Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,452 members, 7,846,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:11 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (70774 Views)

Poll: Do You Want Ade To Leave Arsenal FC?

Yes - Sell him immediately: 28% (17 votes)
Yes - Use the money to strengthen the team: 41% (25 votes)
No - Ade has been maltreated by the press: 10% (6 votes)
Not unless he is replaced, I will be sad to see him go: 18% (11 votes)
Unsure: 1% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 11:31pm On Jun 19, 2009
kay_pumpin:

O'shea shows passion and  puts in effort without a doubt.Inspite of his lack of extra factor,he was an integral part of your title-winning squad last season,not with the way he was been pushed around.Thats BTW,there's reason Ade's name is not our list of passionate player,no?  cheesy

Players are passionate in different ways. . . . . .Not until you run around like headless chicken.
Pray tell. . . . .When has being passionate equals to effectiveness? If being passionate is proportional to being effective, Taiye Taiwo would win the BPITW every season. grin

You are right about Cesc having a a BIG ROLE to play in our squad and the reason why he failed this last season can not be over-emphasized.
The loss of his allies(Flamini & Hleb) in the mid-field was part of the reason(this also affected Ade too without a doubt) BUT dude, Ade was just piss-poor over-all.
Smiling when we are trailing behind,wandering off-side relentlessly et al.If Ade was like this 2 seasons ago,he would have been sold off.Wonder why no one his romanticing dude this summer like the previous one?

Should he cry? I remember the Semifinal tie of the UCL.
There was no service at all from the midfield. . . . . .Cesc kept pinging nonsense aerial balls to Ade knowing he was all alone to battle with Vida and Rio.
How is that Ade's fault?

The match i  cited was played Oct 29 dude,what kinda of mental fatique are you talking about?
The type you experience in the first half of the season and recover from at a latter part of the season?
Enlighten me pls

Internationals, Pre-qualifying Champions League games, League games and Carling Cup.
A squad has thin as Arsenal can be hit by fatigue within 3 weeks.
Wenger does not rotate. shocked shocked

If remuneration is directly proportional to performance and output,you remember one Berbatov?
Ade's take-home pay was even hiked based on his one-season wonder,yet he decided to give back a lesser performance and languid disposition.
You think he was paid to score wonder goal against Villareal alone?Bleep him  angry

And who says Berbatov wasn't effective for Man Utd.
14 priceless goals and 10 assists say it all. . . . . .In a season Rooney was out for 4 weeks, who woulda partnered Tevez if we didn't buy BERBA?
Fans can say anything about Berbatov but he was more productive than Carlos Tevez last season.

This is realistically RVP first full season with us,and how many times did he bail us out this season sef.

What a laugh!!!
A player that has been with you since 2004/5 is just having his first full season?
What does that say about Wenger relying on a pasta-boned striker who is yet to score 15 league goals in his entire career?

debosky:

SKIN - [b]S[/b]tupidly and [b]K[/b]nowingly [b]IN[/b]sulting fans.  tongue

Stop your pointless justifications - till Ade shows RESPECT and the appropriate ATTITUDE, I will be on his case till Kingdom come.  tongue

He doesn't give a Bleep about you so keep staying on his case.
All i know is Ade's team mates failed him which was why he couldn't replicate the outstanding season he had in 07/08.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 11:40pm On Jun 19, 2009
~Sauron~:

He doesn't give a Bleep about you so keep staying on his case.
All i know is Ade's team mates failed him which was why he couldn't replicate the outstanding season he had in 07/08.
That's precisely the reason why I'll be on his case till he's shipped off to Charlton like Song was, unless someone comes and pays good money for him of course. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 11:54pm On Jun 19, 2009
~Sauron~:

Players are passionate in different ways. . . . . .Not until you run around like headless chicken.
Pray tell. . . . .When has being passionate equals to effectiveness? If being passionate is proportional to being effective, Taiye Taiwo would win the BPITW every season. grin

Pray tell, when has being static equal to efficiency?Straying offside willy nilly equals immense skill?
Ade should go and play Togolese roullete abeg,the type that involves a rope and ceiling. angry

~Sauron~:

Should he cry? I remember the Semifinal tie of the UCL.
There was no service at all from the midfield. . . . . .Cesc kept pinging nonsense aerial balls to Ade knowing he was all alone to battle with Vida and Rio.
How is that Ade's fault?

Ade was pathetic and not interested in that match.His geriatric grin and pedestrian display in that match was the last straw. . . .
Should he cry?Damnit,i love Rooney man!

~Sauron~:

Internationals, Pre-qualifying Champions League games, League games and Carling Cup.
A squad has thin as Arsenal can be hit by fatigue within 3 weeks.
Wenger does not rotate. shocked shocked

This logic still doesn't hold water.
This same set of players still copped unbeaten run of matches towards the end of the season when they were supposed to be more exasperated and exhausted.
And most of them do not even play Carling cup do they,and why did you repeat Leagus games twices?Saturday night palsy already? cheesy

~Sauron~:

And who says Berbatov wasn't effective for Man Utd.
14 priceless goals and 10 assists say it all. . . . . .In a season Rooney was out for 4 weeks, who woulda partnered Tevez if we didn't buy BERBA?
Fans can say anything about Berbatov but he was more productive than Carlos Tevez last season.

