Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,741 members, 7,851,554 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:36 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (70864 Views)

Poll: Do You Want Ade To Leave Arsenal FC?

Yes - Sell him immediately: 28% (17 votes)
Yes - Use the money to strengthen the team: 41% (25 votes)
No - Ade has been maltreated by the press: 10% (6 votes)
Not unless he is replaced, I will be sad to see him go: 18% (11 votes)
Unsure: 1% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 2:17pm On May 21, 2009
Have u guys seen this?

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 2:21pm On May 21, 2009
More pics

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ndumart: 2:23pm On May 21, 2009
dayokanu

I love your precise and accurate presentation of stats and facts but can u kindly tell us the impact ur darling BM has had on the european stage in the last 7 years
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 2:27pm On May 21, 2009
see this one

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 21, 2009
Polo style kit.
Quite cool.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 2:39pm On May 21, 2009
More

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 2:44pm On May 21, 2009
and

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Myself2(m): 3:47pm On May 21, 2009
Why blue,well as long as it's the away strip,and what's with the collar looks more like a casual top than a jersey,I like it though
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by frankogbu(m): 3:52pm On May 21, 2009
HNIC:

see this one

Lovely Kits. Just 'sad'  that my darling club has spoit business for my brothers from the East. They' ve flooded the market with Green and  Blues Arsenal Kits. Any hope the would learn not to jump the gunners in the seasons ahead

GOD BLESS ARSENAL[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 6:36pm On May 21, 2009
Love the away kit . . .Just reading it now on our Official webpage. . .any news on the home kit? wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by khanye(m): 6:45pm On May 21, 2009
@ allboyz

How r you doin? long time no see wink
Did you get that E-beer i sent to you?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 6:47pm On May 21, 2009
HNIC:

Have u guys seen this?

Yes, Someone tagged me to the new kit album on FB .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 8:02pm On May 21, 2009
khanye:

@ allboyz

How r you doin? long time no see wink
Did you get that E-beer i sent to you?

Bro . . i miss that . . i guez the E-beer that you would send after your victory against utd WOULD BE cOOL cool cool cool grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 8:09pm On May 21, 2009
allboyz:

Bro . . i miss that . . i guez the E-beer that you would send after your victory against utd WOULD BE cOOL cool cool cool grin grin grin grin

Mr Allboyz, if mouth could win club titles, you coulda won 5 different titles for Arsenal this season.
After all the big talks from that big mouth of yours, you ended up winning nowt.
What a shame.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 8:12pm On May 21, 2009
~Sauron~:

Mr Allboyz, if mouth could win club titles, you coulda won 5 different titles for Arsenal this season.
After all the big talks from that big mouth of yours, you ended up winning nowt.
What a shame.

Bro. . . .i respect your club and in all honesty . .i was just kidding about the Victory for Barca . . . tongue

Leave my mouth alone . . .Coz your mouth is bigger than mine tongue grin grin grin

anyways . . it would be cool for an English team to win the UCL . . .But if Barca ends up winning . . .its good . .they deserve it as well . . so i would just relax and enjoy the game. wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 8:27pm On May 21, 2009
allboyz:

Bro. . . .i respect your club and in all honesty . .i was just kidding about the Victory for Barca . . . tongue

Good man!!!

Leave my mouth alone . . .Coz your mouth is bigger than mine tongue grin grin grin

Certainly not bigger than Mukina's mouth.
Her slogan is: Arsenal never lose.
Even after 4 trophyless seasons, Muki feels Arsenal are winning.
What a fan!!!

anyways . . it would be cool for an English team to win the UCL . . .But if Barca ends up winning . . .its good . .they deserve it as well . . so i would just relax and enjoy the game. wink

We deserve it more.
United have played 65 games this season already.
Only missed out on the FA cup narrowly but have won every other competition this season.
7 days to go. . . . . . . . .I am ready.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 8:32pm On May 21, 2009
Hey Fellas . . .Just got this letter from a site: to all Gunner fans

An open letter to all Arsenal fans

[/quote]Every now and then we publish relevant, appropriate and well written comments made on this site. This is one that we feel encapsulates what a lot of Arsenal fans feel at this moment in time…Ed

By Anonymous

What has changed over the years to make us thus?

In truth it is probably a mixture of brainwashing from a partisan media, a nagging uncertainty about the future ownership of our club and the result of a diet of success that was far too rich for our own good for several years.

Here and now, every Arsenal supporter should ask themselves why they became a supporter in the first place.

