Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,697 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Effects Of Divorce On A Woman..Men Take Note - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Effects Of Divorce On A Woman..Men Take Note (5902 Views)

Delta Couple Announce Their Divorce On Facebook (Photos) / The Effects Of High Cost Of Marriage In Nigeria / The Results And Bitter Truths Of Divorce On Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Effects Of Divorce On A Woman..Men Take Note by Tofax: 1:25pm On Nov 02, 2015
1. She will no more be respected by friends and family.
2. She will become less valuable
3. She will become more depressed and regretful
4. She will lose focus of her future
5. She will be mocked by friends and those guys who once asked her out.
6. She will feel dejected, abused and used.
7. If she lose the will of starting over again, she may end up killing herself.
8. If she already gave birth to your children, she will automatically become the father and mother.
9. She may be forced to do what she wouldn't even dream of.
10. She will never fall in love with another man like she did with you.
11. She wont trust any man again.
12. She will become a disgrace to her family, a shame to her father.
13. Some women will end up with terrible sickness due to sadness.
14. She will lose faith in LOVE
15. The knowledge will be passed on to her daughter "TRUST NO MAN"
so to all men who has been having challenges in their marriages..before you ask for a divorce..
A..Talk to her
B..give her time
C..if it doesn't work out consult her family
D..if it doesn't work out then consult God..
note all these depends on the nature of the problem on ground.

3 Likes

Re: Effects Of Divorce On A Woman..Men Take Note by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 02, 2015
Very touchy... Make me to remember the song....
#MYwomanMYeverything

2 Likes

Re: Effects Of Divorce On A Woman..Men Take Note by ajasbaba(m): 1:38pm On Nov 02, 2015
its true divorce is a very last and bad option to end a marriage.
Re: Effects Of Divorce On A Woman..Men Take Note by cococandy(f): 2:46pm On Nov 02, 2015
What's the effect on men?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Effects Of Divorce On A Woman..Men Take Note by colp2015: 3:03pm On Nov 02, 2015
Apart from adultery and attempted murder, there is no reason strong enough for divorce.

Marriage is God's idea. Get Him involved before you choose your partner.

I pray for people with marital crisis that God would step in and mend your relationship; IJN, Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Effects Of Divorce On A Woman..Men Take Note by pbs4real(m): 3:19pm On Nov 02, 2015
cococandy:
What's the effect on men?
no effect tongue
Re: Effects Of Divorce On A Woman..Men Take Note by MusingsOfALady: 3:54pm On Nov 02, 2015
Tofax:
8. If she already gave birth to your children, she will automatically become the father and mother.
so to all men who has been having challenges in their marriages..before you ask for a divorce..
A..Talk to her
B..give her time

I only agree with nos 8, 10, 11 and maybe 15. The rest to me is hogwash or she lives within a primitive setting (village- i.e thatch-roofed, firewood cooking kind of village).

No 2 is the worst, is the poster saying a woman's value is tied to her marital status? So single women have less value than married ones?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Effects Of Divorce On A Woman..Men Take Note by coogar: 7:42pm On Nov 02, 2015
MusingsOfALady:

I only agree with nos 8, 10, 11 and maybe 15. The rest to me is hogwash or she lives within a primitive setting (village- i.e thatch-roofed, firewood cooking kind of village).

you must be very naive to agree with 10 & 11. what has divorce gotta do with never trusting or falling in love again? what made you think she trusted or loved the guy she married in the first place?

the entire write up is a heap of applesauce as it presumes men mostly initiate divorce. truth is around 80% of all divorces are initiated by women & some of them did it to make serious money from their mumu husbands.