Berbatov is the best thing since internet grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 12:19pm On Jun 20, 2009
With renewed speculation about Kolo Toure leaving Arsenal, i am not really happy!
I dont want to lose Kolo Toure
I will rather have SIlvestre and Eboue get the fuc.k out of the greatest team in England, ARSENAL! tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 1:21pm On Jun 20, 2009
Is silvestre still dia angry angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by khanye(m): 1:50pm On Jun 20, 2009
mukina2:

Is silvestre still dia angry angry

Yes grin cheesy
He's not leaving tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 2:13pm On Jun 20, 2009
MrCrackles:

With renewed speculation about Kolo Toure leaving Arsenal, i am not really happy!
I dont want to lose Kolo Toure
I will rather have SIlvestre and Eboue get the fuc.k out of the greatest team in England, ARSENAL! tongue

I have always known that Arsenal fans possess an inate predilection to selective inanity. Whereas Emmanuel Eboue would be well respected and accepted into any club as one of the worlds best right-backs (top 20), Kolo Toure is a miserable charlatan who hath fooled the Arsenal fans into believing that he is deserving of a place in a Champions League team.

This nonsense about Eboue started when he was deployed on the right-side of midfield. Brainless Arsenal fans, in their Geordie-esque fervour have been whipped into a frenzy and severely misinformed as to the abilities of a certain Mr Eboue and although only fleetingly, a certain Mr Song. I am wholly convinced that the folly of their beliefs about a certain Mr Diaby will also be exposed over time, if not at Arsenal, then at his next club.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 3:14pm On Jun 20, 2009
Ibime:

I have always known that Arsenal fans possess an inate predilection to selective inanity. Whereas Emmanuel Eboue would be well respected and accepted into any club as one of the worlds best right-backs (top 20),

What are you smoking? Lord knows I need some of it. Let's for a microsecond even accept your asinine and preposterous suggestion, is he better than Sagna? Secondly, he's CRAP at crossing and can't shoot on goal - why can't he work on that part of his game? All in all, I don't think Eboue should be sold, he is a competent (if not too smart) back up for Sagna.

Kolo Toure is a miserable charlatan who hath fooled the Arsenal fans into believing that he is deserving of a place in a Champions League team.
Charlatan indeed - was he not part of the invincibles side? did he not win 2 FA Cups and a league title as an ever present? Wow, we definitely need more of such 'charlatans' around. Kolo is a dedicated Arsenal player, who ALWAYS gives 100% on the pitch. You can never doubt him for commitment and drive, although he isn't the best under high pressure and always seems to play his best alongside a CB dominant in the air.

This nonsense about Eboue started when he was deployed on the right-side of midfield. Brainless Arsenal fans, in their Geordie-esque fervour have been whipped into a frenzy and severely misinformed as to the abilities of a certain Mr Eboue and although only fleetingly, a certain Mr Song.
You are a consummate nitwit. Is deployment to the right side the reason Eboue lost ability to control the ball? What a useless excuse! How many players get moved around to different positions? Is that an excuse to lose basic abilities like completing passes and retaining possession? No one expected Eboue to be Overmars, but simple expectations - control the ball, be able to pass and deliver the occasional good cross seemed beyond him for large stretches of the season. If he is not better at Sagna at defending or better than Walcott at attacking, where will he end up? On the BENCH. If he's not satisfied, he should UP his game.

Song on the other hand was SHIT for half the season, before knuckling down and facing his game. Arsenal fans do not tolerate slack, lackadaisical play, and Song was a chief culprit, most memorably in the Arsenal vs Spurs game when he came on grinning and high fiving as if the game was won, and failed to do his task of tightening up the midfield to seal the victory.

All that said, he reinvented himself and transformed the POTENTIAL we all knew he had into PERFORMANCES. Once that was done, we came back to his side. If it was a 'whipped up fervour' as you dimly alluded to, no one would come back to his side.

I am wholly convinced that the folly of their beliefs about a certain Mr Diaby will also be exposed over time, if not at Arsenal, then at his next club.
Diaby is a waste pipe - he is INCONSISTENT and essentially a LUXURY player given that he cannot bring in good performances game in game out. If he decides to knuckle down and achieve consistency, we will change our mind about him. Till then, he will get more stick till he cleans up his act.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 5:27pm On Jun 20, 2009
I have read carefully all the gibberish being posted here by Debosky and yes I can take it from him, but who the hell is this kay_pumpin ? angry

whats ur fuckin' business with what I write, must u reply my posts even if u find it odious . . .for the sake of argument I know who and who I yap at, so what the heck is ur problem telling me to suck on Ade's privates, u bloody homo smelling Bendtner's yansh  angry

abeg make u na dey take am easy for here o . . .

been here for ages, the person I was messing with took it jocularly but as a reprobate idiot u Kay Pumpin had to see the high horse am on . . .OH YES AM ON A HIGH HORSE, I BRAG FOR EFFECTS, WHY E DEY PAIN U SAY SOME PEOPLE HOLD THEMSELVES IN ESTEEM ? were u expecting me to put ur rotten name in a list of founding sports people here ?

I like Ade . . .what has that got to do with ur non-payment of ur tenement rate ?

I take God beg u, leave me out of ur posts, u dont see me replying to posts anyhow, there must be an history, I dont know from where u have come  undecided

@Chacal

dont mind Debosky jare  embarassed

I wonder whether he wasnt here after the UECL let-down that I admitted that CESC and ADE were the worst culprits for this season, like u said its always a skin thing - - -did it not happen to Etoo, Drogba and now Ade ?

I wonder why peeps would be mentioning Torres in an Arsenal set-up . . .do these people really believe its just any forward that can perform well in an Arsenal set-up ? Baptista anyone ? Reyes ?

all this talk of large size of Manure squad is it the fault of Ade ? WENGER SHOULD TAKE THE BLAME FOR THE RECESSION IN THE CLUB just like we have had many coaches sacked for lesser cogent reasons  cool

The problem is Debo has certain players he loves and would do his best to make them look good at the expense of probably better players . . .

Diaby is a wastepipe whilst Bendtner is wondeful . . .Debo are u ok ?

