Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) (35862 Views)

Work Commences On Federal Roads In Imo -as Minister Of Works Visits Okorocha / Exploration Of Oil Begins In North East Nigeria (Photos) / Federal Roads: FG Begs States To Take Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) by Lilimax(f): 1:11pm On Nov 02, 2015
Are we saying the we've been scammed by the past administrationembarassed

However, it look as if the soil type in the south East cannot with stand the type
of granite or whatever they use in road construction.
I may not be an expert in this field but most roads in the South east is an eye saw.

Why cant they explore the option of using interlocking stones.... embarassed
Re: Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) by coldsummer: 1:11pm On Nov 02, 2015
ok
Re: Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) by modath(f): 1:11pm On Nov 02, 2015
Cc firefire .. I believe this PMB /APC's fault as well. smiley
Re: Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) by focus7: 1:11pm On Nov 02, 2015
A man should be satisfied with the inheritance from a father. The south does not deserve any better, I don't know why they are complaining since the death trap is what they inherited from their hero and son Azikwue Ebele Jonathan, they should be satisfied and live with the roads they have.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) by anonimi: 1:13pm On Nov 02, 2015
AfroKnight:
Jonathan made empty promises. He is a hero.

The Agbaya of Owu was president for eight years he did NOTHING on the Lagos-Ibadan express road that nearly killed him recently. It was Jonathan who started the rehabilitaion that Buhari is said to now want to stop.

Promhize:
My journey cut shut by about 30minutes from the usual.

Massive reconstruction is still on going.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2161358_img20150226175513_jpeg2423aeba0f7cbff812cb86b8208c5305

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2161359_img20150226175539_jpegbc6a00ae4b27371d506d49406d0e541a

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2161387_img20150226175642_jpegf8db9fac0971f776c3703d5b2fc38ab6

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2161834_img20150223163722_jpeg10f5a86e8c134c1599016d3e62c4d09b

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) by youngibe(m): 1:13pm On Nov 02, 2015
I will seriosly suggest that they should stop walking around the roads and start working on them; am begining to get fade up with all this their hulla baloo and political shananigans. On another note; abeg wetin dey happen to fuel na? I think say dem tell us say we get fuell yafu yafu. See christmas for corner oo.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) by Franzinni: 1:17pm On Nov 02, 2015
How many kilometers did they drive before they ran back? I jus hope they have a concrete plan becasuse these men have come to like photos more than fashion models.
Re: Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) by 2rutalk1: 1:17pm On Nov 02, 2015
If you use Federal Roads in the East, you will know their agitation for secession is justified. Igbos are totally neglected in this country. 95% of the Federal Roads in the South East are not motorable. Just an hour journey on any of the roads can make you sick.

3 Likes

Re: Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) by scholes0(m): 1:18pm On Nov 02, 2015
Lilimax:
Are we saying the we've been scammed by the past administrationembarassed

However, it look as if the soil type in the south East cannot with stand the type
of granite or whatever they use in road construction.
I may not be an expert in this field but most roads in the South east is an eye saw.

Why cant they explore the option of using interlocking stone.... embarassed

South Eastern soils are naturally unstable clay.
at this point, I don't even know what the FG can do, because it looks like they would need to start building reinforced concrete foundations for roads in that area

1 Like

Re: Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) by Kaybee14(m): 1:18pm On Nov 02, 2015
Better. They just have to live up to their social responsibilities by contributing their own quota to the welfare of the citizens rather than pursuing their own personal interest.

God bless Nigeria.

CHECK/CLICK ON MY SIGNATURE BELOW.
Re: Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) by anonimi: 1:20pm On Nov 02, 2015
youngibe:
I will seriosly suggest that they should stop walking around the roads and start working on them; am begining to get fade up with all this their hulla baloo and political shananigans. On another note; abeg wetin dey happen to fuel na? I think say dem tell us say we get fuell yafu yafu. See christmas for corner oo.

E be like sey im FAKE body language nor reach that level oh.
Despite saying he does not know what fuel subsidy is the Dullard from Daura continues to pay yet fuel is more costly and scarce in the face of REDUCED international price.
We don enter one chance, chai!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2589504_subsidy2_jpeg57ea79bc1f8758353f00f8db1d53dbf1

skyface00:
Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Drops To N1.07 Billion

The Federal Government’s daily spending on petrol subsidy may dropped from the N2.4 billion it recorded in June to N1.07 billion as at Monday this week.

