Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

Thread For Igbos.......lets Show Our Cultures, Personalties And Achievements. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thread For Igbos.......lets Show Our Cultures, Personalties And Achievements. (5062 Views)

[video] Fashola Talks On his 3 Ministries Challenges And Achievements / Igbos Lets Forget Biafra Now Since The South South Has Declined To Join Us / Nnamdi Kanu's Profile And Achievements Hits Wikipedia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Igbos.......lets Show Our Cultures, Personalties And Achievements. by biafranking: 7:58pm On Nov 02, 2015
menabadoo:
Igbo nma nma nu, this thread is meant to showcase igbo culture, achievements, personalities all over the world and to discuss further progress of alaigbo.

Biko nu, unu bia nu ebea ka anyi ti yen aka bunie alaigbo Enu.

Igbo Amaka.
maka chukwu gozie gi.
This is the kind of thread i pray for. Atleast it s open for the whole ndiigbos.

4 Likes

Re: Thread For Igbos.......lets Show Our Cultures, Personalties And Achievements. by biafranking: 8:00pm On Nov 02, 2015
Vicotex:
Reps Afikpo
re you from afikpo? E bu onye amasiri?
Re: Thread For Igbos.......lets Show Our Cultures, Personalties And Achievements. by Udmaster(m): 8:20pm On Nov 02, 2015
IGBO AMAKA.

4 Likes

Re: Thread For Igbos.......lets Show Our Cultures, Personalties And Achievements. by IGBOSON1: 8:25pm On Nov 02, 2015
Is this thread necessary? It would have been better to post any Igbo related news in the already existing relevant thread! And in the case of Ebony and Abia, create a new one if needed!

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Igbos.......lets Show Our Cultures, Personalties And Achievements. by Udmaster(m): 8:27pm On Nov 02, 2015
MASTERS ENERGY builds an Industrial complex estate in Uturu, Abia State.
The Complex will be Producing Fertilizers, Plastics, Chemicals, Aluminium Zincs, Lubricants etc.
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/07/masters-energy-floats-industrial-city-in-abia/

1 Like

Re: Thread For Igbos.......lets Show Our Cultures, Personalties And Achievements. by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 02, 2015
biafranking:
maka chukwu gozie gi.
This is the kind of thread i pray for. Atleast it s open for the whole ndiigbos.
imela nwanne'm.

You don't seem to know how happy I'm to be an igbo.

Ndigbo na nma dika bread na butter grin

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Igbos.......lets Show Our Cultures, Personalties And Achievements. by mightyokwy(m): 8:54pm On Nov 02, 2015
UMU IGBO MMA MMA NUOOO, NKE ONYE CHIRI YA EZERE. AYI BU NDI IGBO NWERE MMANWU DI ICHE ICHE DIKA OME-NA ALA AYI SI DI
Mmanwu is a traditional masquerade of the Igbo people of southeastern Nigeria. Their culture revolves around work and entertainment, and to the Igbo people, masquerade is a major form of entertainment. The masquerade revolves around their community and masquerades can differ from village to village. Masquerades generally last for a few weeks, however some may span over a few months. These events are frequently performed during the end of the harvesting season and the start of the new planting season. There are some Igbo that perform masquerades throughout the entire year. Masquerades are used to honor the dead and pray to the gods for a successful planting season. Since the Igbo only know their history through oral interpretation, the origins of the masquerade have been lost.

The Igbo masquerades, mmanwu, are traditional performances acted out by exclusive secret societies within a community. These exclusive societies consist of adult male members. Each member must be initiated into the society. Their identity is known only to the other members. The main function of these societies is to celebrate the harvest and to entertain the village people. Some other functions include enforcing village curfews, protection, and as village security guards. The members, also known as masqueraders, wear masks to hide their identity from the rest of the village. The mask is also worn to resemble the spirit of a dead community member. By wearing the mask, a masquerader is thought to have spiritual powers that are conducted through the mask.