Eboue wins more free-kicks in the team, dive or no dive, yet he aint good enuff, have u tot of the fact that AW hasnt effectively utilised him since Sagna got into the team ?

did u not notice that bursting forward from the left side of midfield Eboue looks cool ?

DO WE STILL SELL SONG . . .MR DEBOSKY ?  grin  grin idiot !  tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 6:06pm On Jun 20, 2009
As the main proponent of the "Wenger knows" philosophy which has so insidiously pervaded this thread, I wonder how Debosky still has the credibility to engage in footie arguments without any hint of embarassment.

debosky:

What are you smoking? Lord knows I need some of it. Let's for a microsecond even accept your asinine and preposterous suggestion, is he better than Sagna? Secondly, he's CRAP at crossing and can't shoot on goal - why can't he work on that part of his game? All in all, I don't think Eboue should be sold, he is a competent (if not too smart) back up for Sagna. Is deployment to the right side the reason Eboue lost ability to control the ball? What a useless excuse! How many players get moved around to different positions? Is that an excuse to lose basic abilities like completing passes and retaining possession? No one expected Eboue to be Overmars, but simple expectations - control the ball, be able to pass and deliver the occasional good cross seemed beyond him for large stretches of the season. If he is not better at Sagna at defending or better than Walcott at attacking, where will he end up? On the BENCH. If he's not satisfied, he should UP his game.

Simple - besides Bosingwa and Sagna, can you name a better right-back in the premiership?

The same player who was European defender of the year in 2006? You are a nitwit!

All this nonsense you are yarning above about Eboue not being able to control the ball, I hope you know that the primary function of a right-back is to run unto the ball, not to receive possession with his back to defenders as is the case when he plays in midfield. How then can he be faulted for having an imperfect touch when the situations in which he receives the ball are entirely different for both positions. It is imperative to recognise that Eboue is being judged on his performances at right-back, not in midfield. I venture to add that Bakary Sagna will be ten times worse than Eboue if he was forced to play in midfield. He does not possess anywhere near any of the attributes required to play that position. At least Eboue has some.

debosky:

Charlatan indeed - was he not part of the invincibles side? did he not win 2 FA Cups and a league title as an ever present? Wow, we definitely need more of such 'charlatans' around. Kolo is a dedicated Arsenal player, who ALWAYS gives 100% on the pitch. You can never doubt him for commitment and drive, although he isn't the best under high pressure and always seems to play his best alongside a CB dominant in the air,

Rubbish. What worth is a defender if he needs an organiser to help him through. I have always considered Toure's positioning to be atrocious. Whilst ingrates such as yourself were wowed by his last-gasp recovery challenges in years gone by, I was appalled that his incompetent sense of positioning allowed such situations to develop in the first place. I said the same about Micah Richards 2 years and the truth of my assertion is being borne out for all to see. Unfortunately for Toure, he has now lost that recovery pace which helped him remedy situations in the past and is now useless as a defender. I do not need to highlight his numerous mistakes over the past two years. Chelsea and Man Utd fans laugh that such an incompetent charlatan could be posing as a top-4 defender. Take Man City's money and run! No other relevant team in World football will even look at Toure twice! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 6:14pm On Jun 20, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

I have read carefully all the gibberish being posted here by Debosky and yes I can take it from him, but who the hell is this kay_pumpin ? angry.

I am just who i am Kit,nothing can change that.

Dr Kitaun:

whats ur fuckin' business with what I write, must u reply my posts even if u find it odious . . .for the sake of argument I know who and who I yap at, so what the heck is ur problem telling me to suck on Ade's privates, u bloody homo smelling Bendtner's yansh  angry
abeg make u na dey take am easy for here o . . .

You are an imbellic troll dude,how on earth did you become a doctor, (that's if you are not like Dr.Sikiru Ayinde)
How did this irascible irritant scaled the MBBS hurdle.I will respect your views if they are objective but all you do all day is post impulsive vitriol with the speed of light.Quantity(with emoticons to boot) but less quality

Dr Kitaun:

abeg make u na dey take am easy for here o

Imagine this intellectually bereft dolt with proton-sized brain issuing e-threats.
It seems life on NL is the leeway out of your emotional cul-de-sac
Do you think you are sparring with a kid?
My first born wouldn't even insinuate this kinda pseudo-aggression on the net.
Mofo. angry

Dr Kitaun:

been here for ages, the person I was messing with took it jocularly but as a reprobate idiot u Kay Pumpin had to see the high horse am on . . .OH YES AM ON A HIGH HORSE, I BRAG FOR EFFECTS, WHY E DEY PAIN U SAY SOME PEOPLE HOLD THEMSELVES IN ESTEEM ? were u expecting me to put ur rotten name in a list of founding sports people here ?.

You seem to take so much delight with been a mule,are you paid to be a twerp?
You have been on NL for donkey years,of what significance of is that to the global meltdown?.My name is not in the founding fathers' list of National theatre,does it make me lesser a person.Kid you need deliverance.

Dr Kitaun:

I like Ade . . .what has that got to do with ur non-payment of ur tenement rate ?
I take God beg u, leave me out of ur posts, u dont see me replying to posts anyhow, there must be an history, I dont know from where u have come  undecided

By your warped logic NL must be a sect,but is that the way to exchange ideas and impart knowlegde?(it is not as if you have one any way).
I am not surprised by your puerility,it goes a long way to confirm the parlance,"age ain't nothing but a number".
You do not have to know me dude,i don't do simpletons.

Mr.NL Methusela,these kids of nowadays with e-conceit.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 6:18pm On Jun 20, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin cheesy grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 9:05pm On Jun 20, 2009
When has NL become a Family heir loom ??
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 9:37pm On Jun 20, 2009
Ibime:

As the main proponent of the "Wenger knows" philosophy which has so insidiously pervaded this thread, I wonder how Debosky still has the credibility to engage in footie arguments without any hint of embarassment.

