Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,331 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Effects Of Divorce On A Woman..Men Take Note - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Effects Of Divorce On A Woman..Men Take Note (5929 Views)

Delta Couple Announce Their Divorce On Facebook (Photos) / The Effects Of High Cost Of Marriage In Nigeria / The Results And Bitter Truths Of Divorce On Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Effects Of Divorce On A Woman..Men Take Note by babyfaceafrica: 3:59am On Sep 27, 2018
donogaga:
I’ve heard many people consider the possibility of ending their marriage. They look at divorce as a solution to their marital woes, a viable answer to their pain and frustration.

Ultimately, however, it creates only different problems.

Divorce shouldn't be encouraged!!!
even if a partner cheats or physical/emotionally hurt another?
Re: Effects Of Divorce On A Woman..Men Take Note by revolt(m): 7:54am On Sep 27, 2018
Seahawk:

According to studies carried out in the US. Men are stressing women more than all their children. And this is a country where men tend to help out more in the homes than in Nigeria. Imagine the stress of Nigerian wives cry

https://www.healthy-holistic-living.com/family-life-stress.html

More studies show that generally, women have been known to thrive more after divorce or the death of a spouse. When you see these women shining, people hate on them and accuse them of killing their husbands (typically in the african sytem). It’s just common sense that the thing sucking their energy away is no longer there, so they flourish.

That’s also the reason why men can hardly cope after the loss of a spouse through divorce or death. They tend to remarry as soon any woman will say yes to them. On the other hand, women tend to be more picky of subsequent spouses especially if they have young kids to worry about (concerns about sexual abuse and what not).

So shove this hogwash where the sun don’t shine

Caveat: if a woman has a good spouse and ends up loosing him, of course she will be more affected by it than if she rid herself of a bothersome, abusive and/or unfaithful spouse. So not all women do better without their spouses. But a significant number do hence it matters
these feminists lol...ok face reality. The reason men tend to remarry is cos there are still so many single women or babymamas desperately in need of a relationship. As long as the man is financially stable its almost certain in less than 5years hed have started a new family. There are exceptions to this rule. The only thing that affects the man is perhaps the children. The greatest losers and ones affected are the kids. Women on the other hand in desperation settle for less ie a toyboy or a man whose for obvious reasons. Which o0% of the time results on a separation. Whether 18 or 31 century, women age faster than men and become less appealing once children are involved. Women in the West as you claim are so desperate they would do anything to even date very illiterate 3 world nation men hoping to tie them down in marriage.
So this narrative your preaching here can fly for people that aren't well travelled. We know it's even easier fo get stable relationships here than in the West. There are thousands of men that reconcile with kids when they grow but the real damaged people are the kids. I haven't seen any divorced woman that's had a stable relationship. They all ususlly become cougars ..no abuse intended.

2 Likes

Re: Effects Of Divorce On A Woman..Men Take Note by ImaIma1(f): 8:48am On Sep 27, 2018
revolt:
these feminists lol...ok face reality. The reason men tend to remarry is cos there are still so many single women or babymamas desperately in need of a relationship. As long as the man is financially stable its almost certain in less than 5years hed have started a new family. There are exceptions to this rule. The only thing that affects the man is perhaps the children. The greatest losers and ones affected are the kids. Women on the other hand in desperation settle for less ie a toyboy or a man whose for obvious reasons. Which o0% of the time results on a separation. Whether 18 or 31 century, women age faster than men and become less appealing once children are involved. Women in the West as you claim are so desperate they would do anything to even date very illiterate 3 world nation men hoping to tie them down in marriage.
So this narrative your preaching here can fly for people that aren't well travelled. We know it's even easier fo get stable relationships here than in the West. There are thousands of men that reconcile with kids when they grow but the real damaged people are the kids. I haven't seen any divorced woman that's had a stable relationship. They all ususlly become cougars ..no abuse intended.

I disagree with your theory. So a man will marry a desperate baby mama or single lady out of pity even if he doesn't love her? Nope.

So many divorced women remarry and thrive in the second marriages especially if the first marriage was a sham. So also for men.

If a woman is with a husband that gives her so much problems because he is a cheat, burden, terror, off course she will be better off without him.

The cougar thing is not for everyone. Some women will take that route but some will still hope to find true love and a real man and they will. The world is big enough for all of us.

Men and women are affected by divorce...forget that a man tries to form macho and act like he is fine. It also affects him.

2 Likes

Re: Effects Of Divorce On A Woman..Men Take Note by Tofax: 8:49am On Nov 03, 2018
carammel:
Hogwash,many divorced women fare better than divorced men,reason men rush to remarry,they can never stand on their own.

A wonderful piece from Toks2008.
https://www.nairaland.com/3859494/moment-mrs

"I chose to write this thread cos of the growing trend of many ladies leaving their marriages for reasons that will make a sane person puke and it is so funny that these ladies see no big deal in jumping out of their marriage thinking men out there will just jump at them when there are countless numbers of beautiful never married ladies out there.

One big fact i want every married lady to know is this ....
The moment you are married,the seal of spinsterhood is broken and such seal can never be fixed...in other words...if you leave that union,you can never be seen as a never married or single lady so to say but you automatically become a divorcee. And in most cases also,when men approach divorcees for romantic union,they usually have the mindset that it's a favor they are rendering to these ladies which is why many lady divorcees end up single for a very long time and many end up as intimacy gadgets in the hands of randy men.
Why this sermon? it is to tell ladies that they must really think before they go into any marriage because it is better to be never married at 40 than to be a divorcee at 30.Ladies should see marriage as a very special Institute they must guard and should never take for granted at a time guys don't need a wife to enjoy what husbands enjoy as sex is cheap and it is quite easier getting a baby mama rather than going through the stress of fatherhood...it is quite easier for a guy to spend his money on himself rather than spending on a family.
Believe it or not,most guys in marriage of 5 years and above secretly wish that they have the chance to be with a new lady but only few remain disciplined so it is your duty to guard your marriage and take it very seriously.
For those ladies who are quick to say "I will leave my marriage if my hubby cheats on me"...have you ever thought of the fact that when he eventually cheats on you to your face then he really wants you to leave.
Most ladies who say marriage is not necessary usually enjoy hopping from one man to another and i wonder if that is their preferred option. I will advise them to wake up from their delusion and have a rethink. Marriage is more of companionship than sexual intimacy and no matter how beautiful a lady is,in most cases,once she gets into her 40s,the hype of having men flock around her will dwindle and loneliness becomes the order of the day,...only then will she understand that indeed,marriage is an important aspect of life no woman should joke with.
Marriage is more spiritual than physical and nothing gladdens the Devil more than seeing marriages crumble since it is the very institution GOD meticulously established so it is your duty as a lady to guard your marriage and the only logical reason for you to leave your marriage is if your life is seriously threatened...any other reason can be worked out. No matter how many times you change men,there will always be a reason to leave so stop running about and make your marriage work.
There is no good or bad choice of spouse but what we have is your choice and what you make out of it.
NEVER ALLOW ANOTHER LADY PUSH YOU OUT OF YOUR MARRIAGE OR YOU MAY REGRET IT.
This will definitely make no sense to many ladies"

(1) (2) (Reply)

Joint Account With My Spouse? / Fought With My Dad Today Because I Caught Him Pant-down With My Mum Friend / Can This Woman Be Using Juju To Sell Her Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.