12 Likes

Re: Effects Of Divorce On A Woman..Men Take Note by Dyt(f): 9:52pm On Nov 02, 2015
RUBBISH!!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Effects Of Divorce On A Woman..Men Take Note by MusingsOfALady: 10:03pm On Nov 02, 2015
coogar:

you must be very naive to agree with 10 & 11. what has divorce gotta do with never trusting or falling in love again? what made you think she trusted or loved the guy she married in the first place?

the entire write up is a heap of applesauce as it presumes men mostly initiate divorce. truth is around 80% of all divorces are initiated by women & some of them did it to make serious money from their mumu husbands.

10 & 11 does happen a lot, that doesn't mean it happens all the time but it's prevalent in Nigeria.

Also in Nigeria most of the time, it's men who initiate divorce. There is almost no law supporting alimony in Nigeria so most women walk away with nothing, sometimes not even child support.

3 Likes

Re: Effects Of Divorce On A Woman..Men Take Note by coogar: 10:36pm On Nov 02, 2015
MusingsOfALady:

10 & 11 does happen a lot, that doesn't mean it happens all the time but it's prevalent in Nigeria.

oh please....
so because a woman left one man means she will never love/trust another man again? are you kidding me?

Also in Nigeria most of the time, it's men who initiate divorce. There is almost no law supporting alimony in Nigeria so most women walk away with nothing, sometimes not even child support.

i will like you to furnish me with the stats.

2 Likes

Re: Effects Of Divorce On A Woman..Men Take Note by MusingsOfALady: 10:51pm On Nov 02, 2015
coogar:

oh please....
so because a woman left one man means she will never love/trust another man again? are you kidding me?

Definitely, some won't.

i will like you to furnish me with the stats.
grin grin I got no stats, you have to take my word for it grin
Re: Effects Of Divorce On A Woman..Men Take Note by coogar: 11:01pm On Nov 02, 2015
MusingsOfALady:

grin grin I got no stats, you have to take my word for it grin

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Divorce On A Woman..Men Take Note by raumdeuter: 11:09pm On Nov 02, 2015
Women would be the better for it when they divorce

I support all women who want to divorce and run from the shackles of Naija men forever
Re: Effects Of Divorce On A Woman..Men Take Note by MusingsOfALady: 11:14pm On Nov 02, 2015
coogar:

Nice. You got stats to counter? Lay it on me.
Re: Effects Of Divorce On A Woman..Men Take Note by chigoizie7(m): 12:59am On Nov 03, 2015
Tofax:
A..Talk to her
B..give her time

And what if she is the one that wants the divorce? What if she s the actual cause of the divorce? What if she is making the life of the man a living hell?

Why is this one sided? Please include the effects of divorce on men, aint we gender equal no more?

3 Likes

Re: Effects Of Divorce On A Woman..Men Take Note by KanwuliaJara: 2:52am On Nov 03, 2015
It affects men more!
They DIE LONELY AND MISERABLY.

OP! Abeg, come brush ya teeth with this wan!
You are living in a fantasy world.

Getting ready to SHIP one half-dead Naija dude to Nigeria from the US here.

Married 3 times. All EX-wives AND CHILDREN still living! Dumped in a HOSPICE nursing-home with flies crawling all over his mouth and asssss! cry
The doctors and nurses have been asking for ANYONE to come and claim him. ALL HIS CHILDREN REFUSED!!!See this man! HANDSOME bobo! His own SHAKARA ehn? E nor get OMEGA!!!!
Heavy smoker and DRINKER! Womanizing nko? shocked
His SONS from his first marriage to AKATA dun wanno even smell his living body, not to mention his corpse. They call him "PHOCKING, STINKING AFRICAN"! cry

The asked him on his dying bed : "where were you when my mother was SUFFERING to feed us? You are on your own BRO!" cry

His daughter from a second wife is still in college. Her mother is not interested in looking in his direction.

A third wife is in Nigeria with a 3 Year Old of QUESTIONABLE PATERNITY! shocked

Na so dis man PHOCK around soteeeey, use women dey do yeye!

Now, his siblings are flying from Nigeria to bundle him from his hospice bed BACK to Nigeria before he dies in the US.

