Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Federal Roads: FG Begs States To Take Over - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Roads: FG Begs States To Take Over (19624 Views)

Work Commences On Federal Roads In Imo -as Minister Of Works Visits Okorocha / Governors Want FG To Hand Over Federal Roads To States / FG Begs Oil Firms Not To Sack Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal Roads: FG Begs States To Take Over by Timbi: 4:27am On Jul 21, 2016
The Federal Executive Council (FEC) has appealed to states to take over the repairs and maintenance of federal roads in order to reduce the burden on the Federal Government.

The council made the appeal Tuesday during a two-hour meeting presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari.

It said states that could afford to take over federal highways should do so as quickly as possible so that the roads do not go into "total deterioration."

Briefing State House correspondents later, Women Affairs Minister Aisha Alhassan said the FEC l approved a memo presented by the Minister of Power, Works, Housing and Urban Development, Babatunde Fashola, for the re-designation of two roads in Kaduna State from being federal roads to state roads as requested by Governor Nasir e-Rufai.

Alhassan said e-Rufai had sent a request to President Buhari to re-designate the Nnamdi Azikwe and the Ahmadu Bello Expressways in Kaduna as state roads so that the state government would "have the power, without any inhibition, to work on the roads to make them better for Kaduna indegenes."

The minister noted that the council was very pleased with e-Rufai's request "because ordinarily, other state governors should have requested for permission to repair and be reimbursed.

"But he (e-Rufai) asked for outright handing over to the Kaduna State government so that they can take care of it as their own, and asked the (federal) government to complete the eastern by-pass ‎which is outside Kaduna linking the North-central to North-western Nigeria. That was also approved by the council because it is a welcome idea.

"The council also appealed to other state governments that can afford to take over federal roads to lessen the burden on federal government, to enable them repair and maintain roads as quickly as possible so that they don't go into total deterioration," the minister said.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/fg-begs-states-to-take-over-federal-roads/156150.html

4 Likes

Re: Federal Roads: FG Begs States To Take Over by STARGREEN(m): 4:33am On Jul 21, 2016
Sorry... has it gotten to this stage? God bless GOODLUCK JONATHAN.

200 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Federal Roads: FG Begs States To Take Over by Nobody: 4:34am On Jul 21, 2016
This is long overdue, I think a bill should be forwarded to the National Assembly in this regard, if a state is rich enough to construct and/or maintain a federal road, why should it be stop in the name of one exclusive law? Some death traps federal roads, particularly in the opposition controlled states, could have been rehabilitated since but the unhealthy rivalries between the centre and states delayed such motives.

At least, the common man will benefit at last.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Federal Roads: FG Begs States To Take Over by Nobody: 4:38am On Jul 21, 2016
But the FG can take over the resources of the States.

152 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Federal Roads: FG Begs States To Take Over by Nobody: 4:39am On Jul 21, 2016
STARGREEN:

Stop being childish, I know you just wanted to get likes and shares from your ilks.

Right from OBJ's tenure, Lagos and other states have constructed and maintained roads belonging to the FG only to be reimbursed later. This isn't about PMB or GEJ, it's about you and I.

Get over the election loss, GEJ is over it.

119 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Federal Roads: FG Begs States To Take Over by Pheals(f): 4:41am On Jul 21, 2016
shocked and buhari will be asking them were they get the money ? Abi the federal dey poor lipsrsealed who is giving to the state then undecided

25 Likes

Re: Federal Roads: FG Begs States To Take Over by SamMilla1(m): 4:56am On Jul 21, 2016
While federal government do what?

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Federal Roads: FG Begs States To Take Over by PigMeat: 5:06am On Jul 21, 2016
Bolustic:

Stop being childish, I know you just wanted to get likes and shares from your ilks.

Right from OBJ's tenure, Lagos and other states have constructed and maintained roads belonging to the FG only to be reimbursed later. This isn't about PMB or GEJ, it's about you and I.

Get over the election loss, GEJ is over it.
did u see obj coming out to beg helplessly like the "deaf one?"

157 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Federal Roads: FG Begs States To Take Over by oduastates: 5:16am On Jul 21, 2016
Hand over all western region properties and powers back.
You can share the oil and leave us out of the mess.

Lagos -ibadan is in need of 4 extra lanes, - high speed rail and multiple toll gates to raise needed revenues.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Federal Roads: FG Begs States To Take Over by Nobody: 5:22am On Jul 21, 2016
The states should rather take over the entire Federal Government- R.E.T.A.R.D.S

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Federal Roads: FG Begs States To Take Over by Nobody: 5:25am On Jul 21, 2016
SamMilla1:
While federal government do what?

