Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,796 members, 7,851,682 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:23 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (70892 Views)

Poll: Do You Want Ade To Leave Arsenal FC?

Yes - Sell him immediately: 28% (17 votes)
Yes - Use the money to strengthen the team: 41% (25 votes)
No - Ade has been maltreated by the press: 10% (6 votes)
Not unless he is replaced, I will be sad to see him go: 18% (11 votes)
Unsure: 1% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 6:23pm On Jun 19, 2009
make una prrraaaiiiiissseee da Lord oh! cheesy

Arsenal.com says he's 6ft tall, no 5'11'' or 6'1' so at least we know he's not the tallest dude in the world.

This is the earliest signing we've had since I think Rozzi way back, so it's definitely a good sign of things to come - a DM and a striker (if Ade goes) and I will be content for the start of the new season! cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by sirwebs(m): 7:04pm On Jun 19, 2009
I'm positive we will get Felipe Melo. I think Silvestre should stay. He might come in handy during during the ANC.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by No2Atheism(m): 7:13pm On Jun 19, 2009
sirwebs:

I'm positive we will get Felipe Melo. I think Silvestre should stay. He might come in handy during during the ANC.

Wat shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked i think u are drinking too much diet coke , hence a loss of needed calories.

Song is better than silvestre
Sell Silvestre to anybody and use the money to increase Arshavin's salary to cover the tax problem.

Keep Gallas
Keep Toure
Keep Vermealean
Buy Hangeland

Let all four of them fight for their place this coming season.  Anyone of them that falls short can be sold next season.

-------------------

Buy Melo.
Move Fabrgas back into central midfield.

-----------

Sell Adebayor to anybody and buy a proper striker that would compete with Eduardo.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by chuckdee4(m): 7:39pm On Jun 19, 2009
What happens to Senderos, we do need some some solid/decent cover for the ANC

I reckon AW should leave Silvestre to see out d rest of his contract
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 7:40pm On Jun 19, 2009
No2Atheism:

Wat shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked  i think u are drinking too much diet coke , hence a loss of needed calories.

Song is better than silvestre
Sell Silvestre to anybody and use the money to increase Arshavin's salary to cover the tax problem.

Keep Gallas
Keep Toure
Keep Vermealean
Buy Hangeland

Let all four of them fight for their place this coming season.  Anyone of them that falls short can be sold next season.

-------------------

Buy Melo.
Move Fabrgas back into central midfield.

-----------

Sell Adebayor to anybody and buy a proper striker that would compete with Eduardo.

[size=30pt]
SECONDED[/size]

VERY CORRECT !!!!

@ FAITHFULS . . .im not still happy about this signing oooo   this guy cost around 12M and Hangeland is just 10M+ With prem experience . . .

well . .he's signed already . . lets buy a DM + 1 WORLD CLASS STRIKER NOW!!!!!! tongue tongue tongue tongue

what is his JERSEY NUMBER
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 7:44pm On Jun 19, 2009
Something keeps telling me Hangeland could prove to be a shit potential signing
I am still coy on Vermaelen! undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 7:47pm On Jun 19, 2009
[size=20pt]  Arsenal confirm Vermaelen signing [/size]
[/quote]

Arsenal have completed the signing of Belgium defender Thomas Vermaelen from Ajax in a deal worth up to £10m.

The 23-year-old centre-back is a regular at international level and made his debut for Belgium in March 2006.

"Thomas is a great signing for Arsenal and we are all delighted that he is joining us," Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger told the club's website.

"He is a solid performer with good experience of Champions League and Uefa Cup football."

Vermaelen made his debut for Ajax at the age of 18 and made 143 appearances for the side as he worked his way up to become club captain.

"Firstly, I have to say that I'm sad to be leaving Ajax and I would just like to thank everyone for their help and friendship towards me over the past eight years," he said.

"I'm just so happy to be joining Arsenal. This is a great club with a world-class manager, high-quality players and a fantastic stadium.

"Everything is set up for Arsenal to be very successful for years to come.

"I have had a good taste of the Champions League during my time with Ajax and this is something I am looking forward to experiencing again with Arsenal.