What 'Wenger knows' philosophy?? I backed the coach 100% unequivocally, and truly believed in the side's ability to challenge. When he made decisions that I did not agree with, I stated them, but that takes nothing away from my backing for the coach. If such a line of reasoning is beyond your understanding, it's no skin off my nose.

Simple - besides Bosingwa and Sagna, can you name a better right-back in the premiership?
Better than Eboue apart from those two? cheesy You must be kidding me grin grin grin

The same player who was European defender of the year in 2006? You are a nitwit!
Arsenal's entire defence was AMAZING that year, I have no recollection of the award you are talking about. [b]Carles Puyol [/b]won the UEFA defender of the year for 2005-2006, not Eboue.

All this nonsense you are yarning above about Eboue not being able to control the ball, I hope you know that the primary function of a right-back is to run unto the ball, not to receive possession with his back to defenders as is the case when he plays in midfield. How then can he be faulted for having an imperfect touch when the situations in which he receives the ball are entirely different for both positions.

All this nonsense to excuse a BASIC football skill?? No one is saying he should have TH14's touch, but his ability to lose the ball idiotically is unparalleled - what about running into your OWN players? Is that something RB's are not supposed to do either?? Any player that has spent 2 years+ at Arsenal and still has an atrocious touch is unpardonable. What about his inability to pass? Are RB's supposed to be unable to pass too?

It is imperative to recognise that Eboue is being judged on his performances at right-back, not in midfield. I venture to add that Bakary Sagna will be ten times worse than Eboue if he was forced to play in midfield. He does not possess anywhere near any of the attributes required to play that position. At least Eboue has some.
Sagna will be competent in posession and be able to pass - he is not the best crosser neither is he as penetrating with his runs, but he will do BASICS that Eboue can't seem to get right. Players at Arsenal FC move around a lot, sometimes not being the most successful at it, but still delivering COMPETENT performances. How come SONG is 'forced' into Defence and still plays well? Is Eboue some demi-god that can't be played elsewhere?

Rubbish. What worth is a defender if he needs an organiser to help him through.
What happens when Terry doesn't play for Chelski? No organiser and the defence turns to shambles. What worth is Carva, Alex and co?

I have always considered Toure's positioning to be atrocious. Whilst ingrates such as yourself were wowed by his last-gasp recovery challenges in years gone by, I was appalled that his incompetent sense of positioning allowed such situations to develop in the first place. I said the same about Micah Richards 2 years and the truth of my assertion is being borne out for all to see. Unfortunately for Toure, he has now lost that recovery pace which helped him remedy situations in the past and is now useless as a defender.

You have said nothing of significance in that drivel except expose your dislike for Kolo. What idiotic comparison are you making with Micah? Has he suddenly lost his recovery pace at 20? undecided Stop being a retard. Toure has played at the top level for how many years with excellent results. He has weaknesses, but is still an EXCELLENT defender. Whether he goes or stays should be a carefully weighed decision.

I do not need to highlight his numerous mistakes over the past two years. Chelsea and Man Utd fans laugh that such an incompetent charlatan could be posing as a top-4 defender. Take Man City's money and run! No other relevant team in World football will even look at Toure twice! grin
Charlatan? Yet he was a mainstay winning cups and trophies in 2002-2005? A player nicknamed African Cannavaro in 2006? A player who was a mainstay in a defence that notched 10 clean sheets in the CL that year?

I guess the rest of the team was superhuman to carry a Charlatan that long. Come up with another story. Kolo has excellent tackling skill, pace and power and great marking skills. His positioning (apparently your only requirement in a player) may not be the best, but every player has their weakness.

Let people not look at Kolo, if they have numskulls like you in tow, I won't be surprised. grin

The above doesn't mean Kolo might not be sold, things will be examined in terms of the overall benefit to Arsenal FC for a decision to be taken.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 10:18pm On Jun 20, 2009
Debosky, name any EPL right-back better than Eboue apart from Bosingwa and Sagna and stop faffing around!

Oya, get cracking!  grin

Sorry I meant to say that Eboue was nominated for UEFA DOTY in 2006, not that he won. The other nominees were none other than Maldini and Puyol.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 10:43pm On Jun 20, 2009
Ibime:

Debosky, name any EPL right-back better than Eboue apart from Bosingwa and Sagna and stop faffing around!

Oya, get cracking!  grin
Seriously this is still amusing me - so Eboue is better than all the RBs at Man Utd and Liverpool (let's even forget about the lower clubs)? grin Seriously?? grin grin grin

Nah mate, I can't believe you're saying this. grin

Sorry I meant to say that Eboue was nominated for UEFA DOTY in 2006, not that he won. The other nominees were none other than Maldini and Puyol.
You better edit your original post. grin Mr 'you can't catch me with any footie gaffe on nairaland' grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 10:50pm On Jun 20, 2009
debosky:

Nah mate, I can't believe you're saying this. grin
You better edit your original post. grin Mr 'you can't catch me with any footie gaffe on nairaland' grin grin grin

Ingrates like you wouldnt even know that Eboue was nominated. What happened was that I was watching the presentation ceremony while drinking a glass of Southern Comfort. . . . somewhere, somehow, the drink must have got to my brain leading me to think that Eboue had won the award.  grin

debosky:

Seriously this is still amusing me - so Eboue is better than all the RBs at Man Utd and Liverpool (let's even forget about the lower clubs)? grin Seriously?? grin grin grin

O-boy drop some names. . . . enough talking. . . . lemme help you out with some names. . . . Glen Johnson, Arbeloa, Corluka, Zuiverloon, Beye, Wes Brown, Paintsil. . . . these are the only decent right-backs in the premiership as of now. . . . pick anyone of those names for comparative analysis and convince me that they are as good as Eboue was when he last played right-back in 05/06 (discounting his injury stricken 06/07)
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 11:26pm On Jun 20, 2009
Ibime:

Ingrates like you wouldnt even know that Eboue was nominated. What happened was that I was watching the presentation ceremony while drinking a glass of Southern Comfort. . . . somewhere, somehow, the drink must have got to my brain leading me to think that Eboue had won the award.  grin
So you're blaming it on the a-a-a-a-a-alcohol? grin grin Where is DK when you need him? Nah mate, I knew he was nominated, I was personally gutted for Eboue the following season.