We all know it is WAAAAAY more expensive to ship a dead body across STATE lines, not to mention INTERCONTINENTAL waters!

MEN!!!! Make una dey keep una BLOKOS for one place!!!!

You can NEVER find any WOMAN abandoned like this! ONLY A NIGERIAN MAN!!!! cry

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Effects Of Divorce On A Woman..Men Take Note by KanwuliaJara: 3:23am On Nov 03, 2015
How a NIGERIAN DIVORCED woman dies! cool
With DIGNITY! cool
Na NAIJA man dey die like FAWU! grin

The reason many NIGERIAN men rush to get remarried.
A divorced NIGERIAN woman does not have to get married to another "FOOL"! cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Effects Of Divorce On A Woman..Men Take Note by Miami11: 4:28am On Nov 03, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
How a NIGERIAN DIVORCED woman dies! cool
With DIGNITY! cool
Na NAIJA man dey die like FAWU! grin

The reason many NIGERIAN rush to get remarried.
A divorced NIGERIAN woman does not have to get married to another "FOOL"! cheesy

You have hit the nail in the coffin, complete truth, keep educating this men, they think women cease to exist after divorce, even the Nigerian man educated and exposed shares this deranged mentality, let them dream on, this is 21 st century

One can only laugh at the gutter rubbish posted here

6 Likes

Re: Effects Of Divorce On A Woman..Men Take Note by EfemenaXY: 5:33am On Nov 03, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
It affects men more!
Married 3 times. All EX-wives AND CHILDREN still living! Dumped in a HOSPICE nursing-home with flies crawling all over his mouth and asssss! cry
The doctors and nurses have been asking for ANYONE to come and claim him. ALL HIS CHILDREN REFUSED!!!See this man! HANDSOME bobo! His own SHAKARA ehn? E nor get OMEGA!!!!
His SONS from his first marriage to AKATA dun wanno even smell his living body, not to mention his corpse. They call him "PHOCKING, STINKING AFRICAN"! cry
They asked him on his dying bed : "where were you when my mother was SUFFERING to feed us? You are on your own BRO!"
cry
His daughter from a second wife is still in college. Her mother is not interested in looking in his direction.
Now, his siblings are flying from Nigeria to bundle him from his hospice bed BACK to Nigeria before he dies in the US.
We all know it is WAAAAAY more expensive to ship a dead body across STATE lines, not to mention INTERCONTINENTAL waters!

shocked shocked shocked

Damn!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

This is why I lurrrrvvee you like kilodey. Always keeping it REAL. kiss kiss kiss

@op: a.k.a Tofax - come and respond to Kanwuliajara's post. Prove her wrong rather than spewing the one-sided crap you posted.

Unless of course, your post reflects your life's experience??

Mtcheew.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Effects Of Divorce On A Woman..Men Take Note by RoyalRoy(m): 6:04am On Nov 03, 2015
Tofax:
A..Talk to her
B..give her time

All your points can be subjective.

It depends on what ground the divorce was granted.

To say women won't love men anymore after marriage is a hogwash.

Love is not restricted.

2 Likes

Re: Effects Of Divorce On A Woman..Men Take Note by Kimoni: 8:48am On Nov 03, 2015
Junk!

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Divorce On A Woman..Men Take Note by nathaniel007(m): 9:30am On Nov 03, 2015
heap of trash

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Divorce On A Woman..Men Take Note by donogaga(m): 5:22pm On Nov 03, 2015
I’ve heard many people consider the possibility of ending their marriage. They look at divorce as a solution to their marital woes, a viable answer to their pain and frustration.

Ultimately, however, it creates only different problems.

Divorce shouldn't be encouraged!!!

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Divorce On A Woman..Men Take Note by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 26, 2018
Hmm.
Re: Effects Of Divorce On A Woman..Men Take Note by carammel(f): 6:27pm On Sep 26, 2018
Hogwash,many divorced women fare better than divorced men,reason men rush to remarry,they can never stand on their own.

