Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,449 members, 7,846,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:03 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (70773 Views)

Poll: Do You Want Ade To Leave Arsenal FC?

Yes - Sell him immediately: 28% (17 votes)
Yes - Use the money to strengthen the team: 41% (25 votes)
No - Ade has been maltreated by the press: 10% (6 votes)
Not unless he is replaced, I will be sad to see him go: 18% (11 votes)
Unsure: 1% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Krayola(m): 2:16pm On Jun 18, 2009
I have a question for ARsenal fans?

WHy do y'all want Adbayor out? I don't get it. I think he has been great for u. .  even last season he had 16 goals in 29 starts despite his injuries, and the other absences in the team. I did some calculations and his goals: shots numbers are almost , and in one case, as good as Torres and Eto'o.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 2:41pm On Jun 18, 2009
Krayola:

I have a question for ARsenal fans?
[b]
WHy do y'all want Adbayor out? [/b]I don't get it. I think he has been great for u. .  even last season he had 16 goals in 29 games despite his injuries, and the other absences in the team. I did some calculations and his goals: shots numbers are almost , and in one case, as good as Torres and Eto'o.

1. He had the temerity to go on BBC and INSULT the fans (the people who pay his wages) Would you keep an employee that insults you? NO

2. He LIED to the whole club about not wanting to leave last season, does he take us for fools? Why not admit you really wanted to leave then rethought your decision?

3. He has ZERO comprehension of the offside rule - he probably goes offside more than he has shots on goal. Such a thick player is not suited to being at Arsenal FC

4. He is a wasteful plank - any other striker with his type of support/feed would score 30+ goals each season.

5. His attitude was PISS POOR last season - he got an improved deal (over double his previous pay) and he repays the club with lethargic performances and 'big man' football when he hasn't won anything for the club.

6. He has very little sense - how can a 'top' striker claim he cannot be expected to score against Vidic, Rio and Terry if playing by himself upfront? He said this, in a self defeatist manner - we want people with winning mentality at Arsenal FC, not people who feel they won't score and then put in lazy performances to match that

7. His frequent talking about other clubs - Milan, Barcelona, etc. We want loyalty - not any stories about Beyonce. If you can't be focused on the job at hand, it will tell in your performances.

Ade is an ok player, I'd even say very good, given his obvious limitations. But his attitude, mindset and behaviour are COMPLETELY unacceptable. If you go back to the 2007/2008 season, I was one of his greatest fans, but he has rubbished all that and deserves to be sold.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by frankogbu(m): 3:09pm On Jun 18, 2009
And our transfer target, Felipe Melo scores for Brazil. Cant wait to have him in our fold.

God bless Arsenal FC
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 18, 2009
We sign Vermealen, Melo, Mahmadou Sarhko, one more forward . . . get rid of Walcott, Diaby, Eboue and Denilson and i'm set for the season.

Go Arsenal!

And pls bring back Senderos.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 4:02pm On Jun 18, 2009
its one thing to be naming those we want and another thing for AW to listen undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 18, 2009
Well we can be hopeful . . . we've got Vermealen . . . Melo hopefully next. Pls Arsene! I cant go through next season not being confident we can match Chelsea strength for strength. Man U look weak now.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 4:42pm On Jun 18, 2009
Chelsea will be the terror for next season . . . MAN UTD ? i doubt!!!

@ David - is it 100% certain that AW had signed T.Vermealen??
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 18, 2009
allboyz:

Chelsea will be the terror for next season . . . MAN UTD ? i doubt!!!

@ David - is it 100% certain that AW had signed T.Vermealen??

He says he's having a medical. Fingers crossed.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 4:58pm On Jun 18, 2009
davidylan:

He says he's having a medical. Fingers crossed.
What if he fails the medical grin grin lipsrsealed
Some dude failed his medical not too long ago because of his tooth shocked shocked shocked
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by sirwebs(m): 6:43pm On Jun 18, 2009
I'm digging this Melo guy. He's energetic, got pace & his positioning isn't bad. He can play as DM for us or CM in a 4-5-1. Hope we get him. Heard Senderos might be included in a possible deal.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 7:06pm On Jun 18, 2009
I fear that while other clubs have mapped out strategies to strenghten their sides,AW will still be playing Russian roulette with buy decisions till the transfer window closes.He should listen to AA23,go out and buy match winners and the Arsenal will be ready to compete,till that is done ,our young Guns will continue to only gun for the top spot till their young bones begin to get wearied by the much-touted injury angel or by outright injuries,no thanks to hard tackling opponents.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 7:15pm On Jun 18, 2009
debosky:

1. He had the temerity to go on BBC and INSULT the fans (the people who pay his wages) Would you keep an employee that insults you? NO

2. He LIED to the whole club about not wanting to leave last season, does he take us for fools? Why not admit you really wanted to leave then rethought your decision?

3. He has ZERO comprehension of the offside rule - he probably goes offside more than he has shots on goal. Such a thick player is not suited to being at Arsenal FC

4. He is a wasteful plank - any other striker with his type of support/feed would score 30+ goals each season.

5. His attitude was PISS POOR last season - he got an improved deal (over double his previous pay) and he repays the club with lethargic performances and 'big man' football when he hasn't won anything for the club.