Why should we compare them to Eboue's best in 05/06? It's obvious that the WHOLE Arsenal defence was exceptional that year (largely due to Martin Keown's coaching stint at the time).

With that influence removed, Eboue has returned to his base level. Put any RB worth his salt in the same environment and they will outperform Eboue.

People talk like I hate Eboue, I just know there's so much potential in him, but he's not really using his head nor trying to improve. That's the sad thing. I personally want him to remain at the club - he still has a lot to offer as back up.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 11:44pm On Jun 20, 2009
debosky:

Why should we compare them to Eboue's best in 05/06? It's obvious that the WHOLE Arsenal defence was exceptional that year (largely due to Martin Keown's coaching stint at the time).

With that influence removed, Eboue has returned to his base level. Put any RB worth his salt in the same environment and they will outperform Eboue.

People talk like I hate Eboue, I just know there's so much potential in him, but he's not really using his head nor trying to improve. That's the sad thing. I personally want him to remain at the club - he still has a lot to offer as back up.

This is real rubbish. If the Arsenal defence made Eboue why didn't any of them get nominated? What can Keown teach Eboue about full-back play? I hope you know that Keown is still coaching at Arsenal.

The fact remains that Sagna was not bought because Wenger wanted to replace Eboue, but because Wenger thought Eboue would make a great winger. He even compared him to Garrincha.

It is quite obvious that Eboue's poor form has only coincided with his deployment to the right-wing.

Eboue is a top quality right-back, an attacking one, with 5 lungs and the ability to work the whole right-flank from goal-line to goal-line. He is defensively sound and an amazing athlete. If Sagna wasn't at Arsenal, Eboue would settle comfortably back into his old role and still be one of the best right-backs in the prem. All the other right-backs I mentioned have nothing on Eboue. Glen Johnson is a mistake waiting to happen. Arbeloa is physically weak and has nothing to offer going forward. Habib Beye is injury prone. Zuiverloon is up and coming. Corluka started like a train on fire but his form has dipped at Tottenham. Paintsil is still redeeming his battered reputation from his West Ham days and Wes Brown is the eternal sicknote. None of these players would ever impress the whole of Europe like Eboue did.

I have a problem with Arsenal fans (of which Debosky is the main culprit), which is their predilection to riding the bandwagon. They do not remove themselves from the situation and accurately analyse players, they just jump on the bandwagon like some bovine creatures. A lot of them Arsenal players are underperforming twats, yet they will pick on ONE player and destroy his confidence, booing him from start to finish like a mindless hate mob.

Yes, Eboue frustrated on the right-wing. Suddenly, Eboue is a hate-figure at Arsenal. Flamini used to be a hate-figure, as did Alex Song. Diaby is currently copping it. Ade is copping it, maybe for just reasons, but the hatred toward him is not in keeping with his iniquities.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 12:01am On Jun 21, 2009
Ibime:

This is real rubbish. If the Arsenal defence made Eboue why didn't any of them get nominated? What can Keown teach Eboue about full-back play? I hope you know that Keown is still coaching at Arsenal.
He didn't teach Eboue about full-back play, by drilling them to work as a UNIT, they performed better overall - being greater than the sum of their parts. Seems you're on a roll - Keown had a BRIEF stint with Arsenal. If you cannot provide proof to show he is still 'coaching at Arsenal' this will be your SECOND goof of the night.

The fact remains that Sagna was not bought because Wenger wanted to replace Eboue, but because Wenger thought Eboue would make a great winger. He even compared him to Garrincha.
No - you are speaking about what you know little of. Eboue HIMSELF gave a video interview on Arsenal.com saying he had serious defensive deficiencies hence the need for Sagna to be brought in. It will do you good to notice that Eboue's injury hit season prior to Sagna coming in meant Wenger couldn't risk having a 'first choice' RB always injured - it goes against the idea of defensive stability.

It is quite obvious that Eboue's poor form has only coincided with his deployment to the right-wing.
No - Eboue had only the 05/06 season to talk about, when has his form been good after that? 

Eboue is a top quality right-back, an attacking one, with 5 lungs and the ability to work the whole right-flank from goal-line to goal-line. He is defensively sound and an amazing athlete. 

He is ok, not quite top quality if you ask me, going round Eboue is easier than catching Ade offside.  grin grin grin He does know how to work the goal-line, but his delivery is atrocious.

If Sagna wasn't at Arsenal, Eboue would settle comfortably back into his old role and still be one of the best right-backs in the prem.
Best RBs? I don't think so.

All the other right-backs I mentioned have nothing on Eboue. Glen Johnson is a mistake waiting to happen. Arbeloa is physically weak and has nothing to offer going forward. Habib Beye is injury prone. Zuiverloon is up and coming. Corluka started like a train on fire but his form has dipped at Tottenham. Paintsil is still redeeming his battered reputation from his West Ham days and Wes Brown is the eternal sicknote. None of these players would ever impress the whole of Europe like Eboue did.
Eboue had ONE good season - a flash in the pan performance (not even a full season mind you - he only stepped in when Lauren got injured) is not sufficient to make these definitive comments over. He had a good start, but it could easily have been a false dawn - it's down to Eboue to prove himself.