Specifically, the country’s daily subsidy per litre of fuel has decreased from the N51.61per litre it recorded on June 11 to N22.42 per litre.

The Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA), which made this disclosure on Monday in its pricing template , put the expected open market price of the product at N109.42.

Based on daily petrol consumption of 48 million litres, the total subsidy cost on the product as of September 7, would amount to N1.07 billion at N22.42 per litre.

The landing cost of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS), otherwise known as petrol, has also dropped from N123.12 per litre to N93.93, while the Expected Open Market Price declined fromN138.61 per litre N109.42.

Subsidy refers to the money paid by the government, to keep prices below what they will otherwise be in a free market system.

Nigeria, which relies on importation for most of its fuel needs as the country’s refineries are in a poor state, has seen a drop in importation of refined petroleum products in recent months, leading to acute scarcity of the products across the country.

Nigeria export all its crude oil produced and has not been earning much since the decline in prices.

The global benchmark Brent crude lost almost half of its value since June last year, plunging below $40 per barrel.

September West Texas Intermediate (WTI) crude oil futures fell by 2.23 per cent and were trading at $44.15 per barrel on Monday, in the electronic session in NYMEX.

Prices fell due to oversupply concerns and economic growth concerns across Europe and China.

Chinese crude oil imports fell by 13 per cent in August 2015, compared to August 2014—to 26.59 million tons.

The slowing Chinese demand for crude oil in the oversupplied market will continue to fuel pessimistic sentiments in the crude oil market.

The landing cost of petrol was put at N75.15 per litre on January 23, with a subsidy of N3.64 per litre, almost a week after the Federal Government reduced the pump price of the product by N10 per litre.

Meanwhile, PPPRA confirmed to The Guardian yesterday that it has approve supplementary import allocations for at least 300,000 tonnes of petrol for the remainder of the third quarter.

The allocations, which enable the companies that hold them to import fuel under the country’s subsidy regime, are in addition to the 1.5 million tonnes issued for the third quarter earlier this year to at least 37 importers.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/09/nigerias-daily-fuel-subsidy-drops-to-n1-07-billion/
Re: Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) by scholes0(m): 1:20pm On Nov 02, 2015
2rutalk1:
If you use Federal Roads in the East, you will know their agitation for secession is justified. Igbos are totally neglected in this country. 95% of the Federal Roads in the South East are not motorable. Just an hour journey on any of the roads can make you sick.

Ironically, I was on another thread 2 days ago, where an Igbo man was boasting that roads in the South-East are the best in the country.
So which one should we believe?

The actual truth is that roads all over Nigeria are grossly neglected. The difference being that the SE roads are more naturally prone to weathering action .

1 Like

Re: Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) by Dontbeused: 1:21pm On Nov 02, 2015
efilefun:
Yet people from that part of the country were still hell bent on voting in same party who never cared for 16years, What's the achievement of PDP in SE for 16years that made people from that region want that dilapidated party to continue misleading the nation.
Pls sir...were is TAN? wat were dey telling Nigerians den? tank God 4 heaven sake dat we wer not hell bent to such cluelessness

1 Like

Re: Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) by mosclement: 1:21pm On Nov 02, 2015
Just an action of show only
Re: Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 02, 2015
And people from that side, are busy insulting PMB and his government. Bunch of Id*iots
Re: Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) by Firefire(m): 1:22pm On Nov 02, 2015
modath:

Cc firefire .. I believe this PMB /APC's fault as well. smiley

I blame the criminal PDP successive government across the country.

Looters and criminals parading themselves as leaders in Nigeria. angry

5 Likes

Re: Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) by anonimi: 1:22pm On Nov 02, 2015
2rutalk1:

What do you think of the post below

ckenneths:
Massive reconstruction work is right now going at Enugu - Port Harcourt express road, look at the pictures and judge for yourself if the quality is okay. I saw both Setraco crew and Arab contractors on duty in different portions of the road. More pictures here...

http://amazingviewpoints..com/2015/03/enugu-port-harcourt-express-road.html?m=1

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2195108_20150309141722_jpega0c00a3dbbdff041fd377ac5310e2bf6

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2195051_20150309135236_jpegbff76955622d97ee164f7e2723bf66d4

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2195077_20150309140605_jpeg5b7783461681d9f094c483d4e623b122
Re: Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) by mascot87(m): 1:25pm On Nov 02, 2015
simplycarro:
GEJ the Messiah of Igbos failed them, just like all successive governments, but Igbos still love him than Ojukwu.