Was it to complain? Perhaps to facilitate writing abuse on the internet? Maybe it was to indulge in jeering the home team from the home supporters section. Maybe, but I suspect not.

What I suspect is that you became an Arsenal supporter out of love and passion for the club.

It was this love and passion that caused you to put everything else on hold come match day.

It was this love and passion that caused you to spend your hard-earned cash to see your team play live.

It was this love and passion that allowed you to savour victory and success to an opiate-like degree that eased your pain when that success was fleeting, as it so often is in football.

It is now time to remember those things of yesteryear that sparked our love affair with this magnificent football club and realise that they are just as strong in us today as they were then. Complaining about our situation will not change it and the events of this year and others cannot be undone.

NOW is the time to unite behind our manager and behind our team. It is NOW during this bleak period that they need our support the most. We are their twelfth man but we are not match fit anymore.

Let’s have an end to all these ridiculous calls for Arsene Wenger to be replaced. He is going to be our manager for the foreseeable future so get behind him. When he eventually retires, he will greatly missed believe me.

Let’s also have an end to the incessant calls for him to buy players. OF COURSE HE IS GOING TO BUY PLAYERS! Not only that but he will buy the best players he can lay his hands on with the money he has available, which will most likely be substantial this year even though it hasn’t been in recent years.

On top of that, when he does buy these players, make them feel welcome!

Make up great songs about them, send them welcoming messages via the club and go and see them pre-season singing yourself hoarse in the process.

Wear shirts with their names on the back. Show them that they belong and they will play their hearts out for you.

This season coming, RENEW YOUR FAITH IN THE ARSENAL!

Wear your colours proudly! Drown out the voices of other supporters whether home or away with your singing!

Roar your applause at every shot on goal whether it goes in or to row Z!

Roar your applause at every substitute warming up and let them know that you are behind them and that their best will always be good enough.

You will see more of their best as a result. Increase your support to include the reserve matches, the youth games and our fantastic ladies team who are a national treasure.

Go to their games come rain or shine! Break their attendance record until they have to put their matches on at The Emirates because they deserve to play there and they deserve you to be there for it.

Make other supporters and other teams feel awe for the support that we give our team. Make the Emirates atmosphere the envy of the league! Lift our players and they will do their part and lift trophies. Raise your voices, lift your team and renew your faith.

Unity in the face of adversity.

Victory through Harmony.[quote]

Lets Keep the Faith . . .

In Arsene I trust tongue

Gunners 1800 cheesy cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 8:35pm On May 21, 2009
~Sauron~:

What a fan!!!

She is a True Fan cool

~Sauron~:

We deserve it more.
United have played 65 games this season already.
Only missed out on the FA cup narrowly but have won every other competition this season.
7 days to go. . . . . . . . .I am ready.

Ready lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed . . .well i hope you survive it anyways . . .i just want to watch a good game and with Barca . .i am sure to get that. . .something just tells me that Barca will sneak it . . its 50 - 50 for me regardless of the Yellow/Red card offensives and missing players
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 8:39pm On May 21, 2009
Gunners fans should please check this and see this WICKED PLAYER!!!!

http://www.premiershiplatest.com/news/21-05-09/5517815.html

Cheers
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Myself2(m): 9:13pm On May 21, 2009
And the masquerade has finally been unmasked and Ade has shown his true twattish colour,little wonder that bloke assaulted him at MMA
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 9:26pm On May 21, 2009
Faye to Arsenal? 5M?

will he fit in?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 1:58am On May 22, 2009
dayokanu

I love your precise and accurate presentation of stats and facts but can u kindly tell us the impact ur darling BM has had on the european stage in the last 7 years

Bayern Munich has only managed 4 quarter finals in the CL and a UEFA cup semi finals which is disappointing by their own standards. Within the same period they have won their local league 4 times.