"I'm also looking forward to playing in the English Premier League, which for me, is the best league in the world. Also, I just want to assure the Arsenal fans that I will give everything for this club and I hope we can enjoy winning some trophies together next season."

The defender won the Dutch league in 2004 but leaves Ajax after a disappointing campaign that saw his side finish third in the Eredivisie and out of the Champions League qualifying places.

Since making his international debut in a 2-0 win away to Luxembourg in March 2006, Vermaelen has made 21 appearances for Belgium.

His signing comes after manager Arsene Wenger admitted in a shareholders meeting in May that his side must shore up their defence if they are to close an 18-point gap between themselves and the top of the league.

"In the passing quality in the final third and in the opposition half, we are as good as Manchester United," he said.

"We have conceded more goals and that is where the difference lies; we have conceded 36, they have conceded 24."
[quote]

LINK:    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/8109969.stm

After reading that which is in bold . . .my spirit got lifted . . . grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 7:59pm On Jun 19, 2009
I still could not believe AW had signed Vermaelen till I saw it on the clubs website
Now that he acted fast on this signing,hope he isn't thinking of going to sleep just yet as we still need a DM and a world class striker,adding another left or right fullback will be a good idea just in case

As good as this piece of news is,we must not get carried away,AW still has at least TWO more quality signings to make for us to say we are really serious about putting an end to the silverware drought we've been having
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 8:02pm On Jun 19, 2009
debosky:

Clichy, Kolo, Sagna, Almunia, Cesc, RVP, Arshavin, Wilshere, Walcott, Nasri. . . need I go on? Ade had too few good days, he is no longer interested.
Why does this matter? Do you have to be a 'gunner at heart' to respect fans? What rubbish.
Kindly tell me ONE thing Ade has won in his career.
Express yourself but don't be STUPID and insult fans
If your heart isn't with the club, LEAVE and don't talk bunkum.
That is the least of the sins

You are a goat. Did Kolo not admit he wanted to leave? WHy is ADE so STUPID that he cannot tell the truth? Who does he think he is fooling?  

Then he isn't good enough for us.  tongue
He is the worst at Arsenal and we don't deal with such. He is a dumbkop.

This is the annoying thing about u, u just like rambling rubbish as it if comes so cheap which I dont doubt it does to u anyway  angry

if Clichy and Sagna, Wilshire, Toure played as devotedly as the likes of Fletcher, Carrick and Vidic ARSENAL WOULD HAVE WON THE LAST EPL  cool

u are asking me what Ade has won in his career ? WHAT HAS THE WHOLE OF THE ASSEMBLAGE OF WENGER'S KIDS WON ? why did we have some idiots celebrating Cesc winning the Euro cup last year ? sad u will agree  cry

u said he is insulting the fans; what exactly did he say ? he said he didnt like the fact that they werent singing his praise like before . . .how does that amount to insulting the fans ? why cant we make an excuse for him and agree that he derives motivation from positive chants from the stands ?  

at worse, why dont we just agree that HE DOESNT KNOW HOW TO EXPRESS HIMSELF PROPERLY WHEN TALKING TO THE PRESS BUT EXPRESSES HIMSELF BETTER ON THE FIELD, AND MOVE ON ?   undecided

u keep saying if his heart isnt with the club he should move on . . .my friend dont be foolish majority of footie players play for clubs without necessarily being a fan of the club, that makes them professional in their dealings and begin to look flirtatious ELSE EVERYONE WILL BE LIKE GIGGS AND SCHOLES AND PLAY FOR THEIR CHOSEN CLUBS FOR LIFE  tongue  cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 8:05pm On Jun 19, 2009
War on the GAYnners thread. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 8:17pm On Jun 19, 2009
~Sauron~:

War on the GAYnners thread. grin

when there is a devil . . there is always war . . . so move . . tongue tongue grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 8:19pm On Jun 19, 2009
allboyz:

when there is a devil . . there is always war . . . so move . . tongue tongue grin grin grin

Me ke? Debo and Kitaun are the devils.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by No2Atheism(m): 8:27pm On Jun 19, 2009
@sauron don't worry the glazers would sell more than ronaldo just to pay off your debt.

You people are in deep shit.