WHILE THEY CONTINUE DISHING OUT PROPAGANDA'S & THE ALMIGHTY BLAME GAMES

89 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Federal Roads: FG Begs States To Take Over by Candyrain(m): 5:27am On Jul 21, 2016
angels09:
But the FG can take over the resources of the States.

I tire ooo.

How about reducing the burden on FG by reducing the power it wields and transfering it to States?

U want States to take over ur responsibility but not to be in charge of the resources in their States. Chaiii

98 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Federal Roads: FG Begs States To Take Over by Nobody: 5:28am On Jul 21, 2016
Akpabio did wonders with federal roads in akwa ibom

if only the foolish former abia governor had allowed him to do that road linking abia with ikot ekpene undecided

aka- nung udoe
uyo - itu
ikot ekpene to uyo
eket to etinan

etc

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Federal Roads: FG Begs States To Take Over by Mynd44: 5:32am On Jul 21, 2016
oduastates:
The federal government need to hands off Aebokuta expressway and Lagos Ibadan expressway.

I will love to see a fast train from Ibadan to Lagos (mainland then the light rail to the island while BRT to ither areas) passing through Ogun state. If it will take people 45 or 30 minutes non stop to get to Lagos from Ibadan, people will move out and reduce the population of Lagos and the hugh cost of housing.

Even without the train, a joint venture between these three states to build and toll that road would have seen it completed more than a decade ago. The FG has too much in their hands, they should hands off some things.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Federal Roads: FG Begs States To Take Over by Nobody: 5:35am On Jul 21, 2016
I think government should allow citizens develop the roads too. If people are given chance, it will reduce the suffering lingering on these roads.... As many people will develop thier streets and likes

DrabeeyWasHere

4 Likes

Re: Federal Roads: FG Begs States To Take Over by Nobody: 5:36am On Jul 21, 2016
Mynd44:

To decongest lagos too has its own effects.

For example, if Lagos is decongested to a bearest minimum, what happens to the houses built for living all around the mainland?
What happens to the swift income of those 'face me i slap' houses. I wont live in one if i can easily move to Ibadan everyday... Where i can pay 100,000 for a flat instead of 150,000 for a room apartment at Ikeja.

Also, we need to see the aftermath effects of markets... Well truth be told, people can easily just come get goods in Lagos and go back... What same product is brought to ypur doorstep at Ibadan at the same price, if not lesser? Hmmnn...

Let's think about it.

DrabeeyWasHere

2 Likes

Re: Federal Roads: FG Begs States To Take Over by Nobody: 5:45am On Jul 21, 2016
Oh lord... has it gotten to this height?...

""Now I believe that there are fire on the mountain

Nigerians which way now?

""runs into the inner room,"" search es for my passport ~~~,,,,,where is my luggage,."" i don't want to be a victim of this collapse even my dog must not stay behind

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Roads: FG Begs States To Take Over by Nobody: 5:56am On Jul 21, 2016
Drabeey:

To decongest lagos too has its own effects
as in
Re: Federal Roads: FG Begs States To Take Over by oduastates: 5:58am On Jul 21, 2016
Mynd44:

The federal government need to hands off Aebokuta expressway and Lagos Ibadan expressway.

I will love to see a fast train from Ibadan to Lagos (mainland then the light rail to the island while BRT to ither areas) passing through Ogun state. If it will take people 45 or 30 minutes non stop to get to Lagos from Ibadan, people will move out and reduce the population of Lagos and the hugh cost of housing.

Even without the train, a joint venture between these three states to build and toll that road would have seen it completed more than a decade ago. The FG has too much in their hands, they should hands off some things.

My position as an oodua nationalist is based on proper analysis of what the future holds for the homeland in that forsaken country.
You only need to look at how a country that was put in good fiscal position by a semi- literate military recruit
( Obasanjo) was destroyed by a so - called PHD holder who wouldn't have qualified for the position of manager of LAWMA.
How a nincompoop like that can get to the top is only possible in a dysfunctional country like Nigeria.
That country also gave us fayose who left to omoluabis, would have been rotting in prison a long time ago.
When you look at the demographic time bomb,the coming impact of climate change, tolerance for extreme corruption, Islamic extremism,unrestricted one-way migration and all the criminality being exported into yorubaland, the time is nigh to get out of that country.

10 Likes

Re: Federal Roads: FG Begs States To Take Over by Pavarottii(m): 6:29am On Jul 21, 2016
Bolustic:
This is long overdue, I think a bill should be forwarded to the National Assembly in this regard, if a state is rich enough to construct and/or maintain a federal road, why should it be stop in the name of one exclusive law? Some death traps federal roads, particularly in the opposition controlled states, could have been rehabilitated since but the unhealthy rivalries between the centre and states delayed such motives.

