Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,358 members, 7,829,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (70531 Views)

Poll: Do You Want Ade To Leave Arsenal FC?

Yes - Sell him immediately: 28% (17 votes)
Yes - Use the money to strengthen the team: 41% (25 votes)
No - Ade has been maltreated by the press: 10% (6 votes)
Not unless he is replaced, I will be sad to see him go: 18% (11 votes)
Unsure: 1% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 1:43pm On Jun 17, 2009
hehehehe. . . . if only Arsenal scouts would take notice of Myles P. . . . . what original opinion does Myles P have to offer?. . . . Myles P is a second-hand journalist. . . . Melo is a good player. . . . but truth be told, Myles P had never seen him play until he read the rumours that Arsenal wanted to sign him. . . . he then piggybacked the rumours, acting as an authority on the matter, when we all know Myles P knows nothing about Felipe Melo. . .  and forming an opinion on him after watching just one game is reckless to say the least. . . if Myles P had any prior knowledge of the player, he would have recommended him since last December when Melo was on fire and Mourinho was rumoured to be interested. . . . instead the pretentious Myles P waits until British press carry rumours of his signing, watches him once and makes a recommendation based on that. . . . same story with Hitzlsberger. . . . it was only on my way home last night where I read in the Metro that Arsenal are interested in Hitzlsberger. . . . Myles P must have seen the rumour somewhere and jumped on it. . . . can Myles P be original for once and give a recommendation on a player he has actually been following?  grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 1:52pm On Jun 17, 2009
Why is Ibime posting like Criz these days . .You don dey do follow follow lipsrsealed grin grin nor vex na joke oh grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 1:56pm On Jun 17, 2009
mukina2:

Why is Ibime posting like Criz these days . .You don dey do follow follow lipsrsealed grin grin nor vex na joke oh grin

Am I posting like Criz? grin. . . . its cos Im missing her. . . tell her I said that grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 2:00pm On Jun 17, 2009
but she is online daily naw . . grin . . . grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by tocdee(m): 2:04pm On Jun 17, 2009
Arsenal vs
Sat Jan 30 2010   Manchester United

Sat Feb 06 2010   Chelsea

Tue Feb 09 2010   Liverpool

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 2:06pm On Jun 17, 2009
Ibime:

Am I posting like Criz? grin. . . . its cos Im missing her. . . tell her I said that grin

Ah that's reassuring,I thought you wanted to act Myles P ish grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 2:18pm On Jun 17, 2009
mukina2:

i heard Cesc got injured against NZ undecided

where?

Radio Gambia?
tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 2:19pm On Jun 17, 2009
debosky:

Sorry mate - I'm doing it to taunt both Ibime and Kit. grin grin grin

I know! grin cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 2:26pm On Jun 17, 2009
Sharrap Ibime!  grin

Melo was recommended last December, apparently Fiorentina wasn't interested in selling then.  tongue

Myles is not a player scout, he is a commentator giving his own views on matters. Most of his focus deals with the back ground goings on at Arsenal that you wouldn't find reported in the general press, not transfer dealings.  tongue

MrCrackles:

where?

Radio Gambia?
tongue

It's true mate, that prat Xabi Alonso clattered into him during training and he has a slight injury.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 2:34pm On Jun 17, 2009
debosky:

It's true mate, that prat Xabi Alonso clattered into him during training and he has a slight injury.

Dang!
I really hope that kid will be fresh for the start of the season
We need to fly out of the blocks really quick, no stuttering this time around!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 2:43pm On Jun 17, 2009
tocdee:

Arsenal vs
Sat Jan 30 2010   Manchester United

Sat Feb 06 2010   Chelsea

Tue Feb 09 2010   Liverpool

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Too early man
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 2:45pm On Jun 17, 2009
Haterz all over
When we are linked with a class player,
they say we don't have the money to buy him(Remember the'arsenal cannot afford arshavin rants')
or he's a class above us.(how many players being bandied around are really better than Paddy,Henry,Pires at their peak )
When we are linked with an unknown 16 year old or an obscure player,
the laughs get louder than normal and All the talks of  
Arsenal being cheap or being stingy starts to reverberate.
Na wa ooh
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 2:52pm On Jun 17, 2009
That is the idiocy displayed by many of our haters - you only buy kids, but linked with an 'expensive' player, he is too expensive for Arsenal. One would think they live with AW counting the cash made after each matchday. grin grin

Regardless of who we sign or don't sign, I shall remain an ardent, faithful gunner. cool

dayokanu:

Melo is good but beyond Arsenals class

Care to explain that statement?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 3:12pm On Jun 17, 2009
MrCrackles:

where?

Radio Gambia?
tongue
alabukun angry grin grin i nor sabi wetin hin mean oh grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 3:25pm On Jun 17, 2009
Oh Lord . . .

to faithful Gunners . . .

I dont like the idea of Arsenal playing Chelsea,MANURE,L'POOL all in Jan/Feb 10. . . .why? its African Nations cup period and we tend to loose about 4 - 6 players during that period . . .i pray i pray i pray . . .

AW needs to buy players from other continent and not from Africa this time . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 3:30pm On Jun 17, 2009
@ allboyz

I think this might already be in AW's consideration, hence we are being linked with non-African players at the moment and we need sell off that prat called Ade. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 3:36pm On Jun 17, 2009
i wont be surprised if he buys Eboue's cousin and Ade's son tongue

nations cup or not. AW will do what he wants cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 3:42pm On Jun 17, 2009
debosky:

@ allboyz

I think this might already be in AW's consideration, hence we are being linked with non-African players at the moment and we need sell off that prat called Ade. tongue

Arsenal's fixtures are scary. . . . . .
Hehehehehe. . . .What in the name of Zeus was the FA thinking?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 3:42pm On Jun 17, 2009
mukina2:

i wont be surprised if he buys Eboue's cousin and Ade's son tongue
nations cup or not. AW will do what he wants cheesy

Ade get pikin? shocked shocked
For where you hear dat one? shocked
Radio Freetown?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 3:44pm On Jun 17, 2009
MrCrackles:

Ade get pikin? shocked shocked
For where you hear dat one? shocked
Radio Freetown?