The living-dead are what these masquerade/spirits embody. Igbo people believe that the dead never actually die; rather they remain in a "personal immortal state". They reside somewhere between the earthly world and the spiritual world. These living-dead are believed to be closely related to those of the village. Since men are masqueraders, they are buried within their homes so their spirits may be close to their families. The living-dead then return to the earthly world from time to time to offer spiritual advice. It is the living-dead, who the masquerade portrays. Below are some of the masquerade you can find in igbo land.

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Igbos.......lets Show Our Cultures, Personalties And Achievements. by NRIPRIEST(m): 9:05pm On Nov 02, 2015
Very embarrassing,disgraceful,shameful and stupid thread...I will not be part of this dicck measuring.
Re: Thread For Igbos.......lets Show Our Cultures, Personalties And Achievements. by Nobody: 9:09pm On Nov 02, 2015
NRIPRIEST:
Very embarrassing,disgraceful,shameful and stupid thread...I will not be part of this dicck measuring.
what's wrong with the thread? Can't we showcase our culture and heritage again?

Must you attach sentiment to everything?

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Igbos.......lets Show Our Cultures, Personalties And Achievements. by Udmaster(m): 9:09pm On Nov 02, 2015
IGBO DELICACIES. 1. NKWOBI 2. NSISA

4 Likes

Re: Thread For Igbos.......lets Show Our Cultures, Personalties And Achievements. by Udmaster(m): 9:14pm On Nov 02, 2015
Okazi Soup

4 Likes

Re: Thread For Igbos.......lets Show Our Cultures, Personalties And Achievements. by emmysoftyou: 9:33pm On Nov 02, 2015
the map below me..
Not all ndiigbos re proud of their identity though.

Picture2 represent proud igbos..so if you re proud.. ?

Shout
igbo kwenu...kwezuonu oooooooo...grin

i represent imo and anambra and ikwerre...we re one...

Make i no forget to hail the op..menabadoo.
Bros,God bless you hustle sir..amen..i dey read ur comment and i dey gbadun you wella..no homo o. One love.

Make i hail chino11,abagworo,investnow2013,beremx,rarediamond.asha80.tonychristopher,pezienza.igboson,nripriest,spacetour,bigfrancis23,Armaggedon,Vayne,Dikeoh882,ekenedegreat,kaycid77,vicotex,new2020,cuckoldmaster,chibuzoc, cuckoldlover.
i ve forgotten that guy that open enugu thread,spyder88 or sth like that..
this is a more reasonable thread for southeasterners ...
Your comments is needed here urgently esp the two imo and anambra warlord.
Abagworo and chino11..you guys re wanted here..
your words should be igbos did this and that..
Maka na umu Igbo o buna bu umu nnem -one love+
Yes o. wink
Ala Igbo bu ana nke ezigbo aku .
No shaking..cool

1 Like

Re: Thread For Igbos.......lets Show Our Cultures, Personalties And Achievements. by ikechu1278: 9:36pm On Nov 02, 2015
Anioma and proud igbo.

I'll even die for the Igbo tribe but definitely not that zoo called niggeria

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Igbos.......lets Show Our Cultures, Personalties And Achievements. by DonXavi(m): 9:38pm On Nov 02, 2015
God bless the Igbo nation.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Igbos.......lets Show Our Cultures, Personalties And Achievements. by emmysoftyou: 9:38pm On Nov 02, 2015
emmysoftyou:
the map below me..
Not all ndiigbos re proud of their identity though.

Picture2 represent proud igbos..so if you re proud.. ?

Shout
igbo kwenu...kwezuonu oooooooo...grin

i represent imo and anambra and ikwerre...we re one...

Make i no forget to hail the op..menabadoo.
Bros,God bless you hustle sir..amen..i dey read ur comment and i dey gbadun you wella..no homo o. One love.