I have a problem with Arsenal fans (of which Debosky is the main culprit), which is their predilection to riding the bandwagon. They do not remove themselves from the situation and accurately analyse players, they just jump on the bandwagon like some bovine creatures. A lot of them Arsenal players are underperforming twats, yet they will pick on ONE player and destroy his confidence, booing him from start to finish like a mindless hate mob.
You are a dimwit. Is it my fault that Eboue cannot control the ball often and makes the worst passes in the team?  I have never jumped on any bandwagon - If I did, I'd have joined the Bendtner hate-fest here. I backed the lad, castigated him when he went wrong (but still backed him) and he is coming good. SONG had ZERO confidence, but when fans tore into him, he realised he wasn't at some tea-party and got his act together. Very soon Song shall have his own song (no pun intended) composed by the greatest fans in the world.

Yes, Eboue frustrated on the right-wing. Suddenly, Eboue is a hate-figure at Arsenal. Flamini used to be a hate-figure, as did Alex Song. Diaby is currently copping it. Ade is copping it, maybe for just reasons, but the hatred toward him is not in keeping with his iniquities.
You are a retard. When was Flamini a hate figure? People were disappointed that he was not performing, how is that hate? So we should mollycoddle players simply to prove that we don't 'hate' them?

Eboue didn't frustrate - he lost the ability to do BASIC things on the pitch, and at a time of general frustration, his was the last straw. Diaby? He's been cut a lot of slack - given a whole season to recuperate from a broken ankle, people hoping that this would be his 'breakthrough' year, but even Song with arguably less potential is now more assured of a place in the team. Song was worse than dog's turd when he went on loan to Charlton, but he's improved. I don't understand how fans will not castigate players not pulling their weight.

It is all down to the players - PROVE US WRONG.

Ade's iniquities are not really 'performance' based - he had a decent goal return, it's his attitude and comments about fans that have finished him.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 12:18am On Jun 21, 2009
debosky:

No - Eboue had only the 05/06 season to talk about, when has his form been good after that?

Rubbish, you have said it yourself that his 06/07 was injury hit. Despite that he impressed, even picking up a player of the month award.

debosky:

Best RBs? I don't think so.

I am still waiting for you to name one better apart from Bosingwa and Sagna!

debosky:

You are a dimwit. Is it my fault that Eboue cannot control the ball often and makes the worst passes in the team? .

Rubbish! How do you expect him to control the ball when a hate-mob is baying for his blood? Do you expect him to pass the ball like Denilson when he is a right-back playing in midfield. Of course, he would look out of place, especially in Arsenals uber-passing structure.

debosky:

You are a retard. When was Flamini a hate figure? People were disappointed that he was not performing, how is that hate? So we should mollycoddle players simply to prove that we don't 'hate' them?.

Only someone who lacks foresight would claim that Flamini was not performing. As far as I was concerned, I was always impressed with Flamini. I saw him as a good squad player, yet Arsenal fans loved talking rubbish about him. You would not hear that level of antagonism toward a squad player like Belletti etc.

debosky:

Song was worse than dog's turd when he went on loan to Charlton, but he's improved. I don't understand how fans will not castigate players not pulling their weight.?.

You are a nincompoop. Song was FAR AND ABOVE the best player at Charlton. He was highly praised for his exquisite passing (funny enough, something we are yet to see at Arsenal). Astute observers have commented on his loan spell at Charlton: http://thegoonerforum./2008/06/07/alexandre-song-finally-blossomed/

You need to start watching football with your eyes, not forming opinions from that idiot Myles P. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 12:27am On Jun 21, 2009
Ibime:

Rubbish, you have said it yourself that his 06/07 was injury hit. Despite that he impressed, even picking up a player of the month award.
So basically, he had less than half of 05/06 and one good month in 06/07, is that enough for you?

I am still waiting for you to name one better apart from Bosingwa and Sagna!
I am avoiding going down this route, it will distract from the current debate.

Rubbish! How do you expect him to control the ball when a hate-mob is baying for his blood? Do you expect him to pass the ball like Denilson when he is a right-back playing in midfield. Of course, he would look out of place, especially in Arsenals uber-passing structure.
No one was baying for his blood in away games, still he stunk up the house there as well. He lost his basic footie skills, and it wasn't down to booing.

Only someone who lacks foresight would claim that Flamini was not performing. As far as I was concerned, I was always impressed with Flamini. I saw him as a good squad player, yet Arsenal fans loved talking rubbish about him. You would not hear that level of antagonism toward a squad player like Belletti etc.
Flamini wasn't performing at expected levels for a first teamer - if Ade for one was a squad player, then no one would boo him, but for your 'top dog' better is expected. Besides, no one booed Flamini, so where this 'hate figure' notion of yours is coming from is unknown to me. Look back on Arsenal threads, no one ever hated on him, not on nairaland at least (not till he was called Flamoney for leaving. grin)

You are a nincompoop. Song was FAR AND ABOVE the best player at Charlton. He was highly praised for his exquisite passing (funny enough, something we are yet to see at Arsenal). Astute observers have commented on his loan spell at Charlton: http://thegoonerforum./2008/06/07/alexandre-song-finally-blossomed/

You need to start watching football with your eyes, not forming opinions from that idiot Myles P. grin
You misunderstand, maybe I wasn't clear - at the point he was sent on loan, he was turd, but while at Charlton he improved. I'll be the last person to deny his improvement.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 12:46am On Jun 21, 2009
debosky:
Eboue had ONE good season - a flash in the pan performance

A flash in the pan who has never played poorly at right-back over any prolonged period. I wouldn't call that a 'flash in the pan'. I'd say he has a 100% success record at his favourite position!