6. He has very little sense - how can a 'top' striker claim he cannot be expected to score against Vidic, Rio and Terry if playing by himself upfront? He said this, in a self defeatist manner - we want people with winning mentality at Arsenal FC, not people who feel they won't score and then put in lazy performances to match that

7. His frequent talking about other clubs - Milan, Barcelona, etc. We want loyalty - not any stories about Beyonce. If you can't be focused on the job at hand, it will tell in your performances.

Ade is an ok player, I'd even say very good, given his obvious limitations. But his attitude, mindset and behaviour are COMPLETELY unacceptable. If you go back to the 2007/2008 season, I was one of his greatest fans, but he has rubbished all that and deserves to be sold.

@dobo-dobo

loads and loads of bunkum  tongue

the simple questions are ; how many Arsenal players play as devotedly as Adebayor does on his good day ?

how many of the players are gunners at heart ?

how many of the players in Arsenal FC have any ounce of winning mentality in them when push comes to shove ?

when its about players and their careers why dont we ever want them to express themselves, their aspirations and their fears cos of love for our club ?

must we in the name of patriotism always arm-twist players even when their heart seem to be no longer with us ?

is comparing Beyonce and AC MILAN any bad thing to do, considering the fact that even KAKA made glorious remarks about Man United and his possible movement there the same week ?

what do u mean by he LIED to the whole club on his wanting to leave or not ? dont u know the intrigues involved in transfers and agency brick-bats ? SOME OF U NEED TO TAKE COURSES IN FOOTBALL AGENCY: TRANSFERS AND MANAGEMENT BEFORE U COME SPITTING RUBBISH HERE  angry

is every striker a Drogba that can play very well alone upfront all alone ? didnt even Henry fail in the same pattern over the period where he had no support ?

is he the worst striker when it comes to offsides ? dont u just know a player called INZAGHI ?

must u always be DUMB ?  undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 7:40pm On Jun 18, 2009
Bros KIT - are a Gunner fans or a mere ADE fan? kidding grin grin grin

BTW - did we make any bid Melo ?? i mean officially now and not the Newspaper rumors . . shocked angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 7:42pm On Jun 18, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

@dobo-dobo

loads and loads of bunkum  tongue

the simple questions are ; how many Arsenal players play as devotedly as Adebayor does on his good day ?
Clichy, Kolo, Sagna, Almunia, Cesc, RVP, Arshavin, Wilshere, Walcott, Nasri. . . need I go on? Ade had too few good days, he is no longer interested.

how many of the players are gunners at heart ?
Why does this matter? Do you have to be a 'gunner at heart' to respect fans? What rubbish.

how many of the players in Arsenal FC have any ounce of winning mentality in them when push comes to shove ?
Kindly tell me ONE thing Ade has won in his career.

when its about players and their careers why dont we ever want them to express themselves, their aspirations and their fears cos of love for our club ?
Express yourself but don't be STUPID and insult fans

must we in the name of patriotism always arm-twist players even when their heart seem to be no longer with us ?
If your heart isn't with the club, LEAVE and don't talk bunkum.

is comparing Beyonce and AC MILAN any bad thing to do, considering the fact that even KAKA made glorious remarks about Man United and his possible movement there the same week ?
That is the least of the sins

what do u mean by he LIED to the whole club on his wanting to leave or not ? dont u know the intrigues involved in transfers and agency brick-bats ? SOME OF U NEED TO TAKE COURSES IN FOOTBALL AGENCY: TRANSFERS AND MANAGEMENT BEFORE U COME SPITTING RUBBISH HERE  angry

You are a goat. Did Kolo not admit he wanted to leave? WHy is ADE so STUPID that he cannot tell the truth? Who does he think he is fooling?  

is every striker a Drogba that can play very well alone upfront all alone ? didnt even Henry fail in the same pattern over the period where he had no support ?

Then he isn't good enough for us.  tongue

is he the worst striker when it comes to offsides ? dont u just know a player called INZAGHI ?
He is the worst at Arsenal and we don't deal with such. He is a dumbkop.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 7:46pm On Jun 18, 2009
debosky:

I don't think Enyeama is better than Fabianski - if he is, why is he still in Israel and not been bought by other clubs?

You should know that most of the wonder-buys come from the less spectacular leagues of this world.Talking about Israel,remember Yak was in Israel before making a switch to the EPL,and from his sojourn thus far,it's safe to say he's among the top 15 finishers in the EPL,you know what that says.