Make i hail chino11,abagworo,investment2013,beremx,rarediamond.asha80.tonychristopher,pezienza.igboson,nripriest,spacetour,bigfrancis23,Armaggedon,Vayne,Dikeoh882,ekenedegreat,kaycid77,vicotex,new2020,cuckoldmaster,chibuzoc, cuckoldlover.
i ve forgotten that guy that open enugu thread,spyder88 or sth like that..
this is a more reasonable thread for southeasterners ...
Your comments is needed here urgently esp the two imo and anambra warlord.
Abagworo and chino11..you guys re wanted here..
your words should be igbos did this and that..
Maka na umu Igbo o buna bu umu nnem -one love+
Yes o. wink
Ala Igbo bu ana nke ezigbo aku .
No shaking..cool
Re: Thread For Igbos.......lets Show Our Cultures, Personalties And Achievements. by Udmaster(m): 9:47pm On Nov 02, 2015
1. A Round about in Owerri. 2. Abiriba Community, Abia State

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Igbos.......lets Show Our Cultures, Personalties And Achievements. by Udmaster(m): 9:49pm On Nov 02, 2015
IGBOS. Beautiful People.

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Igbos.......lets Show Our Cultures, Personalties And Achievements. by gab264(m): 10:05pm On Nov 02, 2015
NRIPRIEST:
May Satan lick yaa yash there idiot.
This thread is for Igbo.
I cast u out of this thread in Jesus name!!! amen

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Igbos.......lets Show Our Cultures, Personalties And Achievements. by VickJames(m): 10:09pm On Nov 02, 2015
i will love us make this thread lively.

discussions might surface later.

proudly igbo

nwa nanka proper

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Igbos.......lets Show Our Cultures, Personalties And Achievements. by VickJames(m): 10:13pm On Nov 02, 2015
i wish to say that threads like this should be discussion-based so that we can actually get a stable environment where we can discuss things without attaching our states to it.
Re: Thread For Igbos.......lets Show Our Cultures, Personalties And Achievements. by Nobody: 10:31pm On Nov 02, 2015
Menabadoo,beautiful thread.
God in heaven knows that i'm a proud igbo man but i have to speak the unspeakable.
We,the present day igbos are a disgrace to our ancestors.
We have refused to develop our ancestral land and ventured out to develop that of others.
We have delibrately refused to teach our children our language,thinking that it makes them "local".
We have refused to teach our children our rich cultures,we give them english names etc
we have failed woefully as a people and our ancestors are rolling in their graves.
RADIO BIAFRA should be used to reach out to the igbo populace on the aforementioned issues and not spreading hate messages.
op,i'd be very grateful if you open a thread of discussion for all igbos on the issues i raised.
We can hate the yorubas all we like,but we have to admit within ourselves that in the aspect of preserving their cultural heritage,THEY ARE WORTHY OF EMMULATION.
#dropsMic.

4 Likes

Re: Thread For Igbos.......lets Show Our Cultures, Personalties And Achievements. by Vicotex(m): 10:39pm On Nov 02, 2015
biafranking:
re you from afikpo? E bu onye amasiri?
mba, onye Edda
Re: Thread For Igbos.......lets Show Our Cultures, Personalties And Achievements. by Udmaster(m): 10:39pm On Nov 02, 2015
TellingItAsItIs:
God in heaven knows that i'm a proud igbo man but i have to speak the unspeakable.
We have refused to develop our ancestral land and ventured out to develop that of others.
We have delibrately refused to teach our children our language,thinking that it makes them "local".
We have refused to teach our children our rich cultures,we give them english names etc
we have failed woefully as a people and our ancestors are rolling in their graves.
RADIO BIAFRA should be used to reach out to the igbo populace on the aforementioned issues and not spreading hate messages.
op,i'd be very grateful if you open a thread of discussion for all igbos on the issues i raised.
We can hate the yorubas all we like,but we have to admit within ourselves that in the aspect of preserving their cultural heritage,THEY ARE WORTHY OF EMMULATION.
#dropsMic.
you are wrong in your assertations, Igbo Language have established itself strongly to the fact that it can never die.
Igbo culture is still intact, Name? Its very hard to see an Igbo man who use an English name as surname. We are proud of our names and Igbo girls name is sweet.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Igbos.......lets Show Our Cultures, Personalties And Achievements. by VickJames(m): 10:43pm On Nov 02, 2015
TellingItAsItIs:
#dropsMic.

if i say God bless you, will you be mad at me?

they only open threads to say, nnewi is igbo land and other things.