You lack critical reasoning skills.

debosky:

So basically, he had less than half of 05/06 and one good month in 06/07, is that enough for you?

You are a retard. Is POTM mutually exclusive of good performance in the rest of the season?

Can you categorically say his 06/07 was poor? Of course not! Only Gary Neville and Pascal Chimbonda bettered him in that season.

I am still waiting for you to tell me when Eboue had a poor string of games at right-back!

We are talking about his capabilities as a right-back here and NOTHING ELSE!

They say Eboue's form improved toward the end of the season. If I remember correctly, Sagna was injured at the end of the season and Eboue was back in his natural position.

debosky:

I am avoiding going down this route, it will distract from the current debate.

You simply cannot make a definitive case for it. Your folly dawns on you when you consider the qualities of other right-backs in the prem and actually realise that Eboue is arguably one of the best right-backs in the prem.

debosky:

No one was baying for his blood in away games, still he stunk up the house there as well. He lost his basic footie skills, and it wasn't down to booing. .

I am not interested in his performances in midfield. Besides, confidence is not something you snap in and out of depending on if you're playing home or away.

I even venture to say that Eboue was competent at worst in midfield last year, forming part of a midfield who led the premiership for 3/4 of the season. Whilst many criticised his final delivery, he still did a decent job in midfield. Arsenal fans were slowly grumbling away in the background about his attitude/spitting/slapping/hotheadedness/final delivery till it reached a crescendo this season. It was only when the grumbles started turning into full-scale booing that Eboue completely lost his form. I add that NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS CAN BAKARY SAGNA PLAY IN MIDFIELD TO THE LEVEL EBOUE PLAYED IN 07/08, despite doubts about his decision-making in the final third.  tongue

The writer of the piece below sums the Eboue problem up perfectly:

http://www.soccernews.com/eboue-to-leave-arsenal-opinion-will-be-divided/20133/
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 1:06am On Jun 21, 2009
I could remember been murked by someone on this thread a while back when i stated Eboue's loss of form coincided with his been moved further up the pitch.

At a point,i could remember Wenger even toyed with the idea of Eboue as a DM during the Emirate Cup i think.

Eboue's forte may not be his defensive ability(his recovery rate after most of his surging runs doesn't leave much to be desired),but to say Eboue's crosses are bad is a tad folly(Debo cast your mind back to the match against the scummies at the Emirate during Henry's last season here.That winning goal by Henry and the pin-point cross by Eboue.).Sagna and Clichy are worse ball-crossers compared to this dude.

And as per his off-target shots,how many of our players,even the mid-fielders can shoot on target to save thier lives? undecided

That said i will like us to keep him as our own O'Shea abeg grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 1:18am On Jun 21, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

@Chacal
dont mind Debosky jare  embarassed

Debo has issues. grin

I wonder whether he wasnt here after the UECL let-down that I admitted that CESC and ADE were the worst culprits for this season, like u said its always a skin thing - - -did it not happen to Etoo, Drogba and now Ade ?

African players can never win and it's a shame our own people buy into the fact that the Africans should be made scapegoats.
The British media blamed Didier Drogba for John Terry's penalty miss in Moscow.
How was it Drogba's fault that John Terry slipped and missed?

I wonder why peeps would be mentioning Torres in an Arsenal set-up . . .do these people really believe its just any forward that can perform well in an Arsenal set-up ? Baptista anyone ? Reyes ?

Francis Jeffers!!!

all this talk of large size of Manure squad is it the fault of Ade ? WENGER SHOULD TAKE THE BLAME FOR THE RECESSION IN THE CLUB just like we have had many coaches sacked for lesser cogent reasons  cool

I blame Wenger 100%. Nothing to do with the players.
Wenger's squad/choice of players and his team selection should be questioned.

The problem is Debo has certain players he loves and would do his best to make them look good at the expense of probably better players . . .
Diaby is a wastepipe whilst Bendtner is wondeful . . .Debo are u ok ?

I can't be bovvered with Debosky's erections for some certain Arsenal players. He should desist from putting others down to hype his relics.
How can Bendtner even be mentioned in the same breath as Adebayor?

Eboue wins more free-kicks in the team, dive or no dive, yet he aint good enuff, have u tot of the fact that AW hasnt effectively utilised him since Sagna got into the team ?

Eboue is a very decent RB. . . . . .He is confident in possession and runs with the ball a lot.
Wenger damaged his confidence when he moved him further up the field.
It's like playing O'Shea or Wes Brown as a winger. . . . . .To make things worse, Wenger even played him as a left winger.

DO WE STILL SELL SONG . . .MR DEBOSKY ?  grin  grin idiot !  tongue

Haba. . . . . . .Don't call Debosky an idiot. . . . ."Ninny" will do. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 3:08pm On Jun 21, 2009
Anything and everything is news in these days of extreme monotony so i bring you. . . . . . .

Diaby wants to reach the next level

http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/Football/2009/06/21/Prem-Diabys-personal-trainer/gnid-57766/

Instead of spending his holiday on the beach, Arsenal’s Abou Diaby is working on his fitness with famous French personal trainer Renaud Longuevre.

The Gunners midfielder has opted against resting this summer, as he wants to gain muscle power and reach the next level, Longuevre has revealed.

As a consequence, the France international, who has been widely compared to Patrick Vieira, will practice with the track and field trainer for four weeks.

“When I feel that a sportsman is ready to give it all in order to reach a stage, it suits me,” Longuevre told Les Dessous du Sport.

“He is motivated and wants to reach the next stage on the physical level.”

He added: “The English league is very demanding; as a consequence his objective is to improve physically in order to be stronger and more resistant.

“He wants to be stronger in challenges. That is why he needs more muscle power.”