The pound is losing more value hence the your debt is increasing in value cus your pound starts to get less and less valuable enough to pay off your debt.

you have marketed you team chairs
you have marketed your everything
soon manutd players would start taking advertisements on their balls just to pay off the debt.

Now lets see how good manutd is without your show pony who has gone to spain to get laid and destroy his own career.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 8:34pm On Jun 19, 2009
No2Atheism:

@sauron don't worry the glazers would sell more than ronaldo just to pay off your debt.
You people are in deep shit.

All the Premiership clubs are in deep shit.
The Glazers didn't sell Ronaldo to pay off debt. . . . . . . .United made more than £300 million last season so they didn't have to sell Ronaldo.
Sir Alex made the decision to sell him cos he feels it's a good bargain.

The pound is losing more value hence the your debt is increasing in value cus your pound starts to get less and less valuable enough to pay off your debt.

Things would pick up again. The recession won't be forever.
The single most important threat is the 50% tax on Players' wages that would send most foreigners packing and plying their trades elsewhere.

you have marketed you team chairs
you have marketed you everything
soon manutd players would start taking advertisements on their balls just to pay off the debt.

Hahahahaha. . . . . . .Marketed team chairs and everything?
What are you talking about?

Now lets see how good manutd is without your show pony who has gone to spain to get laid and destroy his own career.

I heard the same bullshit when Cantona left.
Ruud, Beckham, Barthez, Stam, etc.
No player is bigger than Man Utd. . . . . . .Watch as United will make it four in a row next season.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 8:34pm On Jun 19, 2009
now to u ALLBOYZ   cool

when exactly did u register on NL ? If it had been long u would have noticed how loud enuff I shouted as regards Wenger's many follies and the stupidity behind the cliche WENGER KNOWS   angry so why do u now wonder if I am a gunner ?

THERE WOULDNT HAVE BEEN SO VIBRANT A SPORTS ZONE WITHOUT THE FOUNDING EFFORTS OF JACKAL, AKOLA, DEBO, MUKINA, VIEIRA, WORMY, LOYIKA, JK, MYSELF AND OTHERS and this BEING THAT EACH STOOD SOLIDLY FOR HIS CLUB. . .so which one be say u dey wonder whether if I be gunner ?

must I follow foolishly a coach towing a line when its obvious he aint getting it right ?

where u not here when I said prior to last season we would end up trophyless ? what happened ?

lets see what happens this season; I WILL STAKE A BET ON OUR WINNING ANYTHING BY THE TRANSFER WINDOW IS CLOSED . . .

if I admire a player, if he goes to another club I will still admire him but defo I wont give much of a damn abt him, ask peeps here what I felt about Henry then, one would have felt he is my god, but when he moved to Barca I became indifferent, if same happens to Ade, do u think I would feel differently ?  undecided

abeg, make nobody just dey give me dat gibberish of blind alloyed loyalty to rubbish . . .I am smart enuff to decipher when something is about to go wrong . . .

If Ade is Arsenal's problem, SELL HIM OFF ! and lets see WHICH ARSENAL PLAYER WOULD READILY FIT INTO THE SYSTEM CONSIDERING WE CAN NEVER EVER BE SURE OF EDUARDO, ROSICKY AND RVP BEING FULLY FIT SEASON LONG  tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 8:42pm On Jun 19, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

now to u ALLBOYZ   cool

THERE WOULDNT HAVE BEEN SO VIBRANT A SPORTS ZONE WITHOUT THE FOUNDING EFFORTS OF JACKAL, AKOLA, DEBO, MUKINA, VIEIRA, WORMY, LOYIKA, JK, MYSELF AND OTHERS and this BEING THAT EACH STOOD SOLIDLY FOR HIS CLUB. . .so which one be say u dey wonder whether if I be gunner ?

Allboyz? Did u see that?
Me and u nor dey the same category o.
Find your level. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 8:49pm On Jun 19, 2009
@Jackal

where were these guys in the days of;

HENRY VS RVN ?

GALLAS VS HEINZE ?

PIRLO VS RIQUELME ?

ETOO VS DROGBA ?

to name a few . . .

cry cry cry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 9:04pm On Jun 19, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

@Jackal

HENRY VS RVN ?

GALLAS VS HEINZE ?

cry cry cry

THIS!!!!