How rich can a state be, wen d FG is in control of the state reesources. Let d states manage their resources and den dey develop alll roads. Wats FG that has the highest allocation doing with the money it's making?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Federal Roads: FG Begs States To Take Over by proeast(m): 6:30am On Jul 21, 2016
What a very clueless and useless government. The same states that dont even have money to pay a back-log of salaries are the ones the minister of darkness is asking to come and take-over federal roads! !diots in high places!!!

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Federal Roads: FG Begs States To Take Over by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:02am On Jul 21, 2016
grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Federal Roads: FG Begs States To Take Over by mazichika: 7:12am On Jul 21, 2016
oduastates:
so you now believe there is mess?

You are waking from zombiesm.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Federal Roads: FG Begs States To Take Over by Evidence1000(m): 7:16am On Jul 21, 2016
proeast:
What a very clueless and useless government. The same states that dont even have money to pay a back-log of salaries are the ones the minister of darkness is asking to come and take-over federal roads! !diots in high places!!!
You've just said my mind.

3 Likes

Re: Federal Roads: FG Begs States To Take Over by seunny4lif(m): 7:22am On Jul 21, 2016
grin grin
After the govs completes all the projects
Make Baba come use EFCC dey chase them abi shocked shocked
Una do well
EFCC dey town

5 Likes

Re: Federal Roads: FG Begs States To Take Over by ConqueredWest: 7:25am On Jul 21, 2016
This is the useless government AFONJAS were disturbing the peace of Nigeria. Threatening to drown some people in the lagoon grin

11 Likes

Re: Federal Roads: FG Begs States To Take Over by SuperS1Panther: 7:26am On Jul 21, 2016
oduastates:

My position as an oodua nationalist is based on proper analysis of what the future holds for the homeland in that forsaken country.
You only need to look at how a country that was put in good fiscal position by a semi- literate military recruit
( Obasanjo) was destroyed by a so - called PHD holder who wouldn't have qualified for the position of manager of LAWMA.
How a nincompoop like that can get to the top is only possible in a dysfunctional country like Nigeria.
That country also gave us fayose who left to omoluabis, would have been rotting in prison a long time ago.
When you look at the demographic time bomb,the coming impact of climate change, tolerance for extreme corruption, Islamic extremism,unrestricted one-way migration and all the criminality being exported into yorubaland, the time is nigh to get out of that country.

The relatives of Benjamin Netanyahu from Uganda will come for your head for describing their Hero as an incompetent Ineffectual Buffon.

I love the way things are going. Sooner or later, we will all be forced to make compromise. There will be no secession to suit the north, but there will be regional autonomy to appease the south.

They are all coming back to our proposition for the past 25years.

With the Regional Autonomy we will take our destiny into our hands and whosoever wants to be doing Haram to Books in his region is free, whosoever that wants to be brandishing weapons all over his region in.the name of "we are militants" will also be free, while we can lock down our region for progress and development at our own pace-- whether jet or snail pace.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Roads: FG Begs States To Take Over by aljharem(m): 7:34am On Jul 21, 2016
This government is confused. What is the job of the federal government ?

3 Likes

Re: Federal Roads: FG Begs States To Take Over by funlord(m): 7:36am On Jul 21, 2016
undecided
STARGREEN:

A post like this can only be as a result of a deadly mixture of "cheap shekpe, spoilt crack and deep rooted bitterness" early in the morning!

Its a welcome development child! Get well soon!

5 Likes

Re: Federal Roads: FG Begs States To Take Over by Ballmer: 7:37am On Jul 21, 2016
Bolustic:

Please stop commenting as if you are mentally deranged. How do you justify the federal government that covert almost 90% of the revenue accruing to the nation yet can not maintain roads it's predecessor built and maintained. Why are some of you APC supporters so blind to reasoning because Buhari is the president. Please learn to draw the line for God sake people. because we desire a beta Nigeria or the ouster og Jonathan does not mea we should be blind to the glaring failures of Buhari.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Federal Roads: FG Begs States To Take Over by Pidggin(f): 7:39am On Jul 21, 2016
grin Una neva see anything yet

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Roads: FG Begs States To Take Over by speed99: 7:49am On Jul 21, 2016
oduastates:

and you and your cohorts gave us non ssce holding - tough probing one whose punishment is non ability to see in the day. Isn't it strange intelligent people like you behave like this?

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boko Haram Members Are Relocating To Kogi State- Gov Bello / PDP Asks DSS To Probe Pantami, Seeks Minister’s Sack / Buhari At The Inauguration Ceremony Of Idriss In Chad (pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.