Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Courtship And Romance. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Courtship And Romance. (444 Views)

Two Lovers Kiss And Romance At Maryland Mall In Lagos (Photo, Video) / Can You Go Into Sex Direct Without Kissing And Romance? / 8 Facts By Science On Love And Romance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Courtship And Romance. by Sarang(f): 3:48pm On Nov 03, 2015
Its never a sign of maturity to date or court a person for ten years, Its not really an achievement, Cos some of the marriages that had long courtship still end up in chaos. And relationships of months or few years still turn out to be blissful.
Why?

We must come to the realization that the quality of time is not dependant on its quantity. What do I mean?
Dating for Long years doesn't necessarily mean that you have known the person. its cool to court for years if you are graced to do so, but then what's the content of the long years?
If its just clubbing, Going to beach, Having sex, chatting everyday, writing love poems, fantasying, ETC, Then the long years is valueless.

No matter how short a relationship is, What matters is knowing the person, knowing their life aspirations, knowing their views on life, religion career, politics and all facets of life, And this can't be possible without Asking questions and spending VALUABLE TIME.

Chatting about how many kids you guys want is gibberish, That's fantasying when reality hasn't been settled.
You guys should be working on yourselves to see the marriage work out fine. if it sure does, then discussing about choice of children will be necessary.

And this is why a lot of marriages are suffering today. Their dating and courting period was only FUN filled. No asking of serious questions..
Questions like; If I provoke you to the peak, how would you react?
Would you allow me deny you sex cos I want to fast?
Why will you still hold onto me when my face is wrinkled, and my beauty faded?
What's your take on divorce?
I can keeping counting, I mean serious questions that will give you a direct and concise clue to who your significant other is.

And so after getting married with your ignorance and it leads to chaos, you start shouting and ranting of how you dated your partner for ten years, and blah blah blah.
But you haven't said what you both spent 10 years doing..

It would shock you how some relationships are managed, especially some long term relationships; They talk once in one month, whatever they're gonna say is all about how they feel and all those romantic sermons; "I wish you were here" "I can't stop thinking of marrying you" and all these blabs!
And they continue like this, for five years, so what makes it valuable?
Sending time talking feelings is a waste of time!

Maybe I'm derailing from my original subject. conclusively,
Dated for 6 years? it doesn't matter, what's the content of the years?
No matter how much you spend doing what Is irrelevant, it doesn't make it relevant.
And a little time spent doing what is valuable can yield powerful results.

How long you've known a person is not a determinant factor to How well you know them.

Ask questions, if you want to know.

#IamSARANG.
Re: Courtship And Romance. by Cutehector(m): 3:58pm On Nov 03, 2015
Wow
Re: Courtship And Romance. by damioyefolu: 4:16pm On Nov 03, 2015
Nice write up. Makes a lot of sense.
Re: Courtship And Romance. by Nobody: 6:06pm On Nov 03, 2015
I love this

(1) (Reply)

3 Secrets Of Flirting Reviled And It’s So Fascinating / Whats Happening To This Threads? Can The Mods Plz Do Something! / Whats The First Thing You Want To Do In The Year 2016?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.