The HENRY vs RVN thread has to be the most nerve-wrecking battle i have ever done on this section.
It was Jackal vs Nightrider. . . . . . . .Christ, that was some battle.
Those days, there were no mods breathing down your necks so the words were raw and on point!!!
Allboyz can never understand jare. . . . . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 9:09pm On Jun 19, 2009
~Sauron~:

Allboyz? Did u see that?
Me and u nor dey the same category o.
Find your level. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Bros Nor mind DR.kIT . . . I Just dey wine am since . . .

@Dr. Kit - Sir - i have been on NL for over 4 yrs now . .but registered in early '07 . . .i know you too well . . .i was just kidding about you been a real gunner fan. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

why? - because i really do not understand your love for ADE . . . he's shyte this season and had slammed our fans to their face and yet you keep supporting him . .that dude deserve to leave if there are any demand from other clubs . .

I know you wella now . . . Just kidding though . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 9:20pm On Jun 19, 2009
allboyz:

why? - because i really do not understand your love for ADE . . . he's shyte this season and had slammed our fans to their face and yet you keep supporting him . .that dude deserve to leave if there are any demand from other clubs . .

I know you wella now . . . Just kidding though . . .

Y'all GAYnners are just using Ade as a scape-goat!
Arsenal failed to win anything this season because many of your good players failed to perform.
Cesc Fabregas was the biggest culprit. . . . .before his injury, he was shit!!!
Bendtner was wack, Toure and Gallas lost form. Denilson wasn't up for it and Almunia should be sold.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 9:28pm On Jun 19, 2009
~Sauron~:

Arsenal failed to win anything this season because many of your good players failed to perform.
Bendtner was wack, Toure and Gallas lost form. Denilson wasn't up for it and Almunia should be sold.

Yes i agree that most of our players didn't live up to expectation until the closing stage of the season . . .

But none of them were feeling happy about it . .none insulted the fans like ADE did . . .ADE wasn't remorseful . .maybe because he felt that he's earning high enough . . .or something . . abeg ADE should be deleted jor . . .

even in Togo . .they are kicking against him . . . i must not see ADE in our line up for next season ooo . . if not . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 9:39pm On Jun 19, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

@Jackal

HENRY VS RVN ?

GALLAS VS HEINZE ?

PIRLO VS RIQUELME ?

ETOO VS DROGBA ?

to name a few . . .

cry cry cry

So because "these guys" weren't here during the days of your Methuselaric and stale argument meant they have no right to make contributions now?

Dude you need to come off your high horses and stop making narccistic posts everywhere angry

You've been registered in NL since the Dinosaur era,so what? undecided

Abeg go sit down and stop riding on Ade's dick
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 9:48pm On Jun 19, 2009
~Sauron~:

It's a no brainer that most of the lads under-performed this season BUT you can't fault the passion with which most of them played still.

Ade just seemed like a player that doesn't care and was GUTLESS.

Let's forget Ade's malfeasance for his club thus expired season,have you read his lastest regarding his national team?

Dude needs attitudinal re-adjustment really.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 9:59pm On Jun 19, 2009
kay_pumpin:

It's a no brainer that most of the lads under-performed this season BUT you can't fault the passion with which most of them played still.
Ade just seemed like a player that doesn't care and was GUTLESS.

What passion are we talking about here?
Adebayor was injured for most parts. . . . .How many games did he start compared to 2007/8 season.
Abeg, make we hear word. . . . . . .Cesc was the biggest culprit. . . .He was shit throughout the season.

Let's forget Ade's malfeasance for his club thus expired season,have you read his lastest regarding his national team?

Someone must speak the truth. . . . . .Why ain't you dissing Gallas who said your players ain't fit for purpose?
His rants were swept under the carpet because he is not an African like ADE and yet y'all GAYnners continue to foam in the mouth.
If you are going to blame Emmanuel, please blame Wenger and other players.

Dude needs attitudinal re-adjustment really.