So what else do you want to know?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by FBS: 7:06am On May 22, 2009
allboyz:

Faye to Arsenal? 5M?

will he fit in?
dont worry, he will fit in. Diaby did. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 8:34am On May 22, 2009
allboyz:

Faye to Arsenal? 5M?

will he fit in?
@ Allboyz
Haba, it's still May.
Just watch out when it's around July.
I tell you what!
Arsenal will be linked to any player who's more than 6 feet tall
and weigh at least 95-100kg grin
since that's what the Media guys have unanimously decided we need in the team
The Velas,Nasris,Fab4s,Eduardos,Dennilsons,Theos, etc are all midgets and lightweights.
Modern day football requires you to be built like dem rugby and American football players! grin
So, watch out
We will be linked with not only Faye
but. . . . .hmmmmn. . . Danny Shittu, Koeller,Titus Bramble,Olofinjana,Wheater, Collocini etc.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by khanye(m): 9:58am On May 22, 2009
allboyz:

Yes man, just chill till next week wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by khanye(m): 10:08am On May 22, 2009
I'm recommending these players to Prof. Arsene Wenger

MF - Luka Modric
DM - Wilson Palacios
FW - Roman Payluchenko

I hope he can afford this players!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 11:33am On May 22, 2009
khanye:

I'm recommending these players to Prof. Arsene Wenger

MF - Luka Modric
DM - Wilson Palacios
FW - Roman Payluchenko

I hope he can afford this players!

All of them southern scum (aka spurs) players?

Will never happen. Of the lot, only Palacios would be interesting to me - Modric is not better than Cesc or Nasri, and Pavyluchenko is a no no - he's no better than Pinky Nicklas and Arshavin hates his guts. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 11:35am On May 22, 2009
[size=15pt]Fabregas Charges Dropped.[/size]

Fabregas in clear over 'spit' row

Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas has been cleared by the Football Association over charges relating to his conduct after the Hull FA Cup tie.

Fabregas, who did not play in the game, came on to the pitch after the final whistle and was later alleged to have spat at Hull assistant Brian Horton.

But an independent commission has now found there was not enough evidence on two charges of improper conduct.

The investigation into the Fabregas incident was concluded last week but the FA did not want the results to become public until after Hull's crucial match against champions Manchester United on Sunday, where a win will guarantee their top-flight status.

"The FA can confirm that, at a regulatory commission hearing, two charges of improper conduct against Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas were found not proved," said an FA statement.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/fa_cup/8063160.stm

To crown it all off, UTD must make sure the stupid club gets relegated this weekend. angry

Sharon should learn to trust my words - Fabregas is a gentleman and did NOTHING wrong. cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by khanye(m): 11:40am On May 22, 2009
debosky:

All of them southern scum (aka spurs) players?

Will never happen. Of the lot, only Palacios would be interesting to me - Modric is not better than Cesc or Nasri, and Pavyluchenko is a no no - he's no better than Pinky Nicklas and Arshavin hates his guts. grin grin

Modric is more creative than Nasri.
You need Palacios in the middle of the park
Pavyluchenko is a goal poacher (He's still better than Nick & Ade)
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 12:09pm On May 22, 2009
~Sauron~:

Good man!!!

What a fan!!!

who has the biggest mouth in here Sharon grin

Your mouth is soo big you find it difficult to close it.

I heard Microsoft developed a new software for mouth shutdown . .maybe you should apply for it tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 12:12pm On May 22, 2009
khanye:

Modric is more creative than Nasri.
On what basis? Has he created more or scored more than Nasri?

Nasri has 6 goals and 2 assists from 29 games, while Modric has 3 goals and 5 assists.

You need Palacios  in the middle of the park
Agreed, but he just joined Spurs and will likely not move so soon especially since Wenger recommended him to Wigan in the first place so he likely doesn't fancy the boy.

Pavyluchenko is a goal poacher (He's still better than Nick & Ade)

On what basis? Has he outscored either of them? He has 5 goals and 1 assist from 27 games, Bendtner 9 goals 2 assists from 30 games and Ade 10 goals and 4 assists from 26 games.

Palacios might be useful, but I'm not even convinced he is better than Song is at the moment.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 12:28pm On May 22, 2009
debosky:

Palacios might be useful, but I'm not even convinced he is better than Song is at the moment.

Palacios shits on Song. . . . . just look at Wigans performances during Palacios stay (and after) and Spurs performances before Palacios arrival (and after). . . . whats the underlying factor?. . . . .Palacios is the best DM in the EPL this season. . . . . Song is good and has a lot of potential, but it's stupid to compare him to Palacios at this stage. . . . . also, AW only recommended Palacios to Birmingham in 2007 because he already had Flamini, Gilberto, Song, Diarra and Diaby. . . . . his official reason for passing on Palacios was not because he didn't fancy him. . . . .he said he loved the boy, but just had too many defensive midfielders at the time. . . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (101)

UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 / Chelsea Vs Manchester United: FA Cup Final (1 - 0) On 19th May 2018 / Manchester City Vs Tottenham Hotspur:UCL Quarter Finals (4 -3) On 17th Apr. 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.