I personally appreciate his effort in trying to improve his physican conditioning BUT doesn't Diably already have the physical presence and only refuse to impose himself?

All in al,l i wish him the best and hope he sorts his indecision while on the ball while he his at it too.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 8:53pm On Jun 21, 2009
@kay - maybe AW told Diaby that he will be playing as a DM next season

BTW - all this arguement abt Eboue shld stop abeg, the dude does not derserve it,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 11:19am On Jun 22, 2009
I hope for Diaby's sake that he can gain increased stamina/fitness and get injured less often.

Frankly I think his greatest problem is mental attitude - if he can consciously aim to deliver the same level of performance week in week out, then I think that would go a long way to solving his problems.

@ Sarong & Kit, I'll leave the Ade talk for now, but I shall be back!! cool

Regarding Eboue? As far as I'm concerned, he had ~1 good season, and that's it. He needs to step up, regardless of where he is played. Cut out the diving and histrionics and learn to produce more end product.

To those talking about 'damaged confidence', was Belletti not a defender in Barca before being pushed into midfield for Chelski? Movement of a player should not result in complete disintegration of all ability.

I'll be back to discuss our new signing in more detail.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 12:26pm On Jun 22, 2009
debosky:

@ Sarong & Kit, I'll leave the Ade talk for now, but I shall be back!! cool

Regarding Eboue? As far as I'm concerned, he had ~1 good season, and that's it. He needs to step up, regardless of where he is played. Cut out the diving and histrionics and learn to produce more end product.

His diving has helped Arsenal more than it has harmed em.
No Eboue, no Arsenal. . . . . . .In short, Wenger should get sacked if he sells Eboue.

To those talking about 'damaged confidence', was Belletti not a defender in Barca before being pushed into midfield for Chelski? Movement of a player should not result in complete disintegration of all ability.

Not every full back can play in the midfield. . . . . .This point is hollow.
Do u really think Bacary Sagna can play on the right side of a midfield?

I'll be back to discuss our new signing in more detail.

This signing is dud. . . . . .Wenger needs 3 defensive midfielders not a defender.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 12:29pm On Jun 22, 2009
~Sauron~:

His diving has helped Arsenal more than it has harmed em.
No Eboue, no Arsenal. . . . . . .In short, Wenger should get sacked if he sells Eboue.
What help? His dive brought us bad karma which is why we lost the CL final. tongue

Not every full back can play in the midfield. . . . . .This point is hollow.
Do u really think Bacary Sagna can play on the right side of a midfield?
You miss the point - this is not about being outstanding in midfield, it was his failure to do the basics - control the ball and pass it accurately. Even if you are a defender played as an attacker, you shouldn't lose your ball control or ability to pass!!

This signing is dud. . . . . .Wenger needs 3 defensive midfielders not a defender.
Why do we need THREE DM's? Or are you high on Manure again?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 12:37pm On Jun 22, 2009
debosky:

What help? His dive brought us bad karma which is why we lost the CL final. tongue

Without his dive, Arsenal wouldn't have scored.
Eboue's dive produced Arsenal's FIRST and ONLY goal in a CL final. grin grin grin grin

You miss the point - this is not about being outstanding in midfield, it was his failure to do the basics - control the ball and pass it accurately. Even if you are a defender played as an attacker, you shouldn't lose your ball control or ability to pass!!

Debosky, stop talking like a ninny.
It's very difficult to control the ball and pass accurately in the midfield.
U cannot compare Sagna's pass to his defenders in the back four where no pressure is applied by the opposition to Eboue who is in the thick of the action. Eboue is not a midfielder(Wenger's ITK killed Eboue).

Why do we need THREE DM's? Or are you high on Manure again?

Cos u need to replace Lass, Flamini and Gilberto Silva.
I saw Gilberto Silva last night with a majestic performance against the Azzurris and i was wondering why Wenger sold him.
Seriously, Wenger is a dork.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 12:51pm On Jun 22, 2009
Debo, HNIIC and other guns . what do you make of this ?

Onto today, so now we have Vermaelen on board there goes the supposed budget, I don’t believe it for one minute, but for the sake of this post, let’s say it’s true, so is that the end of it then? How about this for a great way around the problems.

Eboue wants out and PSG are interested, so why not swap him plus a little cash for Sakho?

Toure wants out and Man City want him so what about a straight swap with Richards, he hasn’t spoken to Hughes for 3 months, they hate each other, we need a centre back and he’s an Arsenal fan, happy days.

Adebayor has Chelsea after him, why not swap him for John Obi Mikel and Alex?

Senderos wants to play in Italy and we want Melo, so why not swap him plus cash? That would work.

Gallas is wanted by Marseille and we want Cana, same deal.

We could then sell the fringe players like Randall, Simpson and a few others and pick up the shortfall, we still have £3 million left from the Vermaelen purchase. Now in that little lot we have at least two of our problem positions taken care of and no real money would change hands so why wouldn’t we consider it? That’s just the sort of thing that Gazidas could do and the mentioned players we could out would all get their wishes, there’s no point in keeping players that want to go and we would have the squad we have been dreaming about.

I’m not saying buy them all, but two from that lot would be easy peasy. Or am I doing the wishful thinking bit?

We would also be saving a bunch off the wage bill as three of those players are well paid, no one loses faith and we keep players like Robin and Cesc happy, hey who knows, we may even win the league with that line up!

Finally Jose Antonio Reyes is being dumped by Benfica, Athletico don’t want him back and he’s going for €6.5mil, perhaps we should have him back, he was a classy winger and he did get on well with Cesc, any takers

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (101)

UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 / Chelsea Vs Manchester United: FA Cup Final (1 - 0) On 19th May 2018 / Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (3 - 0) On 6th May 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 235
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.