Since Henry left, he has been your most prolific striker.
Eduardo? Nah. . . . .Bendtner? . . .Blah. . . . .Vela? Rubbish.
Until another player bangs 30 goals a season, ADE's balls should be licked by y'all GAYnner ingrates.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 10:13pm On Jun 19, 2009
~Sauron~:

Adebayor was injured for most parts. . . . .How many games did he start compared to 2007/8 season.
Abeg, make we hear word. . . . . . .Cesc was the biggest culprit. . . .He was shit throughout the season.
How can Cesc be shyte throughout the season? He still had the highest number of assists for the club, even though he missed over 13 games.
Besides, go and read my list again - the main reason I am calling for Ade's departure are 2 - one is his SHAMEFUL behaviour in the last transfer window, and his loss of focus and attitude coupled with blaming fans for his rubbish performance.

Someone must speak the truth. . . . . .Why ain't you dissing Gallas who said your players ain't fit for purpose?
This is daft - RVP said we need more players, so did Cesc, so did Almunia. OBVIOUSLY Ade isn't being crucified based on footballing comments, just his asinine reasoning that fans are booing him because clubs want him.

His rants were swept under the carpet because he is not an African like ADE and yet y'all GAYnners continue to foam in the mouth.
This is even more idiotic - Kolo OPENLY said I WANTED TO LEAVE. That is honesty and maturity for you, from an invincible and FA cup winner no less. Now Ade thinks he is smarter than everyone and goes ahead to claim that he NEVER wanted to leave? Why not shut up over the matter, why play intelligent fans for fools?

Don't get it twisted - no one is blaming Ade for our failures, but he was NOT pulling his weight with his FREQUENT uninterested performances. He is paid to show up and fight for his life in EACH game, the way Cesc does.

Until another player bangs 30 goals a season, ADE's balls should be licked by y'all GAYnner ingrates.
Rubbish! Who cares about a one season flash? It's like saying fans should love Flamini more than Bertie because Flam had ONE good season?

We don't honour flash in the pans, for crying out loud he got a fatter deal, what other 'gratitude' does he want? What do fans get in return? He insults our intelligence at every turn. Such a mendacious and disrespectful player has NO PLACE at Arsenal FC.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 10:18pm On Jun 19, 2009
~Sauron~:

The same passion that you see a tactless mule like O'Shea display week in week out inspite of his lack of technique and football-brain that the likes of Rio and Vidic have.You can't ever fault O'shea's gut and effort.

~Sauron~:

Adebayor was injured,so was Cesc so i dunno what you are on about.

~Sauron~:

Of course if Wenger did take the glory for all the trophies he's led his wards to win since he arrived,he must be blamed for the shenanigan that ensued since the trophylessness.That said . . . . . . . . . Is it a coach's lack of nous that will make a team a team conceed 2 goals with 120 secs to go in a match a ala our match against the Spuds ?Some of this players need to be sent to the guillotine really.And yeah,Gallas goofed and suffered the consequence(loss of captainship) but since then you can't fault his contribution too.Ade is a Arrow.It is no coincidence he's hated by all except Kit.

~Sauron~:

It is amazing how y'all can forget Ade scored 30 goals and lost 30 begging chances.
Put Torres in his boots for that season and see his score 100 goals,with selfless creator like Hleb and Fabregas,you can not go wrong.

~Sauron~:

Vela rubbish?with how many playing times?Are you OK at all?
Until dude changes his attitude,his balls you be chopped and fed to birds of the air.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 10:32pm On Jun 19, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

if Clichy and Sagna, Wilshire, Toure played as devotedly as the likes of Fletcher, Carrick and Vidic ARSENAL WOULD HAVE WON THE LAST EPL  cool  
Please show this with PROOF. UTD won the league due to the size of their bench and the outstanding form of a few players. Our failure to win was NOT as a result of lack of devoted play as you are alluding.

u are asking me what Ade has won in his career ? WHAT HAS THE WHOLE OF THE ASSEMBLAGE OF WENGER'S KIDS WON ? why did we have some idiots celebrating Cesc winning the Euro cup last year ? sad u will agree  cry
No one has won anything, (Kolo, Clichy, RVP and a few others apart) so what winning mentality does Ade have that the others don't have? This is the import of my post - you tried to make it sound like Ade was a winner. Well a winner doesn't say 'I can't score against Terry, Vidic and co'. That is a loser mentality - a winner says 'I didn't do well enough, but next time, I will do my best to score' [/i]showing self confidence and drive.