2 Likes

Re: Effects Of Divorce On A Woman..Men Take Note by ImaIma1(f): 7:21pm On Sep 26, 2018
I only agree with number 8. The others have not existed since the 90s.

These days people will even advise a lady to walk away from a marriage especially a violent one and she will still get love and support.

And generally, people are not as close minded as before.

3 Likes

Re: Effects Of Divorce On A Woman..Men Take Note by GoodFaith: 7:55pm On Sep 26, 2018
KanwuliaJara:
It affects men more!

The asked him on his dying bed : "where were you when my mother was SUFFERING to feed us? You are on your own BRO!" cry

The reason you make your money number one
two help your kids
support your kids to the best of your ability
supporting your kids doesn't mean they will look out for you
"
"MEN!!!! Make una dey keep una BLOKOS for one place!!!!" any person can end up like that man pray and have your money
Re: Effects Of Divorce On A Woman..Men Take Note by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 26, 2018
ImaIma1:
I only agree with number 8. The others have not existed since the 90s.

These days people will even advise a lady to walk away from a marriage especially a violent one and she will still get love and support.

And generally, people are not as close minded as before.

But she would be laughed at her back and many african men do not wish to marry a second hand. She may remarry a widower or a fellow divorcee or an elderly man as second wife. No sane young man with a morally sound family will agree to marry her except on rare cases.
Re: Effects Of Divorce On A Woman..Men Take Note by ImaIma1(f): 11:56pm On Sep 26, 2018
Pipedreams:

But she would be laughed at her back and many african men do not wish to marry a second hand. She may remarry a widower or a fellow divorcee or an elderly man as second wife. No sane young man with a morally sound family will agree to marry her except on rare cases.

Do not be too sure. The fact that you wouldn't doesn't mean someone else won't.

I have a senior family friend who is divorced and has a 13yr old daughter. She is engaged to a "never been married" doctor. And his family does not mind. They are all abroad.

There is still hope for everyone...no matter what. Life goes on

3 Likes

Re: Effects Of Divorce On A Woman..Men Take Note by MrBottle: 1:57am On Sep 27, 2018
ImaIma1:

Do not be too sure. The fact that you wouldn't doesn't mean someone else won't.

I have a senior family friend who id divorced and has a 13yr old daughter. She is engaged to a "never been married" doctor. And his family do not mind. They are all abroad.

There is still hope for everyone...no matter what. Life goes on
don't mind pipedreams. He wished his ex-wife won't find love again while the lady is already having a time of her life in the arms of a correct dude.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Effects Of Divorce On A Woman..Men Take Note by Seahawk: 2:35am On Sep 27, 2018
According to studies carried out in the US. Men are stressing women more than all their children. And this is a country where men tend to help out more in the homes than in Nigeria. Imagine the stress of Nigerian wives cry

https://www.healthy-holistic-living.com/family-life-stress.html

More studies show that generally, women have been known to thrive more after divorce or the death of a spouse. When you see these women shining, people hate on them and accuse them of killing their husbands (typically in the african sytem). It’s just common sense that the thing sucking their energy away is no longer there, so they flourish.

That’s also the reason why men can hardly cope after the loss of a spouse through divorce or death. They tend to remarry as soon any woman will say yes to them. On the other hand, women tend to be more picky of subsequent spouses especially if they have young kids to worry about (concerns about sexual abuse and what not).

So shove this hogwash where the sun don’t shine

Caveat: if a woman has a good spouse and ends up loosing him, of course she will be more affected by it than if she rid herself of a bothersome, abusive and/or unfaithful spouse. So not all women do better without their spouses. But a significant number do hence it matters

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Make Me A Television" - A Thought-Provoking Short Story / Expectations From A Non-yoruba Lady Married To A Yoruba Man. / Cussons Reveals Theme For Cussons Baby Moments Season 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.