You mean that Igbo kwenu eh love Jonathan more than Ojukwu
You mean for igbos, Jonathan is greater than Ojukwu
Na u talk am o, i no dey here when ibos will start throwing stones for your head.

1 Like

Re: Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) by simplycarro: 1:27pm On Nov 02, 2015
mascot87:

You mean that Igbo kwenu eh love Jonathan more than Ojukwu
You mean for igbos, Jonathan is greater than Ojukwu
Na u talk am o, i no dey here when ibos will start throwing stones for your head.

I crack their heads with coconut here. cheesy grin
Yes, he is greater than Ojukwu, they gave him almost 95% of their votes in the last election, while they could not even vote Ojukwu as a Senator, not to talk of President, (they voted Obasanjo in his place)

1 Like

Re: Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) by anonimi: 1:28pm On Nov 02, 2015
efilefun:
Yet people from that part of the country were still hell bent on voting in same party who never cared for 16years, What's the achievement of PDP in SE for 16years that made people from that region want that dilapidated party to continue misleading the nation.

What was the achievement of Obasanjo in the South west for eight years that he was president yet he was voted in for a second term in 2003 and helped those who won in 2007, 2011 and 2015?
Please what did he achieve in the south west?
What?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) by tinsel: 1:30pm On Nov 02, 2015
Keneking:
Where is Peter Obi...he needs to explain Enugu - Onitsha expressway failed contract angry
Blame we igbos. We gave everything to Jonathan and got only hatred from other tribes.
Re: Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) by aku626(m): 1:32pm On Nov 02, 2015
Waste of time they could have gotten this pictures in their mail and be more productive.
Re: Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) by modath(f): 1:32pm On Nov 02, 2015
Firefire:

I blame the criminal PDP successive government across the country.

Looters and criminals parading themselves as leaders in Nigeria. angry

Who hacked my bros account oo? Helleepp! cheesy
Re: Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) by basilo101: 1:33pm On Nov 02, 2015
scholes0:

Ironically, I was on another thread 2 days ago, where an Igbo man was boasting that roads in the South-East are the best in the country.
So which one should we believe?

The actual truth is that roads all over Nigeria are grossly neglected. The difference being that the SE roads are more naturally prone to weathering action .
We are talking abt federal roads here my frnd! I hv been around d con3, Anambra is one of d best in statewide road interconectivity. Note: i'm frm anambra
Re: Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) by adeoba2008(m): 1:33pm On Nov 02, 2015
Kudos to them.
Re: Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) by simplycarro: 1:34pm On Nov 02, 2015
anonimi:

What was the achievement of Obasanjo in the South west for eight years that he was president yet he was voted in for a second term in 2003 and helped those who won in 2007, 2011 and 2015?
Please what did he achieve in the south west?
What?

Will you keep quiet!!!! ****(in Mama Piss voice)
We are discussing SE roads here.
Open another thread for OBJ roads in SW.

Why do you love trolling around here and introducing irrelevance to every discussions with silly pictures and colors?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) by anonimi: 1:34pm On Nov 02, 2015
Re: Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) by anonimi: 1:36pm On Nov 02, 2015
simplycarro:
Will you keep quiet!!!! ****(in Mama Piss voice)
We are discussing SE roads here.
Open another thread for OBJ roads in SW.

Why do you love trolling around here and introducing irrelevance to every discussions with silly pictures and colors?

In case you missed it, I responded to the post below:

efilefun:

Any more questions from you
Re: Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) by Yeske2(m): 1:39pm On Nov 02, 2015
tinsel:

Blame we igbos. We gave everything to Jonathan and got only hatred from other tribes.
Nothing like hatred from others, our people foolishly gave all to Jonathan forgetting that politics is a game of interest and not of emotion.
Thank God most are catching up fast now

2 Likes

Re: Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) by simplycarro: 1:39pm On Nov 02, 2015
anonimi:

In case you missed it, I responded to the post below:

Any more questions from you

We know Jonathan feeds you, but stop assailing our sights with useless pictures that have no bearing to the topic under discussion.
Re: Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) by ilyas26(m): 1:40pm On Nov 02, 2015
I thought PDP constructed those roads. Flat headed fools will come and be praising PDP for doing practically nothing

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

DSS Arrests Bello Bodejo, Miyetti Allah President For Setting Up Vigilante Group / Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors / Campaign Posters Of Reverend King Flood The Streets Ahead Of 2019 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.