For Ade to say that he is a Arrow

u said he is insulting the fans; what exactly did he say ? he said he didnt like the fact that they werent singing his praise like before . . .how does that amount to insulting the fans ? why cant we make an excuse for him and agree that he derives motivation from positive chants from the stands ?  

Can you stop spreading misinformation?
He said [i]'whenever they see in newspapers that Porto is coming for me they start booing me. If Porto decide to come for me it is not my fault. What are they booing me for?'

The interviewer asks 'when fans see a player is not appearing to try, is it not right to express their frustration?'

Ade says 'If I am judged based on what I do on the pitch THEY ARE RIGHT'. If anyone can prove that I said I am leaving, let them come to me'

'How can I repair my relationship if after I score then everyone is happy then they hear Milan want me and start booing me?'

What kind of insulting comments are those - booing him for being linked to other clubs  He is crazy, in fact he is a irredeemable fool for that.

at worse, why dont we just agree that HE DOESNT KNOW HOW TO EXPRESS HIMSELF PROPERLY WHEN TALKING TO THE PRESS BUT EXPRESSES HIMSELF BETTER ON THE FIELD, AND MOVE ON ?   undecided  
Why doesn't he SHUT UP then? He keeps making IDIOTIC comments, why won't fans want him out? Coupled with his RUBBISH attitude, who wouldn't want him out? He is disrespecting the fans.

u keep saying if his heart isnt with the club he should move on . . .m[b]y friend dont be foolish majority of footie players play for clubs without necessarily being a fan of the club, that makes them professional in their dealings and begin to look flirtatious[/b] ELSE EVERYONE WILL BE LIKE GIGGS AND SCHOLES AND PLAY FOR THEIR CHOSEN CLUBS FOR LIFE  tongue  cool

Again you are talking your usual rubbish - He is DELIBERATELY LYING and insulting fans' intelligence and that is the problem. No one is mad if he wants to leave, simply admit it. Kolo did, NO ONE is booing him. Ade LIES then shows DISINTEREST on the pitch - what fans will stand for that rubbish?  

Even Wenger had to BENCH him to save him from his stupidity in the last few games of the season. If Ade is your friend, advise him:
1. to SHUT HIS GOB

2. TO REDEDICATE HIMSELF to playing with ALL HIS HEART not thinking he has arrived - CHANGE HIS ATTITUDE!!!

Those two will only matter if he remains. I suspect he will be gone come August 31st, so lets wait and see.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 10:44pm On Jun 19, 2009
To those throwing the race-mantra as an excuse for Ade being picked on,i am sure you do not surf around Arsenal fan sites and blog to see the way an erstwhile hated Song is being praised after he upped his performance.Even Eboue who was loudly booed found his way back into fans' heart.

Bendtner?Sunday league?

Ade is just a loquacious and garrulous twerp who needs his mouth braced and locked and the key fed to a big whale. cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 10:53pm On Jun 19, 2009
kay_pumpin:

The same passion that you see a tactless mule like O'Shea display week in week out inspite of his lack of technique and football-brain that the likes of Rio and Vidic have.You can't ever fault O'shea's gut and effort.

O'Shea? What passion has he got? How is he any different to Adebayor or even Bendtner?
JOS does what he's paid to do. . . . .He lacks the extra factor that players like Ade possess in abundance.
Passion is Wayne Rooney, Gerrard, Tevez and Gallas.

Adebayor was injured,so was Cesc so i dunno what you are on about.

Cesc is the heart n soul of Arsenal. . . . . .He reminds me of George Hagi of Romania in em days.
When Cesc plays well, Arsenal play well and that is how important he is to the team.
If he had shown 60% of what he showed in the early months of 07/08 season, Arsenal woulda won one title at least last season.

Of course if Wenger did take the glory for all the trophies he's led his wards to win since he arrived,he must be blamed for the shenanigan that ensued since the trophylessness.That said . . . . . . . . . Is it a coach's lack of nous that will make a team a team conceed 2 goals with 120 secs to go in a match a ala our match against the Spuds ?Some of this players need to be sent to the guillotine really.And yeah,Gallas goofed and suffered the consequence(loss of captainship) but since then you can't fault his contribution too.Ade is a Arrow.It is no coincidence he's hated by all except Kit.