Ade's Pikin is Bendtner's mate, that's why Ade got so angry and wanted to slap the boy. Imagine disrespect. grin grin grin

~Sauron~:

At least Benitez will not be able to come up with a rant this time around - We can handle anything thrown at us jare.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 3:48pm On Jun 17, 2009
debosky:

Ade's Pikin is Bendtner's mate, that's why Ade got so angry and wanted to slap the boy. Imagine disrespect. grin grin grin

Oh i see! cheesy grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 3:50pm On Jun 17, 2009
debosky:

At least Benitez will not be able to come up with a rant this time around - We can handle anything thrown at us jare.

Benitez is a dunderhead.

Before Ronaldo's transfer. . . . .I didn't want Man Utd to win the league again(as long as Chelsea/Arsenal clinch the title).
But now. . . . .United must win it(otherwise you twerps would say United lost it because of Ronaldo's exit).
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 3:51pm On Jun 17, 2009
Crashy tongue
grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 3:57pm On Jun 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

My Broda . . .i nor no wetin 'em FA they think oooooo
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 3:59pm On Jun 17, 2009
allboyz:

My Broda . . .i nor no wetin 'em FA they think oooooo

It might work out for you in the end.

Last season, United's fixtures were heavy.
From Anfield straight to Stamford Bridge(we copped 1 point from 6 points).
But after boxing day, we were playing shit teams away from home and the tough fixtures were at OT.
Before u could spell "Alex Ferguson", United were coasting. . . . . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 3:59pm On Jun 17, 2009
allboyz:

Oh Lord . . .

to faithful Gunners . . .

I dont like the idea of Arsenal playing Chelsea,MANURE,L'POOL all in Jan/Feb 10. . . .why? its African Nations cup period and we tend to loose about 4 - 6 players during that period . . .i pray i pray i pray . . .

AW needs to buy players from other continent and not from Africa this time . . .

Feels so good to be back  cheesy

I think the supposedly easy fixtures we had at the early part of last season was one of the MAJOR reason we had a relaxed approach culminating in dismal performances by our lads.As it was,the boys raised their game for the so-called BIG games. . . . .forgetting the league is not all about winning the "big matches" BUT copping 3-points against all opponents,including the small teams.

This season will be an interesting one going by the fixtures(Only 2 home games in first 2 month) and the KEY during this preparatory stage is getting the right personnels for the weak positions(CB and DF) and not forgetting the forthcoming ACN should be an index in whoever we want to sign.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 4:05pm On Jun 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

It might work out for you in the end.

Last season, United's fixtures were heavy.
From Anfield straight to Stamford Bridge(we copped 1 point from 6 points).
But after boxing day, we were playing shit teams away from home and the tough fixtures were at OT.
Before u could spell "Alex Ferguson", United were coasting. . . . . . .

Yea . .i might favor us in a way . .but after the Feb "BIG" games . . .AW may just decide to use the second team selection for most of our games (because of UCL) and that may also affect us in a way . . . like those second team may draw and win some games . .all we need is maximum points from all our matches like Kay said . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by biolabee(m): 5:40pm On Jun 17, 2009
i think this is a good set of fixtures as we know how we stand immediately
eevn the supposed easy macthes we had this season we still lost 5 games in the first half,
lets get dirty!

muki wats ur problem with oguchi i think hes ok and hes above ft
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by folahann(m): 7:14pm On Jun 17, 2009
Madrid is selling!!!! Arsenal go pick your own now. Make we no go finish for our favourite position(just 3 places below the champions) again ooo
All those being sold are better that Mr. Ade, Mofo E, Oga Bendtner, Diaby and others you know. Anyways, there is always a next season.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 8:02pm On Jun 17, 2009
folahann:

Madrid is selling!!!! Arsenal go pick your own now. Make we no go finish for our favourite position(just 3 places below the champions) again ooo
All those being sold are better that Mr. Ade, Mofo E, Oga Bendtner, Diaby and others you know. Anyways, there is always a next season.

una nor go kill me oooo grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 1:05pm On Jun 18, 2009
Heard AW didn't sign Vincent Enyeama because his club asked for 3 million euros,I'm not interested in the veracity or otherwise of the report,but I'm worried that if it's true then it appears AW has not learnt his lessons about the uselessness of his wengernomics,how could he decline to sign a keeper who's better than Fabianski just because of 3 million euros.I fear for next season
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 1:10pm On Jun 18, 2009
It was a silly rumour - Wenger was NEVER interested in Enyeama. All the speculation was based on a joking comment Wenger made while running commentary on the France vs Nigeria game.

I don't think Enyeama is better than Fabianski - if he is, why is he still in Israel and not been bought by other clubs? Fabianski is an OK #2 who needs to work on his decision making and not make rash dashes out of the box. That aside, he has confidence and ability. Besides, he has time to improve. cool

Personally, a goal keeper is NOT our problem, so no reason even contemplating buying one - we need one or two CBs a DM and a striker if Ade leaves. Speculators will take every single comment made and twist it into a transfer story if possible, but let's focus on substance and not hearsay.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (101)

MK Dons Vs Manchester United: Capital One Cup (4 - 0) On 26th August 2014 / Chelsea Vs Manchester United: FA Cup Final (1 - 0) On 19th May 2018 / UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.