Really where a players plys his trade,amongst other factors,also depends on happenstance

Finally,not that I'm rooting for a particular player to be bought,as I'm sure AW will almost certainly not hear me (not after I shouted myself hoarse during the January transfer window with calls for AW to but this DM or that playmaker,ALL TO NO AVAIL),I only pray he strenghtens the squad at least so we can have a fair chance of winning silverware that are long overdue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by switch47(m): 7:56pm On Jun 18, 2009
Barclays Premier League Table
Monday, 8 June 2009 20:54 UK
P GD PTS
1 Arsenal 0 0 0
2 Aston Villa 0 0 0
3 Birmingham 0 0 0
4 Blackburn 0 0 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 Bolton 0 0 0
6 Burnley 0 0 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 Chelsea 0 0 0
8 Everton 0 0 0
9 Fulham 0 0 0
10 Hull 0 0 0
11 Liverpool 0 0 0
12 Man City 0 0 0
13 Man Utd 0 0 0
14 Portsmouth 0 0 0
15 Stoke 0 0 0
16 Sunderland 0 0 0
17 Tottenham 0 0 0

18 West Ham 0 0 0
19 Wigan 0 0 0
20 Wolverhampton 0 0 0

Arsenal is currently NUMBER ONE ON THE TABLE ALPHABETICALY grin grin Isnt that wonderfull? Aston villa and Blackburn, and birmigham for alphabetical champions league. grin grin anyway good luck to arsenal next season.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 8:39pm On Jun 18, 2009
the Ajax captain may be an Arsenal player tomorrow . . .

i dont like this player . .11.5M that's much . .why not hangeland?

Valemen is a "small" guy . . .just like toure . .or Kolo is even bigger than him . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by yousouph(m): 9:30pm On Jun 18, 2009
Valemen work rates, alertness and quick thinking may cover for his height. Tallness doesn't makes you the best defender but an advantage. Lets wait and see how he copes with rigours of the EPL
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 9:39pm On Jun 18, 2009
I really want to see who's leaving so I know what's left of the thin squad
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 9:13am On Jun 19, 2009
rasputinn:

I really want to see who's leaving so I know what's left of the thin squad
It's very UNArsenal.
No one has come out saying outrightly that he's leaving.
unlike last year when Hleb and Ade's agents were frolicking with the press linking their player with all the big clubs.
In fact, Flamini had left same time last year.
What's happenning?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 9:15am On Jun 19, 2009
HNIC:

It's very UNArsenal.
unlike last year when Hleb and Ade's agents were frolicking with the press linking their player with all the big clubs.
What's happening?
Two things - no one had a really outstanding season for them to feel so bold to demand a transfer. Secondly, it might finally be sinking into their heads that they are not nearly as good as some of them think and there is plenty of hard work required to be the best.

One other reason could be because the big clubs are still chasing the biggest players - when those are taken maybe the small fry at Arsenal will start moaning again.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by sexyboy(m): 9:43am On Jun 19, 2009
HNIC:

It's very UNArsenal.
What's happenning?

Why must anybody leave? A squad that stays together win things together. wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by sirwebs(m): 10:20am On Jun 19, 2009
Somebody pls remind the Ajax captain to brush his teeth this morn. And no cadbury's until 5pm.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 10:23am On Jun 19, 2009
sirwebs:

Somebody pls remind the Ajax captain to brush his teeth this morn. And no cadbury's until 5pm.

grin grin grin

Abeg no kill me o! Not everyone is Cisokho grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 10:51am On Jun 19, 2009
sexyboy:

Why must anybody leave? A squad that stays together win things together. wink

Nah you are so wrong!
Ruud Van-Horse-Roy, Veron and Heinze all left United, and it didnt stop them from swelling the OT trophy cabinet with trophies
If a squad member wants to leave, fine, it wont stop the one's left from winning trophies! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 2:04pm On Jun 19, 2009
and why's AW silent on Silvestre? or are there not clubs bidding for him? if no clubs are bidding . . .then lets give him out for free . . .instead of wasting our money for his wages . . . angry angry angry angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 2:28pm On Jun 19, 2009
allboyz:

and why's AW silent on Silvestre? or are there not clubs bidding for him? if no clubs are bidding . . .then lets give him out for free . . .instead of wasting our money for his wages . . . angry angry angry angry
Ha ha ha
I am not sure Silvestre earns more than Gavin Hoyte or Jay E-Thomas grin grin.
He has a year left on his contract.
Abeg, he can stay if he wants to stay as long as he doesn't play.
He can be cracking jokes in the dressing room to liven up the spirit on match day! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by yousouph(m): 3:14pm On Jun 19, 2009
Who says Syvestre will not be useful and or improve in the upcoming season. I doubt AW will sell him and the only likely player to leave Emirate is Ade.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 5:21pm On Jun 19, 2009
Introducing Thomas Vermaelen.
One down.
Two or three more to go.
I can't remember when last we signed by 3rd week of June!

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 5:23pm On Jun 19, 2009
Thomas Vermaelen completes move to Arsenal

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/thomas-vermaelen-completes-move-to-arsenal

Now go and get Felipe Melo, Arsène.

Gooners Para Siempre
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 6:15pm On Jun 19, 2009
Finally Debo's uncle signed one cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 6:19pm On Jun 19, 2009
Good news
Who next? grin
tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (101)

UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 / Chelsea Vs Manchester United: FA Cup Final (1 - 0) On 19th May 2018 / Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (3 - 0) On 6th May 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.