Wenger should be blamed. . . . . .A coach's nous can contribute to his team conceding 2goals in 120 secs.
It's called mental FATIGUE. Arsene believes in paper-thin squad and that me
ans overusing one's resources unnecessarily.
Do u really think SAF is stupid for having 50 something players in his kitty? Macheda, Welbeck, Gibson, etc? It's a way of easing the burden of his prized players and this is why Giggsy and Scholesy can turn it ON when their services are required on special nights.

It is amazing how y'all can forget Ade scored 30 goals and lost 30 begging chances.
Put Torres in his boots for that season and see his score 100 goals,with selfless creator like Hleb and Fabregas,you can not go wrong.

So let Wenger buy Torres then . . . . .How much was Torres, how much was Ade?
Y'all talk as if Ade just strolled into the Arsenal team like a vagabond. . . . .Your gaffer brought him to Arsenal and he was not as expensive as Nando.
When u pay dearly for a commodity, u shall reap it's benefits.
Arsenal is getting what Ade's worth and i am bold to say he has given more than what y'all guys paid to get him.

Vela rubbish?with how many playing times?Are you OK at all?
Until dude changes his attitude,his balls you be chopped and fed to birds of the air.

But RVP is sacred. . . . . .How many seasons now that he hasn't scored 14 league goals in one season?
There's a reason RVP doesn't get mentioned as a dud. . . . . .Africans will always be the scape-goats.
Ade's SIN is his SKIN.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 11:12pm On Jun 19, 2009
debosky:

How can Cesc be shyte throughout the season? He still had the highest number of assists for the club, even though he missed over 13 games.
Besides, go and read my list again - the main reason I am calling for Ade's departure are 2 - one is his SHAMEFUL behaviour in the last transfer window, and his loss of focus and attitude coupled with blaming fans for his rubbish performance.

Number of assists means shyte. . . . . .A player like Cesc should be contributing his own quota in a team as technically inept as Arsenal.
Look around you. . . . . .How many players are up to the task in that team? NIL.
Yes, your fans should be blamed for their idiotic and relentless booing of your players.
Bleep it. . . . . .When HENRY called your fans buncha spastics for leaving the stadium early, did y'all crucify him?

This is daft - RVP said we need more players, so did Cesc, so did Almunia. OBVIOUSLY Ade isn't being crucified based on footballing comments, just his asinine reasoning that fans are booing him because clubs want him.

Why should Arsenal fans boo their own players? Was Ronaldo booed even after he openly flirted with Real Madrid.
We want players to be disciplined and yet we don't want fans to take a cue? You are a charlie uniform november tango.

This is even more idiotic - Kolo OPENLY said I WANTED TO LEAVE. That is honesty and maturity for you, from an invincible and FA cup winner no less. Now Ade thinks he is smarter than everyone and goes ahead to claim that he NEVER wanted to leave? Why not shut up over the matter, why play intelligent fans for fools?

Unfortunately, 80% of your fans are not intelligent.
Eboue never said he wanted to leave and they subjected him to the biggest humiliation a player can ever face.
The same fans that left empty when United scored 2 goals in a semifinal tie in Europe? Why didn't Man Utd fans leave OT when Tottenham scored 2 goals in a league game even more important than Arsenal's semis?

Don't get it twisted - no one is blaming Ade for our failures, but he was NOT pulling his weight with his FREQUENT uninterested performances. He is paid to show up and fight for his life in EACH game, the way Cesc does.

Blame Wenger.
A team is what it's called. . . .A TEAM.
Different players working for each other to achieve a common goal. . . . . .If one unit gets defective, it would affect the whole system.
U cannot lose 3 decent defensive midfielders and expect optimum performance. . . . .It defies Science and LOGIC.

Rubbish! Who cares about a one season flash? It's like saying fans should love Flamini more than Bertie because Flam had ONE good season?

I care until RVP, Bendtner, Dudu, Vela and Jay Simspon can replicate Ade's one season wonder.
If RVP had scored 30 goals this season for Arsenal, y'all woulda won either the Carling cup or FA cup.

We don't honour flash in the pans, for crying out loud he got a fatter deal, what other 'gratitude' does he want? What do fans get in return? He insults our intelligence at every turn. Such a mendacious and disrespectful player has NO PLACE at Arsenal FC.

