georgylee: 1:39pm On Nov 02, 2015
And so it will require day and night security watch to keep it safe in the grave........... GeorgyLee
Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by DipoDee: 1:41pm On Nov 02, 2015
The true 'GoldDiggers' will find her tomb, this I am sure of.
If only we realize that the dead knows no wealth.
Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by simpleseyi: 1:55pm On Nov 02, 2015
Chinaimporter:
May her soul rest in peace.
Gold or no gold.....the dead is already dead and o amount of luxury can change anything.
Awolowo was a great man but just could not rise above tribal and religious sentiments.
I dont even have a problem with him for supporting the biafran war and starving the igbos after being imprisoned by the hausa/fulanis and akintola and being released from prison by ojukwu. My major problem with his is why did he make the abandoned property act after igbos have been defeated?
Why did he make the 20 pounds policy?
Why did he disenfranchise the yoruba muslims?
Anytime i think about him,all i see is a tribalist.
Of all our founding fathers he did most harm to our integration than anybody

Senseless statements like yours are one of the reasons why Awolowo, Obasanjo, TY Danjuma and Gowon use about 3 million Ibos for suya and pepper soup, they (Awolowo and co) also used your mothers, sisters, daughters, cousins and nieces as sex slaves. Now, because you are a product of molestation by several Nigerian Soldiers but you were forced on a Biafran farmer, you now reason like a rables infested dog.

1 Like

Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by KingAspas(m): 1:56pm On Nov 02, 2015
dear OP please it is IKENNE not okenne the whole public should please take note.>>>>
proudly an indigine. wink wink
Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by Kennykenty(m): 2:19pm On Nov 02, 2015
confamgist237:
Gold??

Na whaoo xtian too dey waste money..

That is why i love my religion..

Even as abacha and others get money rich.. Na ordinary mat dem take burial dem..

This is waste of money now..

Why Gold casket..

Vanity upon vanity...

that is to tell you they will become tenant there. and it's a sign of who God chosen and who is animal like at the end
Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by dwesternmall: 2:41pm On Nov 02, 2015
Westernmall Nigeria Ltd is hiring.

Westernmall Nigeria Ltd is an online store looking to take over the Nigerian market and offer customers better options in terms of shopping.

We are presently recruting field sales representatives (Genies)... The Starting pay is 40k and attracts handsome commissions for more sales(more details later)
Our office is at Alausa shopping mall, Obafemi Awolowo way, ikeja. Lagos.
Thus you must be Lagos based to work with us as you will report to the office on a daily/weekly basis.

interested candidates should send their CV's to Careers@westernmall.co.uk
and make the Subject of the email: GENIE!!!

or

http://www.westernmall.co.uk/Home/Careers

More details will be provided to you via email
Tell a friend.

Regards
Westernmall
Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by hafsat001(f): 3:00pm On Nov 02, 2015
Okay
Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by hafsat001(f): 3:01pm On Nov 02, 2015
Okay rip
Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by megamank(m): 3:27pm On Nov 02, 2015
why the GOLD COFFIN? this is waste na? why do we take all the areas of waste form the white mans culture during burials ? if for anything this is why i like the Muslim burials......no much activities attached.....just wrap am with white clothes then put am enter ground no matter who you are.......that money for GOLD CASKET can feed 1,000 people in her village.....POOR PEOPLE NOR DE FOR THEIR VILLAGE?
Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by danibobo: 4:43pm On Nov 02, 2015
shadrach77:
I wonder what her initials would have been if her third na[/color]me was Victoria instead of Dideolu cheesy
. Who is this guy lol. Just come ou clear and say HIV[color=#000099]

1 Like

Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by Obiwiz(m): 4:49pm On Nov 02, 2015
Genocide! Go answer before ur Creator
Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by Certifiedboss: 6:32pm On Nov 02, 2015
NaijNewsToday:

she said

Oyediran additionally uncovered that Mama will be covered in a gold coffin which will be acquired from the United States of America. She will be covered adjacent to her spouse inside the Awolowo catacomb in the family compound in Okenne, Ogun state.

What a trash . we Nigerians we created our own suffering . what happened to a normal casket
Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by benjobo: 7:03pm On Nov 02, 2015
na talk b this one...if you na like make you na burial her wit diamond casket na you na sabi..radarada
Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by alarmblo: 7:09pm On Nov 02, 2015
VANITY upon VANITY, what a shame
Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by pacespot(m): 11:27pm On Nov 02, 2015
They want people to rubbish their dead mama right, let them bury her with the Gold. In no time, one hustler will go there and exhume the Termite Food, drop her back naked, and begin smiling to the bank few months later

I don't know why they want to waste the precious metal over the dead. Yes, she owned it when she was alive but now it belongs to the planet earth
Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by daveP(m): 11:43pm On Nov 02, 2015
Hmm

okay

The best way to be remembered is by hearts, not the materials. They would fade and memory would still go a long way.

Reminds me of a story my mum said happened when she was a kid.

The mother of 6 died and the family were very rich back then. They placed all kinds of jewellries (name them; from diamonds to cowries) in her coffin. Three of the deceased's sons were abroad studying. Based on the oyinbo man's mentality of paying homage months, years after burial, they decided they would come to do so.

41days later, they came. They were directed to her stone. Lo, the saw a rotten corpse....... Robbers has come to do what they are best know for and left her corpse in the open. Shocked to the marrow and weeping uncontrollably, they ordered to redress her, and cover her in the ground and put the memorial stone back.

Such is life.

Nnamani's name will be remembered for one thing

Gowon has one thing we will remember him for when he departs. So also many others. Some know they cant be remembered so its best they brag and drag while alive.

I'l remember HID for standing firm beside her husband, the late Obafemi (despite some of my reservations on some deeds, etc)

The flamboyance isnt neccesary though.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How I Was Betrayed At Pdp’s National Convention In Port Harcourt —sheriff / Photos Of Osinbajo, Lai Mohammed, Amaechi & El-Rufai At Kaduna Airport / Borgu Leaders Meet Buhari, Demand State Creation (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.