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Igbos.......lets Show Our Cultures, Personalties And Achievements. by VickJames(m): 10:44pm On Nov 02, 2015
Udmaster:
you are wrong in your assertations, Igbo Language have established itself strongly to the fact that it can never die.
Igbo culture is still intact, Name? Its very hard to see an Igbo man who use an English name as surname. We are proud of our names and Igbo girls name is sweet.

lol, dont be too sure.

thats by the way

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Igbos.......lets Show Our Cultures, Personalties And Achievements. by Nobody: 10:47pm On Nov 02, 2015
Udmaster:
That is what you think.Take Lagos as a case study,i've lived there for some time before i left for good.
If you see a person bearing paragon,kimberly,cameron,andre etc 60% chance is that they're igbo,40% chance they dont have an igbo name,70% chance they cant say "bia" in igbo language,50%chance they can speak yoruba.
while 80% yorubas bear yoruba names,60% speak yoruba fluently,30% speak little igbo if at all.THAT'S THE TRUTH,ask any lagosian.

7 Likes

Re: Thread For Igbos.......lets Show Our Cultures, Personalties And Achievements. by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 02, 2015
VickJames:

if i say God bless you, will you be mad at me?

they only open threads to say, nnewi is igbo land and other things.
;Dnwanne m,how can i be mad at your good wishes??
Dont mind those fools,they make it seem like we're land grabbers.They havent develop our states,yet they're looking for more to add.
Ihe a na-eme ebe a n'ewem iwe
Re: Thread For Igbos.......lets Show Our Cultures, Personalties And Achievements. by pazienza(m): 10:56pm On Nov 02, 2015
TellingItAsItIs:
#dropsMic.

Please desist from bringing Arewa-Oduanistan propaganda here.

No part of Nigeria is anywhere close to Igboland in both human and infrastructural development.

https://www.nairaland.com/2576371/eastern-neighbourhoods-streets-made

Feed your eyes.

https://www.nairaland.com/237534/look-going-school-nigeria-statistics

https://www.nairaland.com/2263635/south-east-south-west-south-south-lead-attainment

Here is not a beer parlour, biko. We deal with facts here.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Igbos.......lets Show Our Cultures, Personalties And Achievements. by EdCure: 10:56pm On Nov 02, 2015
cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Igbos.......lets Show Our Cultures, Personalties And Achievements. by pazienza(m): 11:03pm On Nov 02, 2015
This thread is a welcome development. Pay no mind to our usual detractors.

The idea of having separate Enugu, Abia, Ebonyi, Anambra, Imo threads seem to highlight our fracture lines rather than unite us, and there is the problem of trying to accommodate the parts of Igboland in Delta and Rivers states, without attracting the "Awa oil" screaming people.

This unification thread will help us eliminate those fracture lines, accommodate our Anioma and Rivers Igbos Brothers and create a sense of unity.

Now let the pics flow biko.

6 Likes

Re: Thread For Igbos.......lets Show Our Cultures, Personalties And Achievements. by anigbogukelvin(m): 11:08pm On Nov 02, 2015
I am very happy to be among this wonderful people....Obodo anyi amaka....chachachacha ....Igbo kwenu

1 Like

Re: Thread For Igbos.......lets Show Our Cultures, Personalties And Achievements. by VickJames(m): 11:10pm On Nov 02, 2015
TellingItAsItIs:

;Dnwanne m,how can i be mad at your good wishes??
Dont mind those fools,they make it seem like we're land grabbers.They havent develop our states,yet they're looking for more to add.
Ihe a na-eme ebe a n'ewem iwe

we have better ways of approaching issues.

we should stop behaving as if it is not our parents that gave birth to us. i know that there is this value that an average igbo family instill on its members. i cant find it in many of us anymore, it is saddening.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Enugu Presidential Rally. PMB Meets A Fully Seated Stadium. Pics / Nigeria At 60: Ugwuanyi Receives Peace Award / Appeal Court Dismisses Suit Seeking Timipre Sylva’s Exclusion From Bayelsa Elect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.