Your fans should direct their frustrations towards spastic Wenger.
Once the manager gets it wrong, the players would certainly get it wrong.
The Premiership is like a WAR and these gaffers are the generals. U have to plot, plan, strategize and recruit the best marksman to win a war.
If the plot and plan is useless, even the best marksmen in the world would be sitting ducks in a battle.
Until WENGER gets it right, i don't expect too much from Arsenal players.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 11:14pm On Jun 19, 2009
~Sauron~:

Ade's SIN is his SKIN.

SKIN - [b]S[/b]tupidly and [b]K[/b]nowingly [b]IN[/b]sulting fans.  tongue

Stop your pointless justifications - till Ade shows RESPECT and the appropriate ATTITUDE, I will be on his case till Kingdom come. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 11:22pm On Jun 19, 2009
~Sauron~:

O'Shea? What passion has he got? How is he any different to Adebayor or even Bendtner?
JOS does what he's paid to do. . . . .He lacks the extra factor that players like Ade possess in abundance.
Passion is Wayne Rooney, Gerrard, Tevez and Gallas.

O'shea shows passion and  puts in effort without a doubt.Inspite of his lack of extra factor,he was an integral part of your title-winning squad last season,not with the way he was been pushed around.Thats BTW,there's a reason Ade's name is not on your list of passionate player,no?  cheesy

~Sauron~:

Cesc is the heart n soul of Arsenal. . . . . .He reminds me of George Hagi of Romania in em days.
When Cesc plays well, Arsenal play well and that is how important he is to the team.
If he had shown 60% of what he showed in the early months of 07/08 season, Arsenal woulda won one title at least last season.

You are right about Cesc having a a BIG ROLE to play in our squad and the reason why he failed this last season can not be over-emphasized.
The loss of his allies(Flamini & Hleb) in the mid-field was part of the reason(this also affected Ade too without a doubt) BUT dude, Ade was just piss-poor over-all.
Smiling when we are trailing behind,wandering off-side relentlessly et al.If Ade was like this 2 seasons ago,he would have been sold off.Wonder why no one his romanticing dude this summer like the previous one?

~Sauron~:

Wenger should be blamed. . . . . .A coach's nous can contribute to his team conceding 2goals in 120 secs.
It's called mental FATIGUE. Arsene believes in paper-thin squad and that means overusing one's resources unnecessarily.
Do u really think SAF is stupid for having 50 something players in his kitty? Macheda, Welbeck, Gibson, etc? It's a way of easing the burden of his prized players and this is why Giggsy and Scholesy can turn it ON when their services are required on special nights,

The match i  cited was played Oct 29 dude,what kinda of mental fatique are you talking about?
The type you experience in the first half of the season and recover from at a latter part of the season?
Enlighten me pls

~Sauron~:

So let Wenger buy Torres then . . . . .How much was Torres, how much was Ade?
Y'all talk as if Ade just strolled into the Arsenal team like a vagabond. . . . .Your gaffer brought him to Arsenal and he was not as expensive as Nando.
When u pay dearly for a commodity, u shall reap it's benefits.
Arsenal is getting what Ade's worth and i am bold to say he has given more than what y'all guys paid to get him.

If remuneration is directly proportional to performance and output,you remember one Berbatov?
Ade's take-home pay was even hiked based on his one-season wonder,yet he decided to give back a lesser performance and languid disposition.
You think he was paid to score wonder goal against Villareal alone?Bleep him  angry

~Sauron~:

But RVP is sacred. . . . . .How many seasons now that he hasn't scored 14 league goals in one season?
There's a reason RVP doesn't get mentioned as a dud. . . . . ,

This is realistically RVP first full season with us,and how many times did he bail us out this season sef.

~Sauron~:

Africans will always be the scape-goats.
Ade's SIN is his SKIN.

Leading a lost racist soul out of a self-induced labyrinth is not my forte.
Pardon me if i pass on this one.

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (101)

UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 / Chelsea Vs Manchester United: FA Cup Final (1 - 0) On 19th May 2018 / Manchester City Vs Tottenham Hotspur:UCL Quarter Finals (4 -3) On 17th Apr. 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.